From Software own the rights to Tenchu and Sekiro is proof they can reboot the franchise...

From Software own the rights to Tenchu and Sekiro is proof they can reboot the franchise. Hirata Estate is a clear indication of that.

What do you think Yea Forums? Would you like a new Tenchu series?

Attached: 458024906.jpg (720x405, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MgSQcY89SSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>reboot
No, FUCK OFF with your zoomer shit.
Just make something NEW.

Nah. Tenchu is boring.

No, feudal Japan sucks

I agree, but the first two games were amazing. All the others were indeed boring

Based

I love that setting so they could make whatever they want in feudal japan, I'll buy it like the brainlet I am

Hopefully a sekiro successor will have more refined stealth mechanics to feel closer to an actual modern tenchu game

I'd rather more great stand alone games like BB and Sekiro.
From is in an enviable position where they don't have to rely on nostalgia or franchise recognition.
You'd have boomers complaining about how it's too different or doesn't do justice to previous games one way or the other.

I'm a boomer and I agree with what you say. From's original IPs are vastly superior to any other game they've done. While I'd love a tenchu reboot, a fresh idea would be equally welcomed from me. There is something about DS1, BB and Sekiro that breathes life into my jaded soul

Why would I want a game with outdated gameplay? Sekiro is literally the perfect Tenchu.

Attached: 6952252C-430C-40B3-9BCD-37D63257EC47.jpg (225x350, 28K)

>DaS1
Dark Souls is just a bootleg Demon's Souls.

Attached: 86eba48eb91b0e3c460c0e17a7d7bde3.jpg (902x1267, 299K)

?
No it isn't. They could make it into the perfect Tenchu, but they dont want to fuck with the pacing of the game. It's a minor support skill

The games are very cheap to make, and that helps.

This
I suppose most people didn't play DeS, and the half finished mess DaS is (story / setting wise) is less evident to them.

>DeS
Demon's Souls is just a bootleg King's Field.

>Sekiro is literally the perfect Tenchu.
Sekiro plays nothing like Tenchu, for better or worse.
Then again, FROM's Tenchu games are steaming garbage outside of Wrath of Heaven, so I can see where you're coming from.

If they want to make Sekiro a proper Tenchu successor they need to:
>Make stealth not shit, that means adding proper noise detection, AI that isn't SNES tier, a manual grapple option, better enemy placement etc.
>Add wallrunning
>Add Ninja Jump
>Add sheathing
>Add more playable characters
>Hire Asakura for the OST, not a Tenchu game if the music isn't made by Asakura
>Add classic Tenchu stuff like ninja armor or poisoned onigiri
>Remove the remnants of soulshit from the game
>Tone down the supernatural elements

As it is now, Sekiro is more of a Ninja Scrolls game, which is great in its own right, I've been waiting for such a game since forever and it delivers that almost perfectly, but it's not a proper Tenchu successor.

>Make stealth not shit
you never played tenchu

Sekiro is literally just Tenchu/Souls/Onimusha/Ninja Gaiden thrown into a blender. In saying that I approve.

Dont know if I want another Tenchu, even though it'd be fun dicking around as Rikimaru again I dunno how the series could establish itself in the modern era

>Sekiro is proof they can reboot the franchise.
How is it fucking proof?
Sekiro is proof that FROM literally can't do anything other than Souls clones and if anything it proves they can't do stealth worth a fuck.

Sekiro literally has worse AI and stealth mechanics than Tenchu 1.

>sekiro plays nothing like tenchu
>has a story relating to political strife
>has feudal and paranormal elements
>has stealth mechanics
>has multiple paths through each level that favor mobility
>grappling hook

Have you ever played a Tenchu game?

>you never played tenchu
Even the first game had proper AI alert based on sound that would put enemies near you in a alert status if they hear noise, in Sekiro you can start a massive fight in one room and have enemies in the room next to you not be alerted.
You can also kick objects or swing your sword next to an enemy and they will hardly react unless you're swinging right beside them.

>Then again, FROM's Tenchu games are steaming garbage outside of Wrath of Heaven, so I can see where you're coming from.
FROM has NEVER made a Tenchu game.
Not fucking one.
They published some handheld ports and that's it, they've never developed a game for themselves.

