Attached: IMG_6277.jpg (495x620, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gematsu.com/2019/04/death-end-request-for-pc-launches-may-6
youtu.be/BVnIBAw_wvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes but everyone shits on it because its cool to shit on Compile Heart

this

Big if true however quint if not

I've been tricked into playing compile heart games so many times but I'm still going to give this a try.
>save the JRPG genre
What does that even mean? Are you acting retarded on purpose?

You fucks don't even talk about the game. It's just waifuposting on these threads. No shit everyone thinks it's shit.

Are you sure you're thinking of the right game? Almost every thread I've seen about this has been actually discussing it since that's an integral part of pleading for others to play it.

are there any hot titty monsters?

lolno

...You do know CH make more than Nep games and this game has been quite extensively discussed in terms of strategies because it has a lot of mechanics to discuss.
>Knockback with its angles
>TriAct for getting the most out of your combos
>Flashpoint for structuring combos to learn skills and determining where to learn them.

What's the deal with this game? I was thinking about getting it but it looked like a $20 game rather than the full $60.

It's just neptunia garbage

It's a low budget JRPG, its not going to look like a AAA ultra realistic graphics thing.

Have you played it?

Do I have to? it's unmistakably neptunia garbage

Considering it plays nothing like a Neptune game, yes.
But I'll humor you
How is it Neptune garbage?

Cope

How's the story classic jrpg? Any romance? Dialogue choices? No pc release yet makes me sad.I will never buy anything on my ps4 again

Attached: ponder.png (400x400, 107K)

How did you miss this?

Fuck forgot link
gematsu.com/2019/04/death-end-request-for-pc-launches-may-6
>Note: It's May 16th not May 6 that was a typo

Miss what?

So you don't have an argument or any case?
Good to know

Seething

>no pc release
pass

>Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction? – Jump between reality and in-game modes, as players will need to investigate in the real world view to solve the mysterious inner-workings of the World Odyssey, and switch to an in-game view mode to battle against glitched-out monsters. Choose options wisely, as your decision can change the game’s ending!
Turn-Based RPGs Flipped Upside Down – In this turn-based command battle system, you can roam freely and duke it out with fearsome monsters. During battle, players can change the game’s genre from a first-person shooter to even a fighting game!
Oh that sounds interesting. I'll definitely get this game. Thanks user

Enjoy it, user. It's fun

I was gonna say exactly this.

4 posts up from your post.

>re;
Anything with that in the title is absolute dog shit.

Have sex with a NepNep body pillow

It's a slightly better than average compile heart game with OK writing.

Not really. Still one of the best games of 2019, that battle system is absolutely great even without the hacks.

Even people who like the game will admit that the genre swapping gimmick is trash

Attached: 6676BBCE-01BE-4AD1-AE75-D62FCBF3E0CD.jpg (649x480, 42K)

Yes. I liked the summons more.

Speak for yourself, the fighting game and shooting game in battle were super fun

The combat looks fucking retarded.

Is it better than pic related? If not kindly leave.

Attached: 0E1C78C0-B238-4636-892D-9B81B153E773.gif (128x128, 69K)

Sell me on this compile shart game

Not for me
That would be one of the best games of 2018. Well worth importing day 1.
GOTY was Rance X and no one can prove me wrong

Corpse Party meets SAO with cliche plot twist and shitty CYOA-tier "VN" segments. It's a solid 6/10 and you should only play it for the somewhat unique battle mechanics.

In scale of 1-10 how armpits is this game?

I admit that yeah, that part is trash and I went in expecting that to be better. Knockback more than made up for it in a really good way.

It’s half standard JRPG where you explore a video game world and half conspiracy theory VN. It forces you to go between two stories, and each one kept me wanting to see more.

It didn't help that I sped through this game during spring break. Parts of it felt like a mystery novel that I just wanted to finish so I wouldn't be left guessing.

Honestly that's the best and worst part of CH games, great ideas but never really completed enough to be fun or meet its full potential.

The one time they came back with a mechanic that didn't work too well the first time but was a really interesting idea and tried it again, it was fucking perfect.
Castle Panzer proves they just need to try their ideas a second time to really make them solid. It's why they have the best rubbing minigames on vita.

Are there other games using the same sort of knockback mechanic? Even without the rest, that alone saved the usually dull CH gameplay.

Not yet, it was a totally new mechanic they came up with for Death End alongside the other stuff like field bugs and full battle map movement. We might be lucky and get something new if not a direct sequel with a similar battle system from them in the future but right now the projects they're working on are
>E-Ninja Neptune(Nep Team supposedly)
>Azur Lane Cross Wave(Genkai Tokki Team)
>DAL VN
The team that made Death End at least currently has no active projects so they may be working on something, god knows what that is though.

Superior compile hrart game coming through.

Attached: varnir-of-the-dragon-star_2018-06-19_001[1].jpg (800x1186, 401K)

Better waifus

Attached: WitchDragon-7[1].jpg (1000x563, 97K)

I think Death End's better but Varnir was a lot of fun.

Cool male protag.

