Most popular Bamco franchise in the history of video games

>most popular Bamco franchise in the history of video games
>still no English localization for even a single game

What the fuck?

Attached: 81uyVLsh51L._SX342_.jpg (342x429, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Idolmaster_Shiny_Festa
pastebin.com/afQ6JSnr
youtube.com/watch?v=NAqDjl0D5TQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>most popular Bamco franchise in the history of video games
>In Japan
ftfy

Attached: 1548859836735.jpg (683x406, 99K)

idols are an extremely japanese thing

though the games would probably have their base in the west

snoy

I mean there's plenty of franchises that people deemed "too Japanese" that were eventually localized and proved to be profitable enough to continue their localization.

that character design is soulless

Isn't one of these characters 11 years old?
Doesn't this series have a gravure photo mode?
Yeh, good luck with that shit.

Attached: 1516552015239.gif (250x250, 992K)

There are a few issues relating to this series which makes it unlikely to come over
- The music is a completely separate license from the game
- The sociopolitical ramifications of exploiting young girls
-The touch element is still present though minimized
-Too much spoken text to translate and dub

Attached: 響_8.jpg (1280x720, 404K)

>Isn't one of these characters 11 years old?
Several.

Attached: 1548760212860.jpg (600x800, 147K)

PERFECT FOR THE SWITCH

Attached: 61b.jpg (259x259, 14K)

this post is redditful

>-Too much spoken text to translate and dub
This is not really a barrier anymore considering that many niche games are often localized without a dub at all since the people buying them don't care about dubs. Even games that are actually dubbed tend to have partial dubs because it's expensive and they know most people aren't going to bother playing the dub.

The fucking nips threaten banco that if the game ever get translated they will boycot the fucking franchise.

They'd have to dub all the songs into English since americans won't listen to j-pop.
They'd have to pay the original japanese record labels for the music anyway
They'd have to let those darn misogynists let their imouto hold the controller so they could play their girl's game
All in all, the people in charge decided it's a prohibitively expensive idea.

Attached: pout.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

I love Japan.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Idolmaster_Shiny_Festa
They are a little behind on rioting then.

>Music license cost
>Text heavy
>Bound to trigger "journalists" out of the earth
It's very much a PSO2-like situation, people who are really into it just get the JP version, and it's not worth the cost/headache to localize it.

>localize games
>it's the shitty iphone ones

PSO2 had a music license cost?

I remember some drama about how buying the game cost over $100 due to music licensing or something too.

I thought PSO2 was a cause of some scriptkiddy american hacker fucked with PSO entirely because of how shit their cybersecurity was once, so the Japanese devs and players cordially invited gaijin to go fuck themselves when PSO2 rolled around and anyone who wanted to play it would have to jump through hoops to do so.

If all this is true then explain why the Love Live game has a full localization.

LOVECHADS ALWAYS WIN!

>strong-arming western pigs out of the fanbase with insane prices and then forgetting about them entirely
Based. im@sfags on this website are cancerous enough already without the franchise going full LL/Bandori and opening the floodgates with an official localization.

Attached: 1538861891840.png (800x600, 142K)

Not music, but PSO2 whole model is F2P with selling costumes as main source of revenue and a lot of those end up being collaborations with franchises like Persona, Nier and stuff.
Dealing with licences from different companies outside Japan is a nightmare, so that's partially why they wouldn't bring it over.

Well. Companies don't really have an excuse for that either though if you look at how GBF just provides an English language button for the Japanese version so they don't have to worry about licensing stuff in different countries because technically it's only been released in Japan. So in all honesty the real reason is xenophobia, or in Idolmaster's case, xenoglossia.

So this is what Miura gave up Berserk for...

Attached: 7p13lavifhc21.jpg (1547x2400, 221K)

>or in Idolmaster's case, xenoglossia

Attached: 1526829445986.png (466x455, 147K)

what the fuck are those games
what even is the gameplay

>localize game
>Pic is unironically one of the worst PS4 game ever made
Oh god fuck no

Rhythm games, usually.

