So this is pretty much universally considered the best Tales game, right?

So this is pretty much universally considered the best Tales game, right?

Attached: 95df2ddf-6f07-4a1d-bc46-dcc9943dedb9.sized-1000x1000.jpg (800x450, 66K)

Since the only good Tales games were by Team Symphonia, and there are only three of those out of sixteen games total, "best Tales game" is a pretty low bar

It has the cutest girls

So yes

Attached: 1544808135556.jpg (600x498, 71K)

It's an okay Tales, but severely overrated.

that's not Tales of Symphonia

It's not the absolute best in any category except perhaps graphics/art style, but it's probably the best overall experience because everything about it is really solid.

Yes but I'm sure Yea Forums will try to tell you otherwise.

Have to disagree with you.. from my experience Tales is 99% irredeemable trash but Vesperia is a truly great game.

Only if you ignore how fucking grindy it is. You litterally have to spam moves thousands of times to upgrade them. You also can't equip all the skills that let you do cool shit in combat until ng+

Also missables, tons of missables. If you're a completionist then the game is shit.

Berseria was better.

I put Xillia 2 above it.

I bought this downloaded it but never played it. Is it really worth it?

still have it on my backlog, im 20 hours in the game, but cant bring myself to complete it since its so fucking ridiculous boring.
that whole game is a slog

Patty alone makes it better than any other Tales game. Cutest daughterfu in all of vidya.

Attached: 29f0704a8fded7173320f0cbb1e671de.png (400x600, 169K)

You already bought it so you might as well play it.

Legendia is the best, but I'll let Vesperia take the win for today.

Attached: newnagames.jpg (3264x2448, 2.19M)

It's got the best MC in any JRPG ever

For me, it's Abyss.

what point in the story are you at after twenty hours?

villain escaped 20 times, now im reviving spirits.
i`d say im at the part where they talk about aer krene and blastia, but thats the whole game.

Eternia wins just for having WHIS, but honorable mentions to this nigga

Hearts R port when?
Xillia duology port when?
Graces F port when?

someone pls ask bamco's twitter

>first time playing
>20 hours in
>act 3

Attached: 1534798461051.png (1001x728, 980K)

Thanks. Eternia is amazing as well.

Attached: stamps.jpg (2448x3264, 1.22M)

It used to be before people finally got the chance to actually play it and discover that its not the be all end all of Tales games

God I want daddy Kratos to drop a fat stinky Shining Bind on my chest

Attached: 0a01797f76ad20eb1cc8c06805d9bc5a.jpg (825x995, 516K)

This

Judy > Estelle >>>>> Patty > Rita

Attached: best girl.png (788x1176, 775K)

Attached: 1553934133402.png (602x836, 371K)

Still my favorite Tales character

Attached: zelos.jpg (500x281, 43K)

Hell no, the gameplay is subpar especially compared to the games released before it and there's too many times you're left to fight solo or as one of your shitty teammates.
Shout to Legendia bro, I love you and I'm glad to always know there will always be somebody that shares my pain in the disappearance of Sword of Legendia.

>Sword of Legendia
I remind myself everyday just to torture my emotions. Love you too user!

Attached: 20180829_010037.jpg (4128x2322, 2.55M)

Attached: 1554056555225.jpg (733x733, 550K)

who is supposed to be the middle?

It's Rodie

Attached: 1543719878773.jpg (480x600, 147K)

abyss

from a mobile game?

I guess PSP is technically mobile

Attached: 1552734061896.jpg (1088x832, 194K)

I dropped that piece of garbage. Xbots did a good job lying, while Tales of Xillia 2 decimates that horrible lineup of characters/story.

That's a funny way of spelling Tales of the Abyss

compared to veperia, xillia 2 was actually a good game

>all these contrarian haters itt

Hey Legendia user, that one lanyard user here. You ever get that new photo?

Hello! I did. give me a second.

She's from Tales of Phantasia: Narikiri Dungeon X and Tales of Phantasia: Cross Edition. She's kind of like Patty was in Vesperia in that she was added to later versions of Phantasia and its direct sequel Narikiri Dungeon. Both remakes were on the PSP.

you wanted the CD artwork only right?

ah thanks for clearing that up. appreciate it.

