Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

Attached: 80768802-CDF1-48E6-9DFB-9B34B6879903.jpg (215x348, 24K)

no

yes
i have it

I played hundreds of hours on PC and if you have friends to play with then sure, on your own you'd better absolutely love killing endless waves of shit

Lots of fun if you have friends to play local with. Still enjoyed it by myself but I had a lot more fun when I got my buddies to play a campaign.

No they removed a lot of things from it like potions and shit, the game is streamlined to literal niggers and back. No more pot management, no more tp management, all gone.

Seethe

Absolutely! It's one of the best Switch ports, plays at 60fps and looks sharp, doesn't have a reduced number of enemies or anything

Go for it!

(another user here)
But seriously, is it much different from RoS version?
I played vanilla and RoS on PS3 (got plat on both, not that it matters but I had to write it for some reason) and PS3 version of RoS didn't get any updates. I know about new class, but did they add something to existing ones? You know, like fixing demon hunter so it's not so useless anymore.

If you have not played D3 yet I would say yes. Do not go into the game thinking it will be a d2 or PoE or even Grim dawn type game. The combat is incredibly smooth however, and the items are pretty good.

If you have friends definitely get it. If you like the genre and are looking for a game that has good feeling combat then you won't be dissapointed. However if you are looking for a game where each class has incredibly build variety or items outside of sets matter than I would skip out. Sets are way too overpowered and important making other items less useful.

>pot management
>tp management
>what are tomes

You are an absolute retard, the game is casualised but it's not due to those reasons, please do not comment ever again

>it's great with friends

Attached: 1493969928161.jpg (322x362, 33K)

It's not terrible (anymore) but if you're wanting a true successor to Diablo II, play PoE instead.

>game is shit
after switch release
>game is good
>go for it!
state of Yea Forums

Yes actually. Very swell game to have on the switch if you dont own it otherwise.

I bought it recently after burning out on Grim Dawn and I would not recommend it. I enjoyed going through it a lot but I was done the game in like 10 hours going blind and what I assume is slow, had a gear set around 20, and then there was nothing very interesting to do or aim for. I'm sure I'm missing a lot of stuff and there's more mileage to be gotten, but at 50 bucks there're a lot of other games to get with more payoff.

yes the switch version is better than the PC, i mean you can play it on the go

20 iq post

Ganondorf/10

if you buy it on a console other than switch it's like $20 which is a good enough price for the enjoyment you'll get out of it. not the best arpg ever but far from the worst

Play this instead

Attached: psx_diablop_screenshot.jpg (800x786, 140K)

>Pop Wrath of the Berserker and pretend you're Ganon

yes

desu I never really played D1&D2 but in the computer lab in highschool here and there. is it worthwhile going back? coming from someone who loved Guantlet and unashamedly D3 on console w couchplay and roommates

>Not playing superior female barbarian
The absolute state of this board.

Its not bad for a romp, but diablo 3 is a massively inferior successor to 2, and is subpar to POE.
Even grim dawn is superior to D3.

Attached: sonyahots.jpg (1280x720, 243K)

I wish I could get into PoE just so I'm playing an ARPG with regular support, but the game feels so convoluted when I try to start it up and whenever I watch people playing end game it looks like an epileptic fit.

That is one thing I will admit that's bad about POE. It gets way too freaking fast paced at high levels, so you're basically playing rocket tag, just shooting massive AOEs to one shot virtually everything and running around like sonic while doing it.
Enemies rely on one shot mechanics (the idea of a tank is anathema to the devs of the game) so the game is designed around the idea of you having on demand movement skills to avoid the one shot mechanics, so you're leaping around like a flea.
This means the game is heavily slanted against any melee characters at all; "Melee" in this game generally means "Throw down a totem that melees for you and scales off your melee attacks" or "Use a ranged AOE that you cast from your weapon". Actually CLICKING on something is seen as a death sentence as the game's just way too damned fast paced, so only AOE attacks that hit an area rather than being aimed at an actual enemy are viable.

This means its very good for ranged characters and is designed with them in mind, so the erratic nature isn't as disorienting. But just don't install the game if you want to be melee.