I WANT TO FUCK MOMOKA

Attached: IMG_0120.png (462x607, 379K)

didn't they localize a few of the mobile games and sold them for some retarded price and then went "well I guess there's no IM@S market in the west"? I remember something like that happening.

Kys

Something like that did happen, yes.

Bamco took the three PSP rhythm games that came out in 2012/13, slapped together a translation (with spelling mistakes), and ported them to iOS only. They sold them for $59.99 each. Song DLC was also available, but just like the mainline games, you had to pay out the ass for it. They didn't sell well (gee I wonder why) and eventually they dropped support for them altogether. Just before they stopped support, they put them on sale for $5.99 before pulling them off the platform.

They probably don't even work on the modern version of iOS. I think I still have them on an old iPad from 2012, but that piece of shit probably won't even boot up anymore.

Attached: 1397613160890.gif (282x360, 93K)

That was back in Bamco's dark ages around the same time they put out that truly horrible localization of Hollow Fragment. They've gotten much better these days so I'm surprised they haven't given the franchise a second chance.

I want to see actual IM@S art drawn by Miura. It's a shame he never played into the memes.

Western barbarians cannot comprehend art

Fuck off, weeb.
You shouldn't even be allowed to get into franchises like this unless you speak Japanese.
Good. Maybe your worthless lazy ass can learn Japanese and do something useful with your worthless time.
I fucking hate weebs so much. Always demanding shit and thinking Japan has to pander to them.

They do. It's not like Japan buys stuff. You want people to buy your game, you localize it.

You don't even realize the amount of money im@s brings bamco yearly, do you?

>It's not like Japan buys stuff

Attached: 1513338009181.png (625x773, 111K)

Miniscule compared to what America would bring it. Japanese are so dumb.

>burgers
>buying anything that cost more than $5

Well the game is supposed to be free to play. Your move.

>this character was voted second in the "passion" category

what did japan mean by this

Attached: Hikaru_SS.png (512x512, 125K)

>mainline im@s
>free to play

Who cares about the mainline games? Cinderella Girls is where all the money is.

Is Cinderella Girls way more popular than the newest game? (million live or something like that)
I saw that it has the characters from the 1st anime season

>hate idolshit
>loved the zombies
FUCK MAPPA

Well first off Million Live has been shut down while Cinderella Girls is still going. I think I've made my point.

lol i love im@s. miki is my favorite

Attached: 0413.jpg (1920x1080, 1.05M)

ML is probably the least likely to be localized because of the emphasis it puts on the seiyuu side which has zero chance of translating over to the west. Shiny Colors is the actual newest game and it's on a platform that doesn't seem to want to fuck with the west either, but who knows.

market =/= pander

Shiny Colors is a browser game though, just like Granblue Fantasy, which is translated.

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU SWITCH TO ADVENTURES OF GRIFFITH AND CO MIURA. NO ONE GIVES A SHIT.

Attached: 105955046-352-k139405.jpg (352x550, 52K)

Which im@s games are good?

>They'd have to dub all the songs into English since americans won't listen to j-pop
look at how K-pop emerge to america
it's not that burgers won't listen to j-pop, the Japanese is the one that can't be bothered to market j-pop to US

Attached: blackpink-coachella-2019-a-billboar-1548.jpg (1548x1024, 562K)

All of them, don't believe this liers.

Mainline: Remake on 360, 2, OFA, SS
Mobile: Deresute, Mirishita

>still no English localization for even a single game
>What is Shiny Festa and Viewing Revolution?
You should specify what you mean.

Attached: Screenshot_20180521-142033.png (1920x1080, 775K)

The difference is that unlike jpop kpop is good
Of course American pop is just as shit as the Japanese stuff.

You literally admit that there's no reason why that should be a barrier so I think you just wanted an excuse to shit on k-pop. Do we have a copypasta of Korean atrocities that we can post whenever an obvious Korean post is made?

That Hikaru a cute and deserved a voice.

Attached: 300340.png (1280x824, 1.07M)

Miku games made it over here okay

>Pai touch
Wouldn't get by Snoy's new standards without heavy censorship.

Million Live and the original idols keep living through Theater Days. It's doing pretty good so far.

