Expecting an honourable duel from the Sword Saint

>expecting an honourable duel from the Sword Saint
>get shot
What the fuck hackazaki?

Attached: 1554997913482.jpg (1282x1080, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XSRJGXUMBCs?t=2654
oldest.org/technology/guns/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Even DSP wrecked this boss. What's your excuse?
>b-but i get shot.
git

Bloodborne > DS1 > DS2 > DS3 > DeS > Sekiro
Shanalotte > Emma > Doll > MiB > Firekeeper > Anastacia

Bloodborne doesn't belong in any list. It belongs in the trash

DSP is officially the best Sekiro player in the world, even LobosJr took like 20 tries.

Attached: hmmm.jpg (1220x583, 214K)

he literally farmed extra attack power with the dragon mask and looked up guides

Stream that movie, if you're so great.

>literally pulls a spear out of his asshole
>pulls out a glock

I don't care what people say, this boss is fucking stupid trash

It's the ancient honorable Japanese Desert Eagle

Filtered

Attached: 1555342031729.png (1764x1768, 2.33M)

COPE

you sound like a salty little faggot. baka

he had the lazurite axe which is impossible without farming off stream

His rapidfire is one of my favorite moves to get when I'm having trouble. It's easy to react to, easy to spam L1 to, and almost always leads into a slow thrust for an easy mikiri.

Not only the dragon mask is an intended mechanic of the game but getting attack power does practically nothing on bosses as far as I know. you still do the same almost chip vit damage and maybe a little more posture damage. As for the guides, many also did and it still took them like 20+ tries to beat him. Looking at guides for bosses maybe can help know how to avoid certain attacks but unless you get the feel/timing for it by playing yourself you still will get wrecked. What i'm saying is that looking at guides is useless unless it is for getting a especific ending or something. He practically beat him fair and square.

>Ashina style of fighting literally says to do whatever it takes to win
you are gay and stupid

>it's impossible to kill demon of hatred and shichimen warrior for 3 lapis lazuli

>expecting an honourable duel
Sekiro is a walking arsenal.Him pulling out a gun and a spear is tame compared to you shooting canons out of your prosthetic arm

only farmed 1 attack power. did all optional stuff. stop making excuses for yourself.

A shinobi would know the difference between honor and victory.

>impossible without farming off stream
dude you can get like 6 lapis lazuli in a single playthrough and the axe cost only three, then the other hard material to get is the fulminated mercury which you can easily obtain from the ministry red guys at the end if you use a mibu ballon and the golden divine abduction thing. Takes like maybe 10 minutes of "farming". In fact on my first playthrough I max upgraded the shuriken and the sabimaru. It doesn't even help that much either.

not him but..

Attached: i know the rules.webm (294x125, 2.87M)

Knowing that it's coming doesn't make it hurt any less.

Attached: 1553195878931.jpg (419x746, 38K)

>ds2 >ds3
You’re out of your mind

DS2 had more replayability and took more risks than 3. I consider originality to be better than "lol remember xD" inherently, hence MiB being better than firekeeper.
DS2 also introduced most of the QoL stuff that made the game objectively better, such as 8D rolling.

How the fuck do you beat Genichiro. Not the final fight but the second fight

>5:1 for power attack
>exp requirement getting higher every time you use skill points
what's the point grinding it ?

On top of Ashina castle?
Just stay on his ass and counter him. There's really not much to explain. Sometimes his AI bugs out and he does his big Bow moves immediately after getting hit which leaves him open to more attacks. Just stop mashing after he deflects you, know that in the first phase he usually follows up his big jumping attack with a stab you can mikiri, and after you take away his first pip, he'll follow it up with a swing some times after that, so look for the tells. His big leaping stab in the second phase can be mikiri'd, too, so just do that. and make sure to be in the air if you're about to get hit by lightning.

>sekiro can shoot shuriken, fire, firecrackers and even fucking spear from his left arm
>surprise when Isshin shoot instead
>want honorable duel

Attached: 1448633766883.jpg (1896x1864, 312K)

>been able to consistently take 1 bar off of Genchiro
>got to Phase 2 and got wiped
I gotta try harder I guess.

