I just got a PS2 and CRT battlestation set up

I just got a PS2 and CRT battlestation set up

Feel free to talk about your favourite PS2 games ITT so I can build a list of games to pick up

Attached: sony-ps2-console-500x500[1].jpg (500x500, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6jvW5zU9Fg
en.everybodywiki.com/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_with_alternative_display_modes
youtube.com/watch?v=uzBO0XV6Jps
youtube.com/watch?v=iWRdMX1VaZA
youtube.com/watch?v=brMW6KFue-I
ps2-home.com/forum/page/opl-game-compatibility-list
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Buying games

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

defiantly take a look at Gungrave

Attached: PS2 games.jpg (5748x6740, 3.9M)

an old fag i knew would always recommend this game ring of red
it's quite interesting as far as mecha SRPGs go, and as far as i can tell, it's quite obscure, but it was... fucking hard. like "i don't know what i'm doing" kind of hard. check it out if you're into unique games, i don't remember paying much for a copy when he recommended it to me.
while we are on mecha SRPGs, front mission 4 is also quite good. not quite as good as 3 in my opinion, but definitely a great game.
the armored core games are all good, but if you've never played one on PS2, start with AC nexus. if you like it, play AC last raven. trivia those games are some of the first hidetaka miyazaki worked on when he joined FROM, and last raven has that style of storytelling of his that people like, so it's highly recommended. brutal, though, which is why i recommend nexus as an entry point.
of course, the ace combat games, 4-5-0. everyone has their own favourite. personally mine is 4.
and of course the best PS2 game of all time, God Hand.

If you have a fat PS2 just get a hard drive. You shouldn’t have to buy games unless you are a retard like me and got a 90001cb

>Would have to buy a 400 dollar upscaller so games don't look like jagged shit on my HDTV

What fucking bullshit.

I'm playing through the Onimusha series now, get those if you like action games and samurais n shiet.

Attached: 1552778783841.png (1920x1080, 1.47M)

Watch the anime first, it's really good and gets spoiled by the games

Attached: 51AFHGZDR4L._SY445_.jpg (317x445, 34K)

those upscalers dont make them not jagged, they make them more jagged if anything. cleaner

Legaia 2: Duel Saga

gungrave was shit though

buy ps3 component cable for your ps2 dude. much clearer image and you can upscale with gsm in opl if you got fmcb

Then what do they do? Jaggies is the only problem i have.

get a crt? the reason theres no antialiasing is because crt smears the pixels anyway.

>machine hat outputs lowres doesnt look good on hires screen
it's not bullshit, it's fucking normal you dipshit
the cheapest and best option is you get a CRT, or deal with it, because spending hundreds on an upscaler still wont give you the best possible output considering what the source was designed for

>buy ps3 component cable for your ps2 dude

I have component cables that are supposed to be good, they were expensive at least, though they do make static white noise come out my headphones which sucks. Cables do nothing for jaggies.

>and you can upscale with gsm in opl if you got fmcb

youtube.com/watch?v=Y6jvW5zU9Fg

Attached: 1537875050916.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

God Hand. DMC1 and 3. SMT Nocturne.

>crt with a ps2
Why?

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows
Shinobido: Way of the Ninja
Shinobi
Nightshade

Attached: ayame.jpg (1052x757, 248K)

PS2 games on an fully backwards compatible PS3 look better than on PS2 on the same TV you dumb fuck. They look the way they do because manufactures put shitty upscalers on their TVs to save a dime and create secondary markets. It's the same with headphone amps.

Who's talking about buying games?

Because it plays well.

What the fuck happened? PS2 has extremely gorgeous progressive scan output, but its interlaced video is absolute diarrhea (and even further butchered on a non-CRT display); why did so many devs not even try to opt for 480p at minimum?

I know interlaced video is inherently ass, but I don't recall Gamecube having nearly as awful of 480i video.

Tenchu didn't age well my dude. I tried WOH last month and was surprise that i could not get into it even though Tenchu 2 is one of my favorite games. It's back in the backlog for now

>even late games like Dawn of Dreams don't support progressive scan

It's fucking dumb

Daaaaamn, PS2 games aged really gracefully.