While it's not racking in as much money as Starlight Stage, it really saved 765 production and seems more alive than ever now.

Attached: __kisaragi_chihaya_mogami_shizuka_and_shibuya_rin_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_and_etc_drawn_by_annin (785x800, 577K)

I'm surprised too, especially with how succesful Love Live has been with western audiences. There IS a sizeable market here for idol games but Bamco just doesn't want to take the chance with a proper release.

That's because they were Sega. An actual non-racist company.

This one is for me

Attached: 151238438498.jpg (600x500, 306K)

So don't release it on Sony. Release it on a real platform: PC. The only platform with complete freedom.

Arisu is such a good girl

People like him are fucking retarded, I remember trying to explain that the Japanese look at piracy as a huge nono and most of them wouldn't dare do that shit, and trying to discuss it with them is a big way to indicate you're scum, but no one wanted to listen to me, it's like none of these faggots that suck Japan's cock even know anything about the culture there.
Hell, there was one thread people were ass blasted about that guy getting taken out of a game for doing cocaine.

Attached: Caveman.jpg (247x204, 4K)

I was referring to Enza.

The guy from Reboot?

After seeing how autistic the english Love Live and Bang Dream community is I think I'd rather keep idolmaster in Japanese

Attached: __morikubo_nono_idolmaster_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_and_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_starlight_sta (1172x1720, 971K)

>After seeing how autistic the english Love Live and Bang Dream community is
Examples?

>kpop is good

Only because they're stealing trends, styles and music styles from black people. All I hear when I listen to Kpop is black music localized for Koreans then sold to white girls in the U.S. If all black musicians right now decided to sound like Death Grips; Kpop producers would force the groups they manage to follow suit.

At least Jpop has an identity of its own.

>kpop is good

Attached: 1337202683033.jpg (562x437, 39K)

>adding a port to the already high costs

pastebin.com/afQ6JSnr

>franchises where men basically extinct
well no shit

the html5 service

Attached: 1536318687774.jpg (320x320, 6K)

After the Granblue thing and the news about Minori dating Okada I started to think the jap love live fandom is as retarded.

>tfw switched to bandori from im@s
Having to rely on fan translations all the time just got tiresome for me.

Attached: 32A3DE3E-DE82-41FA-9679-151A048A8862.png (1334x750, 1.08M)

The male player character will either 1) scare them away or 2) become something they latch on to and complain about endlessly as they leech off of the franchise for yuri shipping

They are though I thought the Okada thing was rather muted.

GUN

Attached: 144897679456.jpg (640x800, 125K)

It's a waifu franchise, none of them are good.

Attached: 1509306863530.jpg (640x608, 69K)

>jap love live fandom is as retarded
This is true. Love Live fans are known to be very disrespectful and retarded in general regardless of region.

Attached: 1531897607007.jpg (2465x3375, 1.47M)

Sega almost killed themselves over gaijan hate back in the day though.

Well there's not much Yuri shippings since pic related happened.

Attached: THE.iDOLM@STER_.SideM.full.2405903.jpg (1280x720, 225K)

Raising Sim, you gotta make your idol the very best, like no one ever was

What's the fucking context for this shit?

Attached: 1495526240319.jpg (984x923, 127K)

I hear Saki is built for penis, is this true?

Newest is Shiny Colors. Here's your main trio.

Attached: 1543920220528.jpg (400x1105, 148K)

I think they localized some of the Xbox 360 games to mobile and the VR game as well. Crazy to think that the only decent im@s localization was on Xbox

Attached: 1555412611538.png (366x461, 162K)

You're absolutely right, as soon as it's "Localized" you get a bunch of retards flocking to it, suddenly it's got politics crammed into it where it's not involved, I'm almost certain Aki would trigger the fuck out of a bunch of retards, you'd have a bunch of individuals with chopped off penises going on and on and on about how any close relationship is gay, therefore politics.
It's so fucking tiresome

Attached: 1554868538311.png (325x610, 232K)

There are a few but most fujoshi seem to have moved over to SideM yeah.

