Why aren't there more games set in ancient Greece?

Why aren't there more games set in ancient Greece?

Attached: greek.jpg (758x502, 114K)

What are Greek fire fighters best at putting out?

Greece fires

Attached: 1550543340343.gif (511x512, 105K)

it'd be a good setting for an open world RPG as the game world could be fairly small and realistically have several city-states in relatively close proximity to one another

seriously, and why the fuck won't games that have a plethora of swords to use ever add THE FUCKING KOPIS

Attached: add this you fucking shit giant.png (415x415, 61K)

>THE FUCKING KOPIS
because its not good for fighting
>ultima with a greek setting and 3.5e tactical combat
this would be the perfect game

I was thinking more like Mount & Blade combat but in a seamless world map

yeah, that's why they wont add it to video games. real smart dip shit. they add katana's in every other fucking game and you can sneeze on a katana and split it in half.

also the fucking kopis eventually took down the persians, so save your horse shit for your mothers desert. was an elite short sword for its time period.

>I was thinking more like Mount & Blade combat
mount and blade combat sucks pretty bad

Attached: 1545500675755.jpg (595x585, 283K)

>also the fucking kopis eventually took down the persians
swords are used as side arms, i dont know what the fuck you are talking about.

Attached: marathon.jpg (770x446, 77K)

t. terrible at Mountain Blade, even on Easy

because all games focused on melee combat are spear focused...ffs shut up. shut your mouth.

Too AESTHETIC.

>duuuude everything needs to be a dark souls action game for normalfag retards!
on the contrary, its too easy and the AI just usually just mashes into each other making a huge blob. its a bad game.

Swords are much more cooler than Spears faggatron

Because nothing interesting happened in Greece besides one decent war and a cultural revolution.

>Alexander the great
He was a faggot who committed border gore on sand tribes.

Now Rome and the reconquista of the iberian peninsula

That's where the kino

Attached: 1555365245377.jpg (1011x1024, 97K)

i wanna tear through enemys as some achillies type of clone or hero, or some shit. i want the fucking kopis. i want the greek armor, specifically the helms, with and without the that horse mane on top......i mean fuck already. whats taking so fucking long to get this shit.

would have loved to enter a dark souls type of universe as a ancient greek soldier that has to fight his way to glory.

Attached: git sum you shitbums.jpg (283x178, 8K)

>duuuude everything needs to be a dark souls action game for normalfag retards!

well, yes. yes that would be nice.

i don't want to play you're shittyass renaissance simulators.

I want a proper Roman game. A game where I can stroll through the streets of Rome at night and getting ambushed by robbers or getting mixed up in some political motivated riots and assassinate some senator while I'm at it.

Attached: pepenius.jpg (500x444, 49K)

bullshit

rome and spain and all those turds were fucking sheep when greece and persia were the big bois on the block.

but this is how it goes, one area gets their glory and becomes bored over hundreds of years, allowing the next angsty nation/territory to get motivated to do the same. everyone else is like, nah...did that already, already got that angst out of the system. you go ahead.

wash rinse repeat

> sand tribes
> the Achmenids Persians
You dumb motherfcuker, the persians were one of the firsts universal empire. Western Europe during the middle ages were less evolved than the persians during the achemenid empire.

Attached: 1498098913024.gif (625x626, 1.16M)

Patrician taste

how is a tiny short sword practical?
achilles mostly used a spear in the iliad. the only time I remember him going full retard with a sword was when he was swimming around in a river disemboweling people that weren't even fighting back. also pretty sure he used a xiphos. hell, the best kills in the iliad were with a spear, patroclus stabbing that one dude under the jaw and flipping him off the chariot or achilles thowing a spear so hard it hit a guy in the ear and popped out the other ear
they btfo the most powerful empire in the world while being hopelessly outnumbered and the macedonians conquered the entire known world and beyond. Julius modeled his life after Alexander.

Attached: e4d31cd47ebc50e8f16ed130e97eef30.jpg (500x458, 20K)

The byzantine greeks had fucking flamethrowers, why would you design a game around a shitty short sword?

Attached: Illustration-depicting-use-of-Greek-Fire.jpg (500x235, 39K)

Designing a flamethrower hitbox is too hard, for modern game desingners have another shitty run of the mill melee combat game

>because its not good for fighting
cringe

Dumb frogshitter.