See, this is exactly the reason they shouldn't make a Tenchu game.
Autist boomer would bitch at any deviation from the classic formula.

You seem to be confusing an arbitrary list of features with GAMEPLAY.

I mean Mark of the Ninja literally checks all of your retarded faggot ass boxes, does Mark of the Ninja play like Tenchu? Fuck no.

>>has a story relating to political strife
So do Souls games, are Souls games Tenchu games now? Or is Sekiro a Souls game because it has political strife?
Is Way of the Samurai also a Tenchu game because of that?
>>has feudal and paranormal elements
So do games like Mystical Ninja Goemon or Tengai Makyou, the paranormal element is also a background element that is hardly important compared to Sekiro where it's the main fucking theme.
>>has stealth mechanics
Sekiro's "stealth" mechanics are laughable.
>>has multiple paths through each level that favor mobility
Tenchu isn't about mobility, it's about moving around stealthily, which Sekiro completely fails at for various reasons.
>>grappling hook
Which is locked to specific grappling points instead of being something you can use freely, because again, Sekiro isn't a Tenchu game and as such the grappling hook works very differently.

Is Gran Turismo the same game as destruction derby to you because you ride cars in a circuit and can damage them?

>not a Tenchu game if the music isn't made by Asakura
Holy shit you're a huge fag.

Ai alerting eachother exists, they pussyfooted on detection radius so that players with a preference for combat aren't forced to aggro an entire level. Otherwise stealth would be the only reasonable option in any scenario, whereas in reality stealth in Sekiro is From's way of allowing bad players to reach important fights without getting repeatedly filtered by common mooks

>Ai alerting eachother exists
A faggot arbitrarily waving a torch with a year long window in which you can still kill him before he "alerts" is an absolute fucking joke mate, AI in Sekiro can't even hear you standing 2 feet away firing explosive shurikens like a mofo.

Sekiro AI is literally dogshit Souls tier AI.

Asakura literally fucking defined games like Tenchu or Way of the Samurai, you piece of shit.

This tenchu fag sure has a lot of anger.

FROM does best when they do what they want. The contractually obligated Dark souls sequels are good evidence of this.

>You'd have boomers complaining
you mean retarded soulsfags. they're the only ones that bitch and moan about from finally doing something that's not exactly yet another fucking soulsgame

>FROM does best when they do what they want.
So, Souls games with a twist?
>The contractually obligated Dark souls sequels are good evidence of this.
t. underage Soulsfaggot.
All of their long running series have middling sequels, KF3, KF Additional, AC:PP/Nexus/Ninebreaker/or the V games are all mediocre to downright bad and they weren't contractually obligated to do any of those, it's just how FROM (or any company really) rolls.
Besides, DS1 itself is supremely overrated while DS3 is also bashed by both DS1 and DS2 faggots, which is ironic since DS2 is bashed for being too different while DS3 is bashed for being too similar/a Bloodborne clone.

The multiplayer, you poor fool you didnt get to enjoy the multiplayer.

>Would you like a new Tenchu series
No, let it rest in peace. You don't need to dig up the bones of 20 year old franchises just to satisfy nostalgiafags.

I'd fucking love another Bushido Blade though

>Sekiro is literally the perfect Tenchu.

omg stfu zoomer fag

Clearly they can but a reboot isn't necessary. Just make another sequel.

youtube.com/watch?v=MgSQcY89SSc

you never played tenchu did you?
I don't ahree with the other user but you crearly have no idea about tenchu lore or mechanics

Wallrunning wasn't a thing on canon games
stealth was always shit
seathing weapon is not a thing
tenchu HAD TONS of supernatrual stuff through the canon entries
ninja armor was an unlockable in later stages of the game, it was useless

As much as I love Sekiro, the stealth is basic as fuck. Enemie's field of vision is fucking small and sometimes they don't pick up sounds which occur like 3 meters behind them. That doesn't mean they have to resurrect the Tenchu series though, they just have to improve the stealth in Sekiro.

Not the other user, but you're a fucking retard.

