True crime new York city

This Game might have been shit in a love of ways but the hand to hand combat/martial arts aspect was absolutely amazing.

>Karate
>Wushu
>Taekwondo
>Muay Thai
>Brawling
>Buy extra moves like kick ups,spinning kicks,counters
>All styles have their own stance's and special block animations
>Dojo's
>Can learn 3 Weapon styles-Dual wielding-Katana and Staff techniques
>Martial arts weapons
>Still include grappling moves,takedowns and ground and pound
>Every style has 2 main combos that you can combine any way you want,punches,kicks, knee in all directions and still give you extra moves when you lock on

Attached: 51Y2BP6WKCL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/F-oH7gyxCoI
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

meh
its no ninja gaiden

I vaguely remember being frustrated by the original True Crime game.

Loved this as a kid

It's one of the most fun and funniest mid-budget games of all time. Combat had more depth than a lot of beat em ups. I can't think of a single current gen game where you can use multiple hand-to-hand techniques on groups of people. Don't say Yakuza. TC: NYC combat shits on that.

Great fucking post.

The gun play was also satisfying as fuck

the first true crime was kino

Bump

Yo remember the weird dragon shit at the end of the first one?

Yeah,that shit came out of nowhere.

I miss mid budget titles

>that weird mission where you climb a tower and witness samurai duel between japanese lady and black weaboo

For some reason, I do not remember anywhere near as many details about this game as Streets of L.A.
Nick's antics were just more memorable I guess

NEW YORK FUCKING POLICE

>mid-budget
The licensing cost for the soundtrack alone could eclipse a small devs entire operating budget not even including the NYC likeness rights and celebrity voice actors.
I like the game but Activision dumped alot into this to try and make it a competitor to GTA.

This and Path Of Neo were my shit

>you interrupt the fight and distract asian crime lady by accident
>black weeaboo guy just stabs her in the back while shes turned around
>"survival of the fittest. BITCH!"

Attached: 1553784939053m.jpg (1024x724, 80K)

I got streets of LA from gamestop but it was this instead, I spent most of the time planting drugs on people and arresting them

>got to crime scene
>Grab katana from trunk of car
>Enter bar
>Cut of suspects arm
>Pick up severed arm
>Beat other suspect to death with it

JUST BLAZE MANE
YOU OWE ME NIGGA

Imagine true crime releasing today , and having the level where you beat up strippers

glitchiest game ever

I loved how high caliber guns could tear appart arms and legs. Then, you could pick them up and use them to hit people in the dick.

I never really got a chance to play True Crime New York, but I played the shit out of LA on GameCube.
>branching paths for the story based on your karma
>pretty good combat, pretty good gunplay, pretty good driving
>decent humor
>entertaining random encounters
>unlockable Snoop Dogg
>fucking HILARIOUS random NPC dialogue that probably wouldn't fly in today's oversensitive SJW world
>pretty good soundtrack

Years later, I bought an OG Xbox, hacked it, and proceeded to put a bigger hard drive in it, and put pretty much every worthwhile exclusive and 6th gen multiplat on it, including both True Crime games. I started up NY, and the fucking title screen loaded with that Cam'ron/Jay-Z joint "Welcome to New York City", the one where Jay-Z goes fucking nuts on the first verse. "I'mma BK brawler. Marcy Projects hallway loiterer. Pure coke copper, get your order up. I bring 'em to Baltimore in the Ford Explorer, but it's gonna gonna cost you more if I gotta get 'em to Florida." Didn't actually play much, cause I got nostalgic for LA, and started playing that again instead. I think the iso I downloaded may have been corrupted, because it kept on freezing during gameplay, unless I hit my Xbox to get it working again, or just reboot the Xbox. Eventually the hard drive failed (kept making a clicking noise and wouldn't boot to the dashboard, just to an error screen). I still haven't bought a replacement hard drive yet.

I heard NY had unlockable Method Man and/or Redman. Was he as fun as unlockable Snoop Dogg?

>get alerted that a group of eco-terrorists are stealing a truck filled with nuclear material
>as soon as I get to the seen I'm hit with a hail of gunfire
>shoot back and kill a guy with an rpg
>as I reload his buddy runs, picks it up and fires but ends up hitting his own vehicle
>explosion kills me, the terrorists and a few bystanders
>CRIME RESOLVED: 0 arrested 6 killed 0 escaped

NOTHINS' EQUIVALENT TO THE NY STARE OF MIND

Attached: 1554698338114.jpg (500x498, 43K)

Sleeping Dogs?

