Will breath of fire ever get a new game?

Or will capcom cast it down into the pits of hell?
I wonder if they'd sell off the rights to the franchise at this point given their hate of it.

Attached: Thundercats.wait.wrong.game.jpg (2048x1365, 902K)

They've put Katt in SFV, so hope. I am more of a BoF2 remake guy though.

Attached: 16_kattcos01.jpg (1829x1029, 312K)

Breath of Fire is dead. All you'll get is a Katt costume for Falke in a couple weeks.

I really hope they have another Katt in BOF 7 if they make one, like how they have a nina in each game.
Give us a Tife/Aerith kind of thing where you get to choose which one Ryu ends up with.

>Tife/Aerith
So one of them dies? Nope.

Without the death.

Snake > Cat or Bird

Attached: Bleu.jpg (768x1024, 451K)

But she's so fucking old! her vagina probably has cobwebs.

someone has to clean them out.

The fact that they remembered her and considered her popular enough to make a SF costume implies capcom still has some faith in Breath of fire.

This was one of the weirdest games I've ever played, still can't believe they punished you for saving your game.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 156K)

Dragon quarter would have done so much better if it had been released as its won original thing instead of breath of fire.
Its a roguelike, and that's not bad, but that's not what BOF has ever been about. it'd be like making a new metroid game and making it a hack and clash or zelda game. The drastic change in genre basically torpedo'd alot of the franchise despite the games having been constantly increasing up to that point, and then 6 finished the job.

The only good thing about it is that they added in another Katt/lin type character for Ryu's love interest.

It was fun honestly. I loved the magic trap user, it was just really out there.

Honestly, DQ would have been fine as a spin off. But, the biggest problem was that they released it like it was a main line game while being fairly different than all of the games prior.

It would have been like if they had made Chocobo mystery dungeon the next Final Fantasy game, rather than its own thing. Even with the game being good, it'd still get terrible reviews from being a departure from the series prior.

Its weird because they followed up DQ with another departure game, 6, which should have, once again, been a spin off type game.

That means nothing. They've put Darkstalkers costumes in SF5, too and we all know what happened there. They even put Cyberbots and Red Earth costumes in SF5, games that never sold well to begin with.

Darkstalkers is a redundant franchise with capcom's vs. series. BOF has no competitor in capcom's stable for rpgs.

I think about this every day. BoF3 defined my friendship with an user who has passed a couple years back. We played it almost every day for a long long time. As adults we used to joke about Teepo and Rei and how it would be cool if you could actually beat Bailo and Sunder at the tree house and then live happily ever after.

Attached: 51s4OFa7qNL._SX342_.jpg (342x342, 30K)

>my friendship with an user who has passed a couple years back.
Well, doesn't that just beat all? Sorry for your loss, man. I had a friend like that once.

Attached: 1528649817792.jpg (587x627, 328K)

>Beat Balio and Sunder at the tree.
>Whole game's plot thrown into disarray, strongest enforcers in their little syndicate crushed by three thieves.
>Mayor McNeil now absolutely scared shitless and without an idea what to do, the people extorting him who also protected him while he extorted the people have been shown unable to enforce their will on some kids, nothing standing between him and the townsfolk now.
>Town completely unsure what to do, the person who's been overtaxing them is now toothless, and worse, the kids you just threw to the wolves were the ones who overpowered them.

The entire town would be in complete disarray, the mayor's days would be numbered, the syndicate would have a huge blow dealt to their operation without their primary muscle able to handle the biggest problems. The three heroes would probably be feared by the townsfolk despite their intentions.

Furthermore, I believe Myria had some sort of connection to the group B&S were working with, basically setting things in motion and orchestrating the assault on the group in the first place, as an attempt to eliminate the last two members of the dragon clan. If she wasn't aware of their presence yet, she certainly would be now, so it's likely Rei, Teepo, and Ryu were doomed from the start.

You know, they never did answer why random people were monsters like the mob boss.
I doubt Myria had a hand in it since she seemed VERY hands off on the world apart from sending machines over the sea and having instituted the great dragon purge all those years ago.

I always assumed the creatures that could become demon-like monsters were either related to Myria's earlier creature, Deathevan from BoF2, or granted that capability from her on the basis of her using them to sow chaos throughout the world. She is the goddess of destruction, so it's likely her ultimate goal was the obliteration of all things, while the more immediate one was the war on the brood, who were long thought to be the only ones capable of actually defeating her. Once the dragons were all dead, it'd only be a matter of time for her victory to play out, and she could remain mostly hands off and only need to indirectly bring about calamities.

The dragon thing makes sense since in BoF1, only a dragon clan member with the ultimate form Agni could actually destroy her, finishing the game without it would just see her resurrect. As far as her goals, I'm just assuming them based on her title.

Also to note, causing strife and chaos without actually doing it herself seems to be her modus operendi, since in BoF1, she instigates the war between the dragon clans by tempting the dark dragons into destroying their clan members and attempting to revive/unseal her for her power. When she was ultimately defeated by a dragon clan member, that's when she probably deemed them too strong to be safely used as puppets if she had the choice.