Old PoE was convoluted, it's actually casualized to hell and back now.

I want Diablo III gameplay with Grim Dawn mechanics under Path of Exile content. Hmph.

Yea,despite the flaws of the Diablo skills they're just the best to play with. Grim Dawn you feel week as shit and PoE is just screen after screen of 1 shots

PoE 4.0 or D4 if you want to stay hopeful ;)

>I want Diablo III gameplay

I think you need to explain what you mean by "Gameplay", and how you mean that differs from "Mechanics", as those two are very similiar.

>under Path of Exile content.
They can leave out path of exile's act 4 as far as I'm concerned, Sin and the whole "Its not a cosmic horror story, its just all humanity! All this stuff is perfectly knowable!" ruined the entire intrigue of the plot and world.

D3's skill system is unironically one of the worst and most toxic skill systems in ARPG history. It goes against the idea of impermanent characters that you build every level with new skills, and has you basically just do whatever the fuck you want because you can reskill at any point, and you can't even fully make your build until max level when they give you all the skills.
This is even before factoring in the "get to max level or get the fuck out" Factor in D3's skill system.

I don't understand Diablo 3.

There's no loot. There's no farming. There's no trading. There's no progression. There's no RNG. There's no builds or customization. There's no challenge.

There's just mashing a button and then getting the exact items tailored to your character dropped and then doing that over and over.

What genre even is this?

So is this game an endless loop of killing shit, get item drops,upgrade, and kill again

Attached: 1554986359367.jpg (514x558, 54K)

WOW style game with Tier armor crossed with a beat em up.
The Armor system is basically a tier set for each talent spec like how raid gear works in WOW.

No.
It's not for nothing that it's the biggest disappointment of the current era.

Was Torchlight 1 or 2 any good? I remember having fun being a cannon using engineer on 2 but only got far enough to beat desert zone

If it's

Torchlight was fun, but 2 honestly felt a little too mindless as the game went on.

>It gets way too freaking fast paced at high levels, so you're basically playing rocket tag, just shooting massive AOEs to one shot virtually everything and running around like sonic while doing it.
But that's sort of necessary. The game is based around RNG loot drops of the highest degree, & every league mechanic is gated behind RNG, crafting is pure RNG, so everything you could do requires massive amounts of farming. So to mitigate this, things move faster because your focus is on killing more and more monsters as fast as possible to maximize rolls of the dice.

If PoE was as RNG-gated as it is today & as slow to play as it was at launch, it would be fucking miserable. Grim Dawn is slow as fuck, but that's because there's SO much less RNG with the potential loot drops and it's designed around not blazing through thousands of mobs per hour.

>Enemies rely on one shot mechanics (the idea of a tank is anathema to the devs of the game
In PoE, things hit you extremely hard, so if you want to facetank things, you have to circumvent their mechanics via either out-healing yourself, massive amounts of mitigation, or self-buffing to infinity. The thing is, even with most "tank" builds, you still don't just facetank things like Shaper beams or slams because that's just not how it works.

>This means the game is heavily slanted against any melee characters at all;
This is currently true, but not for that reason. Melee sucks currently because it just doesn't scale nearly as well or make use of nearly as many good items in the meta as spells do. Melee is shit right because very few melee options provide ways to hit enough times per second to facetank big hits via Life Gain on Hit or other regen mechanics, because they removed old melee regen mechanics that were considered broken. Melee as a whole is getting a rework in the next major patch, though how they fix it is still to be seen, but the meta shifts all the time. It used to be that melee like Slayer was king.

D1 and D2 are great. Many would argue that is a step up from D3. You can get D1 on Gog and D2 from Blizzard. The only issue that you may have is that it's a bit dead currently unless you have friends to play with.

Honestly I kind of regret getting it.
I guess it's an Action/RPG, but there's no character building, inventory management is tedious af, and the boring, trite story is constantly shoving its ass all over the screen slowing down the game

Also I should add, the reason melee is falling behind in meta aside from damage scaling options and healing is clear speed. An argument can be made for Flicker Strike, but currently almost no melee skills offer the clear speed and safety of wiping multiple screens of enemies in a single shot.

