I fucking hate this game so god damn much. Holy shit it is the worst mainstream megaman game of all fucking time...

I fucking hate this game so god damn much. Holy shit it is the worst mainstream megaman game of all fucking time. It is fundamentally BROKEN, what an absurdly SHITTY MESS

But

Holy dammit, it easily has the best soundtrack of them all. Out of the eight boss stages, a whopping SEVEN of them are masterclass songs. Only one is bad, and SEVERAL other songs littered throughout are MAGNIFICENT

How...how does a game so fucking AWFUL have a soundtrack so AMAZING!? Why the fuck couldn't a musical score this good be attributed to an actual good game!? I can't even pick a favorite song, so many are absolute ACES

youtu.be/SvEDaJG6WiI?t=826

I've played and beaten hundreds of games and I've never seen one so disjointed such that the soundtrack blew me away with its excellence while everything else spun tires in the mud. Damn.

Attached: Mmx6box.jpg (256x256, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QqU-QTZ8Pv8
youtube.com/watch?v=ctA999T5HZM
youtube.com/watch?v=aO0gHfbiDbs
youtube.com/watch?v=KjSfq2F_7MY
youtube.com/watch?v=_6o-xXq4XwI
youtube.com/watch?v=LuWDDQRx3ZY
youtube.com/watch?v=8u-gsKtFgkU
romhacking.net/hacks/3711/
youtube.com/watch?v=30VhRsLapt0
youtube.com/watch?v=OGq0X2cjWpg
youtube.com/watch?v=OIDNuz_gzxo
youtube.com/watch?v=yl6QM4hUft8&list=PL9A7DD8572486C671&index=8
youtube.com/watch?v=4Zcz7Eb1e9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I forgot to ask, why is it that the franchise skips from X6 to X8?

Don't throw shit at my favourite X series games faggot.

But still, it is pretty flawed. At least it is hard.

Attached: 1554186743488.jpg (1024x767, 58K)

is it worse than mmx 5? I've been playing through the megaman x games and mmx 5 is not only a bad mega man game but it feels like shovelware tier garbage. Its hard for me to imagine something worse than 5.

You are correct about everything you said about x5. I was in your shoes a few years ago and upon reaching x5 I too felt it was incredibly weak and cheaply produced (except for a few ending stages). That said, x6 is a collossal fuck up for reasons I won't get into for the sake of keeping it a suprise for you.

It's bogus banana hard unless you know exactly what the developers were thinking, and if you go into a level without the correct set up you are going to fail and waist your time. Damn .

W e l l
H o l y
G o d a m n

Attached: XDonuts.jpg (1690x1170, 264K)

I beat the game with unarmored X
step up fag

X6 is fun and its pretty easy to circumvent a lot of the bullshit design if you know what you're doing. this piece of shit on the other hand is just plain bad.

Attached: box_mmx7_us_front_bg.jpg (1542x2160, 595K)

x4 is my favorite in the series. It's the only one I could easily see myself replaying any day of the week. It feels so responsive and fun, the music is high tier and the stages are tons of great. HUU HAAA HUWWOO

Yeah but if you get to Gate 3 in the ninja suit then you're presented with an impossible jump, among other issues.

I see you're a fellow man of culture

Attached: 1537596894587.gif (247x338, 2.34M)

I don't understand why people hate X6 so much. It's not that much worse than X5 and there are a few good qualities about it, if you want truly irredeemable shit just take a look at X7.

So which one stage has the shitty soundtrack?

Attached: Researcher Alia.jpg (736x904, 291K)

X6 is the "X3" of the PS1 games
Late, nutty, unfinished at parts, but fun as hell.

X3 is only fun if you skip the arm parts
charged shots with those things are so shitty

metal shark player

X6 is fairly shit on for its garbage level design, but its somewhat of a guilty pleasure game in the franchise imo. It's not unusual to see people talk about how bad it is but also see people say they still like the game without being able to put their finger on it. It might be because its a decent speed game, as speedrunners often talk about it being trash but fun to play nevertheless. The incredible music does elevate it a bit though. But I feel that X5 is a far worse game, its nearly as bad as X6 but the entire fucking game is made up of slow as shit auto scrollers, who the fuck plays mega man to go slow, the X series no less with all the mobility options. X7 is awful as well, to the point that it never even gets talked about, at least X6 gets some polarizing discussion, who the fuck even cares about X7 enough to bring it up?

Attached: 1536562319348.jpg (680x510, 66K)

Shield Sheldon

It's loaded with a ton of bullshit that's scientifically designed to give you PTSD. Even if it's not that much worse than X5 (which I can't even remeber anything about aside from the giant battle sub in the water stage) it still sticks with you.
As for X7, I think most people gave up on that before even finishing the intro stage, so they don't have much to talk about.

