When will videogames finally look good?

When will videogames finally look good?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ejYttnAXfEY
youtu.be/0Zahz4iGaZw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

okay but ignoring the lighting
video games are capable of alot more complex shapes
then what was in toy story

Left : RTX ON
Right : RTX OFF

for the most part KH3 looks better, the only thing that holds it back is it doesn't have true lighting. if they implemented something like raytracing it would push it far over the edge since everything else is better.

unironically when real time raytracing becomes a thing

>several hours per frame
vs
>30 frames per second in realtime

>30 frames per second
so not realtime either

Attached: 1524954288838.gif (268x325, 1.96M)

are you retarded

>that sheriff star placement fuck up

Attached: 1548775015918.jpg (2800x3146, 584K)

Look at the vest design. Is the movie image reversed?

>left
HERO
>right
ZERO

Left
>soul
Right
>soulless

>for the most part KH3 looks better,
LOOOL

Attached: Comp_Shot_3[1].jpg (1920x1080, 761K)

right looks miles better, are you drunk?

Unironically think right does look worse. I really hate when studios take cartoons and give them super realistic looking textures and lighting but still try to give them the overly exagerated cartoon proportions and figure. I think that is a big reason why KH was such a great series and why going to each level felt so good. They maintained the look and feel of the cartoon they are based off instead of trying to make them look super realistic. It's also why worlds like Halloween Town, Port Royal and TRON where so great because those actually have a sudden switch in textures that emulate the style of their respected movies.

When you stop constantly demanding that they render even more frames at even higher resolutions every second, on computers that take up less and less space.

He's right. Every single thing about the right looks better aside from lighting which, if raytracing were applied, would be a non-issue.

You're a legit retard if you wanna act like the textures and models aren't superior.

LOOOL

Attached: toy story.jpg (1920x1080, 139K)

>right looks miles better, are you drunk?
t. born after 1990

>3D flick from 1995 looks like shit

WOWIE ZOWIE

Attached: shiggydiggy.png (766x429, 398K)

are people blind or trolling???

Attached: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_Z1iDismMThaAdl2DFavNQ-jwrkCHRySp-uujJ_Ub2yEJ6r7d.jpg (300x168, 12K)

>for the most part KH3 looks better,

Attached: 3263494-0530502847-toyst.png (2150x624, 1.54M)

the one on the right is from Toy Story 2, released 5 years after the first one

>posting thumbnails

Attached: 1513113232308.jpg (1280x720, 108K)

Yeah, thank you for proving anons point

3 was such a fucking mistake. Could they not even make an attempt to replicate the rest of the series' style?

That's what 3 does as well for most worlds, but it's hard to appreciate or notice since most of the films represented are CGI

why do you keep proving the user's point

t. literal underage who knows fuck all about actual 3d modelling, lighting and rendering.
I bet you get impressed by unreal 4 "remakes" on youtube too.
Your opinion is fucking irrelevant.

Not really, only Pirates is different for obvious reasons. All the other worlds look the same, even Hercules which absolutely shouldn't which is why it looks so awful.

nice backtracking, you stupid faggot.

>people actually defending kh3 over toy story
wew lads keep playing unreal engine shit

left pic looks flat

not that user, but to be fair, you posted a picture where buzz looks like his face is melting off so

They already can. In 2D that is, where the only limit is artistic ability. You can do anything. 3D is still shit though. It's nothing but compromises on top of comprises because of hardware limitations. Sadly though the only people who care to make 2D games nowadays are indie devs who don't have the skill or the resources to use 2D to it's fullest. It's not fair bros. Devs like VanillaWare are a rare exception.

>A Plastic doll looks like a plastic doll.
based retard.

C'mon. For any idiot in this thread who has not watched the original Toy Story in a while, it does not look good anymore. It's mostly the animations, but seriously, you may be confusing it in your head with the second movie or the third. Dumb fucking thread, OP.

it's the lighting, not the graphical fidelity

I've literally never seen a toy that reflects light like that unless it's a 50 cent chinese McDonalds toy

So fuck off

I guess you're right, but I think that's mostly because Tangled, Frozen, and Big Hero 6 share a similar artstyle

every CG movie since the turn of the decade looks the exact same

More like the shaders suck.

Toy plastics were significantly shittier in the late 80's

I'll never not love how much KH3 makes Yea Forums seethe. Just a cherry on top to the good game and soon Critical will make it even better

>Critical will make it even better

Only if we get proper Data Org battles with expanded movesets and proper revenge values

Otherwise it's just the same game, but maybe I'll actually die more than literally once

You werent even born when this movie came out.
Fuck off.

