Start game for first time

>start game for first time
>choose "deprived" because I don't know what kinda role I want yet
>try to spread points all over, no one told me resistance is a useless stat
>entire experience is troublesome and frustrating, die to random mooks 5 times on average before getting to a boss and getting one-shot
>everything is nerve-wracking and awful, feel like destroying my screen several times
>say fuck it, read up on some stuff, start with new character
>choose warrior, dump points mainly into str/dex
>game feels like I just switched from "hard" to "normal" difficulty
>boss fights are exciting but manageable
>can finally enjoy the atmosphere and overall gameplay
"Go in blind", my ass.

Attached: fhqjltbfcnl1ze75z4z1.jpg (800x450, 84K)

>start game that is marketed entirely on difficulty (i fucking hate this, btw)
>pick the only class that starts with no armor and a fucking CLUB
>being too stupid to check the character's stats and find out for yourself that resistance sucks
Sweaty..........

can beat that

>want to make str character
>put ALL my points in str
>arrive at anor londo, 50str, 8 end, 10 vit
>try to kill O and S around 30 times, can't do it because could only do a short dash and like one dodgeroll
>died so much, can't even farm soft humanity in anlor londo anymore

that's when i started reading up and made a new character

Yea first DS has a ton of unexplained or stats that arr 100% useless unless you plans to specialize.
Res is completely unless and int and faith are also useless unless you specialize as a int or faith build.

that was the appeal of the games user, to go in blind and get your shit shoved in, slog through it, then replay it while knowing what to do, I had the most fun possible going in blind, if you think dying is a frustrating experience instead of a learning one dark souls is not a game for you

That's a viable build, just take off your armor

>play the game for under an hour
>realize that stamina management is very important, blocking slows your regeneration, tanking chunks stamina, running takes stamina, dodging takes stamina, attacking takes stamina
>think it's a good idea to never level your stamina
Bro... You might be a little autistic....

Use reference for all souls games, they're generally great, but filled with opaque mechanics.

I found that just enough faith to cast a low level heal was great for a blind run since it helped save my sippies for the boss at the end

>check the character's stats and find out for yourself that resistance sucks
How would you ever arrive at that conclusion just from looking at random screens alone? Any sensible system would have your base resistance stack with your armor resistance.

not if you went greataxe like an idiot, don't want to run back, have it only on +5 because you missed the larger ember and are shit at the game

nah, just thought if you are good enough you can make due with one dodgeroll and attack

>say fuck it, read up on some stuff

Attached: 1484239064181.png (861x487, 659K)

Maybe you’re just stupid and can’t read the menu options when you select them because all you’re reading are the names and not the descriptions

I played dark souls 1 completely blind and did about 5 runs, all of which failed at O and S. The most promising was a sorcerer who got lucky with the black knight sword in undead burg. My underage ass still couldn’t do it and quit after that run, mostly because I insisted on smough first for that sweet ornstein armor.
Years later, after finishing ds2 and bloodborne I crushed the game.
Now I thank ornstein and smough for making this game significantly more memorable, the other souls games all lacked a true wall like this.

>Beat a boss, have like 10 levels worth of souls to use
>Put all points into RES, see it only affects bleed and poison resistance
>Realize it's a terrible idea, remove those points before you commit
Woo-oo-w

You can just kindle flames for more sippes than you will ever need.

>choose the one class that starts at SL1 instead of 7-9 and without any armor like the others
>act surprised when things are difficult

>picks a naked fuck instead of cookie cutter warrior or knight
Going in blind doesn't mean shooting in the dark
Error: Maximum file size allowed is 4 MB

Attached: messimessimessimessimessimessi.gif (300x300, 2.33M)

Only after you have lord vessel and get to tomb of giants, which could be the last area you beat if you're playing blind. Compared to 14 faith or something for a level 1 heal

Retard

that's why I always look up everything when faced with games with math-heavy builds like this. you can never tell when you're secretly, irreversibly fucking yourself over until it's too late.

> Be retarded
> Do retarded things
> "I blame others"

Sounds about right for a Soulsfag.

if you ever used a wiki on your first playthrough you're human trash

Attached: 1358027424870.jpg (621x621, 159K)

Did I ever say I put all points into res? No.
Any other game, it'd be reasonable to assume you're gonna run into poisonous enemies later on so you can already put some points into poison resistance.

I'm not saying you did, I'm saying you should have, but only for long enough to see the effect on your stats

Yeah because pretty much all the reviews from other people were like "doesn't matter what class you pick, you can find all the armors and shit in the game anyway so you can specialize later".

I did. And I thought that if I have some points in poison resistance and later on find items with in-built poison resistance, it will allow me to have even more poison resistance cause it stacks. But evidently that's not the case for whatever retarded reason.

I looked up where secret walls were. It's not like it was proper blind anyway, I had been lurking in Souls threads for a good long while before playing it when it came out on PC so I was already spoiled on stuff like Capra and O&S.
In a way that actualyl makes it better though, because Yea Forums made me so terrified of Capra Demon that as soon as I stepped into Lower Undead Burg I had no idea if there was going to be an arena or if I was justed going to get jumped so I was terrified with every step.

Attached: 1497539480652.png (718x841, 96K)

It was "go in blind" not "go full retard" you imbecile.

If the game doesn't prevent you from going full retard, then that's the game's fault.

nah, it's your mom's

That doesn't even make sense.

It's not our fault you're too stupid to realize resistance only increases for posion and bleed which the stat screen shows you when you allocate the points.

>Taking the quality pill
Good choice.

I always thought that Dark Souls 1 was especially brutal against blind players. When you show up to Firelink Shrine, you're given 3 different paths to go, and two of them are basically impossible for new players. I've met countless people who try out Dark Souls then spend a few hours trying to get through the Catacombs before giving up on the game, without even going to Undead Burg once.

>arrive at anor londo, 50str, 8 end, 10 vit
thats a turbo autism build if I ever seen it.

Your shit dna and upbringing make you blame other people for your bad decisions

I couldn't even find the path to Undead Burg as a new player. I legit slammed my head against the graveyard skeletons for 2 hours and quit. Could not understand what I was doing wrong. Similar with New Londo, I went down but couldn't even find the pathway to get to the dangerous parts.

To this day, I still can't read the level design in souls 1. I never have any idea where I am or where anything is. I have to use a map or I forget where I am in the level and how I got there. Blighttown is always around when my memory starts failing me, the fucking wooden platform section is just impossible for me to parse. I've never had a good sense of directions.

The only thing which is just bad design is that the guy at the beginning tells you to "go up" and behind him is a staircase that leads to the cemetery and the way to the castle is easy to overlook.