the majority of people have shit taste
not a big deal, it is what it is.

Nice Cope answer

seamless lore between all links that makes possibilities for new links

>What makes Link so popular?
His game

exhibit A

can someone dump their links in here pls

This, same reason why Samus is so popular despite having even less personality than Link

>it's not me it's everybody else
literally coping user

Based

I said it's fine, it is what it is. keep on liking Link buddy.
There's nothing special about him but a shit ton of people like him, just like a lot of things that are really popular but don't really do anything spectacular to merit such popularity.

Attached: 1535946249584.gif (176x176, 214K)

All iterations of Link are pretty much so safe that being too safe is their only flaw. As far as visual design goes he's always good. Good games, good character, near impossible to fault.

Attached: KeZduG6.jpg (1480x1682, 720K)

He's a self insert but expressive & has enough personality to also be a defined character

Ubermesnch

People still wish the SS waffen troopen were dominating the world

Self insert for people with bad taste that play Nintendo games

Only Link I got is this

Attached: 23052905253.png (3840x2160, 820K)

Nintenbros don't know any better and always vote for him.

Attached: 2362.png (460x264, 39K)

OoT Link is peak Link design

>peak Link design

Attached: 1554675350255.jpg (712x1200, 132K)

His game series is popular. He's basically a non-character

pretty much this

> Literally Cries on Screen
> No Personality

Aryan ideal

Attached: 1524854545350.png (488x463, 28K)

>What makes Link so popular
>OoT Link
no idea, BOTW Link tho... hnnng, she only needs some girl hormones

Attached: 1554887388609.jpg (513x598, 47K)

He's blonde and good looking.

>The actually fun and likable Link is the least popular

Attached: 228px-Outset_Toon_Link.png (228x351, 99K)

He has a good design I guess
And games I suppose

He has a cool sword and fights evil and stuff. He's also often considered a gay icon even though there's never anything really gay about him unless you count the constant crossdressing and pink transformations or the tights or the long hair and feminine features.

>actually fun and likeable
>lazy
>cranky
>grandma's boy
>rarely seen smiling
>least heroic
>weakest Link

No.

What are you talking about? Toon Link is by far the most popular design he's had. There aren't any other Link designs that have been featured unchanged in so many different games.

>Literally Cries on Screen

damn, he's slightly better than Steven Seagal

Attached: steven-seagal-emotion-chart.jpg (459x636, 81K)

>>least heroic
>>weakest Link

The later makes the former untrue.

And they sell like shit because of homos and normie

He's left handed. LEFTY MASTER RACE WHERE MY BOYS AT?

That's because it's Aonuma's baby and nobody else gives a fuck

>she only needs some girl hormones
kys tranny

>He's left handed
Ahem. Probably going to be right handed from now on considering their reasoning for making him a righty in botw.

Attached: y833dmx9g3411.png (250x271, 81K)

disgusting tranny kys

I like BotW but that annoyed me irrationally.

All you have to do to be popular as vidya character is kick ass and do cool stuff, I.E. doomguy, master chief, Samus
Everything else is just fluff

whats the appeal of link?
he has no personality

OoT Link is peak Link
fuck disgusting trannies, fuck faglords and fuck their shitty fanarts

Attached: SC2_Link.png (512x816, 345K)

and MM

Attached: mm3d_link.jpg (840x1070, 450K)

This pretty much explains Link's popularity. Nasty faggot pedos that want to lick his boyish asshole

> Implying Doomguy is popular
Jesus christ Boomers are delusional as fuck

MM Link and OoT Link are the same user that should go without saying

Attached: 1554859324996.jpg (306x273, 29K)

Strong character, iconic design, handsome. Those are a few.

his (older) games are good and people enjoy playing as him despite having the bare minimum of a personality

based

Attached: Oot_Young_and_Adult_Link_Concept.jpg (640x457, 176K)

Attached: 1497665396675.jpg (1166x3272, 1.5M)

I’m 21 and he had a pretty successful reboot, I’d say he’s fairly popular

Well the artstyles are different but both are great

As an individual character he has always been a Irrelevant literal who, nobody cares about Doomguy

Attached: c55189e1-87b2-4ac3-ae5b-fb5585461821.png (1158x611, 41K)

Anglo Saxon avatar that's more or less a blank slate and still male and hetero which to Yea Forums today is the antithesis of the SJW's, ignoring that the games are still good. Even if they were buggy and broken, they'd still support the series on the grounds of what I stated.