So did doctor wily program him to be gay for X, or was that the maverick virus

Attached: 88a41652ec0335693bb83e00ec453442.jpg (635x950, 87K)

Let's dump some music
youtube.com/watch?v=QqU-QTZ8Pv8
youtube.com/watch?v=ctA999T5HZM
youtube.com/watch?v=aO0gHfbiDbs
youtube.com/watch?v=KjSfq2F_7MY
youtube.com/watch?v=_6o-xXq4XwI
youtube.com/watch?v=LuWDDQRx3ZY
Also here's a fun video
youtube.com/watch?v=8u-gsKtFgkU

Attached: baked-red-velvet-donuts-2.jpg (800x1198, 94K)

X VS ZERO is the best song out of the latter megaman X games

'sup

Attached: virus.jpg (787x739, 193K)

Because It BURN TO THE GROUND, BURN TO THE GROUND, BURN TO THE GROUND, TRIFORMATION BURN TO THE GROUND BURN! BURN! BURN TO THE GROUND BURN! TRIFORMATION! AWOO!

CAN YOU HEAR ME? AXL?

Attached: 1541571065471.jpg (590x729, 66K)

>fucks up your hostages forever

Attached: 1555275962720.gif (500x281, 477K)

X6 is fun as fuck, you need to get gud. There are definitely bad level design choices but the game is a fucking blast. And yes, the music fucking bangs.

So I have trouble understanding what exactly the Nightmare is. Is it just these virus things? And what exactly causes the Nightmare Phenomenon that plague the stages?

Attached: 1540171788628.png (707x228, 9K)

Clearing the game with all hostages was surprisingly easier than I thought it'd be. I had to reset like, twice.

You guys should check out hideofbeasts segmented no hit run of X6, what an incredible watch, the commentary on how shitty it was to do some rooms was great.

For all intents and purposes the Nightmare is basically a not-Sigma Virus created by Gate
As for why they can actually affect the stage so severely I have no idea
This also reminds me that despite the Zero Nightmare supposedly being the reason why the Nightmare Investigators even exist, you can completely ignore the subplot and it just falls to the wayside

Attached: 1555257329400.jpg (1243x1603, 794K)

>Skips from x6 to 8
>Ignoring that 7 is integral to the plot by introducing axl

>Spent months genuinely curious about what's ahead as a kid until I got gud.
>Interesting maverick fights.
>Cool armors.
>Guard Shell glitch is amusing.
>Best TAS runs to watch.
>Has plenty to discuss.

>segmented
hard pass

Nightmare affecting the stages was an idea taken from X1.

Both are wrong. Ground Scaravich is the worst of them all.

I liked 6 in that it FINALLY had a plot revolving around someone besides Sigma fucking shit up.

gate is doing his stuff due to a combination of viral insanity and some really shitty actions on the part of the government that really does some good worldbuilding, establishing that they basically will kill any reploid that they want out of the way even if they're innocent, like they did with Gate's robots.
It also raises the possibility that Technology is being intentionally held back by the government since any reploids that are too far advanced are killed outright out of fears of them.

Issoc is also a really intriguing addition to the plot, and the implication of a Wily AI watching over Zero with a strange parental love is a good plot hook: the idea of him basically stringing gate along just to make an engineered catastrophe because he believed 100% in zero and wanted his "son" to basically get a shit ton of praise by coming in and saving the day puts doctor wily's relationship with zero in a much more interesting light than his previous "evil slave master" stereotype from 4.

just... damn, that level design. Like shit. Was that bad.

Well that's obvious.
We're talking about an in universe explanation, dipshit.

its not a speed run, its also literally impossible to do the game no hit in single segment, literally watch it he tells you why. It can take up to 200+ attempts for a single room, much less the entire game, due to the nature of the random spawns

Oh I get that, which I always loved as a concept, but to my knowledge there's at least background info as to why X1 mavericks affect other stages (ex. Storm Eagle's ship crashing into Spark Mandrill's area) but to my knowledge the Nightmare affects stages just because it can

Attached: bfba5e37cbdda42ed10b87cd77762411.jpg (640x480, 52K)

But those effects actually made sense. For example, crashing Storm Eagle's air fortress into Spark Mandrill's stage would affect the electricity running through it. I don't see how the Nightmare can affect the stages in X6. I imagine it might be related to cyberspace like the Sigma stages from X5 but there really is nothing that explains what causes them.

It was explained in the game itself, you would know if you were paying attention faglord

Nightmare affects the enviroment like something radioactive Not that it matters anyway

No else is gonna say it? Fine
*ahem*
FUCK DYNAMO

Attached: pepe_suit_smug.jpg (249x249, 8K)

his run also happens to really be more of an overall analysis of the game, it has kino autism on display.

Welcome to how Sonic fans feel all the time.

