UNIST Thread

Slowin down

Attached: C_FAoUnVYAA6Z0v.jpg orig.jpg (2122x1097, 155K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCvu3LDvy0Pmvyi4GoBErb-g
youtu.be/inXhXPyigiw?t=35
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pass is vee
After 10 thousand years, I finally got this goddamn win line.

Attached: THIS FUCKING WIN LINE.png (1920x1080, 2.05M)

PC lobby is up, usual pass

Attached: 1544332540815.jpg (499x665, 64K)

pclobby?

ive been playing like shit today after missing last night so this'll be interesting

Attached: 1555250860289.gif (241x328, 3.85M)

Think I'll start on PC lobby tonight for abit and move to PS4

>this lobby
Looks like I'm gonna be taking many L's for the next 30 minutes or so.

Attached: 1494860124551.png (810x810, 514K)

Is this place less of a cesspool than /afgg/?

yes

It's more games focused on discussion if that's what you're asking.

If you're interested in playing, feel free to join either lobby.

Yeah.

not playing right now just labbing, but I wish Yuzu didn't require advanced trigonometry to play her like I wish I could or like I know how to in crosstag. I'm out here in that Nanase life right now though. Loving this game, might feel more confident in my abilities to not be a completely free match eventually online.

> seth and waldstein in pc lobby
well, i guess im gonna learn on my feet here how to handle this

I might join a game or two in a little bit but don't expect me to be any good

We all started somewhere is what I have to say to that. Don't beat yourself up too much if you take perfect losses. Embrace them and learn where you messed up.

The only complex part is holds. Put in the time and effort in getting used to it, and you'll be rewarded

>but I wish Yuzu didn't require advanced trigonometry to play her like I wish I could or like I know how to in crosstag
You pay to be one of the strongest characters in the game. Plus she does a fantastic job gatekeeping so I love it.

Attached: 50566466_p6.jpg (1120x877, 297K)

is pc full?

I'm slowly learning her, I love her to death. I'm just used to being ezmodo on BBTAG with her. I'll get there one day, but till then I'll use my Magical Gal.

Yep. Oddly enough it's set to a limit of 6 players, should be 8 right?

there were only 6 slots this time,

What's with the programming on some of these victory lines, it's like they have 0.0001% chance of coming out.

Though if you sit tight, I'll open up my slot in abit (15 minutes or so).

Props to anyone who tries, I just get dismissive because I've seen one too many fighting games devolve into just fake waifufaggotry.

Attached: Cc25NNAUEAAffNT.jpg orig.jpg (1138x987, 90K)

Yuzu is easy though.

I have no clue but this one was the fucking one that took me 40+ tries once back in JP release.
Now that I have it I might be able to finally work on this victory line compilation. I don't think too many else are like this.
It's sure as hell the first time I've seen it after nearly 2 years on the english release. Strangely they translated this one right while the Yuzu win vs. Hyde is completely botched.

Nanase life is best life.
Fuck full-screen pokes, fuck Kido Hyde, and FUCK the jannies.

Attached: nanase.png (1920x1080, 1.59M)

Maybe she should wear some real clothing and she wouldn't catch a cold

As tired as I am with this joke, jannies have nothing to do with these threads anyway

nanase romance route when? I want the doujin

Hopefully never.
Nanase a shit

Nanase is a gentle soul that is too pure for this world. She should be the third MC of UNI.

them be fighting words

Is the new nana-friend in the lobby?

Attached: DjcPQinUwAIdqPy.jpg (728x455, 68K)

Alright, I refreshed myself on my Seth answers.
I got this next go around.

Nope.

I can't decide between yuzu and nanase. yuzu fulfills the need for onee-chans, but the nanase tsun tsun is cute in a way

Attached: 1553582507920.gif (249x250, 1.08M)

Not like being the MC actually means anything.

Nanase's the obnoxious tsun I dislike but at least Hyde doesn't reciprocate by acknowledging her existence.

Welp, I did what I could to get at least 1W so I'm happy with that (though I would've liked to get 1 with Enkidu). GGs PC lobby!