>you wanted the CD artwork only right?

That's what I was looking for!

>ah thanks for clearing that up. appreciate it.

Rody tends to get overlooked due to her being added to remakes of existing games that were also only put out on the PSP and also never made it past Japan.

>maintains that cel shaded anime look
>doesn't use that weird mocap garbage
>no forced romance
>MC isn't a dumbass like lloyd

this right here will always be my favorite tales games

>MC isn't a dumbass
It was refreshing having a protagonist who actually paid attention to things and was perceptive enough to put two and two together to figure out a lot of plot points before they were blurted out as bluntly as possible.

there's literally nothing wrong with romance in fact good romance makes every story better

it is difficult to get a nice picture. let me know if this is fine. I can do separate close ups if you want.

Attached: cdartwork.jpg (2064x1548, 1.21M)

Thanks bud! This is a much clearer shot of each one. I don't like imposing but close-ups of the disks individually would be great if you're offering, though.

Attached: 42615863_p30.jpg (437x488, 175K)

I used to think it was the best, and then I replayed it in January for the first time in seven years. I was surprised I used to like the game so much I played it multiple times and even played the Japanese version before I learned Nip. January's playthrough was very hard to force myself through.

Good to know you're still alive, Legendiafag.

i have no problem with romance its 'forced romance' is i hate which i just greentexted. MC falling for the maingirl in the party because they're childhood friends is so cliche. a shitton of jrpgs does this already.

should i buy this for switch? or just get it on pc?

Just give me a few moments. I'll start posting them shortly.

Thanks man! Hopefully not going anywhere for a long time.

Attached: postcardplayingcards.jpg (2448x3264, 1.24M)

Either or is fine I think. At least with PC you can just give yourself 15 fake gald in the Labyrinth of Memories instead of running through the dungeon for 7 hours because RNG is fucking you in the ass.

>458840751
1/4

Attached: 20190417_022258.jpg (4128x2322, 3.16M)

2/4

Attached: 20190417_022328.jpg (4128x2322, 2.75M)

My experience is the total opposite. I played some of it back in either 2010 or 2011, never finished it because it was on a friend's xbox, and didn't really remember anything but the fact that Estelle was a good girl and the words brave vesperia. Currently playing through it now (6 hours in) and I'm enjoying it more than I remembered (and I had gotten a positive first impression of it to begin with).

3/4

Attached: 20190417_022351.jpg (4128x2322, 1.81M)

those are from vol.2 character quests. this one i volume 1. not sure if you wanted it, but it turned out kind of neat.

Attached: cq4.jpg (4128x2322, 2.54M)

If you ever need anything else, don't be afraid to ask. Hope you enjoy them.

Attached: LegendiaWall.jpg (2131x3200, 424K)

I'm up for anything, really. It still blows my mind how much Legendia merchandise and other odds and ends actually had been made, so seeing your collection is always a blast. Plus I love seeing the various artists who contributed to the game and these disks have some of that great artwork on them.

Thanks a lot for sharing these!

Attached: D0ax4kTVsAErZcg.jpg orig.jpg (1536x2048, 148K)

I have about 15 (plus a ton of other stuff I have yet to take pictures of) new Legendia items coming in soon, so hopefully I can take those, mainly pins and posters, but like you said the artwork is always so neat and unique. I'll keep posting and updating here and there when threads like these are up so you can just keep an eye out and if you like something and want a better picture I would be happy to do that. I was surprised too when I first started collecting. Knowing that Legendia is the black sheep I thought for sure it would have received significantly less in merchandise. It holds up pretty well though.

No problem! More than happy to do so.

Attached: newanniversarybook.jpg (3264x2448, 2.08M)

I like seeing your Legendia merchandise in general, so I'll be looking forward to seeing what you ended up getting.

Attached: Chloe Rays bio.jpg (1200x876, 199K)

Thanks user! I really appreciate the kind words. Is there a Senel bio for Rays... or was he not in that game?

>they somehow gained weight after doing it
Chloe a fatty

Attached: 1531767631984.jpg (680x840, 229K)

He's in Rays too, but I couldn't find a bio for him, unfortunately. He probably has one somewhere, but the person who translated the bios only had certain characters.