You know, talking about the viruses, I really disliked it as a story element.
Sigma being a robot that chose to rebel opens up the question of robot rights and their place in the world in relation to humans, as well as how justified humans are in oppressing them.
When everything is just "WOO, VIRUS MAKING ME CRAZY!" For sigma's motivation, it goes out the window.

Hell, they even seem to try and avoid the virus being what caused him to go maverick in current depictions-- in Day of sigma he's clearly thinking over things very thoroughly in his conversations with Dr. cain, and in X8 he has a real point to his motivation. Almost like "The virus allows him to make other reploids go crazy, but it didn't actually make HIM go crazy himself"

Never realized his tentacles were aupposed to be a long ass molecule.
Always looked like generic tentacles to me

Gotta alter that robot DNA! Which... robots don't have. Is there anything more nonsensical than the reploid DNA concept they introduced into the series?

>playing through the X series
>just finished 4, and it was the best one
>hit 5 and suddenly all motivation is gone
I'll power through.
Eventually.

Attached: oof.jpg (958x640, 134K)

Well, Sigma kinda became the virus.

How prominent the virus is is also pretty wonky
Sometimes it's part of the main story like X3 and X5, sometimes it's basically not even brought up like X4, and other times it's only tangentially brought up like in X6 where it only exists to infect Gate and asspull Sigma back as the final boss
Hell I wonder why someone would actively work for Sigma if they risk the chance of getting infected too

Attached: 1451959344426.jpg (640x480, 60K)

>imagine being this bad at a megaman game

it easily beats x4 and x5

It's just another name for the reploid's soul. Why they felt the need to call it a DNA soul I'll never understand.

At the same time, they also implied that he only went maverick due to being infected with the virus.
Like I said, I don't mind him "becoming" viral in nature so long as they try and frame it just as him being able to infect things, but his mental state not having been affected and his decision to turn on humans being his own thoughts without any viral input.

Please, X5 is tame and decent compared to the slump x6-x7 gives. At least X8 is among the smoothest and best.

X5 is god awful, its easy to meme about 6 because its so polarizing but 5 is easily the worst in the series, even over 7. It has bad level design AND stupid decisions that drag the game into the dirt. Also constant interruptions from the fap bait robot

>X8 among the best
>literally no one talks about it EVER
your shit taste is confirmed, given the amount of discussion that even the shitty games in the series get, you'd thing a so called best game would get discussion.

Attached: 1534410911418.jpg (664x664, 127K)

Attached: 1535863047848.jpg (326x269, 19K)

I think 8 gets a bad rap honestly. I can't figure out why people hated it so much. Axl finally had a good gameplay design to him, the plot was decent, its gameplay and stages was nice, and I liked how they let you swap between hunters on the go. Plus they brought back Vile.

That begs a question: Zero refers to vile as a "criminal" instead of a maverick; I wonder if they actually have a different classifications based on "Insane and violent, or just committing crimes" or if that's just blurring the two terms

it could be a translation thing

By the time X8 happened the damage was already done by X7.

/shrug
I can ignore one bad game's depiction for a character. Axl was better in 8 and command mission, so I can look past 7. All of seven, not just Axl, was a train wreck.

What is she going to do with that Metal Blade?

I look at the Maverick select screen and get bummed out by seeing 2 autoscrollers and 2 vehicle levels. Same goes the short endgame akin to X4.

Could be because no one actually played it,

1. Zero's curved beam saber
2. Zero's straight beam saber

>X7 damage done already
>too many annoying gimmick stages
Those are the general gripes that I know of. It's a good game, plays smoother that it looks.

The irony is X8 is almost as bad as X7, but gets a free pass for being slightly better than a vile pile of shit.

>that's just like, your opinion man

They overused the spikes and pits.

So which is it?

Attached: 1517089286324.png (680x450, 321K)

perhaps, but the game still gets 0 discussion and speedrunners don't even play it, which may not mean shit to anyone here but is telling of a series that has such a gigantic fucking speedrun base, even fucking WILY WARS has speed runners

Got a question for ya OP; Did you olay through a few levels, fo "this is god aweful!!!" And quit? Or did you force uourswlf through the whole game before yoi decjdes you hate it?

I ask, out of interest, truthfully. Many people seem to.do the latter. Beat a game, then pass judgment.
Personallu, if I hate a game right away, I stop playing. Why waste my time?

I agree with your assessment od MMX6 as a whole. So I'm curious.

Am I weird for quitting games that aren't good right away? Other anons feel free to chime in.

X8 is not perfect, but it's not even in the same realm as X7, nothing is. The mechanics in X7 are so unbelievably terrible it can barely be called an X game. I don't even know what to consider it.

Excuse the typos. Fat fingers on a phone.