That's why things like Tornado Shot, and too many spells to name, are so good is because if one click clears 3 screens away of enemies, then you don't need to worry about being hit.

There's a lot to blame for this, but it's mostly power creep and new items that basically only benefit casters.

no, buy titan quest instead

Alright, had it with all you fags hating on a perfectly good game.
Its combat system is incredible, and worlds above all other ARPGs of this time. It actually requires you to think and use more than just one ability, rather than braindead relying on a single skill on your right trigger the entire game. The multi-skill setup is engineered from the ground up so you will be expected to have multiple defensive and offensive skills to use in tandem with each other to stay alive, with mindlessly drinking health potions a thing of the past, the crutch removed. Even normally "Braindead" things like raising minions have been raised up to the sublime level of interactive skill and thinking, with you having to use and time your passive summon skill's active abilities for maximum output, and the same goes for things like auras and similiar effects.
The gameplay is smooth as butter, the bosses are interesting and rely on your avoiding programmed in scripted acts rather than just facetanking them while they whale on you, and the endgame is interesting and allows for infinite progression with the paragon system, which also might I add gives incentives for rolling new characters with the paragon points.

As for Loot, its no different from previous ARPG or diablo gear grinding: you endlessly grind for something SLIGHTLY better than what you had previously and replace it. That's literally *every* single ARPG up to this point, WTF are you even talking about it not existing. The bonuses to different skills are what make builds, just like previous uniques and gear did for old Diablo builds.
Put it best, fuck off that D3 is any different from others.

Why would someone spend so much time writing such a shitty post

The reason melee falls behind is that their need for defensive stats is the same as ranged, without any real compensation. When melee and ranged can all basically wear the same gear and use the same skills without any class buffing, its going to always be slanted in favor of melee.
They COULD solve this by making melee damage nodes inherently stronger than spell and ranged attack nodes, or baking in some defensive stats for free to melee nodes (like a +Melee damage node also gives +2% HP for free with its +melee damage), but this is seen as abhorent by the devs.

No.

S'fucking boring. Diablo 2 was already toeing the line with how little of consequence happens to keep you invested, but strings you along with that amazing plot. Diablo 3 just bores the fuck out of me on every level, art to gameplay to story.

I'm not a "spend the next 400 hours playing this" kinda guy though. One and done, thanks. And Diablo 3 didn't even keep me around for that.

Because its true. Refute it instead of saying "NUHUH" if you think its wrong.
Protip: You can't.

>I play games solely for stories
How bout you go read a book

I sure as hell didn't get through Diablo 2 for the gameplay, pal.

Again, I don't necessarily think that's entirely true, but we'll have to wait until they roll out their big melee rebuild which is going to be the next league patch I think. We'll see exactly how they choose to do it.

There's lots of simple, potential solutions that solve surface issues, but they don't solve the underlying problems. Even if you made every melee damage build inherently more tanky or survivable, you still have the issue of clear speed. How do you make the build viable if clearspeed is still meta? How do you make it worth playing, except maybe as a boss killer?

The issue is that lots of spells & ranged skills scale so much better because they focus on multiple projectile hits, which mean you can scale their damage with various shotgunning workarounds AND you can make them regen like a motherfucker. But melee very rarely has any options that allow multiple hits per attack. HOWA Double Strike was like, the closest to that and it's fallen out of favor for Molten Strike even AFTER Molten Strike got nerfed.

Right now Winter Orb is probably the most OP skill in the game because it benefits from so many different methods of support (channeling, attack/cast speed, projectiles, and FUCKING CONVERSION HOLY SHIT) to the point where Chaos conversion Winter Orb is deleting bosses right now, and this is AFTER the skill already got nerfed last league. Plus it auto-targets and shoots enemies for you so you can kill everything without ever being near them or even paying attention.

D3 was a pretty ok game even on release. I find it great on the switch since it's pretty mindless and simple but has enough flash and stuff to do.