Digital games BAD

>digital games BAD
>physical games GOOD

Attached: john-video-game-house-fire.jpg.optimal.jpg (715x960, 224K)

Reminder

Physicalfags = piratefags >>>>>>>>>>> dumbshits >>>>>>> digitalfags

>physical games GOOD
it is true, just don't set it on fire

>server shits out
>millions can't access their libraries anymore

>digitalslaves STILL posting that image as their only argument

Attached: home.jpg (1000x669, 884K)

SEETHING

Attached: D8EBBA62-B73B-4137-AB88-DC70CF9BCB7D.jpg (2048x1536, 1.12M)

I bet if you post this one photo enough times everyone will throw out their physical collections. Keep up the good work user

>Warrior Within
Better see that copy of Sands of Time, mayo.

congrats op you now own exactly the same amount of games as that guy

>owning your games BAD
>not owning your games GOOD
lot of you corporate cock suckers here lately

Posting yet another Wojak image is not gonna make your retarded mindset any better.

Not knocking a physical collection, but the reason I went almost full digital the last few years is because I almost never replay old games. Always something new coming out. Even the games I do happen to jump back into, I don't stay long. Eventually that feeling of "been there done that" comes along after the itch has been scratched. I also hate the clutter. Sold all my physical collection and old consoles a few years ago and I honestly don't really miss it. It just stayed on shelves taking up space.

Anyone else feel this way, or am I the odd man out?

Please don't use the r-word, I'll have to report you.

But have you ever thought about playing video games?

>physical games good
it is, just don't be this autist and collect 1000 games in which you will never play

Nah I feel the same, started collecting about 2 years ago and Im already selling most of it aside from some heavy hitters. Im never going to have time to play all of them and its just taking up space at this point

I still wont throw out my physical games OP. What now?

Oi m8, you got a loicense for that physical property?

Of course, and I can actually do it whenever I want with physical games

Nothing lasts forever. Your digital and physical games will all return to dust sooner or later. Pointless argument.

Everything in the physical world is transient and will eventually erode. Might as well burn your house down and all your possessions OP, since they're susceptible to being destroyed. I mean, this is the logic you're using.

Attached: 1553801088102.jpg (949x540, 38K)

It's a collection thing. Not about playing them. Have a few friends with walls of games they never play anymore or never played in the first place. My bestie has a TON of disposable income and buys almost ever major release that comes out. He still hasn't even played:

has 2 special edition PS4 pros, a special edition xbonex, and a diablo switch, all unopened on a shelf.

Nier Automata
Persona 5
Kingdom Hearts 3
Bloodborne
Witcher 3
Octopath Traveler
Mario Galaxy
Breath of the Wild
etc.

Thats not counting the plethora of games he's put in a console and played an hour or two and never touched again.

He almost only plays Ark on his PC

>digital games will become dust

>Owning
Physical games still require a license to play and that can still be revoked. Any physical game you can play offline can also be played offline digitally.

Every hard drive they're stored on will. Taking the digital vs. physical argument to the extreme limits of time is stupid because all of humanity will go extinct anyway. It's more about power in the hands of the consumer in the short span of our lives, instead of letting the publisher control all access to media.

>servers and storage last forever

You would take the same care backing them up as you would safe guarding anything else material.

I dont disagree. So will i. STILL not going to just throw out all my physical games OR stop buying them in the future.

Aren't physical release just glorified digital games now since so many are pretty much busted without a day one patch? Hell, they have to install fully to the HDD at this point anyway. Only legit reasons I could see people cling to physical at this point is for resale and limited internet access(and the gratification of having a collection on display).

>and that can still be revoked
And? I would still play it. Who is going to do a single thing about it?

Bit rot exists user

Many of them are, but we still see GOTY editions with patches and DLC on the disc, and games that release and never see updates or only very superficial bug fixes.

who did this happen to?

At least in the house a good insurance policy will give you the full market value of each game back. Let's just hope he took a photo of the collection before the fire or w/e happened. Hard to find cover for digital items that are no longer available as they're not on the market for a fair price to be agreed.

So he might not be able to get all the games back but if he's smart his investment is protected.