Time to head onto PS4 (if there's space).

Attached: 1553494342329.jpg (1451x2048, 270K)

Holler is they show up.

Delete yuzu parry

Also, if that other guy is still around that wants in on PC, a slot just opened up!

I'll be sure to

Good

What's the name of the lobby

I'm amazed you get a steady connection with the other west coast players Hippie

It's not posted, but it's "pclobby".

>Steady
I mean, the most I can describe it is "functional"

A Wald, a Chaos, a Seth, and a Vatista all in one lobby. What are the chances?

now this is a matchup you don't see everyday

Mr. Momentum, come back! Haha.

Sounds crazy. Now all you guys need is a Carmine to have the whole ensemble.

tell me when pclobby isn't packed full

I had a mini heart attack, Jesus. I wasn't sure if my guardpoints would beat out Linne's counter

>double vatista super

Attached: 1554069968441.jpg (960x582, 36K)

That was definitely a nailbiting moment.

Also, those lag jerks were abit wonky eh hippie? Hope it's not a consistent thing tonight.

Sounds like fun times over there.

GGs PC dudes. Gonna have to step out a little earlier since I have a busy weekend and a busy week following that.
Fun times and thanks for the uncommon matchup experience.

Should be a slot open now

Attached: 1532734082761.jpg (2560x1440, 749K)

Since we seem to have a varied lobby over on at PC, might as well be a good time to post this. If you're not some weirdo like me who watches hour long arcade matches, here's a guy who compiles stuff by character
youtube.com/channel/UCvu3LDvy0Pmvyi4GoBErb-g

Attached: Lex.png (239x404, 133K)

Cool, thanks for the link. Time to do some research.

i kinda enjoyed playing as gordeau there. for the 30 seconds that i actually was able to play

It does. I can actually dodge it if I wait a little, but I tend to mash out followup hit when I shouldn't.

That's kinda what Wald has to do
If he let's Gord play then he gets zoned to death by mortal slide and rusty nail

Twice getting caught in that, hnngg!! Guess the fire I had yesterday has left the building. Oh well.

rip pclobby?

i feel bad for spoon

ggs pc friends

just popping in to let you know I exclusively do training mode against Wagner so I can hear her suffer

Those screams of suffering are only real if it's a real player behind them :)

I skipped for him but he didn't come back in time...

ah shit sorry i got messaged by someone

ggs everyone. Catch all of you later.

Guess I'll try to get more online experience before coming back.
ggs anyway

I don't just want the players to suffer, I want HER to suffer. Every time she screams an angel gains its wings

GGs

GGs!

Also, I was just inches away from that round 1 win! These have been some fun matches despite the losses.

Huh, apparently TK kuuga is a good tool to use on a knocked down opponent.

youtu.be/inXhXPyigiw?t=35

It looked like it had already gone through the Orie player but it still connected on wakeup. Strange indeed. I'm guessing you have to time it just right.

Hope it's timestampped, if not, it starts at around 35 seconds.

That's the concept of meaty

Ah, sounds like I've been missing out on another good corner pressure tool.

Also, those knives can do a heck of alot of damage Sei.

TK Kuuga has a huge amount of active frames, it's not surprising that it still hit Orie

>phonons keep getting bodied
this is pleasing to watch

Attached: 1549343004479.gif (550x550, 152K)

20 minutes in paint.
Formatting this properly is going to be a bitch

Attached: It's offcenter.jpg (1725x2255, 1.61M)

Whew lad. I was on the edge of my seat for how to approach there.

Also thanks again to whoever linked that channel. Definitely think I'll get mileage on mixing up my combos.

>not sure what you're doing here, Harada
surely she would've said she was a member of the Licht Kries like she does in their arcades

DELETE YUZU PARRY

trying to react to godpress with 3c is a mistake I will not be making again soon

wew that wald random must have been hard to watch

As if he has any idea what the hell that means.
2A
5A somehow works too

That collection of character primers for UNIST is weird. Some are really long and some are super short.

