UNIST Thread

A reminder for what could have been

Attached: DVmcPMsX4AA16xo.jpg orig.jpg (1126x870, 166K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N3-c6_xd0p0&list=PLtm40gSL_OGyes2QHI038t98nDV6v5JIP
youtube.com/watch?v=ILz8QHhKHik&list=LLdHNSHxFQYFqsXVqpW5CJhA&index=6&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pass is vee

Attached: Dh91Q5qUwAAr_QT.jpg orig.jpg (702x360, 96K)

Mob boss keikaku Hilda could have been fun but crazy, voluptuous, dumbass Hilda is pretty good too.

I'm clipping that roll through the worms and overhead

Attached: D4CUCuBUwAAHNV0.jpg orig.jpg (1800x2240, 267K)

I was at Michigan masters this weekend, here's some highlights of what happened.
youtube.com/watch?v=N3-c6_xd0p0&list=PLtm40gSL_OGyes2QHI038t98nDV6v5JIP
youtube.com/watch?v=ILz8QHhKHik&list=LLdHNSHxFQYFqsXVqpW5CJhA&index=6&t=0s

Attached: JeyuMINatGuard2.png (558x558, 228K)

That's my big brain moment for the night. I had a hunch it would work and it did.

Nanasefriend looked over some tweets regarding MM, apparently JDR was talking mad shit to you/the midwest

Hope the lobby is still up by the time I can join. I just got roped into something else so I won't be available for abit!

I was busy last weekend and didn't watch it live. Did you end up making it on stream? Still need to watch the VODs.

I was only on stream for the 10v10, I went 3-2 in pools losing to miller2B and bearzerg a strong yuzu player

>losing to Vat
Should have been here to fight maiko and get that practice

Attached: D4R1kiNWAAELnaD.jpg orig.jpg (1788x1118, 146K)

I fucked up every dashblock, I looked stupid lol

Attached: image1.jpg (3024x3382, 2.62M)

I'd make a PC lobby, but I have 2 interviews tomorrow so I gotta go to bed early, sorry bros

Attached: 1555359427326.png (720x715, 627K)

I gotchu.
kw: pclobby

Attached: 1525017181681.png (501x388, 7K)

Aw man, why the fuck did I shield twice there?

So what is an in-birth really?
Why are they just an imitation of life?
Do voids not count as living creatures?
Do they literally die and come back when they get bit by a void?
If they don't use EXS and lose their powers, then are they actually human again or are they just in-births without powers?

>So what is an in-birth really?
Just by definition, someone who has both EXS and void energy in them.
>Voids not count as living creatures
As far as we know, they're just denizens of the other side of the Hollow Night along with people who become more raw EXS than they can handle
>Do they literally die and come back when they get bitten
Not exactly. They get a portion of their inherent EXS taken out and topped back up with something foreign
>human again or inbirths without powers
Human

Attached: September 28th Stream 1.png (1219x687, 402K)

I really want to try and use 4219a more but dia just instantly hits me out of it. It at least hippie gives me a chance.

Should I be dash blocking against you dia? Or is that just a way to get my killed? be honest.

Not sure what move it is, but in general, the matchup's a bit different. I'm always watching out for openings since I can't take the initiative against you without a risky move.

Probably not. If you do, you just end up playing the match on my terms. You do need to do a bit more run up pressure when you expect me to dashblock in though. Assaults also work, but not when it's the only thing you do, since I expect them now.

>people dropping off the lobby
I assume lamps got a 2nd lobby going or something

Made it back just in time to miss fighting H8s. Oh well, haha.

Kay, I was practicing dash blocking this morning thinking it might help but then I fought you and realized that there's no real point in doing it as Yuzu.
>Assaults also work
You've blocked every assault, they clearly don't work anymore.

I didn't see one, could be though

Like I said, that's because it's the only approach option you use. I've also been intentionally playing more cautiously the last few days so you'll run into more problems if you don't have more than one trick.

What would you recommend you mix you up then? I don't really understand what I can do at this point.

Thanks for coming back H8rs! I appreciate getting the opportunity to fight you once again after so long!

Attached: 1552033195368.jpg (1451x2048, 347K)

Hippie, is using Hyde's 66C to punish gaps in zoner blockstrings practical?

