Its too much

its too much

Attached: >nintendo all stars.png (1777x584, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gamingbolt.com/super-smash-bros-isnt-just-nintendo-all-stars-anymore-says-series-creator
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And we still got 4 more to go.

That's what you're mom said when she saw my dick lol

Joker and Bayo don't fit. Bayo gets a pass for being a Nintendo character more than a third party one, but I still don't like Joker being in it, Switch port or not.

I wonder if people write "you're" and "your" wrong on purpose
Because I suck at english and even I don't use them wrong

Same as Cloud, the series has big history with Nintendo, but they went with the most popular/recognizable character for the sake of marketability

Bayo remastered is coming soon for the PS4.

>Ken
>Richter
Would be perfect without those two fags. What makes them any more important than Raiden, Shadow, Bass, Terra or a Black Mage or something, Jeanne or Minato?

Cloud is iconic, Atlus in general is comparitively niche. I still think Joker is only I the game because somebody just wanted him with no more thought than that.

What's your point? It was on 360 and PS3 to begin with. You know I mean Bayo 2 and 3.

S E E T H E

The fact they can have the exact same moveset.
Ken is a Ryu clone in his own game so it's a perfect and easy fit, and Simon aped half his moveset from Richter so it would be weird not to add him in.
Swapping out a model is easy, making a whole new moveset for a character is a massive endeavor.

No it's not you whiny little faggot

Yeah I mean it's easy, your is a contraction of "you are" and you're is you + the old English possessive "re" (like the 's).
Not that hard.

Sakurai clearly wants to include what he considers the "events" in video games.

Metal Gear Solid was a fucking EVENT.

Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man don't particularly have any "moment" but they're Mario's age-old peers so they're deserved.

After that, it gets messy. Ryu is in because...fighting games, I guess? I think Capcom just have a disorder where they absolutely CANNOT EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES have Mega Man in a crossover without Ryu also being present.

Cloud is from Final Fantasy VII, which is an event. It was one of the most important events in all of video games and whether you like FFVII best or not doesn't matter; that's the most notable entry in that series.

Bayonetta is a similar kind of "event"; if it were me I'd have gone with Dante but Bayo is good enough since DMC was on life support for years.

Simon and Joker are also clearly from games that define their generation. Castlevania informed half of an entire genre; Persona 5 is the JRPG that finally toppled Final Fantasy as best JRPG, not to mention its off the fucking chain aesthetic design.

Joker, bayo, and richter look so out of place

>Raiden
Could have Snake's moveset if he was the MGS2 version, not the cyborg.
>Shadow
He's literally a palette swap of Sonic. That's his thing. Just ignore Chaos Control since it's not usually a mechanic you're even allowed to do anyway; it's for cutscenes.
>Bass
Technically his buster is different but it wouldn't be a stretch. That, or Proto Man, who literally functions exactly the same but has a shield sometimes.

Well no shit, that's how Joker got in the game. Sakurai is a huge fanboy for Persona 5 and wanted to put Joker in badly.

No. You're living in the 2000s still, buddy.
Final Fantasy fell long ago. They can barely turn out a game per DECADE now, and they're shit tier quality. Atlus worked hard since they debuted Disgaea and since then they've been on the up-and-up. Atlus is the current king of JRPG.

can't wait for doomguy and reimu

>you're mom
Go to your room, user.

Just wait for when they release Reimu and Frisk.

>Atlus [...] debuted Disgaea
Shows what you know.
Atlus will NEVER make a game as big as FFVII was. Even the shitty nu-FF games people buy out of habit sell far more than any Atlus game does, including P5. Not that it even matters what any of them are doing now, considering Pac Man, Mega man and Castlevania are in the toilet and are more fitting than Joker.

>Ryu from SFII and even SFIV
>not a motherfucking MASSIVE event
Zoomers, begone

9 at least. They've been calling this Fighter Pack 1 now.

Agreed I only know a few other franchises that could be considered "events" that arnt in the game yet
>Minecraft
>Dark Souls
>Mortal Kombat
>Halo
>Dragon quest 3
>Resident Evil
>World of warcraft
>Doom
>Tetris
>Fortnite
Some of these franchises have to be dlc right?