Remove eltnum from the game

I ended up missing one anyway, oh well.

I didn't realize Hyde was such an edgelord

Anything that hits low towards the ground won't trigger the parry activation, even if said move isn't actually a low

Remove Merkava children! Hahaha.

He's the second most chuuni character bar Phonon. Eltnum is not eligible.

Phonon's on a power trip while Hyde's just putting up a front.

GGs all, see you next week

Attached: __hyde_linne_and_seth_under_night_in_birth_drawn_by_qitoli__6840114845218ae59fc0147c9dc976dc.jpg (1118x1633, 281K)

at least Phonon's overwhelming dorkiness can be endearing, Hyde is just on some coldsteel shit

GGs! Til next time!

Which one is the mirror match quote. The top one?

man i felt that missed grab
that sucks

>getting punished for thinking you're in range to grab Wald because of his massive sprite
I felt that one deep down

Attached: 1542083620376.png (299x274, 170K)

Mirror match quotes don't even exist. Everything above the last 5 are generic win lines.
He hardly acts like this in chronicle too.

Well that's boring, but expected. Also, I can't help but think they just made up lines on the spot if their personalities aren't reflected in their win quotes.

Grab his torso, not his arms

Ggs lads I really should look into learning to OS properly.

Attached: merkava_vatista.jpg (1233x1152, 305K)

Well he hasn't really fought anyone at that point.

GGs! See ya next time!

GG's earlier in ranked as well

ggs man

I suppose the writers intend for him to develop that personality for the next game then if they push the story forward in the next edition.

ggs PC lobby, hope you enjoyed the rare Wald appearance

Attached: Uniel-waldstein-3c.png (815x623, 343K)

Character's personalities in Arcade are completely divorced from their Chronicle stuff, it's almost definitely a different writer they brought in and I wouldn't be surprised if a decent amount of plot points in Arcade were completely ignored for whatever comes next.

it made me hate command grabs more

ggs man shits hard to fight

ggs though

I seriously doubt such a division in writing staff members since they've penned the plot since the game's inception. The only people they've gone on record hiring have strictly been programmers and sprite artists.
One things for sure is that not all of arcade mode is canon aside from a few certain encounters. If nothing else, nobody is going to end up dead, especially Hilda.

thanks for stopping by, melk mentioned you and I think I've seen you in ranked at least once
need to watch those replays and get better at guessing, ggs!

GG's, was fun

The writing quality is just so much higher in Chronicle compared to Arcade, it's surreal. There must have been something behind the scenes. Or they just got better.

Not too many of his lines are all too divisive to his character. He really doesn't want to be part of this and wants it to end fast.

>There must have been something behind the scenes.
In what way? They were sharing character trivia and the likes for years before [st] released on consoles with chronicle mode. They waited years to write it out

No Melty thread?

I don't think they really had the story well planned out when they did the first few arcade routes. It's only natural for it to change as they figure out what they want to do

I have no idea, it just feels like they were written by two different people.

I was asking for that one by jumping straight into danger.

Be the change you want to see user

gonna close the lobby after this

Attached: 1551978298583.jpg (512x1106, 52K)

i can do everyone's veteran combos and yet i can't remember a single one that isn't hyde
bad feel

Having 5 years to refine what they wrote probably has something to do with it.

ggs

GGs everyone.
Probably won't end up doing everyone's win lines because Aksys can't localize for dick
I know for a fact Wagner's lines are all fucked up

Attached: Dn2mqi9VsAEA45f.jpg orig.jpg (1237x1743, 398K)

GGs PC bros

Attached: 1554442162551.jpg (2592x1455, 1.63M)

GGs all. Definitely gonna steal some techniques from those videos if I get a chance. See ya next week!

Attached: 1553052096868.jpg (1080x2076, 236K)

GG's pc lobby

I'm not exactly sure where that 22a went, I kinda just wanted to burn all my meter and run the timer out on you instead of just standing there rusty

Attached: 1363886378861.jpg (582x329, 20K)

GG's PS4 lobby

Ggs