>Wallrunning wasn't a thing on canon games
Yes it was. But i'd fucking love to hear the ass pull about what is and isn't "canon".
>stealth was always shit
Bullshit, in 1998 it was god tier.
>seathing weapon is not a thing
Sheathing absolutely is a thing, what the fuck are you talking about? It was a feature in Tenchu 2.
>tenchu HAD TONS of supernatrual stuff through the canon entries
He said tone it down, he didn't say it didn't exist.
>ninja armor was an unlockable in later stages of the game, it was useless
No it was useful a s fuck for boss fights.

If enemies get to detect you more easily then they gotta nerf the damage they do to you. You can't just buff enemies like that without considering all the other parameters.

No it doesn't, it just means the player has to be more careful.

Yes it does, you need to consider other parameters like mentioned before.

>ass pull about what is and isn't "canon".
Fatal shadows can barely be called canon and the wall running was literally useless.

>stealth
stealth has always been shit in tenchu stfu boob.
player detection based around radius and proximity instead of footstep sounds/shadow concealing is inherently flawed. It's a fucking ninja game.
Even fucking Manhunt had better stealth systemlth than Tenchu.

>armor
yeah but only if you drool like a retard
it was useless for anyone wth 80 IQ

I love tenchu, it's my series but you're dumb to deny it isn't flawed

No you don't faggot.

Why the fuck would you need to nerf the damage enemies do just because you've increased their field of vision?

That makes absolutely NO fucking sense, the damage they do only comes into consideration ONCE they've spotted you.

They're two completely different game elements that can be easily and arbitrarily tweaked and tuned independently of each other.

Un-Nerf the grappling hook. It was Perfect in Tenchu 1. After 2 they nerfed the shit out of it to control where you could go, and what it could latch to. Seriously destroyed a core part of why the game was fun.

Also, more sexy armor plz.

Attached: sexy armor.gif (512x472, 502K)

Fatal Shadows is absolutely canon, as is Wrath of Heaven, as is Tenchu Z, all of which feature wall running.
Your ass pull did not disappoint.
>player detection based around radius and proximity instead of footstep sounds/shadow concealing is inherently flawed
Tenchu 1 had detection based on SOUND, Wrath of Heaven, Fatal Shadows and Tenchu Z had detection based on SHADOWS. It's pretty clear YOU don't know a fucking thing about Tenchu.

It clearly isn't "your" series because you don't know a fucking thing about it.

This whole post is wrong. And I guess I have to spell it out since you didn't get it but when I wrote other parameters I didn't just mean enemy damage. Some skills you get during the game become obsolete like the skills for better stealth. If enemies can still detect you just as easily then what's the point of those?

>but when I wrote other parameters I didn't just mean enemy damage
lol that's what you literally fucking said.
>If enemies get to detect you more easily then they gotta nerf the damage they do to you.
Retard.

Nice non argument, guess you really have nothing to refute then.

I already refuted your argument and your counter argument was that you never said what I literally just quoted.

Nice try faggot, but as I said, you're wrong and now just spewing shit.

never played tencho but always wanted so i only tried the demo
>reboot
no. fuck you they would ruin it like all reboots and remasters and remakes do

You didn't even try to refute how skills relating to stealth stop working as intended though. And I can find even more parameters that get fucked along the road. Sekiro was not designed as a Tenchu game.

>Add wallrunning
>Add Ninja Jump
>Add classic Tenchu stuff like ninja armor or poisoned onigiri
but
>Tone down the supernatural elements
user, all ninja stuff is supernatural.

>as is Wrath of Heaven
Where did I say WoH isnt canon, its where canon peaked and ended.
strawfag more.

>detection based on SOUND
wow you walk on water you can make sound. Congrats at least something basic works.

>had detection based on SHADOWS
are you sure you played the same games as me? Do you know the meter on the left corner? Thats what you use to measure your visibility.
If you're talking about how shadows help you reduce that meter then you're just a dumb retard. You're still going to get spotted if you're in a certain distance and the enemy will hoom torwards you. Shadows simply do not exist.

TENCHU stealth is so awesome the enemies can't even look vertically. ("inb4 in muh FS they can")

HINT: that loading screen telling you to hide in the shadows is just a figuravitly way of saying "stay in green Chi". You dont really hide in the shadows.

