Father gascoigne

i can't beat him. i just can't. does this mean im bad or is it supposed to be this hard?

also what the hell do i do when he turns into a wolf what the FUCK

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 2.32.25 PM.png (383x350, 263K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bPNP5jfpmfM?t=178
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: Tiny Music Box.jpg (408x409, 28K)

git gud

he turns into a wolf after 3 tries with this, is there a secret to killing to wolf or do you just need to be really good at dodging?

Dodge my man.
His beast mode looks more threatening then it really is. Approach and side step once he attacks and you can get behind him while he flails about for some easy damage. Don't be afraid to also throw molotovs too.

All the human enemies in BB are meant to be really hard. Get the music box from the little girl and stun him he transforms to get a free visceral attack, then throw molotovs at him as when he transforms he has a weakness to fire. Or just don't get hit.

you're bad. but he is the first boss so that's fine since you're still new to the game. you can cheese him by attacking him behind the gravestones in the area. of course, that won't work once he turns into a werewolf since he starts breaking through them. and when that happens you either chuck molotovs at him because he is weak to fire as a beast or use the music box you get from his daughter, which you may or may not have. if you're having trouble with him and don't have that, you should go look for it.

His attacks have a really long wind-up. Shoot him for visceral attacks. You can also use the grave stones to put some distance between him and you in the first phase of the fight.

does the music box work on him in wolf form?

>does this mean im bad or is it supposed to be this hard?
he is supposed to be hard because he's usually the first boss people fight. you are bad but if you're just starting the game, you're supposed to be bad.
>also what the hell do i do when he turns into a wolf what the FUCK
learn his moves. molotovs help too.

don't use it UNTIL he is a werewolf. then he'll get stunned in his werewolf form up to three times.

thank you so much this helps alot

Literally just parry visceral him down to the werewolf phase, then tiny music box into charged backstabs and he’s done

whats visceral?

R1 attack after a parry with a gun.

Attached: 1542040280237.jpg (1106x600, 241K)

Never even played a Souls game before but I just went out and bought a ps4 and Blolodborne after seeing this thread.
Beat that old drunk my first try. Git gud.
Now excuse me while I go return all this garbage i just purchased.

>People think Gascoigne was hard
The first time I played BB, which was a good 3 years after its release, I beat Gascoigne first and then decided to explore the first zone some more. Came across Cleric Beast and absolutely had the hardest fucking time killing him. It made me think that Gascoigne was some sort of miniboss and that I was actually supposed to go through the door behind Cleric Beast for some reason. Spent a good hour on that shit.

cleric beast is really hard yeah, i just skipped him

np hunterbro

Retard
I'm sure Skyrim suits you better.

I think he is one of the easier bosses in the game. Try and find what playstyle facilitates that - switch up tactics, try being more mobile and work on avoidance perhaps, try modifying how aggressive you are, etc. Also, some consumables and items help.

in his 1st form hit him with the cane from behind a tombstone.

in his 2nd form use music box 3 times.

Cleric Beast was the fucking easiest boss in the game. Blood Starved Beast was the first noob filter boss.

Blood starved beast is piss easy.
Literally just dodge to the left and he will never fucking hit you.

cringe

You may need to get gud, but st least you're not crying about the difficulty and bitching for an easy mode in the name of "accessibility." Keep it on, user.

Bloodstarved Beast is also parry bait, you can consistently get off visceral without that much skill or timing, since the window is so big.
I mainly stayed behind cleric beast my first time and it went down without much trouble, any damage I took I got back with rally, since it attacks really slowly
Gascoigne took me at last 3 tries, once because I got stuck in some tombstones and twice because I was caught off by that weird charge he does as a werewolf

Why did they cut out the best VA in the game
youtu.be/bPNP5jfpmfM?t=178

I beat Gas gun by manipulating him so we had a mass of graves between us. Since I had a weapon with long range I would just hit him through the grave while occasionally backing up to avoid his attacks until the second phase and then used the music box. I'm basically a bloodborne expert.

Attached: 43534543.png (545x774, 361K)

BB starts off pretty tough. Try making him get stuck between the graves OR run away to the staircase then glitch his AI. Sometimes I managed to get a plunging attack off him jumping from the roof.