Okay retard.
>GSM is the GS Mode Selector. You can fuck with various video output settings. Let's say make a 480i only game 480p. Some games don't work too well, for example Persona 4 runs too fast for some reason. YMMV.
>OPL is Open PS2 Loader. Allows you to boot games off various media, including through an SMB share or a hard drive. Don't bother with the USB loading though, it sucks.
>FMCB is Free Memory Card Boot. It essentially exploits the PS2 firmware to load what is essentially an operating system that will load various programs. Including those listed above.
Remember, the PS2 commonly outputted 480i with only a select few offering 480p and an even more select few offering anything above it. Best bet is to just get a CRT from the dump and play it on that, even via composite cables the PS2 looks pretty damn good.

It was the screen it was designed to run on.

It had something to do with the devkits sony gave out. It only had a 240p video output, IIRC.

Attached: IMG_20190418_113249993.jpg (2706x4810, 2.37M)

>I have component cables
>they were expensive
>they do make static white noise come out my headphones
your fault for buying expensive low quality crap

>using letters i dont understand
"and you can upscale with graphics syntherizer mode selector in open playstation2 loader if you got free memory card boot"
there, did it change anything? no, you still have to google all of that.

because a PS2 outputs SD, so SD screens are the best option for image quality.

>PS2 games on an fully backwards compatible PS3
we're talking about PS2 games played on a PS2 you fucking mongoloid

>why did so many devs not even try to opt for 480p at minimum
not entirely sure because i dont exactly know the technical aspect in detail, but i remember reading a well written and documented explanation where it's explained that, in layman terms, the PS2 doesnt have enough graphic power to deliver each frame at 480p without sacrificing other visual aspects.
Of course it's not limited to graphic capability, but also to memory and bandwidth(the same way the bitrate of the PS2 prerendered FMVs is tied to the PS2 dvd read speed, regardless of how capable is the GPU to output a higher bitrate).

is DQVIII better on PS2 or 3DS?

That's a good list, that's what I like about PS2, I've been passively collecting(in current console dryspells) for about 15 years and I only have 85%-90% of that list.

RE4 or MGS3 are good games, I like Road Trip Adventure and Dog's Life because I can just fuck around and soak the environment.

The game is casual Max Payne for console fags but the show is GOAT

video games don't age

>why did so many devs not even try to opt for 480p at minimum?
The video hardware on the PS2 is bunch of PS1 GPUs glued together, all rendering from the paltry 4MB VRAM.

Sounds like a lot of fucking hassle. A quick browse through the compatibility list already shows problems. Does not seem worth it.

Or maybe i just have a headphone amp that further exacerbates the problem of having audio coming from an analogue signal you absolute sperg.

Devil May cry 3 SE
Godhand
.Hack Quadrilogy
Ace Combat 4,5, and Zero

Tenchu definitely did.

You'll have fun with this one OP.

Attached: 51258WJJ2RL._SY445_.jpg (314x445, 43K)

Do some PS2 games support native widescreen, or do they just stretch the resolution on modern displays?

Yeah, some do.

Tourist trophy is still good by today standards

Himpsons Smitman Run

Attached: 220px-The_Simpsons_Hit_and_Run_cover.png (220x286, 104K)

Ace Combat 4, 5 and Zero
Kingdom Hearts I and II (Final Mix if you can mod it)
Marvel vs Capcom 2
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Resident Evil 4
God of War I and II
Final Fantasy X, X-2 and XII
Rachet and Clank
Jak and Daxter
fuck dude there's too many good games

Attached: PS2.jpg (1920x1080, 57K)

its anamorphic so its stretching regardless

Not him but I got a PS2 a few years ago, barely played and now that I had to repair it, I'm trying to see which games I should play. However I also have a PSVita and I already played P3P, P4G, MGS2 and 3. I also want a PS4 so I could play FF12 on the PS4 later and I already have FF10 and 10-2 on the Vita, I just never played it.

