Hey, son...

>hey, son. Do you think you can give up on the thing that has been your motivation from literally the very first minute of the game and betray the prince?
>you wanna know why? Fuck you, just do what i tell you
So, From really doesnt want me to side with Owl, right?

Attached: maxresdefault(2).jpg (1280x720, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=12zMx7vFTHc&t=81
youtube.com/watch?v=QMXGqLxmSfI&t=81
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I thought he said he wanted the dragon blood for himself. I mean yeah it's a pretty lame reason to make Wolf forsake Kuro, but Owl is kinda a dirt bag.

You can't even take his side when you choose him.

Owl wants power and he's not an especially sophisticated person.
He's a brute that has lived his entire life killing people.

I personally find it refreshing.
It's not a mastermind that has galaxy sized brain and a complicated machiavellian plan, it's just some dumb fuck that wants to fuck everyone in the ass and be the biggest big boss around.
It's kinda nice to have such a simple, straightfoward character sometimes for a change, don't you think?

Attached: Owl-in-Sekiro.png (1920x1080, 2.39M)

I was expecting him to give you a good reason for wanting it, but i guess he just wants to be immortal for the sake of it. No bigger plan or anything that would make you simpatize with him.
He's just selfish.

>Wants his son to choose his side despite killing him himself 3 years prior that

Give this man #1 Dad mug already

Yeah your only motivation for choosing him is the "shinobi code" that he mentions where you dose with your family above all else or something

He doesn't want you to "choose his side".
He very openly plans to get rid of you eventually.

>He very openly plans to get rid of you eventually.
When does he do that?
He obviously kills you 3 years ago but now that Sekiro is alive again and rockin he just decided to exploit him further this time

It's rubbish, btw.

The shinobi code binds you to your lord, it's similiar to the bushido code where a samurai is 100% loyal to his lord no matter what.
There's no such thing as loyalty to your family first, he's making it up.
If your lord tells you to kill your own father you're exdpected to do it, and not ask questions.

So, what happened to Kuro's parents btw? I don't remember them being mentioned, should I assume that Owl had them killed during the attack or what?

At least if you side with him, the game's logic is you did it for another reason that's been hinted at through other conversations. But yeah Owl himself is a pretty meh character

>tells wolf to protect Kuro and that it's his iron code
>lol naaaaaah break the iron code cos I want something now

I think they wanted to make it pretty obvious that if you're siding with him you'll get the bad ending.

thats not true he always had the first rule of the iron code be to always obey owl.

Why did he put so much effort into training Wolf in the first place if he knew he would need to make him a servant of Kuro and eventually getting rid of them?
Isn't making him trained but keep to yourself to send on other missions would've been more desired? There would be no reason for the wolf to rise against the Owl in the first place and everything would've gone smooth.

Yeah it even has that annoying thing where they ask you twice to make sure you want to pick the "wrong" choice.

Didnt he just pretty much dump sekiro on butterfly?

Why is Sekiro such a manlet?

Attached: sekiro and owl's sword.jpg (736x439, 54K)

His second battle memory says he raised wolf on a whim. Then as time went on, he began to think a battle to the death with Wolf would be cool.

Who the hell do these guys work fo anyway?
Owl mentioned "the Interior Minsters"

Basically Tokugawa from actual Japan history. The ministry forces at the end even have his emblem.

The Interior Ministry, an arm of the shogunate. The opening cutscene shows Isshin and the army of Ashina repelling the shogunate, which historically sought to establish a unified military government in Japan.
Basically, they wanted to end the clan system, or at least limit their right to self-governance.

So enemies are bigger than him and feel more intimidating.
Just imagine facing manlytears.

So why did he organize the sack of Hirata? And why did he kill Wolf there who was still faithful to him?

Who would win, immortal Owl or Gwyn?

I think the sack was ordered by Genichiro, to retrieve Kuro.

Well, that would explain it, but is there any in-game evidence that Owl and Gen were teaming up at some point?

owl had black mortal blade in the shura ending that sekiro picks up.

Rule 1 is to obey your father
Rule 2 is to obey your master

This is like the first thing the game tells you

>rule 1 Your father is absolute
>rule 2 You rmaster is absolute
>rule 3 Fear is absolute
I wonder what are some other dumb rules in that code

Owl wins even without immortality. He's fucking huge and faster than Gwyn, besides. Gwyn is weak to parrying and has a big dumb thrust that'd get him OHKOd by a Mikiri counter.

