What do you believe is the most important criteria a game must excel at to become GOTY material...

what do you believe is the most important criteria a game must excel at to become GOTY material? because according to pic related, it's clearly not gameplay

Attached: 379635-gow-test-article_m-1.jpg (559x314, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everything about God of War 4 screams "Oscar bait". It's dishonest trash and nowhere near as good as the original trilogy

I enjoyed the game play very much.
>Fighting Valkyrie Queen on Give Me God of War difficulty.

One of the hardest things I've done in a video game desu.

seething nintendie

I just got the Platinum in God of War 2, and one left for Platinum in the original. Jealous?

Attached: xbox_908.jpg (1494x1000, 318K)

the quintessential first requirement to be a GOTY contender Is that your game has to be a 3rd person over the shoulder cinematic experience with scripted sequences out the ass, the rest entirely depends on how big of an established IP your game is compared to the rest of the contenders.

Attached: 1555197987162.jpg (1024x1004, 291K)

It's just like the Oscars. All those movies that win are the most boring shit ever. The movies we actually like are never represented.

In any medium, success always comes down to appealing to the lowest common denominator.

You're so right. I just thought about how music has always been like that too. The Grammy awards have been considered a farce for as long as I can remember. Video games fell into the same trap, it seems. It didn't have to be this way.

Viral marketing and style over substance bullshit.

That's what all modern games are, so a game that excels at that is "GOTY".

>because according to pic related, it's clearly not gameplay
Whatever feg

Attached: GOW gameplay.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

What are you talking about? If you don't think God of War 2018 didn't have excellent gameplay, you haven't played it.

Looks pretty good to me

Gameplay is better than BotW and Witcher 3 and those got GOTY, but perhaps the bar was too low to begin with.

I'm not the only one who did flips onto cars just to see how far my rider would get launched, right?

It's a fun game reminds me a classic ps2 era game with all the benefits of modern gaming

THEM SAME SHEISTY CATS THAT YOU HANG WITH, AND DO YO' THANG WITH

CAN SET YOU UP AND WET YOU UP

youtube.com/watch?v=lH3hrtp1T84

These awards are voted on so the way you win is to appeal to the voters sensibilities. It’s why every other Best Documentary winner at the Oscars is about the Holocaust.

Look at the people who write about games and figure out a way to appeal to them.

NIGGA PEEP THE LANGUAGE
IT'S UNIVERSAL, YOU PLAY WITH FIRE IT MAY HURT YOU

I fucking love the soundtrack for that game. Rage Against the Machine "Wake Up" was a killer too.

Xmen Legends did it better

Comfiest game ever made.

Number of rip offs it spawns imo is the defining feature.

Overall I'd say 1 third longevity (adjusted for game type), 1 sixth innovation, 1 sixth popularity, 1 third influence.

Stuff like God of war winning is just stupid, zero longevity, zero influence, very little innovation, not popular given advertising

RDR2 has much better gameplay snoyboy
This shit was rigged.

Attached: RDR2 shootout.webm (768x432, 2.98M)

you know you can swap chaos blades and the axe, that would make for an actually interesting webm

>generic nuTR and Ucharted cover shooting

Pretty surprised nu-GoW had a better enemy DT than DMC5 did, along with way more threatening regular enemies. Its a shame how bosses outside of Valkyries turned out but hopefully they fix that in the sequel.

High production values, there is a reason games like Minecraft never won GOTY despite being so popular.

Wasn't aware God of War enemies had Devil Trigger mechanics.

Attached: 1554946670146m.jpg (768x1024, 102K)

Did you play the game Op?

Nintendo has popular games unlike Sony, your the one whose seething

Attached: F565A3C2-780D-4135-A1DF-C5490A185ADB.jpg (1644x1668, 3.56M)

not him but they have some rage mode with red eyes where they stagger much less. Not sure what else they have.

I've never really liked the blades that much. They're so small and the chains always just clip through enemies.
Boomerang battle axe is cooler

Attached: God of War_20180828202751.webm (800x450, 3M)

They go up by +1 level and their eyes glow. Since you can only get up to level 9 max in this game (level 11 in NG+), +1 level can make them a lot harder

These days? Money. That's all that matters to journos and critics.

>b-but jurnos
>b-but it's popular
What does this have to do with the topic at hand? And why would even bring up old outdated games?