>Atlus will NEVER make a game as big as FFVII was.
I didn't say they did.
But I still disagree; one day they might do. Their quality control is the absolute apex of Japanese game development right now whether you want to concede it or not. Square Enix lost all their money making shitty films and paying Nomura to redesign FFXIII like seven times.

I'm 30, dude. I just never got into fighting games so that's probably why I don't see Ryu as particularly important. Like, for fighting games, sure have Ryu. But Smash prides itself on being different to fighting games; hell, we didn't get Spring Man, Custom Robo, ClayFighter or Jin any other traditional fighter characters.

it'll always be a little funny that Snake of all characters was the first third party

Attached: honolulu.png (510x552, 222K)

Shadow could be identical to Sonic and just replace his up B with teleport and that would be fine.

Where have you seen this?

It couldn't be anymore beautiful

It's not enough

Cloud and Joker are pretty "What the fuck?" but all of them have some history or another with Nintendo

>>nintendo all stars
Reminder that this character was in the first game.

Attached: Ness-Super-Smash-Bros-Ultimate.png (512x512, 40K)

And, y'know, cause he's the one everybody wanted

Would Akuma be too violent for Smash?

>. Ryu is in because...fighting games
Wait wait wait, how is Street Fighter not an age-old peer or an EVENT?

>Final Fantasy fell long ago.
That doesn't change that FFVII and Cloud are iconic

>Their quality control is the absolute apex of Japanese game development right now
SMT is nothing to write home about and P5 is a carbon copy of P4 which was a remix of P3.

From Street Fighter?

Isn't Mother a top seller in Japan though?

A Nintendo all star, yes.

Attached: 073276E8-EA80-4096-8DF9-33B5D9FB42ED.png (201x201, 24K)

Sonic, mega man, pac man, and simon are the only ones that truly fit. Even though i love bayo she still dont fit.

>Snake
>Cloud
>Ryu
>Joker
IT'S NOT FAIR SONYBROS

No. But if they put another SF character in the smart money would be on Chun.

bayo and the persona guy look so out of place.

How do any of them fit more than Ryu? Street Fighter was the biggest thing not by Nintendo on the SNES.

As someone thinking of getting this: how good is Ryu actually? I figured with the input barrier he'd be atleast decent

This is your mind on Kojimbo

>Falling for cheap bait
And don't claim you baited

Attached: 1551600740308.gif (315x174, 1.39M)

Blame Nintendo for not creating enough successful IPs to keep up with the Smash roster.

Nintendo sees adding cool obscure characters like Sukapon, Wonder Red, Saki, Ray, and Chibi Robo to be a non-option unfortunately. So if we were to get a re-focus on Nintendo characters we would end up with more low quality bloat like Rosalina, Bowser Jr, Corrin, and Incineroar. Because Nintendo won't add Nintendo characters unless they're from a newly successful series, an NES game, or their core series, getting a bunch of third parties is the best case scenario.

In a perfect world Smash focusing more on Nintendo characters would be awesome. But this is an imperfect world. And in this imperfect world getting guest stars from a variety of popular series associated with Nintendo and not is massively preferable to getting more Mario and Pokemon characters and a flash in the pan shill pick.

Because of this, I genuinely hope all 5 dlc characters are third party.

Well most of the first-party characters people care about have been used up, leaving only reeaaallly niche franchises and supporting casts.

>Snake
MG on original Nintendo. Also Twin Snakes was pretty popular at the time
>Ryu/Ken
Street Fighter was an insane seller on the SNES are you serious?
>Cloud
I'll give you that one
>Bayo
It was literally on the Wii U and was popular even before that so why not put her in. It's not like she doesn't fit a fighting game
>Joker
I'll give you that one too. That one is clearly a Sakurai fave

>Cloud
>Never been on a Nintendo platform
>Joker
>Never been on a Nintendo platform
Which chucklefuck approved the two of these

Attached: 1541983799684.jpg (363x289, 27K)

Room for one more?

Attached: D04C727B-1DC3-4F51-8020-5B88A66E6F5B.jpg (1804x1024, 215K)

and dixie kong isn't in smash yet. fuck sakurai

Ridley and Ganondorf are violent as fuck, yet they're just fine.