Attached: Chad_Link.jpg (480x360, 37K)

based

>a fool is a hero

A fool is just brave.

>fuck disgusting trannies, fuck faglords and fuck their shitty fanarts

blame Nintendo instead, they sowed the seeds

Attached: screen-shot-2017-03-02-at-94451-am-1488476707246.png (605x335, 152K)

He was popular 20 years ago. Not so much now, even if the reboot is good.

As an individual character maybe he is irrelevant, but as a vehicle for power fantasy he is pretty popular, I mean who wouldn’t love to mow down legions of demons and cut them up with a chainsaw. My point is you don’t need to have a really complex character to enjoy their story/game

Why is Snake listed as a Film Character?

because MGS4 is a movie

He's popular with guy and girls.
Most characters only appeal to one or the other.

It's all a joke and mockery for the japanese. And maybe a bit of innocent appeal to the fujoshi market

Came at the right time because of his game series. He would be shat on or forgotten had he seen the light of day today

Actually you should blame fujos and faggots, I’m pretty sure they’ve been here way longer than the release of BotW

If OoT released today as a major new AAA title, it would be seen as a racist white male power fantasy and would instantly rise to massive popularity

NOOO! MOVIE GAMES ARE OK WHEN JAPAN DOES IT!

OOT in 2018 would literally just be BOTW with Actual Dungeons, Bosses, Music & Items

People would probably call it a more light hearted dark souls game

wrong. His design just encapsulates "adventure" really well. Who doesn't like adventure

Bravery is what makes a hero.

So good even becoming a furry wasn't a negative

Attached: 1533844860958.jpg (2791x3735, 949K)

Dude look at his face, he's literally an aryan ubermensch.

Link could and would bend you over a table and gape your bung hole.

He's just a slightly more rugged Peter Pan what's the big deal?

damn
more?

Doomguy was never popular, though. Doom itself and the games like it including quake and duke nukem were very popular but no one ever talked about the characters themselves. The was true for most video games in general, though, because there weren't any stories in video games deep enough for people to feel connected to the characters.

I wouldn't exactly call Midna a furry. Her "fur" is actually just shadow. She's just a shortstack imp.

Attached: __gerudo_link_and_link_the_legend_of_zelda_breath_of_the_wild_and_etc_drawn_by_toxxy__sample-eb320f5 (850x860, 118K)

>Fucking Duck Hunt is featured in Smash
>Thinking Doomguy won't make it because of lack of popularity

OoT Link is one of the the chaddest Links by far.
>is one of the strongest Links there are. He defeated both Ganondorf and Majora
>has the most diverse arsenal in the series, besides LttP Link
>saved two entire worlds
>killed many eldritch horrors, casually
>entered in the Gerudo Hideout without the need of dressing as a woman like Twink Link from Botw. He entered there by himself and started to beat the everlasting shit out of them. Managed to the best multiple experienced Gerudo swordsmen there.
>knocked Nabooru back to her senses by beating the shit out of her
>has the powers of a Dark God with the Fierce Deity Mask
>Saria, Malon, Zelda, Ruto and Nabooru. Almost every single women in the game wants to fuck him. Even fucking kokiris.
>probably got to bang Malon, a red-haired farmgirl, every single night
>canonically has descendents. TP Link is confirmed to be one of them
>became a fucking skeleton after dying. He is capable of transforming into a wolf, teleporting, of dividing himself into four (without needing the Four Sword) and even has his own dimension

Attached: Link_(SCII).png (1364x2000, 1.74M)

Why are you ignoring the fact that he split Hyrule into three timelines and failed to save it in any single one of them?

