Was Mario Tennis Aces rushed?

youtube.com/watch?v=QxXKUDHpFhA

> Add a new intro cutscene almost a year after release
> Release characters months after it releases instead of just unlocking them when you bought the game
> Recycled voice clips up the ass in the intro

How did Nintendo allow this to happen? Didn't they learn from Ultra Smash?

Attached: D4Ka_6xU0AALE-I.jpg (1200x675, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ctpvor3o8jw
youtube.com/watch?v=AYBuy7i1uzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=0TJF0elsgTw
youtu.be/egn9B37GwpM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Everyone said it was rushed, the updates are only further evidence.

>that part with mario barely opening his mouth and the loud recycled "LUIGI!!" clip plays

embarassing

> Tfw Camelot are doomed to make shitty Mario sports game instead of their own IP's like Golden Sun
What went wrong?

Attached: 1555368714399.jpg (695x541, 214K)

Camelot are hacks, what's new?

Nobody bought Golden Sun.

It's just another Wii U port, how can it be rushed?

Imagine being this retarded

If they can’t even make a fucking Tennis game with more content than a mobile app what makes you think they could make a good Golden Sun?

>No Tennis gameboy RPG campaign
>No game modes
>A short ass campaign

Mario Tennis has been the worst Mario sports franchise for a decade now, Camelot are hacks.

Remember when Mario Tennis had love and effort put into it?

youtube.com/watch?v=ctpvor3o8jw

youtube.com/watch?v=AYBuy7i1uzQ

>we will never get another power tour
>we will never raid our doubles partner's panties again

Attached: cat distress.jpg (326x326, 16K)

But all the updates have been free so who gives a fuck. The games amazing now.

splatoon set the trend for just release it unfinished and add the rest of "free" updates
seems they thought that was the release it got such a good following so they tried ti with arms which fucked any chance that game had

I'm still convinced that Clay's route is canon since there are a fuckton more scenes for it
>panty raid
>longer scenes for doubles, Ace has a personality
>Singles has Ace crying because Clay is going alone, until Mario decides to be a bro and let all of Clay's friends come to watch him play
>the DEEP LORE with Alex from the GBC game

I miss Mario Gold. The 3DS one was good but I'd love a new console one.

>That ML Superstar Luigi sound clip.
I can't believe they reused soundclips from the 2000's.

>Instead of more game mods they add new characters to use in nothing because the game has no content and a fucking intro i can just watch on youtube.

Attached: A6321833-671D-4B18-817A-DAD3C85FD1BF.jpg (1024x531, 58K)

Why can't they just make a good game like Mario tennis GBC, it wouldn't even be hard.

EVERY Switch game is rushed. Every Switch game needed another year or so to fix up its mistakes before being released. Nintendo is TERRIBLE at managing its projects.

Smash Ultimate? Fantastic multiplayer, shit single player.
Mario Tennis Aces? Fantastic mechanics and gameplay, shit single player.
BotW? Fantastic physics and world, shit dungeons and things to do.
Odyssey? Fantastic controls, shit levels.

The list goes on. Nintendo gets to this 99% finished stage and then forgets the other 1% that would make the game amazing.

I liked playing the game couch co op with my friends. Didn't you?

You do have friends, right user?

The game even lacks an ending cutscene.

As if the 5 characters they added with arms made any difference.

When are we getting another Mario Golf?
And why were World Tour's best courses all N64 DLC ones?

Attached: Ella.png (598x1197, 412K)

mario tennis aces at launch was basically a beta. It sucks that it took this long to get the game in this state but adding characters/minigames as well as the obligatory waluigi/wario sports intro is finally making the game a worthy successor to Power Tennis

Co-Op was not the main focus of games in the past, it was their single player content.

The only rushed game there is Mario tennis. Just because you don't like the games don't mean they are rushed. And Smash single player was never good.

Remember when Mario Golf had all of these random OC's instead of actual Mario characters?

Attached: MG64USACharacterSelect.png (320x237, 37K)

>metal mario

What is nintendos obsession with this guy?

Someone did not played Melee and Brawl.

He's probably the easiest character in mario history to 'make'? Free roster padding

I started playing this last week, online multiplayer seems a bit dead. Takes way longer to get a random match going then it does for Smash or Splatoon 2

BotW was at its best when it was finding things like a fairy fountain or the horse resurrection place. A year or so more to put surprises like that in the world instead of just korok seeds/shrines would have been great.

He was only added in the International version, he's not in the original Japanese version.

But yeah, it still weird that they tried to shill him even back then, this game, Smash 64 , Dr. Mario 64, you name it.

Attached: MG64_JPNCharacterSelect.png (320x237, 39K)

So, why do they even sell online subscriptions if you're supposed to mainly play offline?

The 3DS was sort of like that too. Mario Kart 7 was rushed for holiday release and has, bar none, the worst single player and Time Trial modes ever, especially coming from DS (which can still be played on a 3DS) and Wii. Shit doesn't even have a VS mode, and is filled with reused asset characters like Wiggler (Maple Treeway) and Metal Mario.
Fun online though.