As far as Legendia goes in Rays, it's just Senel, Shirley and Chloe right now, unfortunately. I'm hoping they add the others sometime this year. Always nice to see them get more exposure in crossover games.

yes, easily.

all the games after it were a downgrade in one way or another.

Attached: a84ac57d117a6b1d02809fc6b9f9fd7e.jpg (903x1275, 318K)

I wish I cared about mobile games, even with Legendia characters in them, they still unfortunately do nothing for me. Thanks for the info though.

Attached: newanniversarysoundtrack.jpg (3264x2448, 2.3M)

Nah, I'm with you there actually. I've never played a single mobile Tales game, or a mobile game in general. I just keep up with the Tales gacha games in passing since another friend of mine is into them and people translate a lot of the events and supplementary material from them.

Given that we haven't had a new, proper, non-mobile crossover Tales game in awhile (or any non-mobile Tales game since Berseria), I'm taking what I can get.

Attached: tumblr_p8r2ozn8Zh1thrzt8o1_500.png (497x616, 161K)

I always thought it was interesting that Farah is considered to be the main heroine of Eternia when Meredy's the more plot relevant one. Not that I mind, I just think it's interesting that they did that.

Especially since later in Graces they did the opposite with Sophie and Cheria, but then retroactively put in Cheria into a group shot of the Tales heroines up to that point.

Attached: Heroines tales20th-ichibankujimini-tapestry.jpg (2095x1475, 2.24M)

Cutie Rutee

Attached: 1545489212922.jpg (541x868, 87K)

Attached: DyGOx2TV4AEqTNY.jpg (1280x720, 131K)

Berseria was better desu, Velvet is just a better main character.

>not using the Walter costume
Legendia that shit up, user.

Attached: newclearfileboard.jpg (4608x3456, 1.25M)

I just don't like how the game keeps implying that Rita looks like a boy.

Attached: D1GGvtMU4AAeGJZ.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Only by Vesperiafags, a cancer so old and well known it's been documented in memes since the early Renaissance.

when does combat get good?

I was shocked to see Walter show up as a cameo costume of all people. It was nice. So was the Chloe outfit. I didn't actually realize Vesperia PS3 had Legendia cosplay outfits in it and had been wondering all this time how long it'd take for Legendia characters to show up as cosplay outfits in a Tales game, never knowing it already happened.

>if you are autistic the game is shit
Weird how Yea Forums seems overwhelmingly positive towards Vesperia then.

Bless you, Legendiafriend. Legendia is best purely from your devotion to the game.

Thanks user! That means a lot. I wish you all the best.

Attached: newmagazine3.jpg (3264x2448, 2.25M)

I heard them play the opening theme of legendia live in concert once and I almost creamed my pants. That fucking soundtrack is out of this world.

I was shocked too when I noticed a Chloe costume was released in Vesperia PS3 which sucked since I assumed we would never get the game. However, was the Walter costume always in the PS3 version? That somehow slipped by me until the definitive version came out.

I always love when I see little bits of Legendia easter eggs in games. Vesperia, Xillia 2, and Berseria had some which were a nice little touch.

That sounds absolutely divine. Which concert did you go to user? What is your favourite track? Short Circuit (thunder monument) blows my fucking brain away.

Attached: newosts.jpg (3264x2448, 2.31M)

Short Circuit is in the top 5 for sure, very interesting track.

You got that right

Attached: 1554698844859.png (549x837, 105K)

patty is shit

>tfw was excited for Legendia back in the day but never bought it
>just bought a new copy last week
Probably gonna play it after beating Vesperia and taking a break, finally going to experience what young me got excited for so long ago

>only guy that believes in Lloyd in the sequel
What a great bro

I remember when I first played the game, god feels like forever ago, and made my way into the Quiet Lands. I finally reached the thunder monument and this fucking jam starts playing. I never felt that feeling from a game ever again. It was also funny too when the song starts cutting out and I thought something was wrong with my TV.

I really hope you do enjoy it user. I would definitely take the break before playing otherwise Vesperia might spoil the gameplay of Legendia. Honestly, treat the battle system like a 2D brawler/beat 'em up and you shouldn't have too many issues. Also, get immersed with the cast. I know everyone has their own opinions, but honestly Legendia's cast are so damn charming.