Attached: 1537090435463.png (505x528, 332K)

Just keep at it, practice parries rather than dodging. If you're not just blindly throwing yourself at him with zero regard for learning then you'll get him in a few dozen tries at worst.

Not only that, but historically speaking, samurai fucking loved guns.

>shuriken
Useless against every boss other than Butterfly.
>firecrackers
They get you one (1) free hit in, if you're lucky.
>spear
100% useless

Prosthetics in this game are overall shit, especially against bosses. Don't even get me started on combat arts.

fucking copy, my nigga

Attached: 1554659872615.gif (372x200, 1.93M)

You'll get the hang of it. It might be better to run around a bit to bait his longer-range attacks which I found way easier to deflect.
Using Oil+Charged Flame Vent when he transitions helps a lot.

>Useless against every boss other than Butterfly.
chasing slice is still good for closing the distance on a boss fast
>They get you one (1) free hit in, if you're lucky.
you can also use them to heal safely
>100% useless
not on bosses who don't block

My bad I thought you said Isshin
Just stay on the offensive, you'll figure out his combo pretty quick.

The Ashina style doesn't give a fuck about honor

victory by all means

>tfw 1 week stuck on Sword Saint Isshin

Attached: 1533144245041.png (808x805, 516K)

>DSP did cope
>Yea Forums can't cope with this

POWERSTANCING

DaS3 cannot compare

Shouldn't have hesitated.

Attached: 1554500152648.png (1280x720, 1.66M)

Attack points with the mask are pointless. I'm ng3+ with 32 attack points and i do no damage.

>I consider originality to be better than "lol remember xD" inherently,
Yet you rate DS1 well over DeS, sure thing buddy

Im pretty sure i had two lazulite weapons end of my first playthrough. I only recall farming once for skill points to try out the mask.

For sheer gameplay purposes and level design, I assure you. Obviously DeS has more originality, and it's better in that regard, but it still plays like dogshit.

Consider suicide.

Took DSP four tries.
youtu.be/XSRJGXUMBCs?t=2654

Can you DSP fanboys just shut up already?

yes he looked guides how unlock 3 extra bosses just like everyone else, whats your point?

Attached: 1549569716709.jpg (1024x1000, 51K)

Not an argument. Last (you).

If you snooze, you lose Sekiro-chan!

Isshin only shoots you if you far away from him, he's punishing (you) for being a dishonorable fleeing bitch who is trying to take a sippy and regain posture.

Completely justifiable defense

Attached: yojimbo-gun.jpg (1280x1024, 221K)

>tfw i had gitten too gud at that point and just curbstomped the boss in a few attempts

Other isshin fight gave me more trouble

But taking a sippy makes him go full retard.

Attached: 1555240191139.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

Anyone on NG+3? Im finding later stages near impossible due to everything being one hit kills and chip damage being severe. I had to skip O'Rin.

>but won't tell """detractors""" to shut up despite talking about DSP non-stop for years
ok tevin

saved

he was just spamming r1 which is the right way to play this game, he was overfarmed as fuck for an Isshin 1st time this just shows that DS is far more difficult and better designed than Sekiro even though it's just spamming rolls

>SHINOBI EXECUTION
>...
>Where is my reward
>...
>aw shit

Fuck monkeys

Attached: yikes.jpg (400x323, 29K)

>honorable
>let me just run away and cheese

DSP, you should leave the thread, Im not giving you any views, fuck off.

Attached: 1555089252859.jpg (880x880, 72K)

Same thing goes for DS3 vs DS1 lmao

>this kills the Suckiro is hard meme
Demon's CHADS it's time to rise the FUCK up

Sekiro is only "hard" because the players make it hard for themselves, look at how prepared he is in terms of vitality and equipment.

Point. 3>2>1.

>there are people who unironically shill for DSP now

The state of nu-zoomer Yea Forums everyone. God help us all.

Attached: 1554202222939.jpg (500x500, 23K)

This is the gameplay of someone who has practiced off stream yet doesn't have the mechanical skill to play perfectly.