I assume owl was sent to retreive the sword. he's a shinobi who steals shit. he also had the aromatic branch cos hes a stealing nigger. ema loot's owls corpse for the bell if you do the purification chain so you can assume she loots the black mortal blade in non shura route. and on the night of the ministry attack genichiro bursts in and steals the blade or something. it's all just meaningless conjuncture so take it with a grain of salt.

Don't you find Kuro's mother injured before Madame Butterfly?

youtube.com/watch?v=12zMx7vFTHc&t=81
v.
youtube.com/watch?v=QMXGqLxmSfI&t=81

It's not even a contest, Owl would shit on Gwyn

The plot looses a lot of sense with this dumb travel to the past loop.
It ruined the story for me

At first I thought it was an eloborate scheme for a good cause so Wolf could get the Divine Blood to protect Kuro better. When killing him in the non-shura endings he congratulates wolf even.

Turns out its not in the Shura ending and he's just a power hungry retard. Pretty disappointing really. Don't know if he conned Butterfly or made some promise to her.

I meant OG Gwyn, not the undead one.

Dark Souls combat was such a fucking joke.

>Train wolf wrong, as a joke
>Turns out he can just cheese you anyway

That’s not his mom, that’s the mom of the eyeless Samurai you find just ahead. She gives you the bell when she’s crazy in the present.

Except for all his Hinata shenanigans and tomfoolery

I assumed he ganked Genichiro for that offscreen

It's a fromsoft convention of "enemies are bigger" in the souls games they said something along the lines of "more souls makes you larger" which is why the silver knights are like 8 feet tall. in Bloodborne it's explained away with "blood mutations make you bigger", but in Sekiro they kept the design of big enemies without any reasoning behind it. Isshin is a whole foot taller than you, Owl is even bigger, Juzou is like 10 feet tall for no reason.

No shit
> met some kid in a battle, probably after killing one
> consider killing him, even cutting up his face
> recruit him for your shinobi army
> first code of shinobi is to obey me unconditionally
Yea bro he seems like an upstanding normal person.

didnt japanese create mythos for great military leaders like saying this guy was fucking huge and then painting his portrait to make him look bigger. I think the significant characters play into that myth of scope of greatness = actual physical size.

>When he mikiri counters you

Attached: holyshitman.jpg (1080x895, 54K)

That seems just as fucked up.

>travel to the past
it's not really

best if you think of it as buddha creating a pocket dimension based on memories for you to fuck around in

>It's kinda nice to have such a simple, straightfoward character sometimes for a change, don't you think?

>It's nice that a character has no personality, no development, no background, no motivation, nothing, and requires zero effort to write.
Yeah that's gonna be a no from me buddy, sorry.

He wasn't established as such in the beginning. He tells wolf you must do everything for your master. And it just turns out, out of the fucking blue, that no he's just a delusional douchebag who wants power for himself for the sake of it, without even an objective. They didn't even bother to give him an objective, any objective. It's shit.

OG Gwyns attack is mostly lightning, Owl is just sekiro but better so he still has the advantage

I can agree with that, user, but they could still have done a little more with the character. I can enjoy simple archetypes.

Literally one of the first things he tells you is "your Father's words come FIST. Master is a close SECOND".

obviously something happened in hirata estate and during those 3 years where he went underground. it's character development without the necessary exposition to thoroughly explain his motives. people can lie you know and owl wasnt the most trustworthy person. who knows what he was up to with that whole gimme dragonblood fit. maybe the dlc will expand on what the fuck is going with the story behind the curtain.

>I was expecting him to give you a good reason
>in a From game
Dude.

Attached: 1208410688270.jpg (533x594, 60K)

>Pretend to be dead and then stabbing Sekiro in the back
>Expect him to join him when he ask it after a few years and surprised when he refused

There's actually a good game design reason for it. Souls games always have the camera fixed directly behind the protagonist, which lends a feeling of 1 to 1 precise control but obscures a lot of the screen, especially when the camera's pushed up against a wall or something. Enemies have to be bigger than the player so that you can read their movements more easily. Notice how fighting those senpou assassin midgets up close feels so annoying until you just start guessing when they'll attack you. Most enemies in Bloodborne, DS3, and Sekiro all have the exact same tall, lanky body type to emphasize their movements.