Attached: __kanzaki_ranko_and_ninomiya_asuka_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_and_etc_drawn_by_jofang__636d8901b49d (1441x1024, 220K)

Tokyo 7th Sisters = Idolm@ster > *

Attached: 0041.jpg (640x960, 155K)

Attached: 74115722_p0.jpg (1000x1200, 479K)

theres no way middle left is a boy.

The music in Bandori is better anyway.

We listened to your calls for localization and answered! But unfortunately, there just didn't seem to be the actual audience for these games judging by the sales numbers. We're not sure why. So, sadly, we can't waste any more time localizing iM@S. Please understand.

Attached: 1526950137850.png (365x434, 186K)

There is not enough Otaku outside of japan for it to be profitable.
you can import it gaijin.

He's French. I think that should clear up any confusion.

>playing a game with solely girls and not being a yurifag
Yikes.

I could try to pick your brain for why you think that is but for someone to truly believe that would mean I would have to stoop to the IQ level of someone that actually thinks cramming a bunch of cover songs that fall short of their originals makes the track list "Better"

Attached: Lesser being.gif (480x202, 1.92M)

Attached: 1531936740777.jpg (960x640, 105K)

>open imgur link
>see toilet
>stop scrolling and close link

Even the non-cover songs are better than anything Idolmaster has ever put out.

I don't even dislike yurifags.
I think some yuri is cute.
However, if you make Yuri a political issue, or if you actually believe they're lesbians in canon and get visibly angry when they call a guy cute or get hot for the producer, you're a fucking faggot with mental problems.

>- The sociopolitical ramifications of exploiting young girls
Like we care about that over here

Crazy crazy alone bootyblasts all those shit songs

Regardless if you're right or wrong, it's obvious you're biased.

>it's obvious you're based
Thank you.

None bet all their success on the sexualization of underaged girls throug idolshit.
That shit wouldn't fly past western regulations and/or people would complain a lot about it. Specially nowdays. Introduce Idols to western media and get ready for the left side to throw a shitstorm.

Other guy here, sorry for picking on you, if your hearing is as bad as your eyesight I can see why you enjoy Bandori so much.
Have fun user

Attached: 1553630467594.png (1059x769, 1.1M)

idolm@ster and love live are squeaky clean though, I wish they were lewder

Their point isn't being lewd, you have doujins and fanart for that.
The Im@s Gravure 4U games would definitely be attacked in the west though.

The producer in the games can be female.
Inb4 "but the anime"
>treating the anime as canon just because you don't speak Japanese

i speak japanese and have played all the idolmaster games. the first two were about being a producer and managing and shit. it was like football manager for idol nerds. they were cool games.
every game since then has just been barebones, low effort bemani shit like Live For You with no story or character interaction segments with the girls. platinum stars was particularly disappointing. you just do a rhythm game segment and then read two lines of dialogue saying that you are levelling up. i'd even say that you could play the whole game with no knowledge of japanese. trust me, you aint missing much. first 2 games were cool, though.

Attached: 1553499066835.jpg (1200x799, 199K)

oh yeah I forgot about those gravure games. aside from that though the stuff is damn near Disney-channel friendly

I mean, I guess you could say that, but you could see why, as a man I'd assume the self insert character was male right?
And you can also see why I'd not come to the conclusion of it being a woman as a healthy minded man yes?
And even without the anime cingeki quite obviously shows a male P head

I'd say Disney doesn't have underage girls in skimpy clothes but I'm not up to date with the company and I believe then pulling some weird shit.

>I'd say Disney doesn't have underage girls in skimpy clothes
Literally Jasmine.

What sort of responsibilities do you have as P-san?
Can you fuck up? What are the repercussions?
Can you do dumb shit like sending Yayoi to a gentlemen's club or Makoto to a princess pageant?

3 words for people that pretends idols are some weird jap pedo shit.
Child
Beauty
Pageants

Attached: 1551737722696.png (735x1329, 690K)

I agree with you for the most part. But sometimes you get some raunchy stuff.