I considered getting that until I tried the demo, They should've added more control options, I should be able to use the analogue stick to move.

You could say that about any game, is my point. If they had one more year they could have put "this thing" in. When is enough, enough?

Cuz he's a cool mysterious villian.

Hmm I suppose you're right.

>caring about Smash singleplayer

I mean technically waluigi was also an OC in mario tennis 64

> Mario Kart 7 was rushed
> Despite Miyamoto being against rushing games
How could they get away with it?

Attached: f6e5ebd4be43a4951a8415cddf833591.png (2014x1195, 536K)

>we went from OCs like Waluigi and Toadette to Pink Gold Peach and fucking Baby Rosalina
What happened?

Attached: Rosalina.jpg (1600x752, 181K)

Just kill Mario Tennis and make more Mario Strikers games

Attached: super-mario-strikers-hd-wallpapers-33723-5110053.jpg (1920x1200, 615K)

Smash is rushed, but not because of the single player, but because of the spirits not having any descriptions and getting rid of trophies.

What a fucking hack.

Mario strikers was great, but I want more Mario Hoops. Sports mix was fun too, but it's a shame that they both dropped off immediately after

black mage was fucking fun

> Mario Hoops
That's a name I haven't heard in years

Attached: 1529807510941.gif (500x375, 377K)

Seething isaacfag. No he's never joining smash

You can use a pro controller you fucking idiot

They flat out said that the updates helped boost the sales. They even made an extra character as a result. That's why arms sold like hotcakes

No shit, but what's the point? I like the idea of using the joycons for punches, making it so that you need to also use them to move is retarded.

I mean at least Pauline is getting into the spinoff finally

>>youtube.com/watch?v=0TJF0elsgTw
OH OHHHHH OH OHHHHH

Attached: horse dance.gif (400x400, 65K)

Because that would be clunky as fuck

> Nintendo teams up with Square to make a Mario spin-off game
> Doesn't use characters from Mario RPG
They literally had the opportunity to bring Geno back, but they didn't do it.

Attached: 200px-Geno_SMRPG.gif (200x325, 23K)

Yeah why would they use iconic FF mascots and not a literally who from a single snes game?

Fuck off, having the motion controls do more than they need to is fucking clunky. Whatever, just means I'll never buy it or any sequels that they'll never make because it played like shit, meaning no one bought it.

It sold 3 millions. Lol seething

Fuck off retard, Geno has history with the Mario characters compared to the others

Oh I didn't know, still, doubt it'll get one.

dem tennis golf games for gbc and gba were maximum comfy damn i loved those games. they need to more sports with these light rpgs mechanics

2018 was the year of rushed games with wasted potential for Switch
>Kirby Star Allies is a step down from even Triple Deluxe, but the core gameplay with the new movesets is fun as fuck
>Super Mario Party has great mini games and the dance mode is shockingly fun (like Rhythm Heaven with motion controls), but F O U R fucking boards and that soulless “sleek” UI
>Smash Ultimate announces a new character on launch day that still isn’t out, guts previous modes, somehow worse at single player than Melee, but due to the roster and solid gameplay it’ll be the only smash that can stand up to Melee even without recency bias helping it

Attached: EBE127B3-882B-4EAA-BCC3-78483D8E42DF.jpg (726x960, 78K)

>Smash Ultimate announces a new character on launch day that still isn’t out
???

Joker was announced on the night of The Game Awards, which was the same day as the game’s launch

Japanese devs have had almost 15 years to adjust to making games with HD visuals, how does Nintendo still struggle to get games out

Is he smelling Wario's brap

Cope Grinchfag

One thing Camelot did right was their OC's for Mario. It gave the world a broader feel, like the world's human population weren't just princesses and plumbers. While it's never been proven, two of those characters, Plum and Azalea were supposedly the younger sisters of Peach and Daisy respectively. That's the kind of stuff I think is missing from Mario. Yeah, Tatanga and Wart are better by a mile but I think they'd have more trouble trying to bring those guys back than they would making human OC's.

>BING BING WAHOO WEEEEH WEEEEEEH BING BING

The Wii U was their first console that was on par with the PS4/360 and that was 2012, meanwhile Microsoft and Sony had 6 years of practice

This game had no business having such a good ost
>Masayoshi Soken composed it
youtu.be/egn9B37GwpM

Mario Tennis Aces definitely had a lot of rushing related problems. Camelot has made the game a lot better control wise with the separation of zone speed and zone shot, and separating charge cancel and special shot, along with making it so you can turn off double-tap X to trick. This cutscene is still kinda ass especially because of that god awful LUIGI they used there. Why the fuck would they not used the distressed call

This is now officially a white mage thread

Attached: WhiteMagesportsmix.png (1993x2744, 3.24M)

Best character in Chocobo Racing

Attached: MysidiaCR.jpg (800x600, 63K)

BASED