Is he, dare I say it, right?

Is he, dare I say it, right?

Attached: 4r6sqywtxqs21.png (594x344, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/213780/Borderlands_2_Collectors_Edition_Pack/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

inb4 raging steam stans

Niggers are never right about anything.

Attached: 1542493682865.png (854x655, 630K)

Couldn't the same be said about having to figure out if a game is good despite a bunch of journos crying for non-game related reasons like big anime tits?

Attached: 1479618687178.jpg (367x295, 18K)

who would trust reviews from strangers?

of course he's right

Well they could be banned from posting steam reviews so that only the devs can see the posts from these spammers. That sounds pretty radical on Valve standards though.

No he's retarded because steam already marks review bombs

I'm confused, doesn't Steam show your play time in your review?

sure, but that has nothing to do with the topic

not sure
maybe the reviewer can turn that on/off?

Attached: boo.jpg (346x976, 38K)

Who reads reviews? Do you have autism or something?

Just watch some game play footage to see how much you like it.

literally who trying to get that sweet Epic money.

Just fucking die for posting this shit

Yeah guys your reviews are wasting this man's precious time deciding what vidya he wants to play.
Seriously though who the fuck bases what games they're going to play off of user reviews?

>BLACKEDB0ND

>trusting bullshots
l m a o

>wants to play games
>doesn't realize he's by definition a social reject too
>pot can't stand his internalized kettlephobia

Yes, fuck freedom of speech, ban everyone

ok this is epic

Attached: lol.png (627x356, 30K)

No, you can certainly curb or delete the review, but you can't ban a person for expressing a valid opinion with an ulterior motive.

Yes

He's complaining that he has to actually LOOK at reviews to see if they have any merit, as opposed to judging a games worth based on overall approval. Nearly all review bombs like the recent BL2 ones are pretty clear as to why the wash of negativity stems from. And a review is as much his right as anyone elses, you can't ban people because of their opinion being different than yours.

This nigga is lazy and can't be bothered to apply himself.

It's just like what I have to do with metacritic!

there's that fag talk again

>reading user reviews
>not looking at footage or trying a demo or pirate to make an informed decision yourself
I know people are lazy bums who can't put effort into anything but it irks me when their entire existence lack effort

Attached: 1555194233446.jpg (2078x2107, 467K)

What a non-issue.

It does

Meh, it's stream so it's not a big issue either way.
Steam is a censored hellhole already so this is basically pissing in the ocean.

>buy game
>try game
>refund or keep playing
what an eluding process

no
look at what the reviews say, instead of blindly looking at the scores
fucking illiterate nigger monkeys

they should just add a separate system for it, like publisher/developer reputation or just a forum without ratings to complain about shit

>gameplay recorded by actual players
>HURR BULLSHOTS DURR
kill yourself retard

based and redpilled

Why do people act like review bombing is something that happens everyday?
Review bombs are rare and generally takes a second to find out why its being blasted.

Attached: 1523791281265.png (750x300, 20K)

those videos might not exist and it's a lot easier to just look at the reviews and see if there are any obvious problems with the game or not than to wade through youtube

>reading is hard, I want to just look at a number and know

Attached: 1518561291655.png (637x445, 54K)

Are these people slow or something, review bombs get hidden from the overall score by default like 2 weeks ago or something?

>I now have to waste my time figuring out if a game actually has negative feedback or if its a bunch of social rejects crying for other non-game related reasons
Yes, yes it could

no,
if you want to trust reviews, you read them.
This guy is basically saying:
"I WANT TO BLINDLY MAKE MY CHOICE BASED ON 'POSITIVE' REVIEWS INSTEAD OF ACTUALLY READING REVIEWS OR WATCHING GAMEPLAY BECAUSE I'M A FUCKING RETARD"

>If their "expression" is an abuse of the system and terms of service, yes, you can ban them.

>It’s a bunch of Social rejects crying over non game related reasons
Might as well make this the new banner

>has to actually read the reviews instead of making his decisions based off of numbers reviewing a subjective product
oh no

Well he's certainly right about social reject crying for no reason

Attached: peshkovistock82617687small.jpg (1200x799, 128K)

Yes both need to be banned because they two sides of the same turd

Attached: 612D10A6-9E5F-4AA6-8710-11F9DF6DF005.jpg (225x225, 9K)

>refund not available in all countries
>refund requires jumping through hoops with your bank in some countries
>can't refund certain payment methods
>paying full price for a demo/test run in the first place

Who fucking cares. It's not like user reviews were ever worth a shit.

No.
Review bombing is a way for consumers to express their sentiment.
Clearly publishers, devs give no fucks about what the consumers, about what their community has to say so the only way to actually make us be heard is to harm them financially.