DS2 plays like shit and has shit levels though

It's the best moment in the entire game.
Monkey takes the second place.

The one HUGE complaint I have with this game is the fucking shield enemies. Do I have to pause the game and equip the axe every time i see one of these fuckers? I'm on NG+ right now and trying to get creative with them but FUCK nothing works but the fucking axe

>pause
>equip axe
>easily one shot enemy
>pause
>equip your last prosthetic again
>ok go

is getting really annoying. Please tell me there's some other tactic for dealing with them beause I dont even like the axe

>comfy sekiro thread turned into an e-celeb thread

Attached: 1548452875102.png (292x200, 77K)

>divine abduction on Isshen
>win instantly

Just keep the ax on the slot then

DS2 plays far better than 1. I already mentioned 8D rolling, but it also implemented non-instant parries / backstabs, metal-as-fuck twinblades, power-stancing, viable fist weapons, had the most replayability in the series, etc. I'll give you level design, though.

There was a thread last night with people wishing they were him and saying he is set for life streaming and we should be jealous. I know we joked about being here forever in 2007 and that it was always shit but it was never THIS shit.

Attached: 1508029225411.jpg (480x953, 323K)

I'd have thought that but with DoH you can tell if it's the first attempt based on if there are NPCs in the arena. He faced him first time then went on to isshin.

sorry too busy styling with sabimaru/raven feather/fan/flamethrower/spear/any of the more fun options than the boring fucking axe

DS2 is floaty as shit, grab hitboxes still look absolutely stupid and everything is unnecessarily slow
DS1 is pretty aged by now but I'd still play it over 2

Run past the shield enemies. There’s probably only like 2 in the whole game

>and looked up guides
so did almost everyone else

>almost everyone else
Don’t project just because you did user

i mean whatever but what you're telling me is that it's an outright FLAW in the game so yeah i guess thats my one huge fucking complaint

It's definitely his first attempt on this save, but there's no way he doesn't know exactly how the fight works from the second it starts.

You’re the one who doesn’t want to use the Ax. Shut the fuck up

DS2 had uncreative difficulty. It had things that were hard just for the sake of being hard.

>phase 1
Jobichiro shouldn't take you longer than 30 seconds
>phase 2
His patterns are easy to learn and builds up posture easily, once you get this one down the rest of the fight will be easy
>phase 3
Keep your distance until he does that jump attack, dodge it to get behind him and get a few hits in. Repeat until his vitality is down low enough for a deathblow
>phase 4
Same as phase 3 but always counter his lightning attack

Speaking of ishin, why didn't his gayass grandson used his grandpa badass swordstyle?, he used that shitty way of tomoe that looked like a dance

Attached: BB9596DB-3205-4E2C-9E2D-1988D60F7E90.jpg (850x735, 582K)

He says himself that the most important part of the Ashina style is just that you win. He doesn't seem big on honor.

It was a really fun fight and looked sick, but in the third phase, my GPU just couldn't handle it and the entire world began falling apart. Sometimes the game would freeze up for an entire second when lightning hit.

Genichiro was the biggest cuck. Who cares what he did or didn’t do

What made it more replayable than the others?

What kind of stupid fighting style doesn't have "win" as the primary goal?

The one your mom does with old men.

Styles that are based in honor?

The enemy spawns changed significantly, adding in various red phantoms around the world, including adding two of them in the Lost Sinner boss fight.

>powerstancing
It's honestly shit.

i cant even tell what this comment is supposed to mean

Any tips for NG+?

Attached: sekiro edit.png (1024x576, 609K)

t.filtered by ogre

honestly if you've finished ng, you should be able to crush everything in ng+. other than carp scales, you could just run through everything and only beat major bosses since minibosses only drop coins

Based

He farmed 1 bonus attack power, he used a guide to get the best ending, which gave him one more attack power, his chat helped him find all the lapis lazuli so he got the best upgrade for his axe and he also played without the bell curse. Fun fact: he didn't do a single mikiri counter in the Isshin boss fight and not a single successful thunder reversal.