They should have just went with Pirates style the whole time. I get the disney movies would have to be an exception but there is no excuse for the rest

Attached: 6780602758670.jpg (1877x1034, 184K)

>Left
>Proper shading, depth of view without blurring the background, minute details such as Rex having a tongue
>Right
>Improper shading, shallow camera blurring the background, minute details don't exist
Credit when due, right has some dirt marks on the teeth which is a nice touch, but it also has eyeballs clipping into the model.

UNIRONICALLY if you think right looks better, you're wrong. Not an opinion.

Attached: 1518685186921.gif (425x315, 499K)

Yeah, unfortunately that's true for the most part with few exceptions

>KH3
>good
lmao its the most cringeworthy shitty rpg ever released.
The only good part was the Toy Story cast making fun of the plot every chance they got.

Critical won't fix a fraction of 3's problems. Unless final mix is a director's cut where Nomura just rewrites the whole thing it's still going to be a disappointing mess.

>Gritty realism combined with Anime and Cartoons
Fucking Americans and their hard on for it, i swear. its fucking spreading everywhere.

Sorry that I was born the year after old man

Yeah, yeah, We'll stay off your lawn, now go back to your hospital bed and croak

I seriosuly thought the one on the right was an actual toy at first glance

Attached: 0605770.png (948x948, 594K)

And Mike and Sulley doing the same with Vanitas, both were great

Nvidia shills are earning their money today.

this nigga's bragging about being in his 30's and still caring about cartoons lmfao

Pixar verrsion looks more..well, plastic

>different lighting conditions

imagine being blind and shitposting on the internet

very brave

how come his sherrif's badge is in a different place

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not true user. It has nothing to do with gritty realism, it's just how KH was always meant to be. Everytime we get something big it's always in the 'Gritty realism combined with Anime and Cartoons' style. It will eventually get to that point as graphics get better and become easier to use.
youtube.com/watch?v=ejYttnAXfEY

they already do

The movie image is backwards. Zoom in and look at the "By Andy" on the drawing.

youtu.be/0Zahz4iGaZw

They already do. You just intentionally posted a really ugly game.

>japanese game
>blames Americans for it
literally obsessed

There's no DoF on the image on the left, there's just bad textures.

Critical mode will get fucked by kupo coin

>Real time rendering vs render farm that took weeks to do frame by frame

Yeah, nah, you fags who try to compare the two are stupid as hell. You gonna complain about the color of an orange next?

Seek mental help

Can't they just disable that item from appearing in shops?

>You gonna complain about the color of an orange next?
It's like an apple fucked a lemon and everyone is somehow okay with that.

>implying that’s the only problem with this game

>implying they’ll restrict items in a difficulty mode

If Critical Mode is "not for the faint of heart" like they claim it to be, then I could see them removing that from shops so that they can emphasize the difficulty level

And when they don’t youll just defend it by saying “lmao just don’t use it”

>OLD GOOD NEW BAD
fuck this board

No, actually, I won't. I've been enjoying this series as a newcomer, but I don't care that much.
I don't play on the hardest difficulty in most games I play.

I want to be choked with those thighs.

Yes, this is a cold hard fact, zoomer.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-06-03-20-24-00.png (1080x1920, 587K)

Name 1 (one) good game released in the last 2 years

He trolls but a fuckload of modern game rendering relies on prerendering aka baking everything.

>Sorry that I was born the year after old man
holy shit it was true

why am I still in this kindergarten

The hell did they do with my boy?

Soul cos soulless thread?

SILKY SMOOTH 1 FRAME PER 7 HOURS

Play on a harder difficulty

he didn't have a loicense to own that knoife and had to bin it

KH3 doesn’t have any hard difficulties

literally a few years when games are raytraced
and more than one sample per pixel

looks like herc never quite fully recovered from that depression

Level 1 is balanced and good
I bet you didn't even play the game

Remember when Sony said that the left is what PS2 games would look like

Level 1 still isn’t hard, and telling people to intentionally handicap themselves for a challenge doesn’t make the game better. That’s like telling people who complain about the other games being easier to use Kingdom Key only.

>intentionally handicap
More like play the game the way it was meant to be played. You still didn't play the game, much less at level 1, or else you'd know it doesn't handicap you at all beyond actually making bosses challenging.

Texture work on the KH3 pic is much better

when consoles die out.

>Texture work on the KH3 pic is much better
you are actually blind, holy shit.

If you have to turn off a base mechanic of the game to have any semblance of challenge/fun then the game isn't properly balanced, simple as that.