Oot link might actually be the single worst Link. Good game though

That's more of Zelda's doing than Link's if you're able to compliment OoT at least play it

Because Zelda is one of the oldest active gaming franchises & people of all ages have nostalgic memories for Link & Princess Zelda
> 1. Mario (37 Years) (Nintendo)
> 2. Wolfenstein (36 Years) (ID Software)
> 3. Tetris (33 Years) (Tetris Company)
> 4. Donkey Kong (33 Years) (Nintendo)
> 5. Legend of Zelda (31 Years) (Nintendo)
> 6. Metroid (31 Years) (Nintendo)
> 7. Dragon Quest (31 Years) (Square)
> 8. Mega Man (30 Years) (Capcom)
> 9. MegaTen (30 Years) (Sega)
> 10. Street Fighter (30 Years) (Capcom)
> 11. Final Fantasy (30 Years) (Square)
> 12. Fire Emblem (29 Years) (Nintendo)
> 13. Ys (29 Years) (Falcom)
> 14. Legend of Heroes (28 Years) (Falcom)
> 15. Puyo Puyo (27 Years) (Sega)
> 16. Mortal Kombat (27 Years) (Netherealm)
> 17. Sonic The Hedghehog (26 Years) (Sega)
> 18. Phantasy Star (26 Years) (Sega)
> 19. Kirby (26 Years) (Nintendo)
> 20. Civilization (26 Years) (FireAxis)
> 21. Atelier (23 Years) (Tecmo)

>I-It's Zelda's fault
And somehow OoT remains the only Link who needs to make this excuse.

Duck Hunt Sold 28 Million copies, he's popular as fuck. Doomguy is a literal who

The only one making excuses here is you at this point go play it

Damn, i genuinely didn't know Atelier has been around that long. Are the games actually good?

As soon as you play LttP, TP, and WW to clean up every mess OoT Link made.

Again, no other Link can be so frequently blamed for fucking up Hyrule

Everyone can brave.
Not everyone can become a hero.
Link is not even regarded as such, he has to steal back the pieces of the Triforce of Courage.
No wonder that time-line sucks, it makes no sense.

agree, it's the ideal male body and the female hormones would help her to retain her looks

this artist is amazing by the way

Attached: DurK6laWsAAPUp4.jpg (1047x1500, 171K)

Adult time line is the most peaceful and prosperous one. Hyrule sucked in link is a hero in Wind Waker for helping to get rid of it

He's literally the Boomer's self-insert. The guy's entire trilogy inhibits everything they wanted in their own medieval heroic adventure.

Like look at how pic related was treated. Instead of treating it as rule 63 fetish fuel that it subtly was, Boomers started to freak out and honestly thought Nintendo was going to replace Link with Linkle.

Attached: Screen-Shot-2015-11-12-at-2.41.56-PM.png (616x627, 284K)

Do you think Zelda will ever be fully playable?
If not a spinoff, I'd like a mainline game where you got to control both Link and Zelda; like that bit at the end of Wind Waker where she helps you as a partner AI, except for the whole game (maybe like Chris Redfield and Sheva in Resident Evil 5).

Attached: 1552378175742.jpg (612x689, 92K)

No, Skyward Sword saw to that
Cope with some Hyrule Warriors

I hope not because she's the real final boss Hylia

Attached: tumblr_n7fctctFYz1shop8oo1_500.jpg (500x507, 106K)

He has a relatively simple, yet recognizable appearance that looks good. Only 3 colors

Ganon isn't always the villain though. You've got your Vaatis and your Majora's Mask.
Yeah they retconned in that shit about Hylia but there's no reason you couldn't have a game featuring a new villain that Link and Zelda have to team up to beat.

Alternatively there could be a second route to the game. Think about how BotW has a huge sandbox. If Nintendo's next Zelda game was on a similar scale (but without the narrative tying her up), you could have Zelda start from a different location and go off on her own adventure through the world. She and Link could even have entirely separate story arcs, or perhaps intersecting story arcs. Like Resident Evil 2, but on a much bigger scale.

Attached: Dof4mmiUYAAbwF9.jpg orig.jpg (639x633, 95K)

There's already a Zelda game where she's the main character.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

>he split Hyrule into three timelines
That's Zelda's doing. It was her who send Link back in the past to regain his childhood, he never asked for it, she did it because she felt guilt that she had involved him into all that bullshit at such a young age.
And he saved hyrule on both future and past.
In the adult timeline (future) he defeated Ganon and the sages sealed him. It's not his fault if Zelda decided to send him back in time. And thus, when Ganon returned (like he said he would), there was no one to fight him, because Zelda was that fucking stupid
He also saved Hyrule in the child timeline for the simple fact that Ganondorf was also sealed here, and only Link, Zelda and the Sages are capable of doing such a thing against him. Twilight Princess also confirms that he is remembered as a hero, even though they only started seeing him as a hero, after he died.

