AMDBROS WW@

>AMD beats out Nvidia and Intel for PlayStation 5 processor — and what that means for gamers

Attached: QqwovKI.png (856x829, 1020K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4CARbrmkgUU
pcgamesn.com/amd/zen-3-cpu-tsmc-7nm
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Power of the Cell 2.0
This is going to be an interesting generation.

It's been like that since the ps360 generation, that's a fucking disingenuous article
Switch using a modified nvidia mobile procesador is an anomally

Intel cpu has backdoor to Tel Aviv.

So what? You won't defeat the Jews by boycotting Intel, the only way you can win is by physically murdering them, as many as you possible can.

This. Even the Gamecube ran on a modified ATI/AMD setup. Intel just stopped bothering with consoles and doubled down elsewhere after the 6th gen.

> beats out

There was no competition. Both Sony and Microsoft want to keep the same architecture and hardware to allow for 100% backwards compatibility

nvidia never wanted to be in consoles because they didn't like the profit margins. the ps4 was supposed to be made by nvidia but they dropped it because it wasn't worth their time. they have bigger fish to fry on the desktop and server markets. the only reason they are in the switch is because their nvidia shield consoles were selling like shit and also they were the only option on the market who could provide low power chips for that level of performance at the time and nintendo had no other choice.

It's a typical ryzen processor, it won't be a Cell shitshow

>Consoles using shitty hardware yet again
Imagine my shock.

GameCube, Wii, and Wii U ran on IBM PowerPC for CPUs. They did use ATI chips for GPUs, though.

I'm only happy because I don't want an nividia monopoly

FUCK all of this brand shit, how the hell are they gonna try and cool this thing? I have seen nobody talk about this. The 360 and One both run between 56 and 76, roughly. They gonna under volt it, because that really doesn't seem like that's gonna be enough. People do not take care of consoles like they do to PCs.

Attached: 1404716710760.jpg (900x900, 227K)

And everything else has a backdoor to the CIA/FBI/whatever three letter US spy agency. What's your point?

It's modern AMD, not housefiretel or jaguar.

Ryzen 2000 generally runs cooler than Intel Coffee Lake (housefire), so it won't be as bad. The main problem with consoles is getting good airflow in them while still keeping them compact. The RROD was an issue because the 360 CPU was packed into a tiny space with only 3 tiny fans to give it cool air.

Why do people think AMD is their friend?

>Backwards compatible
>7nm components
>a fucking SSD
Yep, it's going to win next gen. Even at $500 it's a sure win. Nintendo is not going to put out a real console by then and MS is a clusterfuck of a joke right now.

Attached: ps4100m.jpg (796x692, 90K)

Why not just make the consoles big as fuck? It's not like anyone would care. They don't need to be slim small designs.

>>a fucking SSD
welcome to 2010 bro!

>what is the og xbox one

i bought that thing to play halo:mcc and it's huge as fuck because the fan inside is massive. it's quiet as fuck though and even in games you can't hear it at all. i also have an og phat ps4 and that thing is loud as fuck in god of war. i'd have preferred if they made it bigger with better cooling than a shitty laptop fan.

>PS5 specs are actually good

Does this mean consoles won't hold back the gaming industry anymore? We've been waiting years for games to improve because consolepeasants have shit tier CPU and no SSD.

>7nm components
>when the deal is out of the bag already
You console peasants wouldn't tell a difference to a 12nm, and this is what you will get.

Attached: 1553541689442.png (1280x720, 499K)

Console industry has never held back PC gaming. PC exclusives are made to run on intel integrated cards. Multiplats are the only ones doing cutting-edge graphics due to consoles.

>>PS5 specs are actually good
It will come out Q4 2020 and they are still pushing for the high res meme instead of more than 20 fps.

Which is my point. Larger has way more benefits than cons. You get less noise, cooler console and also less prone to defects.