There's none
It also has a god tier boss theme

remove alia's mandatory dialogue and this game becomes god tier

>dude lmao rng spaceshuttle
fuck x5

Those fucking SPIKES AND MOVING PILLARS IN GATE LABORATORIES
FUCKING WHY
HOW
WHO3E 3KLJR4TH45

Attached: 1550910275952.png (226x216, 72K)

Best intro theme in the series

Alia isn't mandatory in X6 though. That's only a thing in X5.

i am drunk sorry

It's better than X5

That's because the OST team is different from the ones designing the game, so essentially the game soundtrack should have the same quality as the other games, you stupid fuck

It's cool. Does that mean you consider X6 god tier, or that you would consider X5 god tier without her dialogue?

Attached: AliaMMX5art1.jpg (818x839, 300K)

MATTE!

Attached: gate-mega-man-x6-9.jpg (210x240, 14K)

I have watched his Blaze Heatnix video more times than I care to admit. It somehow never gets old.

I also really like kevvl no-damage runs. Really entertaining stuff. Shame he stopped.

DESU BORU

Attached: HighMax.jpg (587x818, 195K)

X series is all shit after the SNES games

I fucking hate everything about this asshole.

Attached: 1496279566840.jpg (177x255, 21K)

What was his problem anyway?

alia

X6 had a shorter production time than other games. Meaning that the quality of all the teams would drop but the OST team was able to step it up and not let the OST drop in quality.

Reminds me of myself playing Sonic Adventure 2 for the first time a couple of months ago.

Attached: 1545115807662.jpg (1042x675, 76K)

MUDA DA

Attached: HighMax.png (1386x1212, 2.29M)

X8 is nowhere near is bad as X7 stop this meme you contrarian faggot

X6 is better than X5 or X7.

And X8 is soundly better than all of the above, though still below all of the first half of the series.

>filename

Attached: highmaxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 69K)

No one else gonna say it? Fine
*ahem*
DUMB FROGPOSTER

Attached: 1554520549261.png (383x278, 205K)

Literally Reploid Jiren

There's something weird about x6 that makes me absolutely despise it but also love it at the same time.
No other game makes me feel like this

X6 is less of a game and more of an experience. It's a textbook case study on how not to design a game, and yet the more familiar you become with it the more bearable it somehow becomes, like you become one with the asinine bullshit or some zen shit like that.

X6 > X4 > X1 > X2 > X8 > X3 > X7 > X5
fuck you and your feelings. get good

Attached: Zero gets fucking roasted.png (634x1260, 920K)

I tried to beat it since I want to beat at least one more X game but its so bad its borderline unplayable because of how badly it was made. What a shame to because I like the music a lot. What the hell was the deal with giving him dash on the jump button rather than the hover? Also that tiny ass laser pisses me off. We had way better busters than that crap in previous games.

X1 > X2 > X4 > X3 > X8 > X6 > X5 > X7

I do still like X6, though.

no, fuck you and your opinions

Based.

Attached: 'kay.jpg (292x365, 35K)

>When you become a UH hunter.

Good taste user

Attached: 1554648680766.png (359x500, 204K)

I agree. I got bored of Sigma in the third game.

>get bored
>turn on Xtreme mode
>get gooder
X6 is some shit but fuck is that some satisfying success

Why does everyone hates X5 so much?
It's my favorite :c

X6 is fun as fuck to experiment with and find unorthodox strats and techniques to get through the game
It's the literal definition of a casual filter and it will always be my favorite for that
It's the X3 of the PS1 era
slow pacing, stale gameplay, what it brings to the table isn't that exciting

Attached: 1554561014746.jpg (712x662, 47K)

I don't know, I loved 5 too.

It's good for one playthrough and only because of the story. At best it's a mediocre retread of X4 and at worst it's a tedious slog of questionable backtracking choices and being at the mercy of RNG. The Falcon Armor's legit but that's the only particularly good thing about X5's gameplay.

CASUAL
SHITTER

>It's the X3 of the PS1 era
The one that's trendy to hate because everyone else is doing it?

I don't even use armors.

I don't hate X5 user I'm just stating why I don't like it

X3's got some serious issues, my dude. Collectibles make the backtracking a bit out of whack, the stage design suffers from too much copypaste enemy layouts, the armor buster is straight up the worst in the entire series, and it has a bit of the MM5 problem where the challenge is less smart enemy patterns and more "lol just make it hurt a lot". X3 was an outsourced effort and, despite a couple of really cool ideas, it shows.

I still can't decide which is worse, X5 or X6. I mean X7 is the absolute bottom of the barrel but one of these fuckers comes next.

Attached: 1544985814225.png (800x1216, 904K)

It's X5. X6 is bullshit but it's charming bullshit. X5 is just charmless.