>Trying to say Snake is more deserving than Cloud
LOL
O
L

Cloud was in spin-off and FFVII is on Switch right now
Joker is in PQ2 on 3DS.

Internet marketing is based around hype and overreacting to unexpected outcomes so these 'impossible' choices literally promote themselves

>And don't claim you baited
If you knew it was bait then why did you reply???

Attached: Baited.jpg (480x476, 178K)

I think I'd have a heart attack.

Dixie Kong is ass.
DK reps are fine as is right now, but if they had to add more bloat, Cranky would be the best.

>>Cloud
>>Never been on a Nintendo platform
>>Joker
Wrong on both accounts. Cloud and Joker has appeared on Nintendo systems, prior to their appearances in Smash Bros. Regardless of that, Smash Bros since Brawl is more of a celebration of videogames in general, rather then just Nintendo.

Attached: Persona Q2.jpg (656x600, 99K)

Both false.

please shut the fuck up

Third party characters turn more heads than any missing Nintendo characters beyond memed ones like Waluigi. They're hype.

Attached: samus_sip.png (256x137, 11K)

>Cranky above Dixie
Disgusting

I don't get why it should be limited to Nintendo characters. Why do people feel so attached to a specific company?

>Nintendo's All-Stars in
Gee. I wonder why

Sakurai said that Smash has moved beyond that.

wasnt the whole shtick of ssb that it has nintendo characters duking it out?

Just imagine the buttdevastation of Meleefags if she gets in as SNK rep after Samsho bumping Melee out of EVO

Attached: nako-shodown3.jpg (600x800, 116K)

Not that guy, and I know what you're trying to convey, but common guys, let's get real.
They're sorry ass excuses to have hype characters in the roster, even when their more memorable appearances weren't featured on a Nintendo console.

Like how it took a long as time for a FFVII port, or how they basically advertised MGS4 in Brawl, or the fact that Joker is all about P5 and has zero mentions of PQ2.
And I don't dislike their inclusion, but as I said, they're excuses to generate hype.

>that art
SOUL

They think that adding non-Nintendo characters makes it less likely for the Nintendo characters they like to become playable. What they haven't taken into account is that Sakurai and Nintendo are mentally challenged and would pick more Pokemon/Fire Emblem/generic minions as characters instead of the popular options, so adding 3rd party characters is the better option.

There is room for one more whore.

>Boxing Gloves forward smash
>Minigun neutral special
>Sandvich taunt

I want it

Attached: 58f.jpg (1680x1050, 166K)

WE NEED TO GO DEEPER.

TALES, MORTAL KOMBAT, SOUL CALIBUR, AND TEKKEN REPS

>Mortal Kombat
Wouldn't be the first time Sub Zero was in a non-M rated game.

Smash has extended beyond a game of Nintendo characters beating each other up and has effectively become the Olympics of gaming. Characters are sent invitations to participate in Smash with a sealed envelope so it's presented as some great honor, and given the pedigree, quality, and popularity of each Smash game, it essentially is.

Its not. Dont give a fuck about most of those, give me Rayman, Crash and Banjo already, ffs.

Attached: 1367049391057.png (856x460, 450K)

>SF and Castlevania have more reps than F-Zero

Attached: 1555302914203.png (379x325, 218K)

Probably because those franchises are more popular than F-Zero unfortunately

and?

Mortal Kombat in particular has almost no chance. Those games have been banned in Japan for decades.

Kojima asked Sakurai as a friend to include Snake to impress his son with his character. I think it was early as Melee, but he asked too late in development.

Same goes with Yuji Naka though without needing to brag to his kid part. Sega said no for Melee and Brawl initially, that’s why Brawl got delayed.

Attached: D677A97F-F476-4175-8F2B-3AAB58890617.jpg (1038x576, 61K)

So was this guy. I like some of the third party choices, but I miss the days where Nintendo's lesser known characters had a real chance of getting in without the need for massive fan campaigns.

Attached: 273 - captain_falcon yes.jpg (706x1147, 63K)

>Sega said no initially
I wonder why. What's the downside?