Depends who you're really fighting and how far/close they are.

Just grabs and close range pressure, and only once in a while. If you have more than maybe a throw's life lead, you really don't have to try to open me up at all.

>Hilda
>Black and white clothing
What is this Pokemon concept art?

I suppose, though every time I try to run up and pressure linne can just instantly hit me. I don't know how that works when I can't do that after waking up.

Did you bother to read the thread topic, user?

Attached: 31717394_p5.jpg (600x600, 337K)

Was more interested in the practicality of performing that microdash motion after downbacking. Icy claims it's impossible so I suggested that you would probably Hyde's 214B instead, which he believes will beat out Yuzu while in stance

Was hoping that hearing it directly from you might help change his mind

This answer probably won't be all that great since my mind is focused on something else.
66C usually works to catch people mashing out with lows since it has foot invincibility. From afar, it's a bit slow but I'd probably try to throw it out to catch someone since it's range is considerable.
In the context of fighting such a twitchy yuzuriha like icey though, I'd probably opt to just 3C or 214B because he's addicted to up-backing. Stances moves are fast as shit and it's really just up to a lucky call-out for me to try and beat it I feel.
I don't feel like anything I say or you say would change his mind though. 4 different people told him Enkidu dies to Yuzuriha and he doesn't give a shit what they think.

God I fucking hate that doing the IWEXS command can let you break a throw. That's horse shit.

Linne can do an AA/throw OS just by pressing A+B+C+D if she doesn't have 100 meter.

I never said any of this. He is misunderstanding.

Is the PC lobby gone?

She can do it with 100 meter if you plink too. I just happen to fail at it more than I succeed and Veil off or get smacked.

To be fair, I'm pretty sure you're the sole cause of his trauma

>66C has foot invincibility
Had no idea. That does not look like a foot invincible move

This is news to me (assuming using IWEX command to throw tech actually works).

Also, somebody needs to break my win streak already. I feel like I'm getitng alot of fortunate events happening to make this happen.

Attached: 1549612466107.png (1032x1457, 255K)

It's up. We're at 3/8

Nah still up, kw: pclobby

>foot invincible
Take note, it's only at the tail-end of the move.

I was mashing the IWEXS when I knew he was going to mash something and a throw came out instead. Fucking stupid as hell.

>DS4 now gets a "USB device malfunctioned" notice on PC when plugged into the usual port
>doesn't get detected when I plug into a different port
>my old, year-old DS4 gets detected immediately when plugged into the usual port
Jesus Christ, first my cable and now this. There must be a conspiracy around preventing me from playing on PC without issues. Guess I'll go on PSN as usual since I can't be bothered to troubleshoot this now.

You managed to take out our local Yuzu in the 10v10 though, that's pretty good.

Attached: fuck me.png (321x19, 2K)

Even though I lost, I feel extremely dirty for assaulting in this lag

Damn, sai looks like he's on a fucking roll tonight.

I must have missed something about MM's notoriety if people flew out from WC to participate.

Nah, that Yuzu just flies out to a lot of locals. He was at a Boston one a couple months ago for instance.

It seems all good things must come to an end, haha.

I'll take my 10 win streak with pride!

Attached: 1552635378191.jpg (800x800, 99K)

not showing up, must be a region thing

Yo what the fuck? Why did I win? Did you thrust that match? I can't remember, if not then I guess it wasn't a real win.

Guys, how's Akatsuki in serious UNISTest? I love playing him. Played few online games and managed to beat the shit out of people but they seemed like they were learning the ropes while I had trained for a while.

Or maybe it was New York actually, forgot.

I didn't thrust but that was a legit win because I can't dashblock for shit and lost a bunch of scrambles.

Nah, it's not real since you could've just thrusted at me and won.

Fucking impossible to get off you in the corner because ridiculous safety in his buttons.
Struggles to get in but he's got a double jump and 1 frame parry to have a bit easier than the others.
Shits out damage

B Tatsu!

You wouldn't believe how plus this is if I spend the meter

Attached: Gordj236X.png (964x688, 195K)

I mean I haven't been using overheads either, but a win against me thrusting but not using 6B (so how I was playing against you previously) would be just as real. You couldn't have won like this months ago when your slashing was a lot more predictable and you woke up with 4B and VO/IWEXS all the time, take it as a sign of your progress.

