Why is it that on sites like reddit and other gaming forums...

Why is it that on sites like reddit and other gaming forums, the community almost always thinks Vice City was the best GTA, whereas Yea Forums overwhelmingly prefers San Andreas? What gives?

Attached: sa5.png (512x512, 34K)

>Yea Forums is one person

synthwave faggots who automatically love anything set in the 80's. There's plenty of those on Yea Forums as well but throw in contrarians and you see more and correct support for SA.

San Andreas was babbies first GTA so of course Yea Forums likes it more

San Andreas isn't as clunky as Vice City

I prefer VC when it comes to music, setting etc. SA is objectively better and more diverse, not to mention it's a pretty lengthy game.

And this person is DSP

Attached: based_DSP.jpg (1143x709, 90K)

>The length of time between Vice City's release and today is LARGER than the length of time between the game's release and the year it was set in

Attached: 1528665127464.png (457x396, 184K)

This. It's an inferior game in all aspects except area amount and pointless shit to do. It's full of bugs, rushed, nonsense plot and lacks the decent humour.
I remember it being sold at a discounted price on release nost likely because it was incomplete and buggy as fuck. It lacked polish

Attached: 1523988036669.png (474x711, 90K)

There are tons more Mexicans on Yea Forums than any other vidya forum.

Are you talking PC ver or PS2? PC port was sort of fucked up and didn't support gamepads.

reddit is racist that's why

>overwhelmingly
Read, nigger.

VC had the best aesthetic/radio/main character, but as a game SA is way better.
If you were to never replay them and all of your memories were from 15 years ago, I would understand liking VC more.
SA > 3 > VC

How's 3 better than VC?

>bugged marriage mechanics lead to divorce that takes half of his stuff

The map is way better for one. VCs map is the worst they've ever put out.
There is also that 3 has no in game map, and the mini map is basic, so if you play it a while you learn the map in your head unlike later games and you get a real connection to the environment.
But for me, 3 feels a ton better to 100%. It's harder in general and the rewards feel huge. There is something about getting really good at 3 and feeling like you are mastering that game that SA and VC don't have.

GTA III had a somehow decent OST with catchy songs and the towns ridden with nuisances
Vice City had a good OST, the city was pure shit
San Andreas had dindus and a crappy OST
Anything past San Andreas for me doesn't exist, I grew tired of GTA games after it so I don't fucking care about them no more

>bugged
It's working as intended.

>so if you play it a while you learn the map in your head unlike later games and you get a real connection to the environment
But VC is so miniature you can learn the map just fine. SA on the other hand is gigantic and at times makes it difficult to wrap your head around as to where the fuck are you in the game so you rely on the in-game map more than on your personal knowledge of the in-game world.

Is anyone here old enough to have played GTA 1 and 2? I used to think 2 was great, but I played it again recently, and it sucked. The controls were garbage, and the way the screen zoomed around while driving was terrible.

Thinking about it, vice city is the best for me. However, I'd rather get something completely new rather then another Vice City. The time period it was set in made it what it was & there's no way they'd choose the same time again

They'll give you modern day VC with zoomer memes, smartphones etc

I did on ps1. That rep system was kinda cool, luring cops to your gang's territory so they could take them out for you was fun.

>San Andreas had a crappy OST
t. idiot

>This. It's an inferior game in all aspects
Absolute state of this post. San Andreas and Vice City are both 10/10. Vice City is a bit barebones now though. Every GTA after SA has been trash.

Played them on PS1 (and if I remember correctly, also the GTA London game). Never got around "completing" them because it was just kind of fun to mess around, though the games were kinda crappy to play due to top-down view.

>San Andreas
>crappy OST
sorry the 90s didn’t have sailor moon remixes or Sakura idol osts

They think it's racist

Which game had the worst selection of radio songs? Not counting PS1 titles.

>going from kangaroomary to tammi faye
Yikes!

V

>implying communities don't always have a common consensus

VC's soundtrack rules but it killed it for me a little to discover how small the map is, and the second island is pretty lacking compared to the first.

You can do more in San Andreas.
>baby
Typical retard comment. I started playing Halo with CE and 3 was my favorite. Then you all say the same thing.

I can agree that SA is the better game but VC is my personal favorite.

IV

V has a great selection if your taste isn't basic af or dude 80s lmao tier

atmosphere
III > SA > VC
story
SA > VC > III
gameplay
SA > III = VC

Attached: 5560portland-docks.jpg (800x600, 51K)

GTAforums also likes San Andreas more

>atmosphere
>III
Everything about III fucking sucked

t. chimp who didn't listen to K-DST

eat shit faggot

No you

>Nostalgia nigger

YOUNG HEARTS BE FREE TONIIIGHT

people who use nostalgia as a retort should be shot

>Everything about III fucking sucked
It was good for its time, game's from 2001 and if you look at 2 you'll see how big of a step up GTA 3 was.

Looks like dogshit compared to Vice City,

they looked exactly the same, but vice city was less fun to explore

Attached: vO7lRZ7.png (621x702, 56K)

Cope

DUDE NEON PINK, PALM TREES, AND SHITTY 80S POP ROCK LMAO xDDDD

Bad graphics or color palette? What do you mean when you say "looks like dogshit"? If it's the former then you're lying to yourself as those games share the same engine and looked absolutely identical tech wise. If it's the latter then it's supposed to be that way. Just the mood of Liberty City. Muted colors, darker and colder vibes. Look at 4 for example.