You probably prefer the twink Link. Fag

Based and tightspilled.

and it's a shame because Linkle is a better design than most incarnations of Link

What are some memorable Link quotes that really show you what kind of character he is?

"I don't believe you" - Link to Zelda during Ocarina of Time

Pic Related without the Tits would objectively be the perfect Design for Link

Attached: Link.jpg (1036x1334, 226K)

>Hyrule Historia
>canon

God I love ebiebi's designs.

Attached: 1506336201556.jpg (856x1082, 158K)

Imagine having this much shit taste

"A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage. You may be destined to become the hero of legend...but your current power would disgrace the proud green of the hero's tunic you wear. You must use your courage to seek power...and find it you must. Only then will you become the hero for whom this world despairs."
-Hero's Shade, also known as OoT Link

Attached: Twilight_Princess_Hero's_Shade_Battle_Stance_(Render).png (585x1009, 432K)

indeed, that would be very nice

pic related has my ideal Link and Linkle

Attached: 1554777525780.jpg (606x666, 107K)

A hero is not someone appointed, a hero is the one who gets shit done. Toon Link was acknowledged by Dorf himself even before the forces of good did it.
Just look at Hyrule Warriors to see how boring "because the destiny said so" can get.

Attached: 1542767780309.jpg (800x800, 202K)

top left is amazing

Don't click on any suspicious links

Which post-N64 Zelda games are worth emulating?

Attached: 1490989909188.jpg (229x261, 11K)

"Go and do not falter, my child!"

The bow in her hair being based on wolf ears is a cute touch.

Attached: 1506336098463.jpg (795x513, 77K)

I don't know man. Peter Pan was adventurous as fuck too.

Honestly I love the butterfly ribbon design shuri came up with. But outside of this particular concept I don't understand the obsession with turning Link into a generic waifubait.

Attached: abe5683d1c72af24c334461b55cf3c31.jpg (1500x1600, 222K)

Minish cap

All Links get shit done I'll never understand why WWfags think their Link is the superior one just because of the triforce fetch quest when ALTTP Link didn't even get the triforce of courage at all until he killed Ganon

Attached: WideeyedSarcasticChickadee.webm (1004x746, 722K)

Ganon didn't acknowledge Link until he has the Master Sword in hand. If he knew he was going to be the hero of legend, he would have get him killed right there, or at least, he would've taken the Triforce of Courage.
Toon Link actually fucked up by reuniting the Triforce again. Ganondorf had no idea where it was, and Tetra was safe by herself and her crew. It was until Link gave away both of their identities that Ganon made his move and almost got ahold of the Triforce.
TL is a fool.

>Linkle
>literally the same but tits now
you missed the point of Linkle

>All Links get shit done
>Posts Link who did nothing but make shit worse

How did fat fuck become an action hero

He's sexy and feminine for the fujos, manly for epic gamer legends such as myself, but childlike for children.
You can self-insert as him from basically anyone.

His personality is simple, easy to understand and as heroic as it gets, he is pure courage. He isn't the strongest or smartest, he just pushes through, tries his best and makes the impossible happen every time. Main vidya characters with complicated and/or highly flawed personalities tend not to go over well because since the player is using that character as an avatar, those flaws are projected onto the player. So characters that aren't simple and basically objectively good will always have a strong but niche appeal because the audience would either need to consciously recognize the separation between themself and the character, thus taking them out of the character's shoes; or the audience would have to have their own flaws line up with the character's.
Link is the ideal hero, and when you play him, you are too. That's why he's popular. Also basically everyone has played his games and his games are set up to immerse you in his role as opposed to mario where you're just guiding a fat plumber around.

>Toon Link actually fucked up by reuniting the Triforce again

Seems to have worked well to me

Attached: 1393727713012.jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Because two Triforce pieces can overcome a single one.

>WWfag
>shitting on any Link at all
Sorry kiddo but sailing across an empty ocean for a filler quest doesn't make you some sort of badass that validates your retarded opinions

Rememeber when they first did that in skyward sword and everyone flipped thier shit? Sending nintendo nasty letters and stuff because link has alwayz been left handed? Ah, the good old days.

Or maybe because stabbing Ganon in the fucking face is a better than idea than steeping aside to let Zelda place a seal on him that all parties involved acknowledge will one day fail.