I know the series ins and outs including bugs and exploits. You're the one who should quit talking out of his ass

>You didn't even try to refute how skills relating to stealth stop working as intended though
Why don't you just bring up even more points that I never even took issue with instead of addressing the points that I did raise?

Once again your faggot, you're wrong and now just spewing even shit.

I love how you failed to refute fucking anything and are painfully aware as to just how full of shit you are.

explain

>i have no issue with stuff not working so its ok
Ok man, you do you, I can parry everything till I beat the whole as well, guess that makes it ok even if stuff doesn't function. Good luck on taking that From cock all the way in, I believe in you.

>Where did I say WoH isnt canon, its where canon peaked and ended.
Canon doesn't begin/end where you say it does autist.
>wow you walk on water you can make sound.
As I said, from the very first tenchu sound was a part of the stealth mechanics, you said it wasn't. As the series progressed it encompassed even more sound based elements. You're full of shit.

Shadows literally do conceal you and make you harder to spot. Again you said it didn't have shadow based stealth, it does.

You literally don't know shit about the series and it's painfully obvious.

I dont get it

Attached: bubble dubble.gif (220x220, 367K)

piss off another pure action game and I'm done with From Software.

this
so much this

>no circle + R1 spam for brainlet
stay mad you souls casual

>TENCHU stealth is so awesome the enemies can't even look vertically. ("inb4 in muh FS they can")
Even the enemies in Tenchu 1 can look vertically, and imagine using a cop out like "the enemies can't do X, except in a bunch of games, but those don't count because I said so".

The absolute state of you.

>From is in an enviable position where they don't have to rely on nostalgia or franchise recognition.
Are they really though? So far every new release is just another spin on the same old Souls formula and Sekiro is no exception to this. Sure, they might have said that Sekiro is completely different than Souls games but in the end, that's absolutely not the case and most of the shit it did to differentiate itself is basically a gimmick, stealth being the biggest one.

Don't get me wrong, I love Sekiro, but From doesn't get out of its comfort zone at all and it shows. They are in no position at all to not rely on franchise recognition or something like that as long as they keep pumping out these kind of games.

wtf are you talking user?

Attached: 1554320051124.gif (265x200, 2.73M)

>casual

Shitiro is legit shit and has zero content and replayability.

Attached: 1548910445809.jpg (3440x1440, 538K)

>People poking holes in your bullshit left and right
>You just go full retard mode
Imagine my shock.

>Yea Forums filename
Keep seething, Soulstard. I'm sure you'll manage to beat Ogre at some point. Lol.

huh?

honestly i'm waiting at this point for an Armored Core spinoff

Attached: 16819986563.png (650x600, 308K)

>does not use Yea Forums x
kek newfag

>Sekiro plays nothing like Tenchu, for better or worse.
You never played Tenchu, fucking retard.

Attached: 1539287329870.jpg (480x272, 31K)

Not sure what Yea Forums x has to do with the fact that you saved someone else's screenshot and tried to pass it off as your own.

>it's not your screenshot
it's ok user.

Attached: 1550322776444.jpg (240x240, 6K)

>Shitload of demons, soul eating swords that open up gates to the underworld, giant snakes, immortality cycles, whale sized carps and slugmen are totally in the same league as martial art flicks gimmicks
Don't you have homework to do, little tim?
>Do you know the meter on the left corner?
The ki gauge numbers only tells you how close you are to an enemy, then you have coloured states that indicate whether:
>You're in the clear (Green)
>You've been spotted (Red)
>Enemies are in alert status (Blue)
>Enemies are aware of your presence (? symbol)
The Ki gauge tells you nothing about your actual visibility.
I played more than you, and your picture proves absolutely nothing, fucking retard.
Sekiro lacks something as simple as the Ki gauge, the enemies in Tenchu do not magically respawn, of the three items present in that PSP screenshot only two have a rough equivalent in Sekiro which also work completely differently from how they work in Tenchu.
Tenchu games are also mission based with a ranking system for your stealth performance instead of having a Souls-like open world structure with poorly implemented stealth that doesn't matter and more open fight-centric gameplay, you don't resurrect either in Tenchu game or respawn after falling into a bottomless pit either.

But sure, Sekiro totally plays like a tenchu game because you can hug walls and have classic ninja tools, you drooling retard.