I didn't expect you to start the round with that. I was totally expecting the ground moves. What trickery is this and how do you make use of it?

ggs everyone. Need to head to bed.

TK
Air specials that aren't divekicks/projectiles are a blessing.
GGs

Attached: Dfe5dxaVQAA78Yw.jpg orig.jpg (959x1090, 155K)

GGs!

Akatsuki destroys people online who don't know how to deal with him.

For some reason it feels so satisfying to get throws in on atic even though I should be doing more than that. Next time I'll aim for some shield break pressure if I can.

Finally got a basic meterless 214A CH conversion in a real match instead of freezing up like usual. Now if only I could do the better 2C > 5C and 3B conversions instead of autopiloting to the baby one

I can't believe you blocked that IW hippie. I thought I had properly baited it.

>2.6k off a command grab in vorpal and VO

Attached: 1492388968689.jpg (773x898, 98K)

I jumped instead of assaulting.

I thought you would go for the belllyflop, maybe in another universe you did and I would've won the round.

>twice hippie avoids Yuzu IWs

What a lucky man.

This or Centralfiction?

Tekken 7

To elaborate, which one has better waifus and singleplayer gameplay? I don't plan on getting too good. Just good enough to start beating AI on the hardest difficulty. I like Skullgirls and King of Fighters if that helps narrow things down.

Depends what you find fun in a fighter.

Attached: 66754804_p0.jpg (1000x1440, 648K)

To buy? What platform? There's a sizable amount of PC players here if you're considering and a fair amount of regulars on PS.

CF is $10 on Steam though and you may find more players elsewhere (such as discord and /afgg/).

>waifus
An overwhelming amount of Blazblue girls are awful in my opinion but it's got way more fucking things to do solo compared to UNIST so if singleplayer is important than CF is the way to go.
>KoF
UNIST might have the pace you might like in that regard at least.

Attached: Best Girl.jpg (1024x576, 58K)

Already have it. It's great, but I never watched Walking Dead or played anything older than Tekken 5 or 6 (whichever one that had the double dragon/fatal fury mode and Lili, can't remember exactly) so I haven't gotten any dlc for the game.

That had to hurt.

Ah I shoulda known you'd backdash, oh well.

>fuck up every single 3BAD attempt
Oh my God. I appreciate Icy assaults a lot so I can actually practice them though.

i only own the game on vita
sorry````

You'll get alot of SP content out of Blazblue for sure and as stated earlier, it should still be on sale for really cheap (+Jubei if you want him is also cheap right now).

oh is that way you grabbed for some random reason in round 1? At least the matches are fairer now, though I do depend on assults a lot more, but I've also been doing more 8 2c 5a's so that's good. I'm not really good at jumping in since I usually assault.

God fucking dammit

Blazblue of course wins single player content and waifus by both count and variety, though the jury is out on quality.

You know though, you get more out a fightan game waifu if you can body other players with her

I feel ya broski (except I haven't gotten nearly as close to that tonight yet, but I know what ya mean!).

gg pc

Well that's why I kept getting CHed on most of your assaults, the 3B wasn't coming out or came out too slow. I really need to practice these.

GGs dude.

That was an interesting juggle with Seth.

I think doing some no slashing matches would do me some good. I forgot how differently I play when I'm not slashing, plus I always learn something new.

Look at what you did atic

No Icy, stop. While me not thrusting is actually a part of better Orie neutral, Yuzu not slashing is like trying to play Carmine without blood moves, that's ridiculous.

WHY doesn't he remember that he went on a months-long streak of stagnation and ineffective switching between different sub characters the last time he tried no slashing, and then he improved drastically and quickly once he finally picked it back up?

It's not like it's the first time I've done it.

But last time I did no slash/no teleport I ended up learning how to use my normals better.

I did it. I found atic's weakness

Don't shield if you're caught in a gem loop. You're gonna get GRD broken for sure.

Hooray! Hope I can find it out and abuse it too!