So?
Is that supposed to be a problem?

I don't get why fags want another F-Zero rep so bad

I mean even when you ignore the fact that it's been dead for a over decade now, it's just a racing game franchise where you hardly ever see the pilots themselves during gameplay, and none of its characters besides Falcon are popular or important.

If F-Zero being alive and active with a full blown anime franchise wasn't enough for Sakurai to add another character when Brawl's roster was decided in 2005, then it certainly isn't today.

Attached: 5c5.jpg (1503x1080, 334K)

dont bother, everyone thinks this is a random game cross over fighter not a Nintendo fighter

ahh

Attached: Roster.png (576x330, 431K)

Fighter Pack 1 refers to Joker, Mementos, and the nine songs it comes with.

Attached: 1510895189195.jpg (1024x692, 193K)

Someone make a Dixie wojak, these monkey fuckers need to be taught a lesson.

>sylux

Attached: mfw.png (662x576, 312K)

I'm way more interested in third party newcomers than first party ones, I can't help it.

Attached: 1450742740672.png (800x1280, 223K)

maybe they had plans to develop a fighting game of their own and were worried about Sonic appearing in a superior competitor's title.

gamingbolt.com/super-smash-bros-isnt-just-nintendo-all-stars-anymore-says-series-creator
>"Super Smash Bros. Isn’t Just “Nintendo All Stars” Anymore, Says Series Creator".
>"Sakurai confirms something anyone who’s even vaguely following the series could have guessed by now".

Attached: taxes.jpg (772x767, 92K)

would you even know at least one more iconic character from F-Zero?

i liked the game, but most of them were forgettable except maybe black shadow.

>F Zero gets a new rep to help market a new F Zero game
I know this happened twice with Fire Emblem but with F Zero I don't think I'd even be mad.

Ken can be violent enough

Samurai Goroh and Black Shadow are the only other 2 reps for F-Zero that would make sense

Some games, like Zelda, Mario and Pokemon, draw people to Smash, while introducing them to the niche series like Star Fox. We've seen new reps used to basically force Fire Emblem to be successful, and I would like to see F-Zero get some of that love.

Holy fucking shit you dumb fucking nintendo babies just don't get it do you
Smash is now a series that celebrates videogames as a whole and you dumb faggot fanboys want it to stay nintendo all stars instead of becoming something larger than itself. Name another crossover that represents an entire medium better than smash.

It doesn't fucking matter if they were on a nintendo platform or not, smash is practically recognized as a videogame hall of fame now and you babies are crying about that? I seriously don't get you guys. Fanboys will be fanboys i guess

This.

Attached: 1497217509877.jpg (670x670, 32K)

Samurai Goroh, they can even make him use iaijutsu instead of brandishing the sword to not be another generic swordsman

I think it was around the time Cloud and Bayonetta got in.

Sonic Megaman and Pac-Man were fine additions, as well as Ryu because he was from another fighter and fighters have 3rd party reps all the time.

I’d be utterly content if the E3 Nintendo Direct spent like ten minutes for two Fighters Pass entries. The remaining time on the rest of their game lineup. I’d be set for the rest of the year.

all the all-stars got in brawl already. Everyone else is extra besides Bowser Jr., Lil Mac, K.rool, ridley, duckhunt, and villager. Might as well just get popular 3rd parties now

>So was this guy.
Back then F-Zero X had come out in the previous year

Better yet
>minigun jab and ftilt (like megaman)
>sanvich down B
>boxing gloves side B charge

I'd be content if the Nintendo E3 was solely fighter pass and Smash
They aren't putting out any DKC as far as I can tell any time soon, so I don't give a fuck about anything else.

Just wait till he joins.

Attached: metroid staring at mars.jpg (1019x680, 215K)

cry me a fuckin river OP ya fag

even when sakurai says the franchise at this point is a celebration of video games as a WHOLE you still need to bitch about 'too many' third parties

and nobody gives a shit what you think 'fits' either

I wish.