I have completed DDS1 and 2 and DMC1 so far on my PS2. I plan on playing DMC3 and SMT Nocturne. But I want to know if there are other games I could get that I will enjoy and that aren't available on the PSVita or the PS4. Rereleases are confusing and I don't want to buy a game I'll buy again for another console.

dmc3 is on ps4 tho

Ace Combat 4, 5, 0
Silent Hill 2 and 3

My PS2 recommendations :

-Silent Hill 2-4
-Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
-Final Fantasy X, X-2, XII
-Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2
-Jak & Daxter -trilogy
-Ratchet & Clank -games
-Fatal Frame -games
-Forbidden Siren -games
-Psychonauts
-Ico
-Shadow Of the Colossus
-Okami
-Xenosaga
-ZOE
-Persona 3 & 4
-Other Shin Megami Tensei-games
-Cold Fear
-Gran Turismo 3 & 4
-GTA 3, Vice City and San Andreas
-Shadow Of Memories
-Devil May Cry 1-3
-Disgaea -games
-Evil Dead: Fistful of boomstick
-Drakengard

Also, don't forget that the system's backwards compatible:

PS1:

-Silent Hill
-Resident Evil 1-3
-MediEvil 1 & 2
-Final Fantasy VII-IX

-Spyro 1-3
-Dino Crisis 1-2
-Vagrant Story
-Metal Gear Solid

-G-Police games
-Oddworld -games
-Gex: Deep Cover Gecko
-Alundra

-Parasite Eve 1 & 2
-Crash Bandicoot 1-3
-Crash Team Racing

I already own the special edition on the PS2 so I don't plan on buying it again once I get a PS4. But now I want to avoid making that same mistake for other games.

based legaia user

en.everybodywiki.com/List_of_PlayStation_2_games_with_alternative_display_modes

>Sounds like a lot of fucking hassle.
Easier than it sounds
> A quick browse through the compatibility list already shows problems.
The vast majority of games have no issues, or issues that are easily fixable with a mode change(that is already listed in the compatibility list so you dont even have to test)
>Does not seem worth it.
Future proof your PS2 from laser problems, from having to use discs, plus the advantage of faster loading times, unlimited virtual memory cards, and not having to look around for physical copies or have to burn games you download, not worth it?
I'd understand if there's a preference for physical copies rather than doing this, but saying it's not worth it is literal bullshit.

I appreciate your concern and effort user but i only set up my PS2 now to play a few games that i missed mainly:

>Onimusha series
>Tenchu Wrath of Heaven
>Shadow of Rome
>Replaying AC5-0

Once i'm done with those i don't think i will make much use of it. I wanted the experience to be as hassle free as possible and it already went overboard in that aspect. Plus i have a slim with no HDD.

I'll see if there's any comparison videos for it later but I'll probably won't bother with it. Thanks for the info anyway.

>not modding your ps2
should i finish the guide I was making? I feel like I just make it into a pastebin

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-03 (0) v - mfw trying to emulate games with PCSX2 - Video Games - 4chan.png (1737x355, 41K)

Rate my taste

Attached: 1555315633122.jpg (1040x649, 211K)

there's plenty of guides, videos, and even an "official" discord server where anyone can ask for help if something goes wrong or there's any issue with lots of links to original sources for apps and tools.
the idea is good obviously, just not sure if t's worth to do a guide for the umpteenth time

no better thread than this
so my memory card died and i really want ot replay some games i missed
can i just put a rom on a USB and use the USB as a saving device?
i think i read something about this but i only trust reliable sources, like....like you guys

Attached: 1553540448550.jpg (1200x900, 206K)

Who's the freak in the photo? He looks like a child predator

7/10 pretty good.

Rookie weeb/10

you can only save to memory cards on a stock system.

ps2 outputs interlaced, which was designed for crt
there are many games that support progressive, like RE4 and GoW
it will either be in the options or hold X and triangle at startup, but not all games offer it, most didn't
you need component cables for it to work

Tenchu Fatal Shadows has noticeably better level design and combat
it's hard to explain in words but in WoH there were many times where there were very steep stairs and enemies wouldn't look up
in general fatal shadows is way more aesthetic and polished, plus it has a cute tomboy

I was pretty much done with it, I wrote like 5 posts and I have it in a .txt so idk

if you have a hard drive you can mod your ps2 to play games off of it and use virtual memory cards which save to the hard drive
but you'd need a memory card to install FMCB on, so just buy a new one

How do I make PS2 games look good on a HDTV?

R8 my setup dudes

Attached: 039A8889-F68D-44E1-A54C-DD607695889A.jpg (701x1099, 447K)

Come back after you get an Eyetoy.

