*Ruins your classic game, characters, and franchise*

*Ruins your classic game, characters, and franchise*

Attached: 51J3SJW6H0L._SY445_.jpg (310x445, 27K)

I hate the Advent Children style hair so much. It looks better in 7, Dissidia, and Smash.

Attached: PSX-Cloud-Wedge-1024x542.jpg (1024x542, 85K)

Like most things wrong with Square, I blame Nomura

It was kino fuck you. The 3D animation was very good for its time. We got to finally see a proper animated fight between Seph and Cloud.

Attached: c7b6685ffd59cd7a126322532794960c80897cab_hq.gif (500x375, 1.9M)

Kingdom Hearts is what established emo Cloud and stalker Sephiroth as their preferred personalities, everything after just followed that pattern.

because you’re a fucking retard

The quality of the animation was the only good thing about AC

>dogshit gameplay.
>you can apparently ruin this (?)
Lol

This, if anything, blame Kingdom Hearts

>"Shilly shally, dilly dally..."
>"Huh?"
>"Shilly shally, dilly dally!"

>before the final epic battle
>"Shilly shally, dilly dally!"

>after the final battle
>"I guess I'm done shilly shally, dilly dally-ing."

Oh my fucking god how can a localization team fuck up so perfectly? How was there no one in the room who had the decency to drop kick the autistic weeb who thought this was a good idea?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Japanese she was verbalizing the sound of dragging to illustrate how Cloud broods on the fence rather than takes action. All they had to do was have her say "drag drag drag" or something like that, but "shilly shally, dilly dally" is something a cute Irish granny would say to small children. Hearing this phrase four times was just about the worst part of this movie.

How is a made up rushed story kino you fucking moron.

Attached: 1555104841595.jpg (729x713, 84K)

t. seething KHfag

>is still the best video game movie to date
>ruins

What would you have done then?

The first live action resident evil film is better as is Resident Evil Degeneration

>is still the best video game movie to date
Even if that was the case, that's not exactly a high bar

Attached: BeJL9PgCcAEjwU2.jpg_large.jpg (486x531, 86K)

Nothing. There was no reason to continue the story. It's just the equivalent of a shitty filler anime episode.

>made up story
Do you want them to make a historical documentary?

Not user but I agree, the story was absolute nonsensical.
Fighting and music were still beautiful.

Watched this with no knowledge of 7 or any FF game for that matter. I don't remember much from this movie other than that Silly Sally quote making me and my brother lose our shit from laughing. Movie was a comedic fever dream for me.

Attached: 1550177940776.png (260x494, 75K)

/thread

>haters make fun of Sephiroth for being ''mama's boy''
>Square makes this pos movie and even worse crybaby ''villains''
Fuck Square, fuck Final Fantasy, fuck Nomura and fuck anime.

More like ruins your whole company.

I thought Crisis Core was a good enough game but the "extended universe" shit really retroactively shit up FF7.

Fuck you, Kadaj was an interesting villain and I hope FFVIIR does him justice

this movie was kino

Even in context it came off as a fever dream. There was too much going on, so many new original characters to take the spotlight from beloved characters to give us cool fight scenes and not much else. Well, comedy I guess.

Why the fuck would he be in the remake?

>watching the dubbed version
your fault

post-game scenario that takes place after the Meteor arrives a la RDR

>implying FF7 wasn’t anime as fuck

This movie gave me trauma when I was a kid because I thought it was so cool. When my parents watched it, they made fun of how girly Cloud and Sephiroth looked. Dad called them gay and sword fights lame. It made me insecure about showing japanese stuff publically.

Attached: 2394294924.png (400x388, 137K)

It's even worse in Japanese, it sounds like she's having a stroke.
For all the faults of the English dub at least it's not as bad as the horrible Japanese one.

Good.

Actors can only do so much with a garbage script, no matter what language they speak

You seem to post wrong pic

Let me fix that

Attached: Dirgeofcerberususbox.jpg (250x352, 55K)

Sounds like your dad is a cuck getting off on your mom sucking bbc desu

>linkin park: the fight

>tfw XIII and XV's default battle themes shamelessly try to be VII' s while misunderstanding what made it work.

Attached: 1552609331299.png (1083x977, 1.3M)

Friendly reminder that original >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Complete
The last thing Advent Children needed was even more exposition scenes and pointless bullshit with Denzel. I've always floated around the idea of making a thirty minute edit of AC that brings it back to being a small fanservice thing without much plot like it was originally supposed to be.

The movie is kino and people whining about emo cloud are fucking retards
>save the world
>it goes to shit anyways
>you get lifestream aids
>supposed to be happy go lucky about this

The dub's pretty good though.

It says a lot about how terrible the script is when even when you don't know the language you still cringe because you can just FEEL how bad it is.

hisashiburi da na, kuroudo
DUN DUN DUN DUN

Attached: hisashiburi.jpg (720x480, 30K)

When this guy fucks your bitch

Attached: 27246531.jpg (284x177, 6K)

What's wrong with Linkin Park?

t. retard who didn't understand the point of the game's story

>Guy wants to show everyone Akira at college.
>Sure fine kino flick.
>Blu Ray player hooked up with composite cables.
>???
>Everybody talks shit about how its "gay power rangers(???)".
>He starts crying.
>Second hand embarrassment is crushing me.
>oh shit Haha gotta go

I should have saved him.

Brian I'm sorry.

