We all know the remaster of FFX is quite bad, but how about FFX-2...

We all know the remaster of FFX is quite bad, but how about FFX-2? Since it has less moments with expressive models and less cutscenes as whole, it might be better off, no? Anyone here played both versions and checked out?

Attached: FF-X-X2-HD-remaster-1.jpg (640x360, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rkhsz4R7vfs
youtube.com/watch?v=H1k4Nl9Qj9w
youtube.com/watch?v=ihbsyTUPikI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

X2 is just as bad but the international version wasn't translated so you might want to play it. No reason not to emulate X though, the remaster is just worse.

Started th FFX remaster last night on xbone, there's a few small things that are annoying

>Everything speeds up for a fraction of a second during transitiom scenes
>People's bodies sometimes vibrate
>Teedus' eyes are cartoony

Other than little things like that I love the updated graphics and music. The menus are beautiful as well.

I also never played the international version so the additional abilities, weapons, etc are great. Can't wait for all the end game content I didn't get when I first played it on ps2

The graphics are wholly worse in the remaster.

character textures*
all monster models/textures, backgrounds, everything else is good. I'd even argue the non main cast that got touched up look significantly better.
But yeah the main cast look significantly worse.
the remastered music is way better than original, eat a dick.

I think they're fantastic especially all the added and beefed up "scenery" textures

Attached: IMG_20190416_183853.jpg (4032x3024, 2.8M)

I want to try modding FFX/X-2, specifically meshes and textures. What programs do I need to get started?

Attached: 1538319917458.png (1920x1080, 2.53M)

Ha Ha

It's not just the textures. The character models(in cutscenes) are just wrose so are most of the environments and the lighting is objectively worse, they literally removed it.
>the remastered music is way better than original, eat a dick.
Dog shit taste.
>I'd even argue the non main cast that got touched up look significantly better.
Worse as well.

Attached: HD is right.jpg (3812x1032, 504K)

Ah. Yes the character models are bleh but I'm loving it all the same

Other than a few personal quibbles with a few songs or instruments here and there I think you are right the rearranged version is overall better sounding

Cutscene lighting has definitely taken a hit, and that's from a fucking 2001 game.

Attached: PS2 on left.jpg (1900x508, 148K)

The model looks way better on the right, it's the textures that are too bright. Are you telling me the higher poly count, the more visible trachea, the more defined lips/noise are worse?
what the fuck, user.

This by definition is SOUL vs SOULLESS

Higher policount doesn't mean shit if the character looks like a simplified redrawn with fucked up palette and drastically different resting expression.

Who’s got a list of the differences between the remake and original?

>FFX
>Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts is an example on how slightly touched up models after obviously not being able to get the original files can look if not better (Ansem is washed up, so is Sora), equivalent. FFX is just straight fucked.

oh I am yikesin

Attached: Lulu HD on right.webm (1024x510, 2.8M)

Look on nexus mods, they usually have all the tools for that there. They do for 12 at least. Good luck getting those mouth breathers to help you out if you get stuck. They wont reply to any forum posts asking for help

The animations are the worst part.

For X there's no differences outside of the visuals and the new shitty OST. X-2 has more gameplay stuff since it's the international version but the visuals are worse just like X

Attached: crack cocaine.jpg (500x216, 25K)

Who the fuck was in charge of this remaster? This is making me angry.

I like new wakka, he doesnt look like a background npc anymore

Lulu is one of the ones that didn't get such a bad treatment, although she appears in emotion engine way less than other characters. My main problem with that clip would be that the palette and lighting is completely dumped.

I've also seen some of the rare prerrendered backgrounds and the redraws are not pretty.

The new one is on the right, user.

On the left, I mean. Brain fart.

Attached: Yuna.webm (540x508, 233K)

Attached: just fuck my color up.jpg (3724x3060, 2.38M)

The new on is on the right. You can tell by the hd textures on his headband

Attached: even her tits are smaller.webm (1756x1018, 1.72M)

Inevitable "I don't like her former face proportions and I like anime so the new one is better"

I did make a forum post asking but it seems pointless because there's almost no activity. I get that the modding scene is very small for X/X-2 but the lack of information is a real problem. If I could at least find out what programs I need then I could learn to use them and go from there but without even that then I'm really stuck.

Attached: 1464135712250.png (976x1072, 2.44M)

I'm willing to bet the new models are going to be a nuisance to slap textures over. Also, there's the thing about the lack of lighting on every single cutscene.

Attached: ffx hd on left.jpg (882x532, 123K)

kaldaiens tool probably

Attached: just kill me.webm (1418x1022, 245K)

Attached: lighting what is that.webm (1418x1022, 329K)

They probo wouldnt respond either way. 12 is semi popular right now still modding wise, and I asked when it was really popular. They just dont care and their descriptions are horrible for their mods. Its essentially "you gotta know this already cause I'm not tellin' lol" mentalities.

Either that or they are retarded. Someone made this fuckhuge FFXII mod that is supposed to be some ffxiv inspired thing?? I dunno, he did not explain jack shit about it and even when people asked him to fill out the description, its super vague and not clear.

They just outright changed his race.

Attached: cute.jpg (3764x1020, 791K)

Attached: X2nhie0.jpg (1476x2000, 276K)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1900x1004, 234K)

Attached: greatest love story.webm (1418x1022, 266K)

who? I don't remember this

Attached: bZWmd0J.png (1708x498, 640K)

Honestly, I'd be willing to at least attempt it. As a total amateur it'd probably look like ass the first time but I would keep at it until something decent comes out.
I'll check it out, thanks
Some parts are good, others not to much. It really depends on the community.