On NG+5 and things are getting easier and easier. The last 2 NG+ cycles have felt no different whatsoever.

At this point I have a cloud save before Owl and only do the bosses from there and then reset.

I don't really like it when second phases occur by the boss just pulling weapons out of their ass. I know this might sound stupid, but I think a boss having multiple phases should make sense in a way. Like why doesn't Isshin just shoot Wolf to begin with? He has no reason to hold back in the fight.

Even Isshin talks about how great the Way of Tomoe is.

dont take kuro charm and ring the demon bell

he did do a mikiri counter. check phase 2.

I'm on NG++ and still don't have all the skills despite fighting mostly everything, how long you gotta grind for that shit?

was he really that tought for you guys, i had more trouble with owl2.
I defeated ss in 3 tries without use of any prostetics and without running.

Him and his entire gang then proceeds to get wrecked. So much for guns.

The dude comes back from hell ripping off Genichiro's torso like some kind of alien, and you are bothered by him picking up weapons as he goes?

Took me longer to kill than all the other bosses in the game combined. Now I wish his fight had 3 more phases so I could really enjoy that fight.

Owl is the hardest boss for me at this stage. I still don't have the hang of him. I do beat him after a few tries, but he is the only one who beats me anymore.

Well, yes. It's more about the general concept rather than the specific fight.

Guns are literally just a method of firing tiny swords at high speed

Took me 20+ tried to get past genchiro and first phase ishin but I killed the second and third phase in 1 try
I got no idea how maybe I got lucky

Attached: sekiro 2019-04-14 00-49-05-91.png (1920x1080, 3.33M)

A MAN WITH NO FRIENDS
ONLY LIVE FOR REVENGE
LIVE HIS LIFE OF THE HENGE
CUT THROUGH A THOUSAND MEN
BLADE SWING WITH THE FORCE OF A CYCLONE
CUT CRYSTAL AND BONE
PISTOL AND CHROME

HELP I CAN'T BEAT THE MONKEY ONCE I TAKE HIS HEAD OFF AHHHHHHHH

>isshin takes out his gun for the first time while im mid air
>deflect all 4 shots
I may have spammed block but that shit was kino

Honor/chivalry are literally just ye olde virtue signalling. No warrior has ever practiced honor when their life is on the line.

That's the easy part though. All of his sword swings are parrybait

You are as retarded as the Samurai calling Way of Tomoe a heretical art.

Doesn't exist outside of movies and anime. Honor is for suckers that get shot.

>Jobichiro
Explain this name pls.

owl 2 is the hardest because hes basically the only boss where you really need to be able to dodge in order to fight effectively. (firework attack)

i know dodging is useful in other fights, especially demon, but its not on the same level of 'required'.

So which enemy can you remove armor with the spear? Or they left the info on the npc talk a completely removed this feature?

Have you even Slave Knight Gael'd?

Did anyone play with the English dub?

>Anastacia
DS1 has no equivalent to the other games' Hub Waifus
Anastacia doesn't level you up, can be permanently killed, and has no more importance to the game than any of the other NPCs aside from keeping the Firelink checkpoint alive.
She certainly doesn't manage core mechanics like leveling up or Estus. Nor is she even core to the story. You can do it all without talking to her once.

Attached: 1554009586950.gif (244x300, 2.66M)

The slow nude retarded big bois that have armor plate on their chest.

She is also the best girl. You forgot to mention that.

Attached: 41657685_p3.jpg (872x800, 164K)

>puppet one of the big bois with hammers
>ahw yeah, now he'll kick the shit out of everyone for me
>he does absolutely miserable damage to everyone else

what gives?

I don't get why people like Emerald herald so much

>Game is about a Shinobi with a prosthetic arm
>His arm is basically useless against all bosses, save for firecrackers and the shield

Attached: 1555368914904.jpg (1076x1073, 715K)

shurikens are good against Madam butterfly, but yeah most of them aren't worth using for bosses.

What does the mask do? I never have any money and spent carp scales in the skill.

it baits shitters into ruining their game

no, im not even joking. dont use it.