>Base mechanic
>When disabling leveling only stops you from learning Second Chance and Leaf Bracer
>And zero other abilities since you get those from boss fights instead
You're a filthy casual who didn't even play the game you're complaining about. A literal reactionary secondary.

unironically soul vs soulless

>Leveling isn’t a base mechanic
Is this the power of KH3 fanboys?

realtime will never look as good as pre rendered.

I'm noticing it now, his gun holster and scarf are also opposite. The damn thing is reversed.

When you realize photorealistic isn't the only way to make something look good. Just say photorealistic if that's what you mean. And yes, real time accurate lighting is the big hurdle.

To be fair, retards make the same claim of 1 and 2 as well, mostly 2.

look at all these old ass faggots arguing over soul vs soulless CARTOONS lmaoo have sex

>He doesn't know how abilities are given out in this game compared to the other games and why it makes leveling redundant
FILTHY
REACTIONARY
CASUAL

What claim? To play Level 1? They don’t say you’re forced to play that since the game fails at basic difficulty.

>They don’t say you’re forced to play that since the game fails at basic difficulty.
The most autistic of them do. I see retards all the time claim that unless you played KH2 lvl 1 critical with only the Kingdom Key then you didn't actually play the game.

>More like play the game the way it was meant to be played.
The game was meant to be played on a meme challenge that they put no effort into?
>it doesn't handicap you
Level 1 is a handicap, even if it doesn’t make the game harder.

Literally never seen that. But even if they do, both KH1 and KH2 have well designed level 1’s, more-so KH2.

Describe how it handicaps you in any way beyond taking away your second revive. Go on, I'll wait.

Chip damage.

>How is halting your leveling a handicap?
>How is permanently being on level 1 a handicap?
You can’t be this retarded

Are the game devs tumblr or what? All faces are in a constant blush

Nope, you can upgrade your keyblades which completely eliminates it. And formchanges and combos deal ridiculous damage on top of that.

So you can't even list one single actual handicap. How typical of a secondary. Try actually playing video games for once.

>photorealistic
>animated movie
Double nigger did me a trigger

>you can upgrade your keyblades
Well then you aren't doing a true level 1 run if you're leveling up your Keyblades, are you?

Right needs to get RTX and it will be complete.

Right looks better.
Right looks better.
Right looks better.

Have sex.

Nigger does the level 1 run say "No keyblade leveling"? It says to stay at level 1, which makes bosses a threat.

>So you can't even list one single actual handicap.
>Doesn’t see being level 1 the whole game by choice as handicap
You genuinely are this retarded.

>And formchanges and combos deal ridiculous damage on top of that.
Why advertise people to play level 1 when you yourself admit it’s not any harder than the base game. Level 1 is not well balanced as seen by the lack of damage scaling, and it’s never a challenge since the game is fundamentally piss easy.

Your keyblades aren't level 1 so it doesn't count, try playing real video games sometime sweaty.

>which makes bosses a threat.
What bosses? The ones with easily avoidable moves? The ones that deal no damage to you even while on level 1? The ones you can literally one-shot? The ones your AI party members win for you? The minigame ones? The bosses in KH3 aren’t hard, and them retaining their easyness even on lvl1 highlights how easy KH3 truly is.

>Doesn’t see being level 1 the whole game by choice as handicap
I asked you to list me an actual handicap, faggot. Show me the difference between a character at the end of the game at level 1 and one at level 50 that makes level 1 a handicap instead of an actual difficulty tier. If you can't even do that then you're just a secondary with no interest whatsoever in a challenge.

>Your keyblades aren't level 1 so it doesn't count!
>Expecting me to fight every battle as if it were Yiazmat
The point of the level 1 playthrough is to make bosses hit as hard as they can, because very few keyblades give you increased defense options instead of moderate attack options, so you can't just mash X and get through all the battles. The bosses can and will kill you and gate you from progressing until you learn their patterns and figure out the best way to avoid damage and return it in the open time you're given. On a level 99 proud run you can kill the mysterious adversaries so fast you'd never see their DM. On level 1 you can see it twice, meaning you must master defending against it or else you die. Master Xehanort also pulls his DM twice on average there, so you can't just luck your way through the first, you MUST know how to survive. That's what makes it good, because you can't ignore the game any longer. PLAY THE VIDEO GAME

>The ones that deal no damage to you even while on level 1?
So none of them?
>The ones you can literally one-shot?
Again, none of them?
>The ones your AI party members win for you?
You mean Larxene and...?
>The minigame ones?
What game are you playing?
>The bosses in KH3 aren’t hard, and them retaining their easyness even on lvl1 highlights how easy KH3 truly is.
You didn't play the game at all. Pathetic.