>may Thai
bro wtf I just googled this

Oh yeah, when you played as Snoop, instead of having the cop car, he had his own exclusive pimped-out lowrider, and the button to play the siren would instead adjust the hydraulics.

Last gen. Wasn't Sleeping Dogs originally supposed to be True Crime: Hong Kong?

>go to a random crime scene inside a grocery store
>its a gang of vegan protesters smashing up the place
>want to maintain good cop rating so go non-lethal
>spend the better part of 15 mins kung fu fighting a gang of vegans in a destroyed grocery store where EVERYTHING is a melee weapon like I'm in a Jackie Chan film
Game was too much fun

Attached: 1533738800929.jpg (807x802, 74K)

Great now I want to go play the first game again.

Same. Legitimately one of the worst games I have ever played. It was pretty much an advertisement for Snoop Dogg anyways (was literally shown in-game throughout the entire commercial when it came out)

>can't emulate ps2 version
>pc version is fucked
>can't emulate gamecube version
>xbox version is broken
dead game

>can't emulate PS2/Gamecube versions
Why not? Do you have a potato PC, or is the emulation actually broken for this game?

I remember in LA you had to fight this old Chinese dude at the end of the game and he whooped my ass constantly.

broken emulation

i really want to play streets of LA again

i liked it back then because i can frisk people, arrest, and even plant evidence

not even sleeping dogs did that

Attached: 1548919612124.jpg (901x1200, 121K)

True Crime was amazing, you fail one mission and suddenly you're in an entirely different storyline

That and the first smackdown vs raw are the only games I can think of that branched their storylines like that

The fuck are you on about?

Attached: wut.png (1052x368, 17K)

is that PS2 or GC?

what that little table doesn't mention is severe graphical issues and crashes

what is wrong with the PC version?

controller support is fucked
mouse controls are fucked
inputs constantly lock-up or get ignored

hate to hear that. was excited to try it out

PS2
The wiki doesn't either. Get a better PC.

can I run it with these specs? I've never emulated before.

>he thinks an emulators graphical bugs are tied to cpu speed
based retard

>forgot pic
Can I run it with these specs? Never emulated before.

Attached: speccy.png (800x600, 214K)

I said better, not just faster.

>get called to a domestic violence report at a restaurant
>some guy is hitting his wife with a sledgehammer while she guards with a park bench

You need to set the emulator and give it a try.

LA was better.

OH SHIT

ignore the other retard. the game doesn't work on dolphin and your gpu doesn't mean anything when you're emulating. it's your cpu that matters

meant to quote

>Need some cash/unlock upgrades
>Just stop and frisk a whole city block
>"This is taking too much time"
>Start profiling npcs I felt tested for contraband more often
>Get frustrated and beat the shit out of a guy for NOT being a criminal
>Demoted to plain clothes before getting back all my privileges
Is there a better cop simulator out there?

We're talking about pcsx2

Sup, bro.

Attached: True_Crime_-_Streets_of_LA_coverart.jpg (256x328, 22K)

AHHHH HORSESHIT

I liked LA, and even how it kinda went Big Trouble in Little China with the super natural stuff that happened.

Never played the second one because I dont care for the cornrowed nigger look of the MC

it doesn't work on pcsx2 either as was mentioned here

Attached: Screenshot_20190419-140718_YouTube.jpg (1003x721, 142K)

Tippity Toe, let's take things slow

see? WHOOP-ASS ain't just my license plate

Yes

You gotta learn all the moves on the dojo,also learn the special techniques after finishing a chapter. He's Nearly impossible to finish with just the basic Meele you start with

I never got past an infamous invisible road glitch. I tried it on a few different PCs even but it was always there. I did play it on PS2 and liked it despite the glitches and jank. It had the potential to be one of the best PS2 games if only they had put some more time into it. It needed an extra 6 months of development.

youtu.be/F-oH7gyxCoI

budget gta.

also is that supposed to be snoop dogg? i always thought it was as a kid

Attached: 1555458603928.jpg (613x640, 109K)

Din do nuffin ossifer

I've heard the road glitch is caused by amd cards. I agree about it's potential if it wasn't rushed for Christmas.

You missed out mate the 2nd one shit all over the 1st

i remember this one scene in LA, in some bath house? some shoot out with an AK
and a basketball court where you get beat up or something

The LA one had Snoop Dogg as an unlockable character, and the NY one had Redman as an unlockable character

Attached: snoopmethodmanredman-480x279.jpg (480x279, 26K)