>literally pulls a spear out of his asshole
>pulls out a glock
So he's just Sanada Yukimura from Nioh, what a ripoff

>Spy ennemies talking about how they put an armor to a warrior and how it would be easy to remove it
>Think that it's probably about a boss you can remove his armor with the spear
>Later have to fight the armored warrior
>Be 100% sure you have to use the spear to remove his armor
>Spend shitloads of time and deathblows before he has to get it away himself about how to kill him

Attached: 1506603209670.jpg (255x255, 15K)

t. literal brainlet with no reading comprehension

they said UNFITTING armor you absolute retard

its bait though isnt it

This is the mind of a casual, only likes easy games

>Owl 2 is hardest
Owl 1 is harder, THAT is a fight that teaches dodging because of the lloyd's bomb, meanwhile Owl 2 has half a dozen exploitable moves that you're prepared for by then.
Also Owl 1 is the only boss I've seen that can get stuck in a rape loop (he'll stomp, jumping shuriken wave then slash and start the whole thing over with the stomp), this utterly destroys posture and you get bisected.

It lets you raise your attack power with skill points.

you didnt listen to the eavesdrop and the Warrior's dialogue. The eavesdrop says that the big guy didnt like wearing the armor, while the Warrior actually brags about his armor.

You people are honestly so fucking retarded. Historically samurai used guns, bows, spears and any other methods to win no matter what. Samurai definition of honor was winning, not "not using dirty tricks" there was no such thing, everything was allowed in war and combat.

The real life Sword Saint, Miyamoto Musashi who had over 60 duels in his life and won every single one of them, often intentionally arrived hours late to duels to anger his opponents and agitate them.

Was the Armor knight supposed to be hard?
I got him in one deathblow

but you can parry all of those moves and negate any chance of getting your posture broken. whereas parrying the fireworks still does big chip damage.

The french translation is really shit

No fucking style "that is based on honor" has ever existed in history. Everything was always about winning.
Samurai used guns you morons.

oh. im sorry for getting mad at you, user. its not your fault then.

It's easy as fuck but I was spamming the spear like a retard

You're just too stupid to figure out that he just picks up the spear from the ground, because the flower field is the same than in the intro cinematic where Isshin killed General Tamura decades ago. So after phase 1 he notices Tamuras spear on the ground where he died and picks it up.

This, Sekiro is my first finished Miyazaki game and even I beat Isshin with only 15 attack or something like that, didn't even fight Owl 2 or Demon

Run when he starts to bring his head up. If you have the Loaded Spear+1 upgrade, use it when he does that falling overhead strike, the one that gives you the almost Deathblow-like stance. It will do massive posture damage.

Holy shit I never realized that.

You know nothing about the game, just stop talking. Prosthetics are the most powerful attacks in the entire game, as is Double Ichimonji and High Monk combat arts.
They are perhaps even too overpowered.
You are absolutely clueless about the game.

Took me till NG4 and still had to grind endgame mobs for about 40 mins. All for shit you'll never use

what about the repeater though? that shit didnt even exist

This webm ruined what was once a great movie.

>that shit didnt even exist
Neither did 4/5 of the stuff in the game, if you want to be pedantic.

But he always darts away if you just parry him, he dances around poking at your posture with all his safe moves and by the time you get in he does a counterhit that puts you in the red and staggers
Also that rooftop is not as big as mada mada's room, he can force you into that corner next to the door and totally ruin your camera so on top of trying to perfect dodge/parry you also have to constantly reposition yourself
Meanwhile 2 is just "oh I can dodge to the right when he cracker slashes, man this fight is so much easier now that I can mikiri his old ass from across the room"

He returned from the underworld, found a new toy there.

like what? not including stuff thats pure fantasy like giant snakes and magic prosthetics
i can accept that

when he dances away chase him with chasing slice or nightjar slash or just a jump attack
forcing him into a corner can be effective too
i like to pop a confetti at the start of the fight

Attached: Giraffe Niggas.jpg (1920x1080, 833K)

>dying to centipedes

bro.... just parry their strings man, they basically offer themselves up on a plate

tall japanese men

Bloodborne > DeS > DaS1 > Sekiro > DaS2 > DaS3

I know but my timing slipped a bit when he went for the sweep. I'm just fucking around on a new save for fun.

