PS5

It's not fucking fair PCMRbros. How are they able to get this sort of tech? I just blew $2,600 on a Titan for FUCK sake.

Attached: fmgkbda7og311.png (704x956, 86K)

Probably more than one Titan RTX, considering it's 8K. Based AMD killing PC gaming.

Yeah, it has a fucking SSD, it's over no PC can compete against this colossus of power.

They're really going all out for this one huh

It's gonna be subpar shite. Fuck off.

How did Valve abandoning HL3 and lying to their fans not inspire a more angry reaction among them? It's one of the most ridiculous and shameful bait and switches, or really just outright lies, in gaming history.

Imagine if Bungie had just said "nah, we're not releasing Halo 3. Ever" ten years ago.

It burnt out from radio silence over time

If they'd just said it was cancelled in 2007 people would have hated them for years

when it says 8k it means it will be able to display on 8k tvs not that games will be rendered at 8k
It means upscaled to fit on an 8k display
Notice how they havent mentioned specs for the cpu and gpu yet

>he expects a $2600 tier specs for $499
it's always like this before every new console release

Attached: animelaugh2.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

Because console niggers dont know anything about pc specs other than heavily marketed terms like 4k and 8k

He reads 8k and doesnt even think about what it means, he probably doesnt even realise it means upscaled, He will be lucky if its even rendered at 4k, also he probably also doesnt know how this would affect his frame rate either

Attached: 1555426452078.jpg (2000x2470, 1.4M)

They'll use their market dominant position to sell each unit at a loss I'm guessing, which is great. The 360 was also sold at a loss when it was released, and it was excellent value for money as a result.

>8k
PS4 pro can't even do 4k native
>RTX
Maybe at 10fps
>An ssd
Nice, you can finally enjoy tech that the pc has had for decades

I'm primarily a PC gamer but if it offers decent value and fucks over nvidia, then good. It's insane top-end GPUs are >$2000 these days, and the "master race" cucks that support that shit are moronic faggots.

>They'll use their market dominant position to sell each unit at a loss*
*This is what snoyggers actually believe

Valve let enough time pass that it just became another Duke Nukem Forever. The key bit of information here is that the half life series is super overrated and nobody actually really cared that much.people love valve for steam, portal, and tf2, not half life.

This was the standard pricing model until the current, 8th generation of consoles. The PS2, PS3, 360 and original xbox were all sold at a per-unit loss. The business model was built around game attachment rates making up that shortfall over time.

Anyone buying a PC these days is stupid given how overheated the component market is anyway.

Stupid zoomer. HL2 was overrated, but people were still massively invested in seeing the story arc concluded 10-15 years ago.

It's a very common strategy. They make their profits through game sales and so selling as many consoles as possible is their goal.

I got my 970 at launch for 300 and something bucks, and it's lasted me pretty much the entire lifespan of the PS4.

Those $2000 gpu's are business grade, and in many cases have worse performance in games than the consumer line of products.

The 4k/8k meme goes to show how stupid some people can be. The difference between 1080p and 4k on a 55inch TV is barely noticeable. Nobody seems to realise either that the biggest hit to pc performance is the resolution, and how games can go from unplayable to high framerates simply by switching between 720p and 1080p. Sony is laughing because they can trick people into believing its all in """"8k"""" when at best it will be upscaled.

>I got my 970 at launch for 300 and something bucks

The extortionate pricing kicked in after that. The 9XX range was the last reasonably priced one.

>business grade

No they're not. GPUs for things like video-editing etc are something else entirely.

>no difference between 1080 and 4k on a 55 inch tv

Get your eyes checked you blind cunt

4k is barely noticeable on monitors up to about 32 inches. On 50+ inch TVs its very noticeable. Another reason not to bother with PC peasantry.

What was that movie called again?

Attached: 1552556892786.gif (270x270, 499K)

What's the difference then if its so obvious?

Remember when you were waiting for games to be 128 bit?

In all honesty, being pissed about what one platform has over another feels like a losing battle no matter who I go to bat for.
>PS4, and likely 5
Censorship for no reason.
>Xbox
Nothing exclusive to it that I'm interested in.
>Nintendo
Only a couple games I'm interested in playing.
>PC
Shitty ports that rarely get fixed and come out months after the console versions.

This hobby sucks, I'm going to bed.

It looks a lot better, I'm not joking you probably need glasses if you can't tell the difference

reminder that it's valve who numbered the years pc gaming has left

Hi, did you liked my job in the PS4 pro to pretend the system can kinda do 4k? i will be back on PS5 in full force!
I will upscale the raytraced parts from 720p/360p to 4k, then i will upscale the 4kish picture to 8k!

Attached: Checkerboard.jpg (640x360, 25K)

>it looks better
In what way? Or have you convinced yourself it looks better to make the financial investment sting less?

Memento
I appreciate this is probably elaborate bait

>bits
It's not that "they mattered in the past", but they never mattered at all.
Snes and sega master system use bits on the EXACT SAME WAY in every aspect.
So either you call snes 8bit, or you call sega master system 16bit, and by the bits alone, you have to say they have identical capacities.

This and 32bit machines running crysis.

>people unironically believe that it will actually have SSD and 8k native output
I mean, if you want $1.5k console, then yeah, sure.

The 10 series launched at the same prices as 9. Miners jacked up the prices significantly, though in fairness Nvidia did nothing to meet the new demand for gpu's.

It's way clearer and more natural looking. I don't even own one, I've used it before at my friend's, if you haven't experienced it yet see if you can, you'll notice the difference immediately.

What's so unbelievable about a console coming with a SSD?

GPU companies and producer's goods suppliers have had near on a decade now to plow the requisite fixed capital investment to build new plants and new capital equipment. They haven't done it. PC components, including RAM, being ridiculously expensive is a phenomenon here to stay. Why shouldn't I buy a PS5 that is sold at a loss and has massive economies of scale further improving its value?

>They'll use their market dominant position to sell each unit at a loss I'm guessing
This is what they did with the ps3 and it was a colossal flop.

The price. Unless you want 120 GB SSD that is. And it is after the recent price drop.

They're more expensive than an hdd. Even if the price goes down in the future you'd have to look at the cost of shipping hundred/thousands of consoles with SSDs - which would add up pretty quick.

The PS3 has sold in excess of 100 million units.

I miss the days when consoles actually went all out and tried stuff with exotic hardware.

I really wanted to play that Lifeline sequel.

Welcome to monopoly world, where only two relevant video chip companies exist.

And with games. Remember all the unusual games that were released for the PS3? Remember Folklore?

Imagine being this wrong. Yea Forums just keeps getting dumber and dumber.

So realistically, what sort of power will we expect from the PS5? At ~$400ish you can get a 2060 and 500gb SSD. If the PS5 costs $500 at launch, my guess is a 2060, unless they cut a deal with AMD and will be using Navi GPUs.

It's confirmed they're going to be using Navi, have you not seen the announcements?

>Navi GPU
>8 core/16 thread custom AMD CPU
>24gb GDDR
>SSD