Fire, lots of fire. Keep you distance if you can. He's actually the hardest boss in the game tho. After him it gets easier

They clearly new you could do this because in his last form he breaks those graves. I watched my friend try your strat and he thought he was so smart then Gas boy transforms, smashes the graves and beats him to pieces while he panics.

If you parry an enemy by shooting them mid attack or hit their back with a full charged R2 attack (hold the button down until you attack) you can then press R1 to do a visceral where you stick your hand inside them and rip it out. You need to be pretty parallel with their body whether you are in front of or behind them, essentially try to line your shoulders up with them. Sometimes after parrying you won't be able to get close enough, quickly enough to do a visceral in the window you have without dodging forward to close the gap. So in short, shoot while an enemy attacks. dodge towards them to close the gap, press R1. Not everything can be parried but in general the more like you an enemy is, the more likely you can parry them. Humanoid enemy with melee weapons, other hunters ect.

wow, i had no idea the combat was that deep... thats so cool it's like learning a martial art or something but thru a controller

Just hit him a lot and dodge his attacks lmao

LOL

>He's actually the hardest boss in the game tho
What the literal fuck are you talking about?

Attached: 1553135010431.png (569x570, 280K)

>does this mean im bad

yes, you're fucking trash. You can literally cheese him by parrying him

it helped me immensely going up the stairs for the majority of the fight, it offers some differences, could help

>hardest boss

You must not have played much of the game after Gascoigne, user.

yes

>hardest boss in the game
>trivialized if you just fucking shoot him
are you sure we played the same game?

lmfao fuck this dude

You can use the tombstones to cheese him and keep him away when he is in human form.
Also when he knocks you over as a werewolf, be sure to WAIT a moment before you spam recovery-roll to get back up. If you try to roll ASAP, he will slam down on you again as soon as you are getting back to your feet

Attached: Gascoigne2.webm (960x540, 2.97M)

yes thats when you should be using it

visceral attacks for the first phase, which when you git gud are good for the second anyway too

Run up to the flat area at the top of the stairs for an easier fight. This game pretty much always punishes you for dodging away, instead dodge towards bosses and circle them, and hit them in the butt.

Keep fighting him until you learn his parry timings (piss easy), when he transforms either use the music box or ignore his daughter so you dont find out her fate or use molotovs.

>there are people itt who only beat this game once

Attached: 54B89804-D5AE-441A-8A39-88B2B3BC3C22.jpg (1024x964, 59K)

Unironically the only boss I struggled on in this game.

unironically, spam R1. A lot of bloodborne bosses seem really hard until you realize you can just do this. Human-sized bosses will often get staggered by the slightest things, and you can just keep comboing them until you're nearly out or they finally react and follow up with a gunshot or a roll, whatever you think is best.

45% completion on global
lost all repsect to sonyfags

Attached: Sword-Saint Isshin PePe.jpg (1282x1080, 894K)

Holy shit. Sony's new audience was a mistake.

You don't even really need to that. A lot of them just have moves you can roll through or just outright walk past without getting hit.
Like the wet nurse for instance.

god wet nurse is such a fucking shit fight

When Papa G wolfs out, start dodging sideways instead of backwards.

This is why you don't have friends

Circle to the right and you don't even need to dodge, his attacks just won't hit you. When I was trying to git gud for the chalice version I figured this out, he's been a joke since.

>finally finished my first run using BoM
>just killed him deathless in NG+ with my Maria-cosplay build (Rakuyo + Maria armor)
Feels good getting better desu.

You’re so cool, how can I be like you

Cleric Beast pushed my shit in a solid 10 times before I caved and summoned Gascoigne.
I killed BSB my first try.

He's literally learn to parry: the boss.

He's so much more aggressive than DS 1 and 2 bosses. If you're not used to it he absolutely wrecks

That's what i like with BB (first time playing through), seems like everyone has problems with different bosses. Even now on NG+ i got Cleric Beast on my first try, yet the one who gave me trouble and made me summon an NPC was Paarl.