Should I bother?

should I bother?

Attached: AssCreed.jpg (616x353, 45K)

It's free, so why not.

I'd say the best reason to buy is of you like the setting, I just bought origins because it was on sale and I'm a big fan of the KANGS but I don't expect it to be amazing

it's free? where?

This game is made by absolute liars. It's not even a Unity game.

Its the closest thing to a stealth game in the franchise.

Uplay.

It's an accurate reconstruction of the actual situation in Paris.

Attached: paris2020.png (1280x720, 2.11M)

It has some unique stuff to it.
It maintains the more traditional Assassin's Creed gameplay and feels more like an evolution of the first game. The Assassinations actually are setup as mini play grounds and you have a few different approaches to the main story targets.

In terms of open world, it's the last game to focus purely on scaling buildings and architecture. Everything after features grappling hooks, or a focus on horsing between gigantic areas. To that end, France is rendered beautifully.

The game is also probably the best looking in the series as well. The lighting model is superior to all other games, the in game assets are superb, and the cutscenes are the best animated in the series. There's a scene with a pivotal kiss, and it's the best kiss I've seen in a game. It looked like the real thing rather than two dolls bashing against each other.

From a gameplay perspective, it's alright. Notably, it's the only game that let's you wield a rifle as both a firearm and a melee weapon, and it feels great doing it.

In retrospect, it's an 8 out of 10 game, and it makes me year for what these games used to be.

Attached: 1554615526753.gif (250x188, 2.4M)

Is it at least a fun co-op game? Considering it's free, it could be a fun weekend to waste with friends?

Feels like it's an accurate representation of any era in France. How come France is almost always in some sort of chaos?

I never played with a friend as I got into it when the game was practically dead. But co op missions are important as they give you points to upgrade or gain new abilities

It's great eye candy

It took them until unity to implement crouch walk, on a series supposed to be about stealthy assassins.
And this was made by the same company who develop splinter cell which had crouch walk since game 1.

In their defense, they had a lot of hide in plain site mechanics, as well as vertical stealth, so their focus was evoking a different kind of stealth.

With it though, it actually is a great additional tool alongside those other elements.

Too bad in all future games, it became the main or only stealth mechanic.

It's always about "social stealth" where you hide among the crowds. It's simply not designed to have crouching stealth feature, not as if it's technologically impossible.
Also, AC3 have crouch stealth even though it's contextual instead of triggered manually.

It's the most recent Assassin's Creed that's worth playing. Syndicate was gutter trash, Origins was weak but had some moments, Odyssey is teetering on shit tier.

Attached: ACTier.png (1260x1126, 1009K)

I loved running around the city with my buds. Actually I was bummed when they took co-op out from the franchise

based and redpilled

Attached: 1436364772181.jpg (800x1064, 134K)

>AC2 low tier
>AC still better than AC2
Trash taste

>should I bother?
Fuck no, it's buggy as shit (characters will literally pop in/out of existence in cutscenes, the crowd tech is broken as fuck etc), poorly polished and a horrible reminder as to just how fucking shit AssCreed combat is.

Jumping from Sekiro to Unity was fucking atrocious, the opening sequence in Unity with the templar felt like there was 30 seconds delay on all my attack presses and I legit wasn't sure if I was even fucking controlling the character the delay was that bad.

Literally got to whatever fucking city you start in, ran away from some blacksmiths, chased a carriage, ran away from blacksmiths some more, waded through the most awful copy/paste crowd system i've ever seen, did some more shitty running around missions and uninstalled.

It's amazing that in over a decade they still haven't managed to make an AssCreed that isn't sluggish, oafish shit that controls horribly.

>Assassin's creed II in low tier
You have a horrible taste in everything

Attached: 1540054451784.jpg (1024x736, 56K)

Don't forget the "spam E to parry everytime" mechanic

Black Flag was crap. I don't see why Yea Forums loves it so much. It was probably only the 3rd best AC game which is still setting the bar pretty low.

And spam smoke bombs to cheese every encounter

>should I bother?
If you have to get validation, then no.

>AC2
>Low Tier
>Below AC1 and AC3
Shit taste

Attached: 1534843334301.jpg (1065x859, 76K)

This. Why the fuck not?

Black Flag was great simply because sailing/exploration helped to break up the monotony of the usual formula, also exploring tropical islands and small settlements was a whole lot more interesting than generic copy/paste city #34345345

How is that different from odyssey?

>How is that different from odyssey?
It's different because it's not trying to be some quasi loot grind RPG bullshit full of procedural generated quests, arbitrarily level gated areas/enemies and micro transactions out the ass to counteract how much of an un-fun slog the entire game is.

Origins and Odyssey shouldn't even be considered Assassins Creed games, they're just generic period piece RPG skinner boxes designed to fleece retards of time and money.

I thought Odyssey was good? What's wrong with it?

Odyssey had shitty tacked on RPG elements that have no place in an assassins creed game

if the performance was decent this would have been on par with being the best ass creed with black flag

Switch AC2 with AC1 and then this tier list is accurate

Thanks Anons

how many of these fucking things did they make?

Well, they're French.

>2 in Low tier
>Revelations in Shit tier
>3 in Mid tier

Attached: 1550951603530.png (1180x842, 246K)

>Everything after features grappling hooks
I get the gripe that g-hooks shouldn't be in the games, but do you actually have to use them to beat the game because that would suck. It's best that they be as pivotal as the rope dart was in AC3.