OoT's ending was so fucking stupid. Z1 and LttP had no problem killing Ganon. OoT was the one that introduced this stupid sealing shit

The graves all of the friends OoT Link failed to protect are submerged in that ocean

moooooore for me

search it yourself, faglord. This isn't Yea Forums

And Hyrule's lost forever because of Toon Link not being able to fill his predcessor's shoes
What's your point exactly zoomer?

>And Hyrule's lost forever because of Toon Link not being able to fill his predcessor's shoes
And two sequels show that the world's a better place for it.

Attached: hyrulesucks.png (394x174, 22K)

Nah nigga too much effort

hes a weebshit self-insert character

The only thing those two sequels showed was that the artstyle brought down the games in timeline's quality

Attached: 1553493860340.jpg (431x450, 68K)

>Z1 and LttP had no problem killing Ganon. OoT was the one that introduced this stupid sealing shit
It was ALttP that started that shit with the Imprisoning War. OoT being a prequel it had to deliver.

>manly for epic gamer legends such as myself
I thought this was a pasta

And yet it was retconned for Link outright losing in OoT.

doom was more installed than windows 95, don't be a silly boy

>HEY user OOT LINK
>>WHAT ABOUT TRANNY LINK
faggots wonder why nobody likes them

If anything, everything goes to shit when you trust in Zelda too much. Just look how that went for BotW Link.

Attached: 1544174119167.jpg (500x500, 107K)

>Just look how that went for BotW Link.
His problem was not carrying a shield. He should've grabbed a pot lid to start deflecting guardian lasers

Women want him; men want to be him

People wanting their brackets to be successful

It's antithetical to the issue about how they made the most recent Doctor Who a woman.

Not to put too fine a point on it but The Doctor is a very unique character- one of a few male rolemodels that espouses understanding, kindness, love, and forgiveness towards those who confront him (treating violence a last resort is rare enough in popular media).
These are traditionally feminine characteristics, and making him a woman was not only unnecessary it diminished his value as a beacon for positive masculinity.

Link meanwhile has no distinctly masculine traits. In most games he's a totally blank slate, and only around the N64 era did he start developing any sense of character at all. He's a force for good and a protector of the weak, but while existing as a literal avatar of courage in MM/WW/TP/SS he also managed to become someone that actively fought to protect his friends and family.
In contrast with Dr Who there's no loss of value in having a female Link, but as a rolemodel to girls there may be value to gain in making him a woman.
Or you could just make Zelda playable with some actual plot agency.

Attached: D4CC6XGU8AAiboW.jpg orig.jpg (1772x1702, 506K)

Hyrule was for at least a century under the sea. Everyone who cared about it is already dead and the only two people remaining obsessed with it were two old as fuck men hanging to life through supernatural means.

Attached: 1545674583843.jpg (700x602, 45K)

Jerk off before you post on Yea Forums

Attached: royal guard link.jpg (732x1024, 82K)

The fight is between OoTfags and WWfags. Most BotWfags left a while ago because the thread wasn't gay enough for them.

I thinks it's more of a any Zeldafag vs WWfag at this point because I was even arguing with the WWtoddler against my better judgement

BotW Link already killed a whole company's worth of Guardians with just the master sword. Having the hylian shield would've made him unkillable.

Attached: 1553197672899.png (1400x1400, 1.56M)

Actually Kill yourself TP Cuck, your game was shit

Attached: This Kills the TP Cuck.jpg (1525x1227, 649K)

both are shit. The only good 3D Zeldas are OoT and MM.

Wrong game keep trying kiddo

and even then, they both pale in comparison to LttP

how the fuck do you rate controls into percent?
either the controls work or they dont work.

Attached: mia dis nigga.jpg (253x199, 8K)

LTTP, OoT and TP Link ooga, WW and BotW Link booga.

ooga booga centrist

Choose your link for tonight

Attached: E66ABE36-B4B5-4440-A169-413AC7692CAC.jpg (850x792, 169K)

>The MM is good because it looks like OoT meme
I'll see it die one of these days

No you won't.