Again this happens with Ray in BoF2, who was taught by the church that his dragon powers were evil and that only by serving them could he atone for it. The alternative would've been to try and outright kill him, likely a costly proposition to do so directly, and something impossible for a near-death and slumbering goddess. Throughout the series, it seems Tyr is more content to simply let the mortal races kill each other than step in and kill them herself.

That was all on the dark dragons. They decided to do the whole war, she was just locked up herself.

Honestly, her being called the "Goddess of destruction" seems to more be propoganda against her due to the bad blood the dragon clan had with her due to blaming her for the conflict due to being an apple of discord.
The dragon elder himself even says she might be the one who's morally in the right when all's said and done.

There were actually "two" dragon clan wars in BoF1, the second one which took place at the time of the game, and the first one which exists as backstory lore. The oldest one was the light and dark dragon clans killing each other for her power before she was ultimately sealed away by a member of the light dragons and kept under lock by the six keys. I don't remember a lot of detail about it for sure since it's been almost a decade since my last replay, but I think it was either stated or implied that she acted as a temptress to bring about the war in the first place. The second one could've gone either way, it all depends if Tyr had any reach to the outside world or not. I wouldn't put it past her whispering in Zog's ear somehow though.

As far as her actions being right or wrong, it's a hard sell due to her confirmed actions in 1/2/3, the fact that Deathevan is her spawn, and that she can still create demon-like entities even up to BoF3. That being said though, we still don't know her ultimate goal -- it's possible that the demon imagery is simply the form her power takes, along with her snakelike body, and that she has some holistic goal she's attempting to achieve that's debatable if it's good or bad. For example, if she were resolute that the existance of the dragon clan was such a grave threat to the rest of the races of the world that they needed to be destroyed, I could at least see the argument holding a little weight. As it is, she seems to continue to cause destruction and chaos long after the dragon clan was mostly nothing but a memory in BoF3, so I don't think she's really got the clans and humans' interests at heart.

Off topic though, Caer Xaen begs quite a few questions on what happened in the world between BoF2 and BoF3, with the existance of a now-deserted human settlement with technology far beyond what the rest of the world has. What exactly brought about their internecine conflict?

Oh, and I meant to say, I don't think the creators of the series just randomly pulled the demon motif out of a hat for Myria, I think they fully intended to have it convey the feelings normally associated with them in other media and history. It's possible I'm wrong on that due to Japan's idea of spirits and other entities not always following a dualistic system, but I'd find it unlikely. I think the demons and Myria's form were chosen specifically to draw the parallel that they were rotten, evil entities that only masqueraded as something less threatening, and that the (light) dragon clan was made to represent an ideal of good, along with occasionally being used as a drawn parallel to Japan's native religion slowly falling by the wayside and being supplanted by foreign ones (Especially in 2, where the Dragon God mentions that fewer and fewer people continue to pray to him every day as St. Eva supplants him, which follows a Christian motif).

>the fact that Deathevan is her spawn,
can't really blame her for her son's actions, if you're born with alot of power and not alot of people able to stand up to you its not unlikely that you'll end up a sociopath, especially if your mom's not around to reign you in due to being sealed off/killed by other people.

As for her being a temptress, that's the stated story, but she never actively takes a role in 1's plot and is very apathetic to it at the end (You want money? Ok, here, now go away)-- given the villainy taken by the Dark dragon clan, its not improbable that they were scape goating her as the reason for it when the dragon clan would have split in two no matter what due to some of them being evil (Once again, going back to the whole thing about having great power without others being able to stand up to you being very corruptive).

Her motivation in 3 (Basically being a mother figure who's sole motivation was out of love and a desire to protect the world that she saw as her "children"), its hard to believe that she was some evil antagonist that just liked seeing things burned.
Heck, much of her controlling actions in 3 were stated by her due to being due to the destruction of Caer Xaen's civilization-- She sat that war out and let both sides settle things themselves rather than trying to exert control or use her power aggressively, and it ended up causing the desert of death, making her decide to take an active role in preventing any such war from happening again.

man that was the worst one! seriously there was so many side quests just to move forward on the main story. it was fucking ridiculous how much padding this game had. Need to get the pearl orb thing, first need to breath under water, wait first you need to get gills, no wait first you need to go get a fish man to teach you how to have gills, no wait first you have to fuck a fish girl to give birth to the fish guy who teaches you how to grow gills, no wait, first you have to kill the fish girls dad and grill his corpse with a hint of lemon, then fuck fish girl, then get a fish child, then learn to get gills, then learn to breath under water, then find the giant perl just to continue the main quest which had nothing much to do with the fucking underwater fish eating, gill fucking, child raising, pearl shitting quest!
FUCK THAT!

if you want a much milder example, I would say FFXV which was formerly FF Versus, fits that bill.

I still think the name change to that game was a bad idea. The game was not meant to be mainline FF and is shows all over in its packaging.

I think you have 2 confused with 1 user. and yes, one was the worst, I don't think anyone disputes that. But it was more of the test run for the series that everything was built on.

Attached: brath.of.firee.jpg (2100x1560, 846K)