Where should the select/cancel buttons be on a controller?

Where should the select/cancel buttons be on a controller?

Attached: 1553474196823.png (1290x954, 80K)

Attached: D4Q1lrQVUAAO5rq.jpg (503x439, 29K)

what difference does it make? can normalfags really not learn a button press?

Kino tier: 1
Good tier: 2
Sony tier: 4

Definitely 1.

3 tbqh
X to Square is a lot more intuitive than X to circle seeing as you generally push the X button with your thumb joint, letting you use the tip to push the square button. Seems the most productive choice if they're going to be the most commonly used buttons.

Again, inverted 3. Make new threads, faggot.

Attached: palunerd.png (240x242, 126K)

Actually yeah this feels better than what I said. More natural to push the centre of the thumb down for a cancel than to bend the tip down, but I'm heavily double jointed, 90 degree bend style so might be different for normal hands

1>2

Who unironically uses 3 or 4?

First and best, America fucked up and made 2 for no reason

Doesn't matter, I can adjust myself to the game

Depends on how the controller is designed.

Can someone actually explain the difference, or is this all just matter of opinion. Honestly I prefer 2 because of ps4 and xbone

>2
Acceptable
>1
Wtf nintendo r u retarded
>3
no
>4
oh shit nigger what are you doing

>actually saying 1
Why would you want the confirm button further from your thumb?

1 is the only answer

remember when 4 was widely used on the playstation 1

I bet you complain about having to push left on a d-pad because its too far for your baby hands to reach

Attached: 1508440403539.jpg (630x420, 30K)

The SNES, N64 and Gamecube trained my brain that cancel was to the left of the accept button, so I'm going with 3.

Also cross layouts suck where's the 6 facebutton choice.

Most people in this thread aren't going for the option which allows you to rest your thumb over both buttons ergonomically in any case.

i don't play video games

Attached: 1553225740114.png (453x412, 13K)

Attached: image.png (400x400, 15K)

2 for west, 1 for Japan.

ive been programed and am accustomed to 2.

2 > 1 > 3 >>> 4

the fuck is 3 even? never seen that

GameCube

2 and 1 are acceptable to me.
4 is retarded, and I've never honestly seen 3, seems made up for the sake of the thread

GameCube controller had select in the middle as a giant green A and a smaller red B below it to the left as cancel.

can't use that layout for GameCube because that's not how game cube buttons look like

4 is old school, like PS1.

If you map the GameCube buttons to a standard 4-button layout then that's where A and B would be

that's retarded

when holding any Nintendo controller, the cancel button is to the south west of the select button, this is true for game cube controllers as well, that layout however is nothing like a GameCube controller.

3's what I go with, feels natural

2 but reversed.

1 and americans should die

Attached: dose.png (1187x1080, 128K)

Thanks Doc

>Any Nintendo Controller
Nintendo 64

Depends on the button layout. The "A" or "Circle" button should be accept, while the "B" or "X" button should be cancel.