RNG on vidya

Whats your opinion about it? its bad? a necessary evil?

Attached: Ehekatl of Luck.jpg (750x750, 104K)

It depends on the implementation on a case-by-case basis.

It's pretty necessary evil is what I would say since games that are static tends to lose some replayability in the long run.
Also based

Attached: 1544349988119.jpg (1162x990, 231K)

As long as there's a fair enough ability to manipulate rng in your favour (risk management) and back up plans are varied and feasible, it's okay.

Kill all angel pieces of shit.

I want to fuck Kumiromiso hard.

pls go
but why

Attached: 1555679643604.png (800x800, 328K)

There's no problem with luck in games.

Attached: BONUSU.png (257x255, 78K)

miromi milk

Attached: 1540366188212.jpg (1200x675, 90K)

WHY IS THERE NO GAME LIKE ELONA YET? HOW LONG MUST WE WAIT FOR AN ELONA SUCCESSOR

>but why
Should there be a reason why i would want to make love with my wife?
To stay in topic, i usually like RNG, specially in multiplayer games like but single player games are fine too, the only game where i wish had less RNG is XCOM, not sure why but i always feel like i'm being cheated in that piece of shit game.

soon

Attached: 1528227666872.png (800x428, 122K)

This right here. Risk management is a skill.

Why did you make such a mysterious post, is this image from something I should know about? What is soon? It better not be a Soon™

Attached: 1340496813935.gif (287x216, 914K)

You can hardly design a game outside of indie puzzles without some RNG.
Problems begin when rng is the core of your game, and you end up with dice rolling simulator like nuXCOM.

>he doesn't know
that's fine, not like it's ever gonna come out anyway

Attached: 1525589135404.png (1525x1525, 310K)

This. Some games just literally wouldn’t function without their RNG.
I guess it depends if it’s a necessary component of the mechanics or if it’s a crutch/hinderance for the player

It depends, can you manipulate RNG? How bad do you get fucked by a random roll?

Like, let's take hearthstone as an example, a card that summon a random card is fun like the new warlock leggo, you could get anything, the possibilities are infinite, you have to adapt to the result, perhaps the result will be so off the wall it will let you do something unusual

That is good RNG

A card that has a random target instead is a pain, either you get screwed up badly or your opponent get screwed up badly, MC Tech is not a fun random card

Basically random is good when it's unpredictable and/or fair (like say drafting in MTG)

Random is bad when is predictable and/or unfair (my fire emblem unit got hit by a 5% critical and now I have to repeat a 30 minute mission)

The reason why monopoly is a shit game is because the intrinsic objective of monopoly is to sloooowly make your opponent random result more and more unfair as the game progress, don't be like monopoly

>mfw
TELL ME, it's not elin you're talking about is it? I thought that shit was dead for awhile now.

Attached: conspiracy.png (670x580, 65K)

it is

Attached: 1533112051407.jpg (323x400, 21K)

It's just one aspect of life that everyone should learn to prepare in advance and compensate for. I legitimately can't comprehend people whining about rng in games when literally every other aspect of existence depends on rng.