>a fucking SSD
I am a poorfag from Eastern Europe and I have a SSD in my PC for 5 years now

Attached: 1553365064315.jpg (1920x1080, 205K)

Mark Cerny isn't pushing for shit. He's merely developing the tools whicih devs are free to use however they like. 8K support was a no-brainer given how PS5 will support HDMI 2.1 which also opens the way for 4K120hz.

>which also opens the way for 4K120hz.
Not with the mid-tier GPU it will use that's for sure.

>PC exclusives

Yeah like esportshit... and visual novels... and uh...
Virtually no company makes PC exclusives

to be fair the sony are just incompetent as fuck. the ps4 pro is huge but it's still a blow dryer. in comparison you can build mini itx pc's which are more powerful and quieter than a ps4 pro or even the xbox one x which is half the size of the ps4 pro is whisper quiet despite being ~50% more powerful.

>a fucking SSD
PCI SSDs are the new SATA SSDs
SATA SSDs are the new hard drives
hard drives are the new abacus

That depends entirely on what games devs are making. 8k is theoretically possible as is 120hz. That's it. He didn't promise you shit beyond that.

They had to go the cheapest way else the ps5 would be 700 bux instead of 600 bux.

>8k is theoretically possible as is 120hz
That's possible on literally any GPU that supports HDMI 2, it doesn't mean shit if it can only play 80's games at those settings.

It's a new thing for consoles. We haven't had HDMI 2.1 support before. PC will by the nature of their platform always be first. I don't know what you're trying to say with this shit except being an obnoxious nigger.

HDMI 2 GPUs have existed since about 2013 and 2.1 is backwards compatible, the cable's bandwidth means absolutely fuckall if the GPU can't even push it to its limits in the same way SATA 3 supporting 600Mb/s won't make HDDs run faster than usual.
It's purely marketing talk by sony, no one calls a GTX 970 "8k ready".

You're literally repeating yourself. And yes, GTX 970 is 8k ready.

>You're literally repeating yourself.
Because you keep repeating dumb shit.

>And yes, GTX 970 is 8k ready.
It is, the difference is that no one uses it as a marketing point since that would be as dumb as saying an HDD can be as fast as 600Mb/s just because of what the cable supports.

You can argue that a GTX 970 can technically run MS DOS games at 8k 60fps but that's obviously misleading when you're advertising your product towards people looking for new games like Sony is doing.

Amd in xbox and ps5
nvidia in nintendo.

Why did they stop making their own processors and gpus!?!?!?

lol this

>a fucking SSD
So, this is the power of console users
WOAH

>You can argue that a GTX 970 can technically run MS DOS games at 8k 60fps
Why DOS? I'd bet it could run PS1 or even PS2 gen games at 8k 60fps.

What tier on logical increments do I need to beat the PS5?

fuck off
they probably delayed desktop launch because of this

8k is 16x more pixels than 1080p, I wouldn't go that far.

letting pc users buy nvidia cards in the meantime, smart

AMD's smaller 7nm processors run cooler than the old shit.

PS5 will actually have a good hardware, I wasn't expecting them to take this to the next step. I wonder how much it will cost.

yeah just look at radeon 7, what a cool and quiet card....wait.....

Based and blackpilled

not necessarily a bad thing. by going with the slowest processors available you ensure maximum compatibility and performance with older pc hardware for game ports. pretty smart desu

youtube.com/watch?v=4CARbrmkgUU
If a 1070 can do it, probably a 970 can.

Will PS5 games run on a 1070

It's pretty energy efficient within its own margins; which is being the housefire that is Vega aka GCN5.

>Even at $500
lmao expect it to be $699 because Sony thinks it's a one horse race so they can charge anything and still sell.

Consoles will never be able to safely enter the "why not just buy a PC instead?" range, they are purely budget machines.

intel just dont want their hardware on a 30fps console

God imagine if every Jap developer starts giving real PC support. That's the end of Playstation right there.

AMD BOIS IN THE HOUSE

Based amd killing pc gaming

If the games are made to run on Zen architecture than that means the games will run smoothly on PCs compared to THE CELL

Can't wait for a horde of dumbasses to pay a fortune for 8k and pretend it's not placebo.

