ITT: Ruined characters

ITT: Ruined characters.

They should have kept DMC1 Dante as he was (including the VO) and let Nero be the cuhraaazy prankster instead.

Attached: C76C4C39-1287-455D-B3AE-A3D83383CB02.png (300x500, 119K)

ok matt go make videos

No. DMC1 Dante is trash and should remain buried.

Excuse me?
Dante and Nero both got HOT AS HELL in 5
FIGHT ME

Dante was at his best on dmc3, uncle Dante was great too.

What makes you say that? He was a legitimately cool character in DMC1 whose attitude fit the title of DMC better than any incarnation of him since.
Dante looks good in 5 but I can’t get over his awful, AWFUL fucking voice.

Attached: CCEDB6AE-D5FE-4743-B384-ED60628AED33.jpg (1696x902, 139K)

>Uncle Dante
I take your opinion and I wipe my ass with it.

DMC1 Dante was like an anime protaganist from the '90s before the Japs lost their balls and forgot how to make cool characters like Gene from Outlaw Star.

Attached: ezgif-1-6745c20402f6.gif (400x308, 2.5M)

I like DMC3 Dante the best, the problem is that they tried to retcon Dante into the same character even after 20 years

I dont know what type of a mememaster is required to think that the retconned (personality wise) Dante isnt worse than the DMC3/ 1 incarnations and even Vergil shows those symptoms of stagnation that make zero sense for a 40 year old samurai man. Dante being wacky with the weapons fits his character but he should have gotten more subdued and actually insulting to the demons in a more clever way the older he got rather than dishing out preschool tier "puns" while screaming WOO HOO YEAAA when he dodges an attack

I don't always agree with Matthew but he was right on the money with Dante, too bad Viewtiful Joe is the closest thing they ever made to an actual sequel.

Attached: CatTSC3W0AAdxlW.jpg (353x500, 81K)

now that the dust has settled its time to rate the fanbase of the franchise (from worst to tolerable):
1) kamiyafags (DMC 1)
2) 4babbies (DMC 4, this includes turboautists and inertiafags)
3) Vujos
4) DmCucks (DmC)
5) nostalgiafags (3/3SE)
6) nuDMC (DMC 5)

Attached: 1553063380361.png (569x450, 266K)

This. DMC3 perfectly made Dante entertaining but arced him into his 1 personality pretty flawlessly. While him being OOC in the anime and 2 can be chalked up to Vergilpression, him being wacky woohoo in 4 and 5 really doesn't fit

DMC3fags are just memers who can only enjoy things ironically, a genuinely cool character like DMC1 Dante is lost on them. See, no one on Yea Forums actually enjoys DMC for what it is, they just meme it into something they can digest and regurgitate among themselves to feel like they're part of some secret club. DMC1 is too earnest for you faggots.

Attached: xbXc5MP.jpg (1024x768, 310K)

Can someone post a pic of Nero’s devil trigger ass, please I need it for a friend

Nero would not exist without 3 so you are a fucking moron.

100% nostalgia goggles. DMC3 Dante is a much deeper and more well-realized character than DMC1 Dante.

Isn't he more serious in the anime. In which DMC5 actually acknowledged?

I think it's more DMC4fags and DMC5fags, DMC3 Dante had his earnest and deep moments when he WOKE UP TO JUSTICE, completing his arc into becoming who he was in DMC1

dante in dmc was just a leon reject for a scrapped resident evil 4 draft. 3 is when he gained his own character. deal with it you uncrazies.

Imagine thinking DMC1 Dante was anything more than pure unapologetic lazy writing and cliches

Holy shit the projection.
If you consider how legitimately fucking dumb a huge chunk of Yea Forums is nowadays, it's not surprising they can't tell the difference in storytelling quality between 1 and 3.

this

The Cuhrazy aspect about Dante is what makes him unique and the coolest vidya character ever.

I mean can you name anyone similar to Dante from a non-dmc game?

Attached: give that to me.png (1920x1080, 3.26M)

I can't complain about Dante so much when Nero is so insanely fucking boring, jesus fucking christ. I hate that he continues to be pushed as the main character. He's such a fucking boring straightman to everything happening, yet tryhard at the same time.

It stands out even worse when V comes out of nowhere with more defined, consistent characteristics that are usually more entertaining.

gene in god hand

fug

okay how about a non capcom game

Shut the fuck up Kamiya you washed up hack

>Kumiko Suekane will never draw Dante ever again
This hurts so much

Attached: Full_Injured_Frederick_(Ylissean_Summer) (1).png (1684x1920, 386K)

I'd say Terry Bogard from Fatal Fury/King of Fighters comes at least close.

BLOCKED

seething

Attached: boomer matt.jpg (361x438, 38K)

Attached: 2a46b207406e1c6d11b7be34be5ce63b.jpg (1600x1200, 154K)

>matt has shit opinions
In other news, water is wet.

what a dumb thread

Attached: 1535028346647.jpg (304x400, 81K)

Wrong. It may have been a Resident Evil 4 at one point, but that doesn't mean it was going to be anything like the one we got. The character itself was always considered to be Tony Redgrave before the name change.

Attached: Dante & Trish.jpg (524x905, 368K)

This concept art always fucks me up, it's just so surreal and expressionistic

why the fuck is trish's arm doing that
why are her legs doing that
where is half of dante's body
why is there a demonic skull floating over them

where in the fuck is trish's face

Right now it's
dante cocky and crazy
nero angery kid
vergil samurai honor
and V classy faggot

so with that change, 1 was cocky but kind of serrious, dunno, badass I guess, and nero would be crazy, honestly im fine whatever dunno

Wow hey guys did you know I S ranked everything in DMC1 DMD? This means my opinions about the other games I'm not as good at are more valid! I'm in no way bitter I got my ass handed to me in later entries, or that I don't have the time I had to master games like when I was a kid anymore, remember, old game best new game bad!

Imagine if you was Dante and had yourself taken over by some unseen outside force and relegated to a discount ninja turtle hobo. Yeah, i'd end it too. First just a little bit of moondust to numb the pain.

Attached: TrustNoOneNotEvenYou'reself.jpg (1024x740, 55K)

DMC1 is awesome, DMC3 is awesome, DMC4 is great. My opinion about the good DMC games end here.

have you not played 5?

Name 1 (one) thing that Dante shares with the Ninja Turtules aside from liking pizza

Obnoxiousness and immaturity.

Doesn't apply to DMC5 Dante, but nice try

shut the fuck up, dmc1 dante was barely a character

I agree 100%, DMC4 and 5 would have been a million times better with no nero or if nero was a side character or optional to play as, I can't find it in me to give a fuck about him, he's basically a permanent 3rd wheel

SSSoul

Attached: SSS.png (198x276, 76K)

DMC5 only ruined Vergil. No other character.

Attached: Vergil DMC5.png (524x971, 318K)

He was fine in three, because the whole point of his story was how he matured over the course of the game. But I agree with you about 4 (and maybe 5, I unfortunately have not had a chance to play it yet)