Explain why it's bad

Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess,
We seek it thus, and take it to the sky,
Ripples form on the water's surface,
The wandering soul knows no rest.

Attached: Genesis_reads_LOVELESS.jpg (480x272, 37K)

The movie? Because it basically shit on the game's ending and threw out basically everyone's characterization

I really never liked Steve Burton's Cloud, he always sounds more bored than anything else. Granted this is more of a problem with the terrible writing and is an even bigger problem with Takahiro Sakurai who's just fucking garbage in everything, but still. At least Steve actually did a good job in Crisis Core when Cloud was allowed to have emotions again.

Thankfully, real life genesis is a nobody now and Square doesn't associate with him anymore

What characterization? If you say Cloud I'll know your a fucking retard because he's a crazy person who thinks he's someone else for like 80% of the game.

This guy's hot

Attached: Yazoo-EarlyFootage.jpg (896x518, 48K)

Genesis was a fun villain who was so autistic about his friends being the main characters of that play to the point that he manipulated them and their families into bringing about the end of the world

>>is still the best video game movie to date

I disagree

Attached: Street-Fighter-Raul-Julia.png (600x300, 248K)

Loveless: Act 1

Attached: 23.jpg (1280x720, 65K)

At least it wasn't kh2 or FF X-2

>We got to finally see a proper animated fight between Seph and Cloud.
Exactly

People that bitch about Cloud being changed in subsequent games to FFVII are fucking idiots because the Cloud they remember was a shitty 90s translation abomination that would make Ted Woosley cringe

Interesting. Can you go into detail about how it threw out Cid's, Barret's, Vincent's, Yuffie's, Red XIII's and Tifa's characterization?

>a Gackt self-insert was retconned in to be one of the most important characters in the FF7 mythos
I will never forgive Square Enix for this.
At least there's the silver lining that since Genesis and Angeal were there to meet the brooding quota, Cloud and Sephiroth were actually allowed to be real characters again and Zack gets to be best boy.

The whole fucking point Cloud character was to get over his past and move on you dipshit.

That you shouldn't wallow in your mistakes and let other people suffer with you.

Don't apologize to the son of dob

>Tifa
Continues to make her an enabler for Cloud's bullshit when her whole arc was about getting past that
Everyone else barely even has a character in the movie, they're just there to spout exposition.

the scenes with Reno and Rude were good, everything else were shit though.

This. Cloud was not emo he was a cocky smart ass punk. The only time he was depressed is when he was fighting out his real past, that he wasn't in soldier and his best friend died.

I liked it. It didn't ruin anything, it was just kind of superfluous when people would have preferred a new game or remake. Plus it's still a lot better then the shit show that was Crisis Core...

Attached: 1478537250189.jpg (528x325, 65K)

So the claim that everyone's characterization got thrown out is a rather retarded thing to say, no?
>an enabler for Cloud's bullshit
What? The only real dialogue between Tifa and Cloud I recall before the final battle is when she's bitching to him about burying himself in his fruitless geostigma investigation as a way of escaping shame and interaction with others. So what are you talking about here?

>Plus it's still a lot better then the shit show that was Crisis Core...
Genesis is garbage but Zack is so good it makes up for it.

>The whole fucking point Cloud character was to get over his past and move on you dipshit.
Yeah, it was to get over his past and pretending he was something he wasn't. Not the guilt of losing his friends. And none of that means he can't be sad him and his adoptive son have space cancer.

What was the deal with Denzel again?

Who needs a reboot if you have the sevening?

Not even the best FF movie. Kingsglaive was dumb but it was fun dumb AND it didn't ruin a game I actually cared about.

>Naruto
>good

>Advent Children: Directed by Nomura
>FF7Remake: Directed by Nomura
and people somehow still have high hopes for it

I think the CG anime of FFVII AC was really good, it kept me interested the whole way through and the aesthetics were badass.

Kingsglaive was trash.

Attached: 1555434492041.webm (514x330, 661K)

why did she go full lesbian?

That isn't Last Order

Attached: Last_Order_Poster.jpg (240x344, 29K)

Kingdom hearts beat both these to it.

Attached: 0629BAEA-A437-4464-AA20-0A97175F942B.png (637x671, 293K)

The decision to make Cait Sith aggressively Scottish was jarring. I get it, his name is based on their folklore, but nothing in the game suggested he spoke with a wee li'l Celtic accent.

>defending nomura
what kind of drugs are you on and how do I get some?

Admittedly yes, Zack was decently good character- not great, but amicable and relatable enough and with his own amount of charm. Seph was also surprising, he seemed like a pretty chill dude before he went all bat shit. But yeah, Angeal and Genesis can go fuck themselves.

Gameplay was pretty shallow though too, and either way too easy or grindy to oblivion depending on your difficulty. It was those few good nuggets and the fun tidbits that made the game worth playing.

Attached: CCFF7_Sephiroth__s_secret___8O_by_meru_chan.png (464x624, 328K)

>AND it didn't ruin a game
xv was trash already so you can't really ruin it any further

>Kingsglaive was dumb but it was fun dumb AND it didn't ruin a game

you can't ruin something that was already ruined

It's true, Reno did fuck Tifa in the best, extremely long, but unfinished fanfiction continuation of FFVII, that I to this day consider a more loving and loyal love letter to the original and its characters than the Compilation, even though I read in once around 2000 and have forgotten even what it was called or most of what happened in it, except that it had close to thirty parts in total. It was that good.

Otherwise, what the fuck are you talking about?