>The RROD was an issue because the 360 CPU was packed into a tiny space with only 3 tiny fans to give it cool air.
Nah it was more to do with the fact that the heatsink was such a cheap piece of shit and so poorly affixed that it didn't take much at all to pull it away from the chip, obviously caused by heat, but nothing a $5 heatsink wouldn't have completely fixed.

It's fucking horrifying just how cheap the internals of consoles are, the 360's heatsink is something so archaic I hadn't seen anything like it in the PC space since the mid 90's.

>Nah it was more to do with the fact that the heatsink was such a cheap piece of shit
No it wasnt

This is Yea Forums and not /g/, so the benefit of the doubt still applies.
Vega II is shrunk and OCed 14nm Vega. The problem with it is that they didn't remake the chip for 7nm, so there would be no perf improvements. To create them, they overclocked the chip to hell, using the advantage of 7nm node process. Just like with RX 590, it's impossible to ride a dead horse forever and they're pulling Intel right now while waiting for Navi engineering samples. Consider that making silicon chips takes something between 4 to 6 months.

HEY GAMRS WHAT'S UP

>Dean Takahashi
The dude who sucked at cuphead is stupid? Amazing

it means stagnation and smelly asian sea monkey gook shit.

Explains why the Wii and WiiU are such great homebrew platforms. Not as good as OG Xbox, but pretty good.

AMD ITS COMFIRMED AS THE PLEBIAN TIER
WHILE INTEL AND NVIDIA JUST BELONG ON THE MASTER RACE

what is your point?

Yes it literally was, I spent the better part of a decade fixing 360's as a side business.

The X clamps on that fucker on the left were so fucking thin and flimsy it had absolutely no fucking hope of holding itself down and after a bunch of heating/cooling cycles it'd pull away and voila, RROD.

Attached: Heatsinks.jpg (1184x890, 63K)

As someone who owns AMD hardware why would I give a fuck about consoleniggers?
All I know is that if Navi doesn't offer me RTX 2080 levels of performance at less than $550 then I'm going Nvidia.
I'm not holding my breath considering Radeon VII struggles to compete with a base clocked 1080 Ti, let alone a 2080.

It is going to be a crappy SSD that dies out after 10 tbs of read/write, and you will find out one year and one week after warranty.
Screen cap this.

Attached: 1555516432974.gif (400x400, 1.71M)

>Intel just stopped bothering with consoles and doubled down elsewhere after the 6th gen.

You are mistaken, Intel didn't stop bothering. They are just playing on a different plane, asking exorbitant prices because they CAN. Meanwhile AMD is begging for all the gibsmedats it can get. Hence why all three, Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft love to shop there. They get sweet bargain deals at the cost of utter shit power/tdp/etc.
The Pisstation 4 sold almost 100 million units despite being a mid-tier laptop from 2004. So who is going to complain anyway? Exactly!

Not saying it's not a piece of shit but the main problem was the introduction of lead free solder at the time. The new solder either had micro cracks that would cause poor connections between the pads. The clamp fixes just used brute force to try and close these gaps and the over tricks softened the solder a bit so it would reflow a little bit.

The heat sink might have been bad quality but does not change the fact that MS designed the case even before the architecture planning and engineering started. The engineers warned the upper management months before manufacturing but they ignored it.

You would be wrong.
Even a PS2 game at 8k chugs VRAM like nobody's business.

a 1080ti is faster than a 2080 retard

and the radeon 7 is just as fast as the 2080 and a bit cheaper

>slav squatshitter
>posts animango reaction images

you are ok in my book

Attached: 1410086151494.png (215x264, 65K)

It's clear that AMD doesn't give a fuck about PC gamers anymore.
If Navi doesn't deliver in spades then I'm going Nvidia.
Might even go Intel out of pure spite.

