Grim Dawn

How does it compare to Diablo 3 and Path of Exile?

Pros?
Cons?

Attached: GD.jpg (616x353, 40K)

>Pros
Interesting build variety
>Cons
Until you realize every build is just holding M1 to proc on-hit abilities

>never having played the game
>giving opinions
kekorama

Sure buddy

So are you saying the combat is kind of shallow?
I was hoping with how many different builds it seemed like you could make, the game would have a lot of replayability.

its basically titan quest but with worse boss fights. build variety and viability is excellent, its a slower paced game compared to PoE so you don’t completely burn out your brain farming maps.

It's BOOOOOOOOORING.

boring

>diablo 3 pros
skills have runes that alter them so you don't die of boredom because that's the only good thing
>cons
casualized as fuck, item system and stats are fucking dull, story is awful, seasons are a pathetic joke, crafting is super stupid, and the list goes on

>PoE pros
looks nice at first, better graphics, lots of skills, plenty of places and builds
>cons
trade is fucking retarded, every build changes every season so you must make the flavour of the month build. The game becomes extremely repetitive after a few acts, not even having completed the game

>GD pros
several classes to mix up builds, no seasons so you can actually put effort into a character and keep it
>cons
history is also awful, colour palette is atrocious, a lot of builds consist on procs, skill leveling system is the one from TQ which I personally despise

conclusion:
D3 is the one who looks the best but then you play it and realize how retarded it is
PoE is the one who also looks good and feels better at the start but then realize it's a fucking chore to build a character every few weeks,complete again the ugly world and abuse the market
GD is the one who looks worse at first but ends being the more tolerable one and fun if you actually stick to a character, unlock reputations and care about making other characters

I love arpgs and I'm sad that there is not a really good one nowadays
fight me

Attached: 1553888094227.gif (192x192, 1.3M)

How's the coop? TQ sometimes was lagging like shit

It has a slower pace, but drop rate is higher. It has some replayability, but after some time you will get bored playing through the same areas. The latest expansion added random maps, but I haven't played it yet.

>drop rate is higher

Good look trying to get the set you want from the campaign only

Awesome, thanks for the insight mate.

np
anyways that post is just my opinion

It does have tons of replayability, every mastery combination has some synergy you can play with (there are 9 masteries and you can select 2).
Some build may require less effort to play but yeah it's a diablo clone game made with a 12 years old engine, it's hard to have flashy combat like Diablo 3 and it doesn't have 5 pots to chug like PoE so don't expect anything innovative.

I literally can't remember a single boss from TQ except for the last one.

>I'm sad that there is not a really good one nowadays
What's the last "good" arpg you've played? Torchlight?

>inb4 diablo2

I only recently bought and played the base game to completion because of the new expansion sale.

pros
Its what I wanted diablo to be, fight monsters, find loot and competent story. fun to make new characters and try many builds
its not poe

cons
its not poe

>pros: its not poe
>con: its not poe
I like this guy.

It's a better polished Titan Quest.
I'd say the gameplay loop is worse than in Diablo 3. The story is alright, but nothing spectacular.
Variety of content seems to be better, but not as good as in PoE.

Still, a fairly good game.

Diablo 2.

>trade is fucking retarded, every build changes every season so you must make the flavour of the month build. The game becomes extremely repetitive after a few acts, not even having completed the game
How is this a con?
If you only want to play one build, no one is forcing you on gunpoint to follow whatever FOTM build.
If you don't like remaking new characters for new expansion/seasons just play on the legacy servers.
If you don't like trading for whatever reason, you can always play solo self found/no trading mode.
Every diablo-like ARPG is repetitive (start in a new town/hub, go outside and kill enemies, until you end up in the final area and fight the boss and repeat again once you reach a new area) so it's not really a specific con.

>every end-of-act boss is the same
nice bosses you have there, tq

pros:
lots of story and quest moments if that's what you like

cons:
i don't like it

Trade being a fucking chore is a con
FOTM coming in waves and being extremely fucking overpowered in relation to everything else is a con

you dont need any full set for campaign only and if you want to do anything more than campaign only you dont need to rely on the campaign giving you loot.

Stopped playing when i realized there was no character creation, there's no excuse for a game like this to not have character creation in our current year.

Never played PoE but Grim Dawn is great if you like trying builds, which it has in spades. D3 gave you no reason to make another of the same class since you had access to all skills at all times, which was a fucking retarded decision.

yes, diablo2, but only because I replay it sometimes after some years
I enjoyed torchlight 2 but disliked the skill system too, but still a game I could replay it again with friends
I tried looking for other arpgs out there and found shadowflare, but never played it for too long