Let's talk about gothic

Let's talk about gothic
Is it playable these days?

Attached: 4-1024_2409[1].jpg (1024x768, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iss0dTuqwP0
youtube.com/watch?v=bpktNjlmqKU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It wasn't playable in the first place user
the only viable way to play it is to cheese out the game by spamming transformation scrolls

heyhey people

this game has a cult here in Poland

Do you engage in secret orgies and ritual human sacrifice?

2 is a legitamately good game and the only one in the series. 1 is really bad but still worth playing first just because it makes the second one slightly more interesting. 3 is shit.

I'm busy playing Gothic 1 atm and its a jarring experience, currently leading this dude to the brotherhood camp and his pathfinding keeps getting stuck, he can't even go through the gate, he just walks around and drowns himself in the swamp
10/10 game

Yes and no.

If it was playable before, how would it suddenly not be playable now? Explain yourself.

Fuck off with shilling your e-celebs

Could you clarify which is the yes and which the no?

That's true if you're shit at video games I guess.

Barely, my save file constantly corrupts

zoom zooms think games "age" because their adhd riddled pea brains can't handle old games.

I don't get how people shit on Gothics controls while praising Deus Ex or System Shock. All of those games have weird control schemes, of course you need to rebind those to your liking and get used to their limitations.
I guess people are really impatient these days.

>some fuckbroken keyboard only scheme vs WSAD+mouse with only a couple of rebinds to bring it to a modern standard

gee I wonder

1st one it too buggy for me, but 2nd one is kino

based RETARD

>keyboard only
??

the controls in those other games are somewhat intuitive. If you don't already know how to control Gothic you'll never figure it out.

Maybe.

>WSAD+mouse
So, Gothic controls? Where did this meme that it's unplayable with a mouse even come from?

Gothic 2 has WASD+mouse controls, too. You never played it, have you?

You literally need to press 'alternative controls' to make it WSAD and all, you fool.

Gothic really clicked for me when I went keyboard only desu. You can easily map the keys to a controller using xpadder too, although that's slightly less efficient than keyboard only.

So does Gothic 1.

the first game being unplayable with a mouse

Is checking the manual really that hard though? This only applies to Gothic 1 anyway, since 2 is perfectly intuitive and really not that different from the standard.

No, I finished it a few years ago. The M+K controls are barely functional and take a good amount of goodwill to look past.

Attached: Gothic2 2015-05-01 22-16-18-76.jpg (1920x1200, 803K)

I'm just saying that's where it comes from.

>If you don't already know how to control Gothic you'll never figure it out.
The zoomer attitude, everyone.

Nah, it's fine. That's how I played it and the game never gave me a reason to switch.

It's a bit weird(having to both click LMB and press W to interact with anything), but by no means unplayable. 12 y.o. me could figure it out in a few minutes when the game came out.

yes

Attached: welcome_to_the_colony.png (640x360, 274K)

Is it viable to remap gothic controls to controller and play it that way?

No but the polish corner of the internet is currently going through a gothic meme craze.
We're also making a mod as big as Gothic 2:NotR itself[ Release 2020/spoiler]

The colony was a chill place, you weren't even raped.

Too bad non-polish people will never get those memes.
youtube.com/watch?v=iss0dTuqwP0
youtube.com/watch?v=bpktNjlmqKU

What graphics mod is this? Dx11+lhiver?

I'm playing it now too and I very much like it, BUT the pathfinding is atrocious. Sometimes I have to restart the game because people get stuck and you can't progress the game. I didn't think it was possible to be worse than Dead Rising in this aspect, but I was wrong

On my way to kill the stone dragon

Attached: F542248C-4A9A-42E0-8951-43541DD94C84.jpg (1920x1080, 285K)

It was 4 years ago.
I think only the the dx11 renderer, I didn't bother with any texture packs.

Why is everyone obsessed so much with the second game?
How is the first one worse?

Second one has more content and slightly better controls, but overall they are very similar. No idea how someone can like one but dislike the other.

I'm currently playing SS2 with a game pad, on my HD flatscreen. It controls just fine but having to drag the mouse around every time I want to change Psi powers is annoying

Factions were done better in 2, but I prefer 1 in almost every other way.

Aren't there hotkeys to cycle through them?

absolutely
just get used to the controls and you'll have a jolly ol' time