It means it'll be an AMD budget box PC. All consoles are just prebuilt AMD PCs.
The "4k RTX ON!" is also total complete bullshit since bleeding edge PCs can't even do that. Unless they have a tiny * appending their marketing to indicate that it's running at 12 FPS.

A 2080 is faster than a 1080 Ti in most new games, and a Radeon VII can't compete with either despite being on a much smaller process than the 1080 Ti (yet still running much hotter).

>It's clear that AMD doesn't give a fuck about PC gamers anymore.
What ever gave you the idea?
The fact that they make data center CPUS and sell off worse binned ones to "gamers"
or the fact they make rendering cards and sell worse binned off ones to gamers like radeon 7
no
NO
Surely we are the core audience! And not some retards they sell scraps away to get better margins.

Zen 3 will come out when PS5 comes out.

>AMD’s Zen 3 CPUs can increase transistor count by 20% over Ryzen 3000 thanks to TSMC’s 7nm+ node
pcgamesn.com/amd/zen-3-cpu-tsmc-7nm

Attached: 1554917197285.jpg (712x705, 198K)

b-baka goyjin, it's not like i wanted your contracts or anything!

Yes this, this is why I bought geforce 5800 and the gtx 480 all those years ago over the obviously inferior ati cards of the time. These days I'd only consider amd if they supported gamesworks, gsync and finally fixed their out of date no drivers meme.

You mean 7800/8800? Nvidia 5xxx sucked major shit.

Nice irony, but I bought AMD cpus when they were better and I bought AMD gpus when they were better.
I'm sorry but not everybody buys only from one brand like it's a cult following.

AMD can't support gameworks or gsync. They're proprietary technologies and Nvidia won't license them to their only "competitor" in the GPU space. Compare this to Freesync or other renderer technologies that AMD creates that are all open source. It's why Nvidia is finally supporting Freesync, it's open source so anyone can use it.

I'm glad someone gets it. But you're not that off about the buying one brand only, just for different reasons. nvidia's marketing presence and mindshare is much much better than amd's and it has been for a long time.

Anyway, back on topic, this is a suprise to no one. intel/nvidia have burned sony and microsoft in the past and since then amd continues to be the only company to offer decent semi custom designs at probably impossible to pass over prices. Nintendo going nvidia is probably a combination of amd's ip not being that efficient and the tegra being given away for free. With the price of flash continuing to fall and video games being a pretty safe use case for qlc flash it's only a decade overdue for console ssds.

I thought Zen 3 was Ryzen 3000, confusing naming scheme.

Learn to code name and brand names. Zen, Zen+, Zen2 and future iterations are the name of the architecture used in various processors including Athlon, Ryzen, EPYC and their variants. Ryzen is the brand used for the more consumer facing products and each generation of 1000, 2000 and 3000 is the yearly cadence of prioduct releases to keep revenue ticking over, in the same way you get new phones every year instead of letting the brand sit for years at a time even if it's still a functional product.

So the ps5, xbox, ryzen3000, EPYC2 and anything else amd cares for will probably be using their new ccds that contain 8 zen2 compute cores.

Zen+ was Ryzen 2000
Zen2 will be Ryzen 3000

>there are actually retards that spent $1000+ for a 250gb ssd back in 2010
Will never not be funny lmao

>technology getting cheaper over time is a new thing now
Dumb zoomer.

>nvidia's marketing presence and mindshare is much much better than amd's and it has been for a long time.
That's what a lot of people say, yet here is the reality of what I face.
And in the meantime everybody is whining about Nvidia literally brainwashing people to buy their products.
You must understand it's infuriating.

Attached: vega 56 and 2060 prices.jpg (1772x988, 413K)

What is bohemia interactive

This. Laughing at PC """exclusives"""

I'm not going to argue much against pic. the 2060 and 1660ti are pretty good products in comparison to the rest of the rtx line but the rtg has been shit on the last few years and amd's slow response to everything nvidia really shows and culminated in the vega not having any budget behind it and looking like shit in comparison where people have shown it's not that bad when properly tuned.