>its another retard that can't understand the difference between videogame graphics and pre rendered animated movie graphics thread

oh boy i sure do love these

Attached: 1534825719413.jpg (600x800, 84K)

>So none of them?
Did you even play lvl 1? Bosses literally don’t deal any damage to you, there’s not a single boss outside of maybe Dark Inferno who has the ability to kill you, unless you’re mentally handicapped.
>Again, none of them?
>He never used summons in this game
Explains why you found it so hard and feel the need to shill it. You can literally one-shot multiple bosses.
>You mean Larxene and...?
Saix
>What game are you playing?
>Dark Baymax isn’t a minigame boss
>Every PoTC boss isn’t a minigame boss
>Luxord isn’t a minigame boss
I’m starting to doubt you even played this game, not just on lvl1.
>You didn't play the game at all. Pathetic.
Not an argument and you’re clearly projecting as seen by your former statements.

When will Disney realized PIXAR was a mistake.

left:soul
right:soulless

LA CREATURA ESCONDIDA

>Did you even play lvl 1?
I did, twice now. Had a lot of fun.
>Bosses literally don’t deal any damage to you, there’s not a single boss outside of maybe Dark Inferno who has the ability to kill you, unless you’re mentally handicapped.
Factually incorrect, there's lots of bosses that can and will kill you if you aren't careful, and there are some ones that won't. Even fucking Yellow Operas can quickly stunlock you to death if you get ambushed, so you must pay attention at all times.
>He never used summons in this game
Summons won't save your ass and you can and will take damage while using them, negating the full heal when you could've just evaded instead.
>Saix
It's supposed to be Roxas's revenge match, not yours, and Saix will still kill you anyway unless you make an active effort to stay alive.
>Dark Baymax isn’t a minigame boss
It's a dual boss, and one you still must pay attention to or else you die.
>Every PoTC boss isn’t a minigame boss
You mean the intro boss that you fight with Jack, the underwater boss, and Davy Jones? None of those are minigame bosses. Ruler of the Sky and Luxord's ship battles are, but that's because he's Luxord and has always been a minigame boss.
>Luxord isn’t a minigame boss
See above.
>Not an argument and you’re clearly projecting as seen by your former statements.
You're completely pathetic since it took you this long to come up with any arguments whatsoever while I've been here the whole time.

>there's lots of bosses that can and will kill you if you aren't careful
>if I put down my controller I’ll die to a boss
Again, name one.
>Summons won't save your ass and you can and will take damage while using them
Yeah you didn’t play the game, and even if you did you not using everything to the best of its ability shows that you’re an inferior and bad player who probably found the base Proud mode hard.

Summons still have the ability to one-shot multiple bosses, even on level 1, and completely trivialize things that should be challenging.
>It's supposed to be Roxas's revenge match
I’m not just talking about the second part of Saix’s fight, and even then the AI is still winning the fight for you even if intentional or not.

I’m also not just talking about Saix, in multi battles your party members will constantly be dealing damage and the next thing you know the remaining boss has no HP. A good example of this is the Xigbar/Repliku fight.
>minigame bosses are minigame bosses
So then why did you say this game had no minigame bosses?
>You're completely pathetic since it took you this long to come up with any arguments whatsoever while I've been here the whole time.
It took you longer to reply than it did me, not like it matters. It’s probably very hard for you to pull things out of your ass after getting btfo’d.

Ironic, Unreal makes every single texture look like plastic or something with vaseline all over, I guess it's natural that the plastic toy would look better in the Unreal version.

>the plastic toy would look better in the Unreal version.
It really does not

>It's supposed to be Roxas's revenge match, not yours
Then we should have played as Roxas, not let the game play itself. What revenge does he even need on Saix? He already whooped his ass in Days.

Lmao, zoom in the texture on his back and it's all blury shit

Not him but clearly the right has a higher resolution texture. more details.

Anyone who defends 3 playing itself for any reason is retarded, don't bother.

I played on fucking proud, what do you want me to do? Mod the game?

And before you say "lel play level 1" I've done that in 1FM and 2FM. I'm waiting for a critical level 1 that's worth a damn.

Because you're an ancient incel that forgets that time moves on and seems to think that people in their 20's are children

proof how hard vidya has plateau'd, but more than that, how fucking trash unreal engine is, I knew KH3 was garbage the second I saw it and all the fucking morons on this board were still hyped for it

To be fair 2FM Level 1 was actually balanced and had thought put into it

Base critical can provide a solid enough challenge as is for a first playthrough

The more plastic looking style of KH3 actually helps in this case since it makes a toy, look even more like a toy.

Then what makes you think 3 won't?

Where does he say that? He actually says the opposite here.

10 years

I can't see 3 critical being much more of a challenge than proud, because 3 is fundamentally different than 2FM in a number of ways.