Attached: 342.jpg (1920x1080, 999K)

There's also the hat midgets
So 5 in the whole game

There are literally only shield enemies in Hirata estate, big fucking deal

What movie?

He's actually stupid easy, but the problem is the pillars of the stage that can hold him after a deathblow, it's actually really easy for someone to be unlucky enough to throw him against the pillar again and again until he says what to do out loud

or could get lucky like i did and kill him with the first deathblow without even realizing you needed to knock him off.

Fair enough, I just think he's harder in a relative manner, you go in thinking it'll be like Genichiro but then the old fuck starts fighting you like you'd fight a 7 Spears, he's definitely one of the better mirror matches I've fought.
>fighting Owl 2
>sprinting along the wall to get a heal in
>look to my left
>OWL IS SPRINTING WITH ME ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PILLARS
that's some real bushido shit

Attached: AWESOME.gif (616x347, 732K)

"Victory washes away dishonour." - The Bushido Code

oldest.org/technology/guns/
>Georg von Reichwein’s Revolver
>Year Created: 1597
Rich and powerful men have had custom made high tech guns for hundreds of years, these kind of guns were just really expensive to be made and were custom ordered, not mass produced.

Firecrackers can combo into Double Ichimonji on his first phase, which basically melts him.

Double Ichimonji is the best combat skill in the game, prove me wrong

Yeah Isshin's gun probably looks like an old Howdah pistol with half a dozen barrels
For reference look at the gun fort bitches with their shotgun rifles, Isshin probably paid them handsomely to make it small and repeating

>high monks over your sweep
heh...

The monk stuff is fun and the jumping one can be used for sweeping attacks, but yeah, Double is too good. Everything else in the game isn't that useful

There was no honor in the Sengoku period buddy, look what happened to Oda Nobunaga (who whimself was a treacherous little cunt).

Monk has a better use since it can cause major sweep posture damage and does the jump for you. Double Ichimonji is 2nd best but if you're attacking and parrying correctly Monk will serve you better

High Monk deals insane posture damage when you dodge a sweep with it and it's easy because it has iframes. Shadowfall is also very good since it deals direct HP damage every time. Ichimonji, High Monk and Shadowfall are the 3 best combat arts and arguably the only ones that are worth using.

WHAT IS WITH ALL THE MONKEYS WHAT DO THEY MEAN

spear is incredibly useful against ape's phase 2. Using the spear on him when he collapses after a parry does 25% posture damage.

If you could equip weakened Mortal Draw and not waste emblems I'd argue, but that's not the case.

>can't use the Mortal Blade as a second moveset
>all you get is a combat art
reeeeeeee

It makes shitters have to grind even harder for their achievements because XP requirements raise exponentially every point you gain and you need 5 points to boost your attack power with the mask. It’s better to save your points for skills and letting your attack power grow through defeating bosses naturally. You might have a harder time, but if you become proficient you WILL platinum faster than the shitter who wasted his points on boosting attack power.

>Use the whistle where there are like 20 monkeys regrouped
>It's like a livestream of Detroit

Why did nobody fucking tell me this

It's best to use it if he's already high posture

The game is full of secret uses and combos.

Did you know contact medicine is used to turn the mist raven feathers into a teleport machine?

w-what

WAIT is that what the game meant by the description saying like "used by certain shinobi to preform a special technique"?

Still don't understand why you would damage yourself to be able to avoid damage for a small period of time since buffs last so little time and raven has fuckhuge emblem cost. Just fucking parry shit, it's not that hard

its not a revolver but i see yalls point

>Muh honor

Attached: 1537183438229.png (2000x2000, 1.86M)

It’s good for bosses like DoH and Ape for quick escapes

its fun user

Yup. It’s also why your first contact medicine can be found near where the mist raven feathers are.