Review bombing shouldn't be treated with this hostility if you value consumer rights. It is right now, the only way for displeased consumers to be heard.
And costumers have reasons to be angry at Epic, at Take2.

Attached: 1506370496956.jpg (400x597, 80K)

no

he should follow curators he trusts

>wwwaaaahhh
>I have to actually read reviews instead of looking at an aggregate score
>please Mommy spoonfeed me the good numnums
>I crowdsource all my decisions

>literally who Twitter post
Kill yourself.

Valve should ban users who participate in writing clickbait for tabloids. When I'm looking for games to play I now have to waste my time figuring out if a game actually has negative feedback or if it's a bunch of BBC and CNN rejects crying for other non-game related reasons.

Fifa and COD are Vidya and it’s literally the most normie thing you can do behind play Wii Sports

I wish you fags would crop in the RT's to see if this shit idea actually had any traction

>look up footage on YT
>"wwwWHATISUPGUYS it's ya boi"

wiping your own shit all over the front door of an establishment is a way to express your sentiment, too, why don't people do that?

>playing fifa all day instead of hanging out with ladies at the bar/mall/church social
Incel cope

this shit

>hurr readen hard 2mee
this is the same reason why we have the numerical score system in game reviewing which is so fucking garbage.
if you cant take two minutes of your time to actually read some full reviews you deserve the shitty game you will inevitably buy.

Attached: 1526766380727.png (309x249, 26K)

goddamnit every time

Don't lie, people do it to you all the time.

Nice hyperbole not at all comparable to what review bombing actually is.
>0.5 Epic coins got deposited into this account

then mute the sound, numbnuts

If it’s not game related ie
>Game is unfinished
>Game is buggy
>Game contains malware mining bitcoin for some gooks 1/2 the world away

Being a Epic store exclusive is not a valid review reason

Attached: B500192C-982D-4AFC-AB4C-233EF968FD27.jpg (1280x720, 89K)

NO NO NO I AM A REAL JOURNALIST PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: lil zoom.jpg (1137x779, 565K)

I don't think I've ever heard of a single case of "review bombing" that wasn't at least a little bit deserved.

Attached: 1542659376994.png (560x407, 15K)

One will be banned, the other will not. I think we both know which group will be banned.

You sure showed user with that absurdist strawman

Is Steam RIP?

You're a dumb piece of shit nigger. Kys faggot.
Also, no.

reviewbombing is literally the digital version of a bunch of autistic retards wiping their own shit all over steam's front door

>valve should ban someone from an account with thousands of dollars worth of games because they said a game is bad

Yea that would go over well.

Detention

My favorite streamer is a bit better with a calmer
“Why Hello. It’s your boi”

I'm sorry user but you haven't gone through the years of training and rigor required to be a critical games journalist. Games Journalists have fortified their ideas over years and comparing a bunch of anons to professionals just isn't very fair. Maybe when you can manifest correct ideas you'll be permitted to speak them in the public square.

Well lucky for him Steam has an algoritm that hides review bomb periods.

So rather than yell like a retard about other retards maybe he should switch it on. Or maybe it's on by default and he's just spouting his retarded bullshit for no reason.

>non-game related reasons
How the fuck can he know they're non-game related reasons?
Games are review bombed for game related reasons. Just like there are non-bomb reviews that are for non-game related reasons.
Fuck.

I don't think I've ever heard a single case of "review bombing" that wasn't a small but vocal group of angry virgins screeching into the void and making no difference.

>i have to read reviews instead of seeing "mostly positive" or "mostly negative" and immediately making a decision
>ban anyone who has caused me to do this
give them a fucking award more like

Who is the rapper with the clip in his headband because that's some next level shit

I never look at steam reviews.

Journalists doing it is actually much worse than consumers review bombing because journalists have disproportionate visibility. Consumers basically can't do wrong because they foot the bill on the whole industry and thus by default any whim of theirs should be obeyed, meanwhile journos are just parasites.

Haha, some nobody's opinion on Twitter!

Attached: 1533343513076.gif (390x373, 2.54M)

Review bombing is the only way for consumers to effectively harm a publisher reputation and popularity.
The only way also for consumers, for the underdogs, for you and me, to show our sentiment, to make the publishers aware of how displeased you and I are.

No matter how many emails you send, how many pointless change.org votes you bring to the big guys to show how their fans, how the people who pay for their houses and food, are angry at their decisions, the big boys give no fucks about you, about what you have to say, even if you are right.

The only way to actually generate some reaction, the only way to make them turn their heads, is to actually hurt them and the only way to hurt them is through financial and marketing ways.
Making their games not popular, give their games a poor reception and a negative atmosphere surrounding them.