Attached: Miku_SS_SSR3+.png (1280x824, 1.26M)

Love Live was localized and there was no outrage though, what the actual fuck are you smoking? The only controversy I ever heard of was actually that the company had made some questionable translation decisions and after some complaining it was fixed, and that had to be over four years ago.

13 y/o

Attached: Kurumi_SR5%2B.jpg (640x800, 102K)

Attached: 7875159.webm (1280x622, 1.23M)

Because no one wants to hear filthy Canadians singing Texas translations in Californian adaptations of idolshit presented by UK PR teams.

>The west doing weird creepy shit makes Japan's weird creepy shit not weird and creepy.
No.

Attached: 1552038237411.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

In Asia

SO glad I got her on those free rolls

Attached: 1546647147839.jpg (576x1024, 82K)

>What sort of responsibilities do you have as P-san?
in the first games, you had to choose your girls, and then manage different activities. you could send them to "lessons" to improve their idol attributes (visual, voice, dance) or send them to do stuff tv spots or a bake sale kinda thing to advertise the group. stuff that actual idol groups do. then when you had enough fans, you would go do the live show, like a concert or a pop music program. you would also regularly have VN style segments where you talk to and encourage the girl(s), and they'd ask you multiple choice questions to make sure you'd been paying attention etc, etc.
in the new games, absolutely all of that has been removed except the rhythm game parts. like i said, in platinum stars, you choose the girls, name your group, then choose a song and do a rhythm game. then you see whats basically a still image of their dorm and read some dialogue about how they're improving. then you choose a song and do a rhythm game. then dialogue about improving. then you choose a song...
they're shockingly uninspired and low effort.

Attached: bomipanda.jpg (700x1023, 207K)

The point is that it's not "Weird and creepy" enough to stop it from being a thing in the west so why in the fuck would these fags have a leg to stand on trying to criticize fictional idol girls, it's moronic.

THIS IS THE YEAR

I want to open a pet store with Hibiki and marry her best friend Takane!

Attached: MDZtmek.jpg (566x1161, 148K)

I too find that many blonde characters look suspiciously similar to Miki Hoshii.

Anyone who is complaining about it is fighting a fictional enemy because similar games have been localized without issue so the reason Bamco is hesitant to localize Idolmaster is probably something else entirely.

The fanbases Love Live and Bandori have garnered in the west are actually excellent justification to keep everything Im@s Japan-only.

That's from a personal standpoint, not a financial standpoint.

Okay fine this song is pretty good but I'm watching a video and does the game seriously have no animation besides the notes moving? That's pretty ghetto for such a big money making franchise.

youtube.com/watch?v=NAqDjl0D5TQ
???

What are you watching? Both mobile rhythm games have full 3d animations.

I like this whore.

Attached: __alessandra_susu_tokyo_7th_sisters_drawn_by_kurokin__c6605886c57459810510f29ebfe53940.jpg (2180x3739, 563K)

There aren't people in the west legally selling fan-made porn of the children in the beauty pageants.

For me, it's Rika.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] THE iDOLM@STER CINDERELLA GIRLS - 04 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_04.12_[2015.01.30_15.10.34] (1920x1080, 226K)

That's good because those kids are real.

Well I was watching a couple Starlight Stage videos but I guess the first two I came across had animations turned off or something. So it's more like Project Diva, that makes more sense. Although my mobile device that struggles with Fate Grand Order would probably not be able to run that at all.

Cute butt/fang/buttfang

Well, that is why there's an option to turn it off.
You can watch MVs separate of game play if you so desire.

>pretending something looked down upon and in some countries straight up illegal is equivalent to the multi-billion dollar Japanese idol industry

>buttfang
How would that work?

>That's pretty ghetto for such a big money making franchise.
Majority of big money making mobile games don't even have 3D graphics and instead use flash animation level of tweening sprites.
Theater Days and Starlight Stage is on a completely different level when it comes to production values. And Starlight Stage is almost 4 years old now.

Attached: image0 (3).jpg (2388x1668, 709K)

I only like Iori.

Gimme a list of all non-mobile games with Iori in it.

Attached: Iori_Minase.jpg (1280x720, 101K)

It's when you can see a girl's butt between her legs.