Personally, sly 2 band of thieves has been my all time favorite game for a while now

why would you use this over just storing games on your pc hdd and accessing via ps2s network to play them?

official sony 8MB ps2 memory cards are eternal. if you dont want memory cards to brick buy those while theres some on the market. I havent tested but I'm pretty sure you can transfer saves from a memory card to an usb if youre using the filebrowser on fmcb so the 8MB space shouldnt be an issue you can always transfer shit to storage from there.

Even if you aren't a planefag I would say play the Ace Combat games - 4, 5 and Zero.
The story, characters, music and bosses aren't something to pass up.

youtube.com/watch?v=uzBO0XV6Jps
youtube.com/watch?v=iWRdMX1VaZA

Attached: 1482635861006.jpg (986x1700, 1.39M)

pac man world was fun for me
twisted metal black
DBZ budokai 3
sly cooper

Hey I've been using something similar called MCBoot, never heard of FMCB, is it any better? I know MCBoot is not 100% compatible with all games

>Free MCBoot

That's what the F stands for. Is the same.

component cables or if you have time watch this video of nerds talking about it:
youtube.com/watch?v=brMW6KFue-I
if you have fat stacks you can get a Framemeister or something

Ethernet has the worst loading speed, even worse than usb or dvd. hdd has the best load speed, even better than disc
on top of that some people's setup might be different or they might not want to use ethernet or whatever. I personally like HDD the best even and you'll need one anyways if you want to install FMCB yourself instead of buying a modded MC, at least I think so
either way there's compatibility differences, so you'd have to check as some require different settings or are incompatible with different devices
ps2-home.com/forum/page/opl-game-compatibility-list

FMCB stands for Free Memory Card Boot, or FreeMCBoot so it seems like that's what you're probably using
what version does it show?
and what are you playing your games off of? OPL (Open Ps2 Loader) or something else?

R8 my ps2 game collection

Attached: AAB87BEC-A5D8-4508-9A27-33296650C3A3.jpg (4032x3024, 2.63M)

how do you put games in the hard drive?

10/10 would play them all

>socom series
Patrician taste

>Stella Deus
>mfw breaking the game early on by combining a bunch of shit items into a god-tier ones

Attached: 1551048795414.jpg (184x184, 34K)

well, have you made sure there's nothing else on the hard drive because it will wipe everything from it to put ps2 games on it
then you need to make sure it fits in the network adapter, if it doesn't you need to get a SATA adapter
I could post the whole thing again if you need user

there is literally nothing wrong with having a library of PHYSICAL games.

your room looks like it's inhabited by a child

>being ashamed of your video games
what a faggot

Attached: 1516574499477.jpg (539x558, 65K)

what kind of child has ps2 anymore? every kid has a pc full of leds / ps4 and fortnite

You still care how cool your room looks? What are you 14?

>Framemeister

this was the 400 dollar upscaler i was talking about. Absolutely ridiculous price

what games?

from this post i can tell your room is actually inhabited by a child

stretch bros ww@

Attached: 1.jpg (428x600, 67K)

There's nothing wrong with putting your PS2 games inside a cupboard or a storage cabinet to prevent future embarrassment.

i'm sorry, the correct response was "i don't live in a room in my parent's house anymore"

it was such an easy test too

god hand
god hand
god hand
god hand
god hand
god hand

Sue me.

Attached: 20180622_193247.jpg (1536x2048, 884K)

You have to be the biggest and most insecure fagtron in the world to think people seeing your video games is embarrassing.

Attached: 1484007977218.jpg (620x515, 66K)

that's for granted. are you some 22 year old faggot that just moved out or what?

>SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom
>God of War / 2
>Psychonauts

Attached: 1515547032961_1517609268598.jpg (768x768, 88K)

Looks significantly better and most importantly sounds better on the PS2

New party members in 3DS version are good and so no more random encounters.

3DS version would be best if it had the orchestral soundtrack and looks of the PS2 version

Nigga, stop embarrassing yourself

Attached: what are you doing.jpg (1920x1080, 208K)

based horsefucker

no no, it's too late to scratch out your answer

What an excelent shown of taste user... some times i feel i am the only one that remembers this gem.

I would recomend the following...

.hack//IMOQ (not that you´ll be able to get those anyway. but if you can those where great).