My favorite bit of anecdotal evidence of this was when I was, for work, visiting a decently sized primarily PC based dev studio that had amd sponsorship around the time of the 290x so I'd expect there to be more 79x0 products there than anything and the marketing director there literally laughed at the thought of amd and their entire back end infrastructure was only tested on nvidia gpus despite the pipeline being opencl.

am I the only one who's excited that consoles are finally going to have decent CPU's in them? A modern 8 core zen2 is going to be better that what most people currently are using for gaming PC's. Interested in seeing what devs can do with something other than an better graphics.

Post yfw jewish Intel piece of shit will go under in your lifetime.

Attached: p6oVMOc.jpg (430x397, 40K)

Tegra is fucking aborted garbage

I mean maybe but that Zen 2 8 core is stuck at around the 3ghz mark were my 8700K runs about 5ghz and even ryzen 2700xs run around the 4.5 mark. The real issue is games in their current stage at higher resolutions leverage a GPU over a CPU so they could've had a 4 core an upped the clock speed. Now I know what you are saying "well if the consoles have 8 cores then game on PC will need more cores" and it's possible but the last gen also had 8 cores and all those games ever really demanded was a I3 on PC

OH NO NO NO INTELAVIV BROS

Attached: 1532381321236.png (234x216, 10K)

Nvidia having a monopoly on both PC and console would have no benefit for consumers
I'm glad AMD can reliably get console partners

delid dis

In like the last year dispite their inflated prices Nvidia's market share went from 75% to 82% nvidia is gonna win hard and unless with Zen 2 AMD can actually match intels current IPC then they will just be gluing cores on to win and that doesn't help my gaming PC at all. Ryzen is very good but their GPU department has been harsh failures after the 200 series and the beast that was the Fury X. They only make budget hardware that's worthwhile like the RX 580 their high end is a joke (Vega 7 isn't bad just not competitive but some people would say the higher ram is worth is)

The 8700k is still only a 6 core, so it's making up for the lower clock speed with more cores. A lot of people are still running 4 cores without hyperthreading.
It's still leaps and bounds better than last gen. Even an 8350 would have been leaps and bounds better than last gen.

I know what it means for the PS5: stutters and framedrops.
Soryfags will feel right at home

>The real issue is games in their current stage at higher resolutions leverage a GPU over a CPU so they could've had a 4 core an upped the clock speed.
That's why I'm interested in seeing what devs do with a full 8 core processor. A 4 core and a slightly better GPU would have been the obvious choice.

if you dont think its going to have an HDD with a cache ssd i dont know what to tell you. there is no way they put just a 250GB or lower ssd when current systems have 1TB stock, and games are getting bigger. Nor will they put 1TB ssds in it unless its a 700 dollar model

I'd like it if the PS5 could straight up run Linux and have nothing throttling you from getting the most out of your machine or if hackers get Linux running on it like that

t. shitel

I'm sorry I can afford quality.

Quality CPU aids.

They why did Nvidia go to Nintendo to get the deal for the Switch?
There is a lot of money in the console market. Add up the total lifetime sales of the XB1 and PS4. AMD gets a taste of each sale.
Nvidia wants in, but wants the consoles to pay the higher prices they are used to.

nintendo went to nvidia for the switch not the other way round. it's common knowledge. sony went to nvidia for the ps4 but nvidia didn't like the profit margins from previous gens and it wasn't worth the foundry space for them to make a semi custom design for consoles. the tegra in the switch is literally the exact same as the one in the shield so they didn't have to start a whole now production line at TSMC. amd barely makes anything per console sold.

Does this mean engines will finally be optimized for AMD hardware? No, of course not.

>consoles have been using amd since 2005
>never translated to performance gains for amd
>consoles have been using amd 8 core cpu since 2013
>never translated into more mutlithreaded engines and most games still prefer the higher IPC and clocks of intel

amd hardware will always be inferior performers on pc because of one big difference between amd console gpu and pc gpu: drivers.