Attached: NO MORE HUGS, ONLY EXECUTIONS NOW.jpg (528x822, 352K)

I stealth through 90% of areas in sekiro

Retarded frogposter

Sekiro sounds like it'd be better than a modern day tenchu anyway

sekiro originally started as a tenchu game, but they decided they wanted to just make a new game

If it has a level editor

I mean the stealth sucked shit in Sekiro and the AI is completely fucking broken and retarded.
So yeah, if they can learn to make good stealth and AI I guess letting them do a Tenchu game would be fine.

>I WANT MY OLD PS1/2 ERA GAME STRUCTURE OTHERWISE IT'S NOT LIKE TENCHU REEEEEEEEE
Why are you so fucking dumb?
Of course it's not exactly like Tenchu, it's called Sekiro, but it's still a modern Tenchu.
If you can't think of Tenchu while playing Sekiro then you probably never played a Tenchu game in the first place.
Also, even if a proper "Tenchu" game was made today, you will still call it shit because of the new ideas and modern approach (exactly like Sekiro).
You want things that are stupid in a modern game, so just launch an emulator nostalgiatard.

>the stealth sucked shit in Sekiro
No, only the AI was shit, cleaning areas with stealth kills is perfectly fine.

>The Ki gauge tells you nothing about your actual visibility.
the Ki actually tells you if you will be visible.
At 35 (I think) and below the enemy will see you

No. I want new games.

The stealth is literally hide in tall grass Horizon-tier. Don't kid yourself.

No? I never hide in grass to do it.
You can run behind the back of the ennemy, jump on him, use your ninjustsu to chain your stealth kills.
It's ok. Would be better with a good IA that you can trick.

Tenchu is clearly defined by its rigid mission based structure you fucking retard.
This is without considering how Sekiro is nothing like Tenchu mechanically, it is focused on open fighting instead of stealth, Tenchu revolves entirely about stealth outside of the boss battles, stealth is mandatory, not a half assed option only useful to avoid mashing R1 on mooks for two seconds or so, of the few common tools Sekiro shares with Tenchu none of them work like they do in Tenchu, because the game is fundamentally different in basic design choices.
>If you can't think of Tenchu while playing Sekiro then you probably never played a Tenchu game in the first place.
Again, I played more Tenchu games than you, which is why I can tell that Sekiro plays nothing like it, I'm not such a retard that I think about tenchu whenever I play a game about Ninjas, Ninja Gaiden isn't like Tenchu, Shinobi isn't like Tenchu, your only argument about Sekiro being similar to Tenchu is sharing some basic bitch stealth mechanics and classic ninja tools, where the fuck have you seen things like mikiri or perilous attacks in Tenchu? Where the fuck have you seen bonfires in Tenchu? Where the fuck did you have weapon arts in Tenchu?
The only modern games that play like Tenchu are Shinobido/Shinobido 2, period.
>you will still call it shit because of the new ideas and modern approach
No, I won't, otherwise I wouldn't play the Shinobido games, which are the logical evolution of the series.
A modern approach to Tenchu isn't turning it into a watered down Souls game you goddamn idiot, what if in ten years FROM goes back to Souls and turns it into a mission based game with exclusive focus on swapping gear bought from shops and no character levels like Armored Core? Nobody would fucking consider it a proper Souls because it would work nothing like it.
>You want things that are stupid in a modern game
I want a proper stealth game with Ninjas, not a generic souls expy with for ADHD kids.

can someone post the born to die twice ashina is a fuck thing

>it is focused on open fighting instead of stealth
>can literally clean areas with stealth kills
So, you didn't play Sekiro too.

Attached: 1554709845374.jpg (500x523, 70K)

Demon's Souls really isn't that great and I don't know why people keep saying it's better than Dark Souls. Is it because it's the cool kid opinion?

>where the fuck have you seen things like mikiri or perilous attacks in Tenchu?
So, because the battle system of Sekiro is better than the shit we got in Tenchu, it's not like Tenchu?
You are brain damaged my dude.
>Where the fuck have you seen bonfires in Tenchu?
It's just a fucking tool because the game is an open world retard.
You are still bitching about the game structure while you could totally make a mission based game with the different areas of Sekiro.
The only difference is that Sekiro is a modern game while what you want is old and less interesting.
>Where the fuck did you have weapon arts in Tenchu?
Your only argument is that because the game add new things, it's not Tenchu.
That's why you will shit on a modern Tenchu anyway, you are just the worst kind of "fan" around here.