Shadow hearts 1&2, Drakengard, SO3, KH 1&2, Valkyrie Profile 2, Xenosaga 1, 3 and 2 (you have to endure the shitty art of 2, i am sorry but it´s a necesary evil), Soul reaver 2 and Defiance (not as good as Soul Reaver but still), The godfather, Chaos Legion, Onimusha 3 and 1, LOTR return of the king (the co op of this was fun as fuck) and maybe LOTR third age (i don´t usually endorse movie games, specially when they butcher the lore, but this was accptable), maybe Tales of the Abyss and Radiata stories... and FF X. (not nearly as good as the PS1 ones but the ending is worth your time).

>What an excelent shown of taste user... some times i feel i am the only one that remembers this gem.
Not him, but I have both SH and SH Covenant. I still missing the third one tho.
My fav is the first one, love the darker tone.

I live in a one bedroom apartment my room is full of things I like while my living room is entertaining guests and watching tv

so you are some dorm faggot glad to know that

Ratchet, Jak, Sly trilogies are must haves

After being almost broke and owning a good PC, I have decided emulation is the right choice, it's too easy and convenient. PCSX2 plays 90% of games fine, games like MGS2 and 3 I have on PS3 in the HD collection. There are only a handful of games like the Ace Combat series that still have issues in PCSX2.

I see a lot of recommendations for games that got a proper HD release last gen and are better played that way.

>PCSX2 plays 90% of games at 90%

Fixed

GODDU HANDOU

You don´t miss anything by not playing the third one though. Specially if the first one is your favourite. If i didn´t know i wouldn´t think those two belong to the same IP. The 3rd one is just too colourful and bizarre but not bizarre in the same way the Yuri games are bizarre if that makes any sense.

I agree on the first one being the more captivating. It is undoublty the one with the best story, tone, aesthetic and that ending... The second one does have some good stuff too, mainly i think Yuri transformations had better designs (or rather they where less... eerie?). I guess the story is ok too as i kind of like that the game adressess how the relationship between Alice and Yuri changed Yuri...

Prince of Persia and Silent Hill collections were pretty bad.

>PCSX2 plays 90% of games fine
2/3rd the speed is not fine user

emulation is fine sometimes but modding your ps2 isn't that hard
it has a lot of steps but it's less expensive than the PC required to emulate ps2 games, and after you're done you can have a "modern" ps2 that allows you to save to hard drive, use a ps4 controller (wirelessly if you buy bt adapter), switch games without turning off your ps2
and a lot of games are better experienced just because emulation can ruin the atmosphere

>You don´t miss anything by not playing the third one though
I did emulate the third one and even it's not on the same level, I still enjoy the combat system and I'm a collector so it bothers me not to have the game.

I virtual memorycards have issues with some specific games, mgs3 coming to mind first. it's better to just use a memory card. savefiles arent that big anyway.

God Hand is shit no matter how you play it friend

I said proper. GOW, MGS, ZOE, J&D are all gonna be better on a PS3 than playing on PS2 connected to an HDTV.

>use a ps4 controller
I didn't know this was a thing.

>God Hand is shit no matter how you play it friend

Attached: 1508807331228.png (413x474, 180K)

>I said proper
I know, I was being concrete for the rest of the anons that don't know what collections are good.
The Tomb Raider one is good too.

>why did so many devs not even try to opt for 480p at minimum?
Because it required devs to push for a 640 pixel wide resolution; due to the limited VRAM, you have to be very careful with your drawing setup, and sometimes the game is so technically demanding you have to settle for 512 pixel wide framebuffers. Enabling progressive scan on those games creates pillarboxing and messed with the aspect ratio, and Sony hated it. That's why most games don't have the option available. But there's physically nothing preventing you from enabling progressive scan on any game, it's just a mode change. Wouldn't want to do that with something that interlaces fields though.

For reference, any game natively supporting 480p or that switches to that resolution with no issue is also fine with 1080p, while games that crash with progressive scan will most likely work with 1080i.

yeah VMC has compatibility issues but just check first, I linked a list yeah, get the right version of OPL and enable it for each game
and I haven't used a BT adapter but if you do wireless you'd basically have a ps2 with all the QoL of a modern console

>God Hand is shit no matter how you play it friend
git fucking gud
god hand has flaws but there's nothing else like it and it's one of the best ps2 games

Silent Hill 2 is best played on a CRT with a PS2
Those lighting effects put modern games to shame

How does emulation ruin the atmoshpere more than jaggies out the ass?