More like pedo faggots and eleven year old girls want him; mentally ill faggot trannies want to be him

>pedo faggot
but BotW Link and OoT Link are more than 17

Attached: 4C468F5D-86B9-45B1-B448-29E83B93E85A.png (850x1203, 1006K)

GO
BACK
TO
YOUR
CONTAINMENT
BOARD

Attached: 1508884468592.jpg (640x640, 36K)

Link is peak hero journey. A literal nobody that goes out and save the world. It is the oldest archetype and it is so perfected that it will never fail.

I hate what Breath of the Wild did to Link threads.
Trap Link was a mistake.

Attached: TPLink.png (1304x1310, 2.59M)

Shota Links were mistake too

Attached: 2F49A70F-670D-4F73-B7CF-F2B6529B61DB.jpg (500x638, 57K)

Women/girls like to insert themselves on to him.

I'm fine with shota Links as long as they don't crossdress.

Which is funny considering how Link canonically crossdress in Triforce Heroes, and with many outfits to choose from.

Attached: 67123446_p0.jpg (738x938, 165K)

Not an argument as that clearly didn't translate to sales like Duck Hunt

And he canonically does in Breath of the Wild, that wasn't my point, my point was it that it encourages trapfags to flock to my husbando, and they're the worst, Link should look male.

>small portion of the game requires a female disguise
>everyone immediately starts portraying the main character as a sissy faggot

Attached: 1289786310761.jpg (800x800, 50K)

Since he doesn't speak, the tranny jew writers can't fuck him up.
He completes all of his tasks with courage and a masculine silence.

Even worse: an off model sissy faggot

Now, even with his default clothes, he looks like a girl

Attached: C0368059-5D91-4F05-AE8E-E4EDF53D3A6E.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Attached: idontcareaboutcuteboys.png (575x281, 148K)

Well the 33 key of my keyboard is broken and half of the time it activates either twice or not at all, so I'd give it a 75%

>shark

Attached: 0C9E8F8A-A717-4905-94E6-21105AEEADCC.png (500x281, 232K)

Something about being battle hardened at the age of 12 is really fucking badass.
And not shonen shit where despite a million battles they still rely om deh powah of fwendshit to sav the dey
Link just knows he's got shit to save and he's the only tweenager with the pair to do it.

>most diverse arsenal
That clearly goes to BotW Link. The only Link not limited to sword n' board for basic fighting style.

This, except take out "I guess" and "I suppose"

I honestly don't care about your sexuality, but you can't just draw a woman, say it's a man, and then call yourself gay

This is what waifufags actually think.

You've got some weird girls where you're from user. Or you play a lot of AAA titles

>The only Link not limited to sword n' board for basic fighting style.
Nothing stopping you from using a Biggoron Sword or Megaton hammer as a main weapon.

Until you know, plot mcguffin bullshit like not being able to kill Ganon.

SS Link is the most fun and likeable

>try to enjoy a zelda lore thread
>its all homos and retards getting baited by each other
This is why the (you)conomy is crashing.

This is the answer, if anyone was wondering. I think the biggest thing about Link is that while some people who desire dialogue and considerable character depth might not find things to like in Link, it's even harder to find reasons to hate him.
And even then he has his moments. Saria intercepting you at the bridge and the way he hesitates before running away, waving farewell to his grandmother as he sails off, fighting to his last breath against an army of guardians. He has tons of little moments like that.

But in the end yeah, he's the lone army, the single hero who has to take on an army of darkness. It's probably why Ocarina of Time/MM Link is the most loved: he's the one who most exemplifies this trait. Just look at the ending to Ocarina of Time, the way he puts the Master Sword back in the pedestal, stares at it a moment, then walks away like "Well that's that". You can't help but think 'damn what a boss'.

Dude boys don’t have that pretty face in my country
You’ll only hear that you look gay if you look like that

>rarely seen smiling
>always jumping around for joy when he completes tasks
>gives those he cares about warm smiles when he reunites with them
You definitely see him smiling a lot in-game, it’s good that he shows a great deal of emotion throughout the entire thing.