If Take2 actually heard what their fans had to say, there wouldn't be a need for review bombing.

Attached: 1509122272659.jpg (859x1024, 141K)

what a fucking faggot, just don't read the reviews and play the game you fucking retard

Are these retards willingly inoring the fact that review bombs happen for a reason?

>you can see the boxes were the time played was cut off
a little effort, please

This. Developers/publishers that have a good relationship with their consumers do no get review bombed.

But you know what the keypoint here is?
DIGITAL
If we could do it IRL legally, everyone wouldve done it ten times over.

I don't know if you are being a smart ass, but it is true.
I don't remember any review bombing or hostility towards CD Projekt and The Witcher series. Mostly because they don't shit in their fans mouths and actually provide good content for the people who support them.

>Incel
Cuntface I am a sexual degenerate
You name it I’ve likely done it.
Missionary
Anal
Shower
Public is my favorite though
The mall in the bathroom where 2 weirdos are have a full conversation on the John while I’m boning my girlfriend.
Dillard’s dressing room
public park getting head on a kid’s slide for the lulz
A church courtyard doing doggy in front of a Jesus
And Several Couples swap

Attached: 77DAF9BE-75C7-48CA-9CFD-7F8B7395B1D4.gif (300x225, 814K)

Yes, doesn't discredit his point, only strengthens it.

what?
it's a straight screenshot, i haven't edited anything
go here and see for yourself
store.steampowered.com/app/213780/Borderlands_2_Collectors_Edition_Pack/
scroll down
if you can see time played, there must be a way to enable/disable that i am unaware of

AND TAKE THEIR LIBRARIES WOOOOOOOOOOO

nice

It sounds pretty dumb. But really if all the little ching chong bugmen want to let all the other little ching chong bugmen know that the dev insulted grorious reader so that they as a hivemind can make the decision to not give the dev money, is it really any different in practice from nerds channeling their butthurt into a review bomb advising people against giving the devs money on account of them acting like massive kikes? As long as all the chinks are genuinely butthurt enough to leave negative reviews rather than it being done by bots I don't see that they don't have the right to be stupid.

I'd agree that it likely doesn't do anything in practice, but it does seem to cause actual mad from somewhere. Thought thinking about it it's probably less devs being mad at losing sales and more journos being mad at losing their monopoly on moral outrage and digital lynch mobs.

>review bomb game because it doesn't work
>"lol social rejects I don't listen to you"

I think this guy is just in a rebellious teenager phase and just wants to hate things based on the (((incel boogeyman)))

Game journalists should be lynched

>people are making me think for myself
>YEAH, BAN EM

the fix to that problem literally is:
spend more than 30 seconds scrolling through reviews

>borderlands huh? Guess I'll try it.
>oh shit bad reviews. Wonder what they say.
>huh, so the positive reviews are good and the new bad reviews are talking about the epic store
>so if I like the sound of the game I just need to watch out for the third game, see if I want any part of this Epic store shit
>cool, will do.
>buy borderlands 1

Done. That's how you read this shit. If people are review bombing there's a reason. Only time it wasn't justified was when that one Roman game or whatever added in female generals. Other than, I've always seen it for good reasons. This is what happens when a game is treated as a service, that service can change and so can the reviews.

No.
Valve should had developer/publisher ratings though separate from the game that shows up right next to it.
A game might be good, but knowing the people behind it have fucked people over after purchasing a game in the past is also good to know.

Did this moron actually assume negative reviews align with his values before review bombing was a thing. Sometimes a game with mixed reviews has genuine negative feedback for something I personally don't mind and sometimes one well written negative review has convinced me a positively reviewed game might not be for me. Steam reviews are a good resource if you bother to actually dig into them, but this waste of space wants Valve to curate a list of people whose taste aligns exactly with his because he's too fucking lazy to read.

Attached: 90b.png (640x295, 209K)

>Being a Epic store exclusive is not a valid review reason
What would you deem invalid? I'm sure most people would change their mind about a potential purchase if the developer donates all revenue to a terrorist group.

>Nothing suspicious about a game pissing off the customer and now they are review bombing a game

Just trash reviews entirely and utterly.

I'd question the morality of a person who sees a game is getting review bombed and thinks "there is no good reason behind this, fuck consumers" that type of person can't be trusted.

Why the fuck would you even consider listening or reading some faggy review from some idiot. Watch the trailer or read the game description, reviews are bias bs with focus on personal opinions either from the company or the guy that got paid to say shit about the game. You are better of making your own opinions rather than listening to somebody else bias.

You don't have to read them if you don't care.

There must be, as for me the total time played is right beneath the not/recommended text.