Nvidia went to nintendo because they had a fuckload of unused tegra X1 mobile chips due to the low sales of their own shield line. That's why their mobile division mostly works with car makers and AI.

>There is a lot of money in the console market

Not really, Nvidia is worth more than Sony & AMD combined, i don't think people understand how big Nvidia is
The Switch deal was to get rid of Shields like that user said

>Nvidia
>already fucked over microsoft and snoy, in progress with nintendo

Its been like that for like 15 years, garbage post

they already fucked nintendo with the bypass shit on the Switch

Why do people think Microsoft isn't using the exact same hardware as Sony?

Microsoft might surprise us with using Nvidia tech though

Shield is really amazing, but sadly people only buy the brand name & buy Apple crap instead

snoy is going vr and ssd thing

Funnily enough, the switch is by far the most money nvidia made off their consumer mobile hardware by a longshot. Don't be surprised if nintendo uses nvidia hardware again for their actual successor to the switch (switch 2.0).

>Why do people think Microsoft isn't using the exact same hardware as Sony?
it won't be the exact same both will be semi custom. they'll each have their own "secret sauce" to boost performance e.g. like how sony had hardware assisted checkerboarding on the ps4 pro or how microsoft integrated directx12 into the jaguar cpu pipeline on the xbox one x which made some calculations go from like 10,000 cpu cycles to 3 or something along those lines.

>Microsoft might surprise us with using Nvidia tech though
nah amd brought out phil spencer at their conference in january and talked about next gen hardware and cloud gaming. they're definitely going with amd for the consoles. they might use nvidia in their cloud servers though who knows.

Microsoft is likely going to partner with Rift or Vive for Xbox 4, their hololens shit isn't really working out

>beats out
Funny way of saying "nvidia didn't care"
All that can be hoped for is that new consoles aren't complete dogshit.

hololens was never supposed to be for gaming. microsoft is already partnered with oculus and they've had that partnership for years now. whenever you buy an oculus rift you get an xbox one s controller.

So how is it ruining what isn't there in the first place

The RROD has nothing to do with any kind overheating, fans or other stuff, it was simply the shitty, low quality lead-free solder that broke after some time.

BEATS OUT??? Sony and Microsoft hate NVIDIA......... no way in hell will they ever use their GPUs ever again

nigger sony went to nvidia for the ps4 before amd and microsoft uses nvidia in their azure cloud. imagine being this dense.

>that Zen 2 8 core is stuck at around the 3ghz mark
You mean that demo that was run on an early engineering sample? It's still very largely just assumptions at this point.

>ryzen
>cell
dumb nigger

Attached: 1534332651926.png (486x532, 233K)

The Zen 2 will be downclocked to around 2.5ghz on Consoles, so it won't be better than most gaming CPU's

People always ignore Consoles are heavily gimped by their power supply & heat limits

>The Zen 2 will be downclocked to around 2.5ghz on Consoles
Source: your ass

2000 series was Zen 1+, 3000 will be the actual second generation of Ryzen CPUs.

A fucking SSD not held down by the shitty Windows NTFS filesystem
unless you game on linux in which case you have my condolences

U clowning what could you possibly gain from removing the "bloat" of a real OS? Your games are gonna load about the same as my PC (very fast) and the OS is gonna be nice a snappy (like my windows install) but you wont even be able to multitask on the PS5 so the comparison isn't there. It's gonna benefit greatly from the SSD just like PC gamers have benefited from SSDs over the past few years

>Implying
Nigger consoles will get a custom APU called Gonzalo. Optimization does take into account Ghz, processor type, gpu type etc. just because it uses the same tech it doesn’t mean it runs as good. Even then why would anyone buy a 1000$+ pc when you can get a 400$ console doing it better with exclusives?

doesn't matter if xbtwo has no exclusives

from a business standpoint, intel would be degrading the price of their more premium chips by directly competing with amd for a spot in what is essentially a pile of shit netflix machine.

It makes no sense.