OoT Link
>Golden Gauntlets
>Master Sword, Biggoron Sword and the Great Fairy's Sword (all unbreakable)
>Goron Mask
>Zora Mask
>Deku Mask
>Giant Mask
>Stone Mask
>Captain Mask
>Fierce Deity Mask
>Ocarina of Time
>Boomerang
>Lens of Truth
>Mask of Truth
>Hookshot and Longshot
>Deku Nuts
>Bunny Hood
>Megaton Hammer
>Mirror Shield and Hylian Shield
LttP Link
>Golden Master Sword and the Biggoron Sword (both unbreakable)
>Mirror Shield
>The Quake, Ether and Bombos Medallions
>Magic Cape
>Magic Mirror
>Magic Powder
>Fire Rod and Ice Rod
>Roc's Feather and Roc's Cape
>Rod of Seasons
>Literal dozens of rings, with each ring having it's own effect, like turning him into a fairy or a lynel, for example.
BotW Link
>dozens of breakable Swords, Shields, Boomerangs, Axes and Spears
>a weakened Master Sword
>The Sheikah Slate

Not. Even. Close.

everyone wants to fuck link, gay straight doesn't matter. he's not just "self-insert" he's sexuality-insert. i remember being 12 or something playing wind waker and my older sister said "i love girl link" she played all the previous zelda games, she literally thought link was a girl in that game. it changed my life forever

Oh, I forgot to mention those as well
For OoT Link
>Din's Fire
>Favore's Wind
>Naryu's Love
>Fairy's Bow
>Hero's Bow
>Bombs
>Bombchus
>A Pocket Cucco
For LttP Link
>Pegasus Boots
>Red Mail
>Cane of Byrna
>Cane of Somaria
>Hookshot
>Magical Boomerang
>Moon Pearl
>Power Glove
>Bombs
>Red Shield
>Bombchus

Exactly why OoT won the awards and this tranny sissy cancer one won shit

BoTW Link is the worst Link just because of this garbage. Thank god this thread was actually decent (though OoT and TWW are both great, no need to fight brothers).

Typical ootfag response

Attached: Untitled.png (123x144, 30K)

This.
Link represents the Faustian Spirit

Attached: e11.jpg (497x480, 137K)

I fucking hate that BOTW Link is in Ultimate
At least give us OOT or TP tunics
And fuck hero of the wild tunic
Its horrible

This.
Can't wait for mods to come out.

it is true

oot link was literally designed for fujos and homos

But Link is barely a character, even in-universe he's just a reincarnating receptable for the Triforce of Courage, an automaton who can only fight evil and nothing more

green is my favorite color and should be yours too

I need that tony soprano meme RIGHT NOW

Peter Pan is more childish by design. People identify with a more hardcore feel.

I like Link but honestly these There is nothing particularly special about Link, he's just from a well-known long-running franchise and is about as inoffensive/milquetoast as you can get. In terms of writing there are many better characters, same with aesthetic, and gameplay. Even in the Zelda franchise there are better characters who are allowed to have something resembling a personality and character development.

Attached: laughing elf man.jpg (255x352, 16K)

I miss Link being voiced by King of Braves. I miss Link yelling in that chad motherfuckers voice.

Top right got me confused for Riesz from SD3 on the thumbnail. Where the hell did Fierce Diety get that ahoge from?

That short manga still a bit jarring seeing Link Talk, and yet it felt right.

Why do people even like twink link from botw

Because metal gear is a movie???
Kojimbo a hack

>Where the hell did Fierce Diety get that ahoge from?
Dunno, but I like it.
FD is still the player character and it rounds out the design from otherwise being too serious.

Attached: 1506336098461.jpg (768x1560, 225K)

Popularity. Everybody who at least pretends to like video games knows who Link is and knows they'll be called a pleb if they don't hail OoT as the greatest game ever created. The average gamer knows Mario and Pikachu but those are too casual picks because even your grandma knows them, and maybe Fortnite, Skyrim, and Call of Duty avatars but those aren't iconic enough, so Link becomes the go-to face of "gamers."

2 hot

He's a fuckable twink

Attached: 41C60580-081B-46B7-9F38-F6B27FC7D9EC.png (200x200, 20K)

I want to kiss him

link is easy to like.
normans think he is your average hero, lorefags have their "muh dark deeds"

This. Besides being a self-insert, the few things you know about him ingame are good: brave, smart, pussy destroyer, heroic...and he doesn't speak, so he can't really be annoying or break the self insertion. You are bound to love him.

The truth of the matter is that if you make Link a girl, the amount of men who would masturbate to them would go down.

Not sure where you got that idea from.

Attached: 1554808493571.png (921x926, 2.07M)

>the amount of women who would schlick
FTFY

>obscure detail blown way out of proportion
Yes that is how fan art works