Attached: good_grief.jpg (512x512, 48K)

>Arcade
Pac-Man
Ryu
Ken

>3rd gen
Solid Snake
Mega Man
Simon

>4th gen
Sonic
Richter

>5th gen
Cloud

>6th gen

>7th gen
Bayonetta

>8th gen
Joker

6th gen still needs a third party rep. Master Chief confirmed

for fans of the franchise as a whole, FFVII is not the only one nor is Cloud necessarily the most wanted, specially when he is already shoehorned and shilled at every opportunity

None of those are Jap IPs... Even Tetris I believe, the name might be the only thing about it being foreign I'm not sure, but everything else is western.

Dark Souls, Dragon Quest and Resi are japanese.

It's Sora, sorry gaijin

>Sakurai loves Persona 5
>Sega gets a third rep
>Persona has its roots on Nintendo because of SMT back on SNES, and casually popped in with the Q games.

Yeah, Fatlus is niche as hell no less, but if they're going to represent that branch, Joker's the current "MC"

No way, this E3 is going to boring as is. Who would want a company to talk about one game that’s been out for several months for forty minutes?

Nintendo has Pokémon, Link’s Awakening remake, Super Mario Maker 2, and that mecha game to shill this year. Bayonetta 3 also if we’re lucky.

Soulless

I didn't know Dark Souls was, but my tired eyes did miss Dragon Quest, so my bad
DQ so far has the better potential to be added.

Smash Bros... home

Attached: Cc5NT0PWIAAP181.jpg (800x600, 131K)

you gotta believe, bro

did you read the 2nd part of my post?

Both Chief and Sora are owned by American companies

Sora is owned by Squeenix

>Disney
>American

no it isn't, the list of noteworthy Nintendo characters that aren't in Smash is pretty much exhausted at this point

Whoops

I dunno why people still get upset at this point honestly

We've gone this far. Any backtracking would just feel bad. More video game characters is just more video game characters period. Limits suck!

Smash didn’t make FE successful, Awakening’s casualization and shipping sim did.

Smash made FE successful, Awakening’s casualization and shipping sim didn't do shit.

I personally just have favourite Nintendo characters that at this point won't ever get the chance to be in Smash because there are a zillion more "worthy" third parties than them. Not gonna lose my rag over it though. Just gonna keep autistically making my fantasy lists....

Based Sakurai, OP is a fag

WHO DO I BELIEVE

>We've seen new reps used to basically force Fire Emblem to be successful
Awakening made Fire Emblem successful.

Smash helped spark interest in the west with marth and roy. Awakening sparked new interest in FE as a whole when that came out, with its new casual gameplay to attract newcomers, and smashwiiU just helped advertise it even more.

that's fair

But you know I'm pretty sure Nintendo characters would just be easier to get than the 3rd parties, so you never really know

The interest Smash sparked did jack shit in helping the game sell more.

Deathborn would be great as well.

Attached: Deathborn playing the piano.gif (728x408, 2.93M)

>Sakurai is a fan of Persona 5's menus
ftfy

He's a fan of the game itself you nigger.
Die a thousand deaths

To be fair those menus are slick as hell

>Joker joining the roster in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is mainly due to invitation from Masahiro Sakurai (Sora Ltd.), and thus contributed the collaboration. Because Mr. Sakurai likes Persona 5 very much, and I happened to like Super Smash Bros. very much. So, when (we) received the invitation, the first thing we thought is “Great!”, and we are very happy to build mutual corporation.
>Sakurai likes Persona 5 very much
OH NO NO NO
Nintendo picked Joker, user.

I never imagined I'd want a Samsho character to get into Smash. Imagine more of the seething Darkstalkersfags would be if a SNK character from a series that has been oddly compared too Darkstalkers ( the 2nd popular fighter ) got in before Morrigan.
Also isn't Nako SNK's poster girl? Cause it seems to make more sense than Terry.

Attached: 1554939311525.jpg (526x430, 57K)

Yikes

Attached: TRIGGLYPUFFED.png (308x296, 108K)

>Sonic singlehandedly making SEGA relevant and becoming a direct competitor to Nintendo
>Not an event
>SF2 inventing fighting games
>Not an event
Are you retarded?

Where is he????????????????????