CASUAL

If you really think 6 is worse than 5 then you literally have no reasoning capabilities.

improve yourself

This.
X6 makes me shit blood but it's full of soul.
X5 just feels like Inafune "fuck you I'm done" letter

Good, keeps X8 from becoming an overrated meme like X4

Attached: 1538011484797.png (638x353, 331K)

It's a good thing I said that 6 is better than 5, then.

are you me? i got the x legacy collection and was playing through them all in order. having a pretty good time, beating about one game a week from x1 to x4. had a good time with x4 as zero especially, then i got to x5. played it for like an hour, havent gone back to it since. its been over a month.

I was hospitalized and on medication when playing through X6 and I think it helped save me from a stroke. Outside of Metal Shark Player and maybe Wolfang, every single stage is absolute ass.

What is there even to meme about X8? An elevator leading up to space? The spike miniboss in Antonion's stage?

i dropped the shitter part for the no armor shit. X5 is a fucking casual shitter game.
the thing you need to understand is that when you hit X4 you have 2 options. X6 or X5. If youre a filthy fucking casual or normalfag you like X5. If youre a masochistic psychopath of a man wanting a challenge you like X6.

X4 is the only one that is middle ground. also the guard shell bug in X6 began from X5 and their shitty patch was overlooked during X6's rushed development cycle. we can legitimately thank X5 for making zero so fucking broken because it all stemmed from zero's assets exclusively which makes it funnier

The game itself is actually good, the music is probably the best and the characters feel great to control.
But the fucking STAGE DESIGN
MY GOD
It's like the devs were constantly thinking "how can I make the player consider suicide" every 5 minutes

Use this
romhacking.net/hacks/3711/

But I do like X6, what the fuck are you going on about?

The Jellyfish stage
The Yeti stage
Bosses having i-frames
Twink villain voiced by a woman

If you're a normal, well-adjusted person without mental problems, you like both.

Attached: 1535623785225.png (354x472, 404K)

>Twink villain voiced by a woman
>anime style game uses girls voice for a guy
>Because anime and anime games don't do that shit all the time

What, you hate legends too?

nobody likes both equally. people like this do not exist, because they like X4

It's generally accepted truth that the back half of X is worse than the first half. That said, I do think all of them are worth plowing through at least once as they're all still substantially different, even X7 if only so you can properly ride the hate train (and understand the few things it did improve upon from X5/X6).

Plenty of people memed about Juno back in the day.

Alright we know about x.
But what about original MM.
Why did you guys hate 8

because I love it

>equally
Who are you quoting?

Just because you're an angry manchild that huffs his own tantrum fumes doesn't mean everyone else is

Attached: IMG-2491.png (1200x2400, 114K)

(You)
(You)

Attached: zero 911.png (640x1000, 809K)

>Manowar did somehow get worse with the audio clips in LC2 so granted
>This one's not bad at all, easily one of the least cancerous vehicle stages despite its length
>Okay, this is definitely dumb so granted
>Nothing weird about this in Japanese games

Why is she always sipping on that drink?People hate 8?

Attached: AileGiroExpress.jpg (640x660, 71K)

All you have to do with X7 is play the intro stage and see how slow the menus are. Going beyond that is cancer (even though the music is great as always). Well, maybe Flame Hyenard's stage just for the laughs.

Every time there's a normal MM thread people shit on 8 constantly.

>there's a fucking battery level indicator on the cup
Is that to show how full of juice it is or what? Jesus Christ what a world.

Attached: 1540680757163.jpg (1315x2048, 209K)

I like MM8 but I get why people don't like it as its focus on using weapons to access new areas is quite the departure in terms of stage design. Couple that with the X4 tier memey VA and MM7 style robot master progression and I can definitely envision it having some vocal haters.

aile a fatty

MM8 is the only classic I have not played because I was traumatized by Mega Man & Bass as a teenager and it scarred me for life. From what I've heard the gameplay and level design is very similar.

Stay mad loser

X6 is fucking awesome BECAUSE it's balls to the wall hard

Gate took me like a full six months to beat

I rescued every single Reploid without looking anything up way back in the day

Get fucking good

Aile is NOT fat!

Attached: 1524003073383.png (1125x1500, 774K)

I must have missed them then because I haven't seen anything in the recent threads about hating 8.

Attached: 1541816982633.png (960x537, 691K)

Its an Energy Drink, so that meter will let you know when you run out of juice

X7 is awful through and through, BUT it does become more playable once you unlock X, it does manage injured reploids and powerups better than X5/X6, and it does also mark the return of partial armor usage after X5/X6 also fucked that up. But yeah, the meat and potatoes gameplay of X7 is resoundingly fucked to the point where it would take a full blown remake to salvage anything about it.

I want a reboot of the megaman series that distillates and mixes all the subseries into one.
Like desalinating Roll, Aila and Ciel into a single character and mixing gameplay from the different series.