I have around 100 hours in Sekiro.
I did countless webms for the threads and I post often in the help threads too, getting mad at scrubs who don't know how to play the game, hell, most of the reaction images reposted around were made by me.
>>can literally clean areas with stealth kills
Retard, there is no incentive in using stealth in Sekiro, enemies outside of bosses are pushover that die to R1 spam and the enemy placement is all over the place outside of the rare parts where they bothered, like Fountainhead Palace, or gimmick fights like the Vilehand miniboss with its marionette bait sidekick.
This is without considering how there's enemies you cannot kill with stealth, like those wall ghosts in the serpent cave or the fact that after you beat the divine dragon Ashina turns into an open battle ground.

In Tenchu stealth is mandatory since your rating suffers if you don't act like a ninja and stay the fuck hidden, in Sekiro I can just put some eurobeat and run all over the place at 50 mph, alert the entire world and not get punished for that, because it's not a stealth focused game like Tenchu, Hitman or whatever else, there's no incentive or reward for playing stealthily, the enemies don't even react to the corpses of the buddies you kill and you can't even carry and hide those corpses to avoid alert, hell, not even the ceramic shards work because enemy AI is completely fucked so why would you even need to be stealthy in Sekiro?

Attached: The 4chan temple on Mt. Kongou.png (717x613, 562K)

>fresh new formula
>hub, so you can play the game in the way you want
>most of the cool ideas of DS are actually from DeS
>the second part of DS is not that good

Guess what? Everything you said is applicable to fucking Horizon as well. The stealth is bad. They can't have the gall to make a stealth game like Tenchu with the mechanics being as is.

>So, because the battle system of Sekiro is better than the shit we got in Tenchu, it's not like Tenchu?
Tenchu was never, ever focused on open fighting you retard, I could care less about the battle system being better than Tenchu because it was never the point, boss battles were the worst part of tenchu games because they were absurdly cheeseable jokes, they're only good for atmosphere and kino value.
>It's just a fucking tool because the game is an open world retard.
And Tenchu wasn't an open world series to begin with, retard, which is you can't compare it to Sekiro, the fundamental game design is different.
>The only difference is that Sekiro is a modern game while what you want is old and less interesting.
No, you're just a retarded underage who can only have fun with generic clones instead of playing something with an actual identity, go back to your battle royale garbage.
>Your only argument is that because the game add new things
No you fucking imbecile, my complaint is that the game TAKES OUT THINGS, I'm all for adding new stuff to the games, but Sekiro LACKS BASIC GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS, which you can't fucking understand because you're a retarded soulsdrone that turned what little brain you ever had to begin with into mush after years of mindless R1 mashing.

>acting like if the stealth of Tenchu was good
Just stop.

>pleb opinion

Noone does. Dark Souls is pretty unanimously considered the better of the two. They have extremely different structures and systems.

I'll grant that they're more similar than like, Dark Souls and Bloodborne, but the thing they have most in common is simply the western fantasy visual aesthetic.

>Tenchu was never, ever focused on open fighting you retard
You could still do it in Tenchu, Sekiro has a better battle system, that's all, and you can still clear areas with stealth kills too.
>And Tenchu wasn't an open world series to begin with
HOLY SHIT, OF COURSE SINCE IT WAS MADE IN THE 90s
>which is you can't compare it to Sekiro, the fundamental game design is different
Game Structure =/= Game Design, fucking retard.
>No, you're just a retarded underage
30 is underage now? I played Tenchu in 98 by the way.
>who can only have fun with generic clones instead of playing something with an actual identity
No, I enjoy games for what they are, it's called Sekiro and I still can find what I like in Tenchu in it.
>LACKS BASIC GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS
Everything is here.
>which you can't fucking understand because you're a retarded soulsdrone that turned what little brain you ever had to begin with into mush after years of mindless R1 mashing
Oh god, you should kys, you are literally brain damaged for your supposed age.

And by the way, I played Tenchu in 1998 dumbass.