Attached: 20431336_1606723019400706_1535798975226332835_n.jpg (579x570, 51K)

>but there's nothing else like it

thank God

even a nanosecond of sound stretch breaks immersion.

How do you even grab the games on the higher shelves?

running at 90% speed
even if it's compatible and runs at full speed the whole time I was more talking about games where it feels better to sit in front of a tv instead of at a desk. i know that's picky but either way even small things can break immersion
why do you hate god hand user? 2hard4u?
no really is it because it's not cinematic enough?

>t. manlet

Attached: 1533667792100.webm (300x400, 2.85M)

i hate it because it's a bad game.

I can tell you're a manlet.

ok retard
mechanically it's good but you sound like a game journo

No mechanically it's not good. You sound like a fucking fanboy. I beat the game twice on Hard, eat shit, you're used to it.

I'm 185 cms tall.

>I beat the game twice on Hard
oof massive doubt
wanna actually try to explain how it's shit user?
why did you beat a game you hate so much three times?

Must be convenient.

I don't find most chairs confortable for my back.

Give you the satisfaction of earnestly engaging with you when you're a fucking bellend? No, i don't think i will. Doubt all you want, see if i give a fuck.

Well I guess that's not too surprising since I keep seeing tall men and women complaining about being uncomfortable in planes and public transport in general.

ok user at first I was gonna bully you since every critique of god hand I've heard has been retarded, but then I was gonna wait for an actual argument but instead you just said "I hate it because it's bad because I say so"
you sound really angery and I think you should calm down

i'm not the least bit angry

exactly. even that Breivik dude couldn't stand having a ps2

Attached: 805AFEF9-0537-4B12-8F25-EAD410EBBC07.jpg (4032x3024, 2.33M)

>tfw found my old box of PS2 shit with my system, controllers, games and memory cards
>playing SSX 3, MGS2/3 and Persona 4 again
>on my original TV I had in my room
hell yeah

Attached: 1554592671690.png (626x771, 461K)

9/10

also excuse my shitty cropping and my trash camerawork

Attached: kill me.png (2197x705, 2.6M)

Is Silent Line any good?

How do hueg Xbox games look on CRT?
I've got mine laying around somewhere.

Better than PS2 ones except for Silent Hill 2.

mister mosquito was kino

Rate my PS2 collection.
Ignore the dust.

Attached: IMG_20190418_225047.jpg (1293x1133, 726K)

dust your shit off bro

Average/10 but nice blade runner.

I said ignore the dust!!!!

Truth, my PS1 collection is better.

ape escape 3
sly 2 sly 3
mvc 2

that was a really nice anime

10/10 not a single bad game.

>this is the average mgs2 fag

Mad respect for the original Blade Runner game. Truly an underrated gem.

Upscaling from 480i (or 240p) adds a shitload of input lag because of the way built-in upscalers do it. Shit like dmc and rythym games become unplayable.

Not if you use the OSSC

i hadn't considered that but is it really a "shitload"?

I cant turn down a £1 MGS2 at a carboot sale my dude.

Rate.

Attached: PS2.jpg (908x2230, 985K)

Yes, more than 100 ms on top of the input lag that's already there.

very good deal sure. amusing to think someone listed it with that price because he didnt like it.

Why was the PS2's survival horror lineup so good?

Was the console with most games of that generation.

PS2 has bad survival horror games too.

How the hell is firefighter fd 18 not on the recommendation list.

Attached: Firefighter_FD18-USA.jpg (1600x1074, 398K)

Based, best game coming through

Attached: 220px-Sly_2_-_Band_of_Thieves_Coverart.png (220x315, 133K)

>Multiple playable characters including Carmalita
>Good bosses
>Interesting levels
>Character development
And then Thieves in Time happened. . . and then the ugly looking cg cartoon.

>Why was the PS2's survival horror lineup so good?
Ridding the PS1 spirit of experimentation with different concepts for a genre, that's how stuff like Siren and Fatal Frame were born