Attached: 1321821162763.jpg (582x480, 41K)

Legends 2 > Tron Bonne > Legends 1

I was actually thinking about "Sailor jupiter" trigger.

I never really got into Tron Bonne but I love L1 and L2 about equally with a nostalgic preference for 2 since I played it first.

So do we go with light-hearted Classic world, the failing X world, or the war-torn hellscape that is the Zero series? What would be the best setting for this combination of games?

8 is really fun.
I also think it has the best original MM design and should be what modern megaman should strive for, on top of having by far the best music
youtube.com/watch?v=30VhRsLapt0

The only "fuck you" level is the fabled snow slide level which is almost trial and error only
youtube.com/watch?v=OGq0X2cjWpg
Get used to this song.

I just want X9 but for it to not have Sigma. But I know it will.

Attached: 1553816592100.png (1280x1280, 942K)

>playing 2 first
consider yourself lucky, because it made legends 1 a lot easier

Eh, I replayed both a few years back and didn't really have any change of heart with them compared to how I felt as a kid. Loved them back then, still love 'em now. L1 is mechanically inferior but L2 also lacks the interconnected design of 1 so I guess they're both good in different ways.

here you go.

Attached: fullycharged.jpg (958x495, 60K)

>Gate: "I brought Sigma back to life!"
>Isoc: "Why?"

Attached: 20120227-robotthatscreams.png (600x599, 89K)

When it comes to Mega Man I've played the shit out of X4, I've enjoyed X1, but when I've tried X2 and X5 I found them to be a sharp decline in quality, X5 moreso than X2. I don't think I ever played X6, I think I might fire up an emulator and do a run of X4, 5 (never beat it), and then 6.

Damn Dr Light got fucking jacked

To be fair Gate bringing back Sigma wouldn't be that far fetched after what Alia did

X2 is fucking amazing, so that's pretty weird. Outside of that weird final Sigma stage I'd argue its just as good X1, maybe better in some ways (I personally find the stages more varied and unique).

>x5
be prepared for rng and text boxes every 5 seconds

I found X2 to be X1's equal personally. I think it has more replayability thanks to the X-Hunters and its difficulty curve is much more even as X1 had both very easy starting points and more difficult starting points. X1's undoubtedly the more iconic overall package, though.

If you play X6 you better fucking nut up because it will kick your fucking ass if you underestimate it

Attached: 1554509024089.png (354x192, 6K)

command mission didn't have sigma. They CAN do other villains, just they don't *want* to do so. But if they feel they are pushed in that direction, capcom could very easily do another villain.
I mean, they did have Lumine as the actual villain of 8 after all.

Since you guys are X/MM fans, what is your honest opinion on Azure Striker Gunvolt, if you played it.

Attached: b7c06d733f606032d2cee580802248e6.jpg (1920x1080, 1.75M)

Is Command Mission even canon? I mean I like the game but its a fucking oddity.

Attached: 1523495200935.jpg (650x650, 51K)

Lola a cute

Attached: D1RCct_VAAAR-yB.jpg (706x1000, 171K)

This. Love it or hate it, X6 is absolutely worth trying and it frequently is a test of one's resolve to meet it on its own terms. Sure as shit is a different game from X5, though.

Only played the first one and I barely remember it but I did like it more than any MMZ title.

>Have to go through Duff McWhalen's slow ass autoscroll stage three times to collect everything.

Attached: mmz2.png (480x320, 16K)

>saying the M word

Attached: 1539391427802.png (455x310, 134K)

>It seemed like a good idea at the time!
Gate was basically on viral cocaine at the time, he really was just doing whatever the fuck came to mind.

Corruption by the Zero/Sigma virus

Shit. Very underwhelming, combat is crap, movement is classic Inti Creates which is cool but doesn't help when the whole gameplay is "Press R to win". The final battles still piss me off to this day, with one not even being able to hit the boss because he hides under his growing one hit kill ball of death while the true one recycles the regular boss fight and feels way too anticlimatic.

I think it might be in an alternate timeline continuity where the zero series never happens, since it takes place in 22xx.
I think the devs said that its mean to indicate that the game series are only *possible* futures, so its possible for the X series to not verge into the zero series or something.

Gate was pretty meh compared to the truly great villains of the X series.

Attached: dats a good qweschin.png (1444x968, 1.19M)

It's possible, if it takes place just before the start of the Elf Wars. All we know is that after the Sigma Virus was permanently defeated, there was a brief period of peace before Weil went crazy. Other than that, it's difficult to say.

Attached: illust_49329697_20180731_135608.png (600x1725, 1.35M)

You can do it in two runs I believe if you beat Dinorex first (lol), go in with Zero first to get the heart and clear it, then come back with X for the armor part. It's still a boring ass stage to slog through, though.