Buy AMD if money is tight, if not buy intel/nvidia. This has always been the answer, and probably will be for a few more product generations.

doesn't matter since almost no game has 100% utilization for 8 modern cores. GPU is always the most important part.

>Your games are gonna load about the same as my PC (very fast)
no that's the point, APFS is literally more efficient than NTFS and the only way to use it is to uninstall Windows. You're playing a huge library of games on a sadly shitty OS.
Some Linux games actually outperformed Windows games and that's with just that tool written by the Nier Automata modder.

I dual boot I have 2 SSDs, sooner than later linux will win and then I'll never need windows again, that time is near but still not here yet

>Mfw amd niggers buy inferior shit so their company makes consoles even more powerful and better performing than their PCs
Lmao

Attached: C14D1198-A9AF-438F-8365-012963DC5BF9.jpg (2000x1377, 397K)

The file system isn't even the worst part. Windows task scheduler is so shit that some highly multithreaded programs run better under wine on linux than natively on windows.

>Optimization does take into account Ghz, processor type, gpu type etc.
Retard, optimization has nothing do with this. Efficient code will still run efficiently regardless of the hardware. Obviously, if the hardware is worse the game will perform worse. The only advantage consoles had over PCs was lower level APIs, but this has changed since Vulkan and DX12.

APFS is the apple filesystem, what the fuck are you even on about? File system has very little to do with video game performance either way, brainlet.

>Jewtel still on 10nm
cope

These dumbasses really think they get a magically different version of a ubisoft game instead of the PC version that was made first then they just set the graphical settings for the shitbox to run it "well" then hide the graphical settings menu because they hate you and you're not allowed to see Ultra on consoles

>PS5
>Ryzen
Good Bye Ray Tracing.

10nm is dead in the water, intel is literally finished.

It's not the size of the CPU it's how you use it ;)

How comes a RX580 can’t run the same settings as a xbox one x?

Nice try AMDrone, but Intel isn't in the custom foundry business.

Nvidia has the Switch and there are more Switches than PS5s.

Will release this year tho?

So can AMD run Artificial Academy 2 yet, or are the drivers still fucked

Intel at this very moment doesn't really care about desktop CPUs.

They will at some point but they care more about servers, laptops, prebuilts and their upcoming GPU.

>MUH SSD
uhh PC has it for long time like since 2008 (consumer version). Business version - 1991

> File system has very little to do with video game performance either way, brainlet.
I used the OSX example as it's very new and possibly the fastest out right now. Linux is still on ext4 but will eventually a newer one as well.
To answer your question, yes it does. APFS is much more suited to SSDs than HFS+ was. It's built in with the concept of containers rather than partitions, and shuffles data around to manage SSD wear (since cells have a limited writecycle)

What are you talking about nigger?

>Goy Tracing
>CPU
brainlet

Provide benchmarks proving this has any meaningful impact on video game performance.

It's a fucking console mang what the hell are you on about? It's going to be always on proprietary buggy garbage just like everything else made after the ps2/xbox

It is the power of PC. Really nice to have more options to get a better experience.

You know that shit runs on compute shaders that relies on the gpu being extra thicc, right? No console will ever have real time raytracing because they'd either catch fire or cost 2000+ or be ungainly massive or all three.

playstation OS is a fork of FreeBSD

I wish there were more anons like you

I can pull that off with a 1080, depending on the game, but it's never perfectly smooth. A 970 doesn't have a chance. Too little vram and compute.

based and redpilled. I love my Shield TV Pro. I got it on sale. $99!

A proprietary shitty fork, yes

No shit, Sony and Microsoft are firmly AMD.
Most analysts are retards since this was a given years ago.

Most companies avoid Nvidia for a simple reason, they are cunts.
Leather jacket man has burnt bridges with a stupid number of companies out of envy and blaming them for Nvidia's own fuckups.

bitcoin miners

Ryzen is better on power use than Intel is on CPUs

Switch uses basement barrel parts that Nvidia couldn't sell otherwise, it is not a good venture.