Physical games are YOURS to own. Digital purchases are not yours and are merely a lease.
You can lose the ability to play games you bought if a server goes down or if a service ceases to exist.
if a fire were to start in your house the very computer you use to access and play your games could likely be destroyed also. How do you propose you play video games without a machine to play them on?

Attached: 2b_2b.jpg (1647x1928, 388K)

Ahh. the goty thing makes a lot of sense. I have very dependable internet access and have for years. Never played a game with the initial patch installed. Always assumed with the patches being so big that they would be heavy duty fixes.

Attached: B84132C6-1B13-4C8E-93AB-71584A38D7FD.jpg (1536x2048, 809K)

>Xbox versions
Based

digifag
>lightening strikes powered console
>console dead
>entire library dead
phys-ed fag
>lightening strikes powered console
>console dead
>game library safe

Attached: 621.jpg (500x375, 60K)

>since so many are pretty much busted without a day one patch?

Name some that are broken. Name 10.

yeah but at least you can OWN that ash and soot digicuck

physical is definitely preferred even if it has its challenges.

Attached: basement.jpg (3536x896, 1.08M)

>not keeping your games in the fridge

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 299K)

Is this bait

i did manage to save *most* of games, though i had around 70 ps2 games become disc only.

Attached: Combo Flood.jpg (2444x1812, 1.29M)

happens in a garage : one dude loses his games
happens in a data center : millions lose their games

I believe you are missing the first Max Payne. Explain yourself.

HAHAHAHHAHA

That fucking sucks bro. Flooding kills so many cool things.

Attached: 1512772808671.jpg (540x527, 28K)

i didn't lose anything too important luckily, mostly just cleaning and getting repairs done before i start moving my games back downstairs as right now the main level looks like a hoarder house.

GET FUCKED NIGGEEEEEEEER

The only reason I have ps2 WW is because I found it at a Black Friday sale for $5

Attached: FC7FEC16-B213-4FDC-B4B1-6DE38C8156D8.jpg (1574x2100, 864K)

>suffers major damage to property in a basement flood
>cleans up and puts it all back downstairs
Speechless rn

I only have digital games because I pirate everything. And I pirate everything because I like my money.

Attached: pirate.jpg (600x600, 34K)

There are a lot of games that I can't purchase digitally. Some companies prefer not to preserve their games, or have other older games in mind, which forces me to purchase a physical copy from an e-Bay scalper, or do something illegal, which I don't like to do but I ain't paying 100 dollars for a 25 year old game.

me

nowhere else for it to go really and this area pretty much never floods normally, only reason we got something this time was due to crazy weird weather creating huge ice jams leading to multiple dams breaking back to back.

last time there was a flood in this area was before the moon landing and that was the only other flood ever recorded for this area.

Check the PS2

have sex

>Piratefag pretending he has money
Is their anything more hilarious?

Digital games are fine as long as you get them for free. Paying full price for digital games is absolutely fucking retarded considering all the extra money developers save.

I don't understand why digital and physical releases start so much arguing

>dupefags

Attached: 1554234727919.jpg (424x279, 34K)

Yarr harr there faggot, I got booty.

Attached: butty.jpg (500x500, 40K)

If a single hard drive gets damaged or crashes it can mean the loss of way more games, what's your point? And no, not every game I own is on my steam.

Absolute brainlet post. I guess you believe air is infinite since you can't see it but it's there too.

I bought a shit load of PS1 games from the PS Store back in 2009, I've downloaded and played them on multiple PS3's, a PSP, PS Vita and the PSTV. I still have the PSN account with over 40 games readily available. On the other hand Nintendo has terrible policies regarding digital downloads and I have to go through a monumental process just to transfer my account and games over to a different system.

I don’t own duplicate games, if you see dups it’s because both me and my GF had the same game

Again, you won't be playing it online.

Nintendo does that because they don't want people to keep their old games. No backwards compatibility, no VC, limited run physical copies, no proper account system, their war on roms.

RAID exists also. Rot one bit, and three intact ones correct the rotten one.

disc rot is a meme by poorfags and retards who don't know how to take care of their games

i've got plenty of early gen PS1 titles that are perfectly fine

Disc rot only effect first gen CDs.

Spacewar would like to have a word with you.