Played both ASG1 and 2.
Gunvolt's gameplay was kinda linear and repetitive (even though his supers were cool) but trying to get good combos/high scores was at least interesting with how you have to carefully tag shit. Copen was super fun to play with due to his mobility and harnessing a Weapons system similar to the X series. Shame his stages are kinda short and he can cheese the final fight vs Gunvolt due to his water weakness

I liked their interactions with each other, too, but I'm kinda concerned about what road Copen/GV's gonna go down after the former's sister lost her memories and became the very thing he irrationally hates and GV doesnt have Joule anymore.
Its a shame almost all of the girls die, they were super cute
Lola>Joule (but not by too much)

>teehee guys X5 is worse than X7
Bad bait

Attached: 1538879107703.png (1815x1845, 1.09M)

The great tragedy of the elf wars was that humanity seemingly lost the ability to create female reploids with boobs.

Megaman Gacha when

Possibly soon if Protodude is telling the truth.

>bad bait
>posts radlionheart

Attached: 1554697716550.png (231x277, 81K)

I mean, if any traditional X is worse than X7 then that's the first one I'd nominate. Even so, I'm ultimately compelled to disagree with that notion because for as boring as X5 is, X7 is full on FUBAR.

But all characters pale before the might of green biker dude.

Attached: greenbikerdude.jpg (1017x672, 61K)

He was literally too good for this world

Six is shit.
X8>X1>X4>X5>X2>X3>X6>X7

F

My first internet meme
RIP buddy

>X8 first

That's pretty spicy, and I say this as someone who sees X8 as a redemption effort. It's still running a good 50/50 ratio on good/bad stages but those good stages are the best X had seen in a while.

This Zero is the same Zero from XZ?

Attached: 601f23792ad3b6256ce6a9f465330d85.png (420x420, 151K)

>X8 first
im trying hard to not reply and failing. i know its bullshit but man thats irresistable

Yes
Basically Zero and X souls live on as this demi god kind of fabled things

>Version history
Wait, Life/WeaponUps were meant to be shared from the start?

nah

>Zero and X souls live on as this demi god kind of fabled things
Not really
Ciel created models X and Z using data that she had collected of them

Technically, it's made from the remains of the copy body with the real Zero's spirit. Model O is made with Zero's original body and Omega's soul.

X8 is a great game, made Axl likeable, had all three characters feel unique and useful/equal, and had a decent plot.

Fite me haters.

Sorry user but you are absolutely correct and a cool dude

command mission axl > x8 axl > x7 axl
its a shame he was introduced in almost the worst x game

The embodiment of presentation over quality

>One, if not, the best OP for a videogame
>Great OST
>Nice visuals

On the other hand

>Gimmicks outta the ass
>JUMPEH! JUMPEH!!
>SLADINEH! SLADINEH!!
>Easy as fuck
>Slow movement
>Useless weapons
>A fucking pink ball
>Grindfest for gears
>Branched stages

Still not the worst Classic MM, that prize belongs to MM5. Also check this 8

X7 isn't as bad as people think/remember, it's actually easier to deal with than X6

I don't think the stages were all there. It makes something of X7's dual character mechanic, X's customizable armor options were a nice addition, and I'd rather collect metals than injured reploids anyday. But at the end of the day the shitty stages in X8 like Manowar, Sunflower, and Rooster keep it from hanging with the best of the series. But yeah, X8 was basically the series un-JUST-ing itself but it needed an X9 to fix the remaining issues.

I played X7 for the first time on LC2. Even had the courtesy of bearable load times. Prior to unlocking X I wanted to kill a man by the time I beat my first boss, and even after getting X I was still left with a bad game, just one that didn't quite fill me with the urge to murder the innocent.

^ The contrarian meme gone wrong

Because X7 and X8 are not canon. You see, there was this license issue and the story took two separate routes with the Megaman Zero franchise being the correct one. Think about it, before X7 Zero goes to sleep for a gorillion years but in X7 and X8 we see him as if nothing happened while in the very first Megaman Zero you're actually waking him up.

By the way, there are two Megaman X5 on the Playstation Store so you can tell there were some fuck ups on the road.

I played X7 on LC2 going in with a "it can't possibly be as bad as people were making it out to be" optimistic viewpoint. Turns out it's as bad as people making it out to be, I have a high tolerance for mediocre gameplay and this was just misery in video game form.

Attached: ba10e4991fea235cf7afc158dab0b5b6c12416dfr2600430v2_hq.jpg (600x430, 55K)

Why'd Rockman online have to be canceled?
Would unironically watch an anime of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=OIDNuz_gzxo

Zero's ending in X6 was said to occur at the end of the series. It doesn't have to be strict and leave room for X7 and X8 chronologically.

is this the one with duff mcwhalen?

x5

I know for damn sure I played better games on the regular back in the early 00s too so X7 was bad even for its time, let alone now.