>at the cost of utter shit power/tdp/etc.
This isn't 2011-2016 anymore.

Home consoles need x86 APUs which only AMD can feasibly produce. And portables need ARM chips which only Nvidia is producing with quality GPU cores slapped on to. This is pretty retarded since there is literally no competition.
Nvidia does not have an x86 license, and Intel is a long way off from competing with even AMD on GPU technology (though they are entering the market and hired like half the top guys at Radeon)

The also interesting thing that makes AMD so compelling that people do not realize. Is that AMD no longer owns their own fab. their former fab Global Foundry is independant and they also use someone else I think TSMC? So when they license out the SoCs, Microsoft and Sony do not have to buy them directly from AMD and this is what appeals to them so much about it. Sony pays AMD to design the SOC, and then pays an annual licensing fee for their technology/architectures. From there the do not deal with AMD, they simply give Global Foundry or TSMC or whoever and order for chips and buy them directly from the fab. But with Intel, Intel chips can only be made by their own internal fab, which means even if you bought a "license" you would also be forced to buy chips from them directly. This means in 3 years when the stop making that architecture, or are on a smaller process, they might fuck you.

There are benchmarks for improved read speeds, which translates into faster loading screens and open world data loading on the fly.
Video games, mostly open world games load data from disk on a nearly constant basis, Cerny pretty much showcased this with Spiderman PS4. A proper filesystem is definitely important to get the right performance. APFS already broke some games due to incompatibility, that's just how much of an impact it actually has.

Attached: apfsbreakinggames.png (721x318, 57K)

>The X1 is basement barrel parts
Yeah the X2 is better, but other than that you are completely fucking retarded user.
I mean it was a retarded comparison because AMD does not make ARM chips, and Nvidia does not make x86 chips. But what is it with shitposters here and denigrating tegra?

I still don't see any benchmarks proving anything.

>They get sweet bargain deals at the cost of utter shit power/tdp/etc.
you have not looked at any benchmarks recently huh? The tables have flipped

>AMD is lowest bidder again
no surprise there

Attached: amd market share.png (792x432, 132K)

Nigger, you're stupid. Nvidia doesn't even produce x86 APUs.

>There are benchmarks for improved read speeds
Which are nothing compared to say the difference between a high end NVME drive and say a high end Sata drive, despite the fact that these two are almost identical in games.

They will raise the minimum expectations which is good, they won't stop holding back technology though, at some point PCs will outpace consoles again, it might just take longer this time because moore's law got btfo

who said it needed to be an APU or why laptop-grade hardware is a good thing (tm)

>hey get sweet bargain deals at the cost of utter shit power/tdp/etc.
Ryzen has better TDP, performance per watt etc.
>They are just playing on a different plane, asking exorbitant prices because they CAN
But they are not, Intel is doing insane price drops bringing things to lower platforms etc to try and compete. Turns out having the best "gaming chip" does fuck all for their business.

true, but almost is a keyword, difference could be milliseconds but it's there, a bad FS would bottleneck both anyway

>who said it needed to be an APU
Logistical necessity said it needed to be an SoC.

sure, but between the major FS being used today, you would actually need to run like 10000 benchmarks taking into account more than a fraction of a millisecond to find this out. It is not a performance difference in reality, nobody would tell in a blind test, and margin of error would be way larger than the actual difference.

The XboneX is rx470 tier you retard, the 580 is far better than it.

Maybe because anything you else would be more expensive and complicate the whole assembling process you retarded nigger

>AMD

Attached: 5515327431_ac7d075565_b.jpg (1024x768, 547K)

this
the PS4 pro is a furnace

>on 10nm
isn't that scheduled foe 2021

You do realize the next Xbox will be literally identical right? they will have BC and the same hardware. Also my computer has 4 SSDs.

:)

Attached: 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.jpg (1166x910, 144K)

I'm waiting on the Ryzen 3000

Actually Intel was in the custom foundry business, or rather attempted to. It failed.