Attached: varnir-of-the-dragon-star-details-shardo-jaiga-nyarumo-gran-field-exploration-presents-and-madness-1 (600x338, 70K)

And actualy romance

Attached: Valneer-of-the-Dragon-Star_Fami_06-12-18_001[1].jpg (640x360, 65K)

I agree with you but dude there's no need to start a battle here even more so since the games are made by the exact same team in CH. Galapagos made both games, there's no competition between the two, both games give Galapagos and CH money.

>男魔女
is that what i think it is?

Yeah, is Minessa saving Zephy's life by sharing her tainted blood. Now Zephy has to try and survive without succumbing to madness like the witches since he's also one of them now.
If you succumb to madness you die because a dragon bursts out of your womb or in Zephy's case stomach.

>no mention of gameplay
the absolute state of CH-fags please turn your computer off and hang yourself

what's the gameplaly like?

I can't becuase translation never

Is Tsunako doing most of the art in this game or is it just one character?

i actually liked the genre swapping as a change of pace sometimes.

2022 maybe
It was just the one. It's like a big celebration of all the CH artists with each of the main 4 getting a party member. Unfortunately Tsunako didn't get any of the villains but Kei and Hirano are great when it comes to those kinds of designs. Also newbie-kun who did Zephy and one of the villains is a pretty good character designer.

Sure, we can talk about gameplay. Namely, what the fuck we're they thinking with this 3-level battle system?
youtu.be/BVnIBAw_wvk

>Namely, what the fuck we're they thinking with this 3-level battle system?
Surfing on a sword is fucking stylish and it's an interesting enhancement based on the Omega Quintet system on a surface level while expanding on ideas that work with the game's themes and concept.

Interesting. Yeah his designs look nice.

Thats a weird battle system, I'll probably check it out though.

Not saying it's bad, just my initial reaction since that video was the first I'd seen of it. There's probably a lot of neat things they can do with it, if the game lets me dunk enemies from the top layer I'm sold.

another comfy death end re:quest thread?
hell yeah

The only reason this game is considered "good" is because it came out at around the same time as Anthem. Prove me wrong. You can't.

Oh, my bad, sorry user.
Enemy layer switching is something you have some control over through special attacks(magic), again this is where the OQ reference comes in. You can blow back an enemy with Kanadeko and Otoha for Nene to shoot at her perfect range. Same principle where you can force enemies on to layers that will be unfavorable to them or favorable to you to a degree.
The real appeal is the multilayer boss battles but the standard battle system is just as fun once you get deeper into it. Not as much of a learning curve as Death End with its Knockback angles and Flashpoint though.

I imported it Day 1 last year and we had some pretty good threads. Most people don't speak moon though but consensus at the time was it was a cool battle system and most people wanted it to get localized sooner than later.

>looks exactly like every other compile games

nice try faggot.

>looks exactly like every other compile games
It literally doesn't. Not even the battle system is remotely similar

Oh yeah how was Varnir and their Alchemist game? Varnir looked interesting from trailers and premise but Alchemist looked garbage form the first trailer

>literally doesnt
it literally does you colossal faggot

Attached: Untitled.png (1118x312, 791K)

Varnir ended up being pretty good though its a little more standard in terms of combat(no field movement outside of the 3 layers) its more akin to Omega Quintet than Nep, FFF, Death End, etc.
Battle system had a lot of depth to it, game was a lot of fun, the feeding and madness mechanics were executed surprisingly well. Story was enjoyable, music was amazing. Overall I highly recommend it much like I do Death End
Alchemist was bad and more a test to see if a full CH game could be made with 3d models only and no 2d VN sequences. Gameplay was clunky as shit and didn't feel that good at all. The town builder was fun though so it had that going for it, that and a grenade class where you could spam grenades and landmines. Those were fun. The rest was bad. Really bad...

That hacking ability that says it gives a set amount of corruption never gave any of my girls a percentage of corruption and just didn't let them get corruption from the bugs. Is it broken or did I misunderstand what it does?

>Nep
No knockback
No TriAct
No Flashpoint
No full field movement
No Field Bugs
No hacking
>Death End
Has all of the above
You couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

Not but you can't deny that CH games have pretty similar looking battle systems, even if the actual mechanics beyond the basics are pretty different.

If I'm thinking of the right technique what it's for is if you're in glitch mode or close to entering it you can use that to delay transforming as for a certain percentage in that battle field bugs and enemy attacks won't increase corruption.
It may have been translated poorly. But it stops you from accidentally 1. Killing yourself for breaching 100% corruption 2. Transforming when you're trying to save it up for a bigger fight down the track.
It's like a balancing act skill more than free corruption.

They only look similar since they're one of the few turnbased JRPG devs who have field movement instead of static positioning and that's kind of their thing.

100% agree, just giving benefit of the doubt to the bait since it's obvious he has no intention of ever playing the games.
Also, I just realized I somehow missed that the DLC came out a month ago, how worthwhile is it?

I'd need to check since I played the Jap version.
If its 2 dungeons or Ripuka
Worth paying for
If its anything else no

Just checked and those three are indeed out.
So the two dungeons and Ripuka are the ones you want. The rest are cosmetics or things to make the game easier.

The DLC aren't worth anything, you can easily complete the entire game without them.

I remember one of the two dungeons has some post-game content since the story had some loose ends they wanted to tie up but didn't in the main game. I think its the lava themed one. Also Ripuka is pretty fun to play as. The rest are pointless but yes, none of them are required to complete the base game.