That's X5.

Lola has the better songs, but I like loli Joule more by a tiny bit.

It sucks that GV doesn't have Joule anymore because of that. And yeah, its a shame that the cute girls die. Desna, Elise, and Gibril were good. I hope Copen's spinoff game is better, whenever thats fucking coming out.

Attached: 744c25a469bbbe726929cf0f0285593c.jpg (1920x1080, 1.57M)

It was pretty obvious based on the gameplay we did see that it wasn't going to be very interesting or live up to whatever exciting plot those two trailers conjured up in your head.

megaman x5.5: elf wars when?

I can't believe how hard is going back to Gunvolt after playing with Copen. I mean, i hate him, he's the edgiest red rival in the world but i don't get how could they think that giving more special attacks to him instead of, i don't know, making GV's thunderbolts ignite enemies was a good idea. I get it, you can't give ice powers to the guys known for his electrical powers, but goddamn just give him something that makes sense at least.

It makes me wish I was playing MMZ instead. No score attack, no tagging system, just MMZ's movement and gameplay bolted onto a new setting with whatever ideas they want to add to it after that.

>GV1: Aw neat, Inti’s back.
>Oh, the level dialogue is gone now.
>Weaving around sure is easier than having to aim.
>Jhitt.
>No Zonda fight?
>Fortress time and there’s a short as hell stage with the first mini-boss back.
>Fortress 2 and here’s Merak again.
>Nova sure isn’t hard, even with the pendant.
>Now this final boss I can get behind.

>GV2: AW SHIT, Copen’s fast as fuck, this is great.
>And it’s over already.
>His plot’s nice tho.

But OP, that isn't Megaman X4.

X4 has the best OST!

Copen's getting a spinoff game? God, Ive been out of the loop for awhile. I hope it keeps that incredible movement and weapon system while making the stages more dynamic at least. He already plays really well - it just needs to be expanded upon.

They just need to find more ways for him to manifest and zap shit, and make them closer to some boss attack skills instead of just powerups to unlock whenever. Not sure if they can make him more than the usual tag and zap stuff when it comes to regular gameplay, though.
And now that he doesnt have Joule, his options are likely gonna be fewer overall without her backing him.

X6 wants a word with you

>I fucking hate this game so god damn much. Holy shit it is the worst mainstream megaman game of all fucking time. It is fundamentally BROKEN, what an absurdly SHITTY MESS
This but for every game in the X series.

OVER HERE

Attached: 7379860_p0.jpg (770x1102, 701K)

Yeah, its called Luminous Avenger iX which was revealed last year.

Man i fucking loved command mission, i wish they made a sequel, Command Mission: Elf wars fucking when

youtube.com/watch?v=yl6QM4hUft8&list=PL9A7DD8572486C671&index=8

This shit pretty much sums up X6

>make command mission
>arguably best iteration of all reploids and x/zero
>make literal top tier characters JUST for this game
>ONLY X game where sigma ISNT the final boss
>never expanded upon
god it fucking hurts

I love this game. Plus the music is fucking great.

>The music is fucking amazing
>The scenes are really fucking good
Feeble Massimo and Zero coming back to beat the shit out of Shadow still make me shiver

Just download the patches.

the execution of the game made it come off as a really mediocre jrpg unfortunately, and as much as VN playing faggots think story matters most, if your gameplay is shit even in a jrpg no one wants to play it

I dunno if I'd go that far, the battle mechanics were definitely above a no effort, cookie cutter JRPG. Granted, it's hardly one of the greats either but you can absolutely get more generic and unmemorable than Command Mission.

More like Cell since they are both based from the protagonist, they have the same voice and perfection claims.

>Zero?
>Yeah I'm here. Oh hi Shadow, fuck you.
>[Zero has joined the party]
>ZERO GIVE ME THE SUPRA FORCE METAL
>It's right fucking there
>ZERO GIVE IT TO ME
>I dont have time for this shit. Work it out with X
>[Zero has left the Party]

Attached: Sorry but I had to report you.png (720x960, 578K)

You first exposure to less than stellar games with absolute 10/10 soundtracks right?
youtube.com/watch?v=4Zcz7Eb1e9s

Attached: DrivingEmotionbox.jpg (231x323, 32K)

Megaman x7 and x8 are shit because they changed the game style,dinamics, graphics,etc

i love the traditional megaman.

That shit is like playing any metal slug game vs metal slug 3D. the change is noticeable

>gate took me months to beat
>get fucking good
user are you even listening to yourself

I read his sentence like 4 times and I don't see the problem. He was shit. Then, he became good. Or at the very least he hit his head in the right spots on the wall and got the right combination of thunks to bring it down

i suppose you’re right about the getting good part but imagine acting like you’re hot shit for beating gate after six months

Attached: 1530447991882.png (819x819, 200K)