Attached: 1539194577529.jpg (1000x1270, 155K)

>le remaster looks worse than a 20 year old game

Take those nostalgia goggles off grandpa, the original had worse resolution than banjo kazooie

Meanwhile the same studio did XII Zodiac Age and it's almost flawless. X Remastered is this inexplicable case of JUST that will probably never be fixed.

12 is the best port square has ever done and the pc port is incredible. Whoever did those ports deserve a raise

And yet a 2001 game still clearly looks better and has better lighting than the remaster.

>inexplicable
It is explainable. They obviously didn't have the original assets, as with KH (which was in-house), so they had to make them up from scratch. With XII, they're working with the originals, and yet they kept fucking up the aspect ratio for some reason.

>Since it has less moments with expressive models and less cutscenes as whole
Is this true of X-2? I might buy if it uses the emotion engine less than the original.

>12 is the best port square has ever done and the pc port is incredible
it wasn't that good. runs pretty bad, graphics hampered in some aspects, without mods you have vignettes during cutscenes which is just awful

Attached: edgy potato.jpg (1516x2212, 496K)

>rip assets from the disc
>upscale everything
>repaint some of the gnarliest textures

It's not that they couldn't, it's that they didn't.

Runs great on pc. Not sure what you are on about. Had stable frames on console too. Has widescreen support as well. The letterboxing during cutscenes is the only objectively bad addition i can think of

>but how about FFX-2?
It's exactly the same. If you like the original game, you should have no problem with the remaster.

You weren't playing at a high resolution. It runs like shit for a PS2 game.
>Had stable frames on console too.
It literally ran at 30fps on PS4.

Visually it has some issues but I don't have many comparison pics handy.

Attached: crank up contrast and add blur.jpg (922x869, 78K)

You do know the definition of stable, no?

All of the lighting changes people post look better.

If Lulu don't got her creamy white tits that a hell naw from me. I've got X/X2 Remastered on my shelf haven't played it yet yikes.

I ran it max on pc, had consistant 60 fps

I'm saying it runs like shit. A 30fps P S 2 game on a PS4.

If you say so.

Attached: 1530736620824.jpg (1920x886, 344K)

She is the best ff girl

And also Refia

at 1080p. It's a ps2 game you should be able to get 144fps at 4k but you can't, at least with max settings. Maybe if you turned everything off it would run better, not sure

they nerfed Cat Nip and added a pair of new dressspheres. I also want to say there's a couple more super bosses but I don't remember

The retarded chink faces they gave FFX Tidus and Yuna in the remaster didn't cross over to X-2. They put in less effort and it is better for it strangely enough.

Are they trying to say Tidus was really Asian? He seemed pretty white to me?

Allright, I'm gonna look through some playthroughs to actually respond to OP.

By the comparison videos that exist , the emotion engine models are fucked in the same way X's are, but less so (Paine and Rikku look less egregiously bad than say Tidus). The palette seems to be better adjusted, but in some instances the lighting is gone fucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rkhsz4R7vfs
youtube.com/watch?v=H1k4Nl9Qj9w
youtube.com/watch?v=ihbsyTUPikI

but the real question. did they mess up the music? you know which two songs i'm talking about

The FMVs give them chink faces even in the originals. But they tried to mess with the gameplay faces to reflect it and now they look like asians that got stung by a bee.

graphically it's worse in the same ways. Lighting is gutted and the models and animations are worse. The gameplay is better though so you can argue in favor of it unlike X

Attached: 1515062184620.jpg (3824x1272, 727K)

Yeah, it's consistently worse. There's also an ISO of an english translated International Version floating around.

I don't think the music's changed.

Last I checked it wasn't finished, did it get updated?

>Old game good, new game bad

Attached: 1552770607349.jpg (546x565, 106K)

X-2 is when I dropped FF and never looked back.

the gameplay was really great

Are you retarded?

Oh, now that I've checked it's just a partial translation with most stuff translated.

I'll leave the notes here.

> TRANSLATIONS
Okay as far as translations are concerned I have translated as much story game stuff as I can (etc menus / mission dps / important txts)
Also I've tried to inc things like shop persons messages and barrier txts (like someone saying you can't go passed here) - hoever I didn't get them all

The Navimap mission dps have been mostly translated (to my knowledge there are about 14 missions I have not got)

Sphere Break has been translated aswell (except for the txts that are graphically hardcoded to the images)

All the Items / Key Items / Accessories / DSPs / GG / Abilities / Char Attacks / Enemy Attacks are translated

Most Coliseum Stuff are done with the exceptions of the chunky amounts of Creature Story txt and endings

Last Mission I have translated as much as possible (there are many stuff still not but I couldn't find the txt so if any is found while playing let me know and i'll sort it)
Cut scene subtitles sadly are not done (due to the announcement of the official version being released I just thought there was no point)

Also misc stuff like system msgs / in basttle msgs / General data have also been done

Sadly Blitzball / Scan Info Txt Box and most of Rin's Mystery hasn't been translated
Digging Payrise questions and Data Dealer Man hints are NOT translated

You cant get 144 fps because the max is 60

you can't even get 60fps at 4k

Remaster is great fuck you op

Attached: YCCPQkX.jpg (784x351, 84K)

delusion

Attached: JUST.webm (1418x1022, 318K)

Attached: ghzpmhi.jpg (482x818, 290K)