Be honest, did you buy a Wii U?

Be honest, did you buy a Wii U?

Attached: 1548733929307.png (342x304, 169K)

Yes, i have literally every decent game that isn't zero or aces

Yes.

I did. Instantly shelved in for a couple years until I had a few months off from work so I binged out and bought about 6 or so games and plowed through them. Anyone that bought this basically paid to beta test the alpha version of the switch. We got stiffed, hard. The switch looks fuckin awesome, too, but I cant invest in a console and get burned like that again. Been sticking with retro shit ever since.

Aces?

Yeah

drhf

Fuck no

Yes, and I don't regret it. It had a great library.

fuck, i meat Ultra. Aces is the new mario tennis

Bought it, hacked it, played some games, got bored, played Taiko, then shelved it.

I did and I honestly don’t regret it. As a mainline console? Yeah it’s shit. Had no chance against the PS4/Xbone and arguably the 360/ps3. No one knew what the hell to do with it, even Nintendo themselves.

Then homebrew happened. The hacking scene for the Wii U wasn’t too big because yeah no one gave a shit about it. However what did come out of it was nice. The Wii U is essentially a better Wii when it comes to hacking. Meaning that I can play GameCube games via Nintendont in HDMI out. Really it’s worth it for that alone, at least for me. But it also has great access to very nice emulators and Wii/Wii u games. Again, I can play Wii games in Hdmi out without having to pay a fortune for a modded Wii/Wii dual.

Not a very good console, but a pretty good hacking machine.

I considered it but got really put off because I couldn't find the console being sold new and standalone after the first year or so. All I could find was bundles, mainly the Mario kart 8 version. I have no problem with the game itself but unless I remember wrong it was a digital copy that was pre installed. Internal storage was shit for the Wii U so that was sorta a deal breaker for me.

Attached: 1555478106743.png (700x451, 182K)

yes, and it was better than the switch.

I did. I liked Tokyo Mirage Sessions, Xenoblade X, Smash, Bayo2, Hyrule Warriors, W101, and Mario Kart 8. It's a terribly small line up of games make no mistake. But I got so many hours out of them and really liked them. Yeah some of them are on Switch now but that doesn't really take away from the fun I had with them then.

I literally bought mine for BotW. I wasn't able to find a Switch locally and just decided to save a few bucks getting a used system.

I don't regret it, but I'm glad I put it off until the last second. As a long Zelda fan it was really smart. The ports of TP and TWW are great and there's a lot of other great games I've gotten to experience for cheap because of it.

Fuck no

Yep. I really liked it to. I kind of wish that Nintendo kept the dual screen setup for the Switch, even if one screen could only be for UI stuff with the Switch being a tablet and all.

Shut the fuck up, Sonic.

Second hand, sadly.
I would've preferred it new, but they were long gone.

Yeah fuck off bitch sonic

Yep, got it one Black Friday sale at Target and prayed for Fatal Frame 5, which the monkey paw so graciously offered me.

Yeah. Part of me wish I didn't. I had a fuck ton of fun with Smash 4 with friends
>B-but Tr4sh
Casuals don't care. But the other options were a bit lack luster, and Switch is pretty much just a better and more convenient U at this point with all the ports and the tablet being ACTUALLY FUCKING PORTABLE. The worse offense is Nintendo expecting me to buy the games again. I WANT to play Bayo, DKC, Captain Toad and stuff on the Switch, but like fuck am I actually buying those games twice.

Attached: Angry face.png (230x160, 2K)

Nope, even though I usually buy the Nintendo consoles. There just was no point when Smash was on 3DS, and there was no Zelda until it was already dead.

Bought one for $150 of graigslist with two pro controllers and a copy of dong freeze. Hacked it and bought two more controllers for MK and Smash

The console is shit don't buy it.

I bought 2.

Yes, it was worth it for this.

Attached: 3K1a2KM.png (1920x1080, 1.85M)

my parents bought it for me for christmas the year it came out when i was 13

Yes, 400 Canadian, I was cucked as a kid and had to buy a ps3 to remedy the lack of games

The browser was the best feature thing about it desu

Yeah just last year and only because it was hackable. Then I remembered my PC was good enough for Dolphin but whatever, still need a way to play WiiU games.

Heh, Mario Kart is TOO SLOW. You plebs need ta get Sonic Racer on the Dream Cast X!

No. Thank god their porting everything from wii u to switch.

you contradict yourself

No. Wish I could buy one though for the games that won't get ported to Switch.

And buy a couple of VC games too.

I bought one a few years after release for cheap and I still have it hooked up. Sure games like Mario Kart 8, Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Maker and Smash 4 make me regret buying them now, but I still enjoyed them when they came out. Also Mario 3D world, Xenoblade X, Wonderful 101, Tokyo mirage sessions and Yoshi Wooly World are all still exclusives and are fantastic.

nope

Attached: 1548011045892.jpg (640x478, 208K)

Yeah

fuck no. and i've never been happier because almost everything worth a shit from this console has been ported to the switch. all that's left is XCX (which they've tried working with but apparently the game's size on a cart is an issue) and w101 (never ever though) and it'll be totally obsolete.

Yeah and i dont really regret it because of XCX, splatoon, HW, MK and smash. + WW HD was a nice replay

Yep, got one during Black Friday bundled with Smash 4 and Splatoon (also bought MK8).
It's honestly a pretty fun system and I wish Nintendo utilized the gamepad more, been kind of tempted to hack it lately but I'm not really sure what I need to do it.

It's nice not having to pay to play Mario Kart 8 on mediocre servers

Yes. It still the best console of this generation.

isn't the port of TP on Wii U mirrored? or was that the Wii port? or both?

Yea.

I never really regretted my purchase either.

I bought a Nintendo console for exclusives and got exclusives.

And I dunno,I sorta feel being able to say I owned a console that flopped hard will be like some silly badge of honor 20 years down the road. Like owning a virtual boy or Jaguar.

Attached: 1519432520_tumblr_nzf821djzS1v1bvfro1_r1_540.gif (540x432, 719K)

Original gamecube layout.

I did it,I enjoyed all the exclusives and now I'm still enjoying the console thanks to the Homebrew, it's comfy playing GC games with the gamepad

I bought two.

Reminder people unironically shilled the Pii U here