Attached: 220px-Crash_Bandicoot.png (220x300, 69K)

Kill yourself nintendo baby
sakurai doesn't care about your imaginary 3rd party limit and other dumb fan rules

What do you mean by that?

>ryu is in because uh fighting games
Without SF2 or Ryu we wouldn’t have fighting games. Ryu is THE fighting game character.
Stupid fucking zoomers

Explain Halo.

Simon, Ryu, Mega Man, even Sonic, are all characters people relate to nintendo.
Literally whos like Fawful or Captain Syrup (which would be fun to have in the game), are not.
Simple as that.

people here batted around Ezio who i totally think is on the table now even if he never crossed my mind once before

Attached: 1551055498679.jpg (604x604, 133K)

I used to be against characters that weren't born or present in Nintendo, but Joker was nice, and playing by my mindset would get us Boregon Quest shit, so nah, give me Sora or Master Chief or fucking Sackboy, someone fans would know.

Attached: Gohan jobs again.jpg (600x600, 81K)

>After that, it gets messy. Ryu is in because...fighting games, I guess? I think Capcom just have a disorder where they absolutely CANNOT EVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES have Mega Man in a crossover without Ryu also being present.
Street Fighter 2 is unironically the best selling third party game ever released on a Nintendo console. Can't you fucking guess why he and ken got in?

Attached: vgo6zpewgszy.jpg (430x462, 17K)

Oh? What is the list?

SF2 6.3
DQ9 5.7
Just Dance 5
MonHunG 4.3
SF2 Turbo 4.1
Prof. Layton 1 4.1
MonHun4 4.1
DQ3 3.8
FF6 3.4
DQ6 3.2

Does that include all 4 million versions of SF2 or just the original release

I want it so badly it hurts

Attached: 1554946882763.png (566x549, 105K)

With Ubisoft already having a few spirits in the game, especially Rayman, I think the ship's firmly sailed for them by now. Rayman also always seems to be the go-to Ubisoft IP for Nintendo support before others too, to the point of being their only trophies in Smash Wii U, and is now the only Ubisoft spirit in Ultimate that isn't explicitly tied to Mario (there are the Mario Rabbids, but those are still strictly for the crossover game with nothing representing the Rabbids franchise as itself.) Maybe next Smash game, but if there's gonna be any Ubisoft rep, I feel Rayman has the strongest odds for it by this point.

Attached: 1542935736389.jpg (624x448, 54K)

It's gonna be Steve. Best case scenario, it's Banjo-Kazooie.

Steve has been killed multiple times

The only reason Dragon Quest is even somewhat viable is because of stupid fucking """leaks"" and japs having shit taste and DQ would cater to them.

You can tell who's a zoomer when they undermine 90s era Sonic.

Can't you guess from the fact SF2 and SF2 Turbo are treated as different games?

I missed that, damn those are impressive numbers for a glorified Xpac

>What they haven't taken into account is that Sakurai and Nintendo are mentally challenged and would pick more Pokemon/Fire Emblem/generic minions as characters instead of the popular options, so adding 3rd party characters is the better option.
Underrated

The only reason Dragon Quest is even somewhat viable is it being the third best-selling RPG franchise, second best selling third party ever released on a Nintendo console , best selling third party on the NES and DS, best-selling RPG of the 80s, creator of the JRPG genre, inspiration to Mother, Pokemon, Final Fantasy and countless other games, and the fact Nintendo has always had a close relationship with Enix.
The west was merely ignorant (as usual) of all of this until leaks brought attention to the topic.

Attached: dqnintendo.jpg (1116x1047, 245K)

>Persona 5 is the JRPG that finally toppled Final Fantasy as best JRPG

Yeah right. It's not beating FF and hell it's not more popular than Dragon Quest in Japan.

Just dance rep when

I WANA BE A GIRL

Where is Midna :(

Basically the first big online shooter. Unreal tournament was the first one but not as big as halo.

Slime is in boys

Slime would be fine, after Joker I think Erdrick would come out as very unique as well, but most DQ characters would nice and fun.

With the top row tou could ask a random who they are and mostly like would know save maybe Ken and Snake. With the bottom row not even some casuals who play games would know them.

Literally this, sorafags are just in denial

j