Attached: newmanga3.jpg (3264x2448, 2.25M)

>You also can't equip all the skills that let you do cool shit in combat until ng+

Examples? I'm thinking about picking this up but dont wanna play through it twice

You're shit

Attached: f0839844d561a775befc951fcc5a2a89f3bfaa78.png (794x1056, 835K)

Honestly the instant I got this guy and made him the leader of my party the game improved like tenfold. To me Lloyd isn't even a real character.

Zelos and Kratos have such a cool and unique move-set that it should be borderline illegal not to have one of them in your party at all times.

Attached: symphonia.jpg (1351x1136, 129K)

They're just paladins, man. Shit at melee shit at casting shit at healing but the fact that they can do all of em makes them worth a slot sometimes

When you give them the ex-gems to perform the 6-hit neutral combo is when they truly shine.

I did like how smooth they felt then, but by that time lloyd can do the same thing and then a sword rain and then another sword rain variant. Or genis and sheena can just nuke the battlefield.

If they got at least one high tier spell maybe, but ehhhhh

Yeah, I hear you. It's mainly because I played with another person, so having two characters with swords up front constantly barraging the enemy with flurry of attacks made it so much damn fun,

Attached: phantasiaanime.jpg (1742x808, 249K)

ToS is still the best. Apart from Pokemon GSC no other game has really shocked me by going "hey you just played 30h and thought you were done? here's another 30 and a new continent/world to explore" whilst being engaging and fun to play

While I do love Symphonia and think it's one of the best in the series, Eternia also has this exact same feel.

Attached: newpostersss.jpg (2448x3264, 417K)

How are the games on the vita?
I heart different opinions about it. Are the games good?

I hope one day we will get destiny in english.
If I knew how to make a patch I would translate it myself while playing through. Waited too long.

Different user, but as an example, the combo monkey character, which is the first one you play as and most likely the one you'll play the most, doesn't get all his combo monkey skills until the optional second half of the final dungeon. You get skills from equipping weapons and learn them after completing enough bettles with the weapons equipped. So after going through the final dungeon and going through the second half, you need to grind for a few dozen battles to unlock the final combo monkey skill. That is a very simplified explanation of the example. If you were to play the game yourself without any previous experience, it would seem even more egregious, because that whole example is for getting the last combo monkey skill. The other four come from different sources. At least two do these are comparably grindy.

Abyss is better honestly. Vesperia has terrible pacing, and the ending was very underwhelming.

That's not Phantasia

I have only ever played Hearts R. It's a pretty decent game, especially for a handheld title. It feels more like the older games (which I personally loved) so if you like that it's always a plus. The characters did nothing for me unfortunately and I couldn't care less about the story, which says nothing since most Tales stories are pretty bland.

I've been playing Vesperia lately and honestly, I think Abyss is better too. I think the battle system in Abyss is near perfection. The characters felt more real too. I could really feel the emotion, mainly from Tear and Luke's chemistry together.

Attached: newmangaposter.jpg (3264x2448, 2.21M)

Innocence R is better than Innocence just for the dungeon design. New characters were kinda eh and didnt really add anything, but at the same time they don't really distract from the already good story anyways so it's hard to complain.

Yeah, I just like Abyss a lot more. I always get bored in Vespy when the pokemon turns up to call Estelle a cancerous faggot. Abyss always manages to keep me in.

>no other game has really shocked me by going "hey you just played 30h and thought you were done? here's another 30 and a new continent/world to explore"
okami
dq4 or 5

Those are fighting words

Did they also fix the fact that the original Innocence ended like one hour after its story gets really interesting?
also bullshit that they introduced two new fags to be party members rather than just letting us recruit Chitose even if only as a secret character while we kick Iria off to the curb

Attached: 1541125083761.jpg (691x1200, 306K)

Dead franchise.

>best Tales game
That's like complimenting someone on being the most chivalrous serial rapist.

Attached: 12388128123.jpg (201x201, 5K)

And that's a good thing

By retards maybe.

Attached: 1535622873332.jpg (855x768, 675K)