Jesus Christ that was a new low in failing to input 3BAD repeatedly and getting unintentional crouch tech shields every time

It's Thursday morning so I'll need to excuse myself soon. You guys can make a new lobby after this so I'll be having my last circuit of the night.

Attached: DAVUXrZW0AAtvR4.jpg orig.jpg (600x900, 51K)

Fuck, I didn't find atic's weakness

You did find my weakness, it's my inability to input 3BAD properly the vast majority of the time.

How am I supposed to learn how to bait out your shitty OSes like this. Do I just remain afraid to assault forever?

opps sorry about that 236c.

Your runup 2Cs did do a good job of baiting them though, those would've smacked the proper OS too.

Also keep doing assaults and throws if they work, there's no point in being afraid of assaulting when I can't pull it off most of the time. I have to prove to you I can do it before you stop.

You always input the AA-throw OS super early though, so I have to adjust my timing depending on if I think you're doing to do it

>I have to prove to you I can do it before you stop.
I mean I guess, but Orie damage makes me cry and leaves scars

>divekick
Best move in fighting games period. Also, thanks for hosting!

Also, think I'll take this opportunity to leave after watching the end of these fights. Probably gonna continue my grind to learn the basics of Guilty Gear as I have been since yesterday. GGs PS Lobby!

Attached: 1551235572439.png (640x640, 383K)

GGs

Attached: 72775309_p2.jpg (1542x846, 314K)

The secret to beating Atic is to annoy him until he loses his patience and starts taking risks.

I think I will do the no slash next week. It's fun, plus I might learn how to pressure properly if I do it. See you all next week. Thanks for getting me to try it out again atic.

Attached: DfE5SBXUYAA1UmV.jpg large.jpg (768x768, 114K)

ggs everyone, guess I'll call it a night too unless people are up for more.

Part of my problem is that I time it wrong. I shouldn't be doing it as early as I do a lot of the time, but then again maybe it's the netplay difference that is affecting my senses.

ggs

Icy I beg of you, please listen to your peers and don't. You've made improvements since my vacation, but is definitely not one of them

I'll make another lobby then, give me a few seconds

>inb4 "Who's icey?"

Icy stop, don't do this to yourself you've been having your best-ever period of improvement the past few months and you shouldn't tank it this way.

Also I agree with this. My other weakness is execution since I only have good execution like 40% of the time I show up and I need that patience in order to compensate for dropping things. Everyone at locals is so damn consistent with their combos and conversions while I still drop basic BnBs, so after I get things in order this month, I think I'm going to commit to specifically going into training mode every day to grind out execution. I haven't really hit the lab much in weeks.

I think it will do me some good honestly. when I try to rely on my normals after failing to slash properly I don't do very well. So I might as well learn what to do when I'm not slashing. Also who's icey?

So if I shield the first part of your 214X, do I always jump over?

GG's Melk, Is the dream dead on pc or did I just come back on a bad day?

GGs PC dudes. Small turnout today but still fun.

Yeah, or you can punish it if close enough I think as long as I don't go for the ~A followup as a hard callout. There's a twitter post showing all the punishes I think

PS had a smaller lobby tonight to just so you know.
Might be a busy time for the people who still have university.

Makes sense. I personally only have one class left.

Converting from 2C 5C into delayed 4C is hard, my muscle memory keeps kicking in and I can barely land 2Cs on you in the first place

Let's go to 20 games

ggs atic

Even though you're still winning, please thrust too next time. I need to practice for Evo as well

ggs, I will next time. Since our connection is so nice at a rock-solid 2f, I'll treat you like a guy from locals and even mix in some 6Bs occasionally since it seems a lot of players here forgot how to watch out for the oriehead in the Orie MU after I stopped using it.

That was sort of a bust in the dashblock/3BAD practice department though since I pretty much repeatedly failed at both and won from just pressure stuff. At least I managed to get in a few IW punishes. You're getting pretty good at sniffing out potential Orie pressure enders.

Don't worry, I can't block Orie's 6B offline either

Neither can I except on a good day. I think it still gets easier with more exposure so let me know whenever you want me to 6B in our matches as well.

is your room NA

I'm EU and don't see it

Attached: 1417908281855.jpg (1280x720, 37K)

Both PS4 and PC lobbies are already closed, but it's usually NA here