PC Gaming

Being a PC gamer used to come with a certain level of dignity, respect, and sophistication. Where did it all go wrong?

Attached: 1525390324340.jpg (930x774, 116K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Dy07b6hlUGg?t=380
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: 1552593284232.gif (350x409, 437K)

mmmmm yes UV lights emitting from my minecraft machine

I put black tape over the tiny power LEDs of my stuff because the lights are annoying, I have no idea how people stand these light shows.

When did it ever. I want dates.

RGB lighting is a fad the same way as gayming tier cases and meme industrial black cases

Same. I have electrical tape all over everything in my bedroom. Cable box, speaker bar, fan, anything with a standby light. Basically everything except the numbers on my alarm clock. LEDs are absolutely out of control, without even starting in on computers.

>no fun or customization allowed

Up until around the time they made PC idiot-proof. Windows XP, give or take. When they removed jumpers for hard disks and mother boards, and got rid of the requirement to configure IRQs and ports in the BIOS. As soon as they made PCs-for-retards, retards started using PCs and it stopped being a master race.

>let's put some fucking CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTS in our PCs

People who hate RGB are the same people who get fashion advice from men's magazines. They also use words like 'ecclectic' and 'quintessential'.

The lights make the computer go faster.

No. Nerds were never respected. PC is more respectable now because all the popular kids do it.

RGBs inside cases aren't even that much of a meme compared to the obnoxious purple and pink light strips people put behind their desks, or those autistically overpriced pentagon light panels

I fucking hate all this LED shit. It's everywhere, my GPU has an LED, my Motherboard has an LED, my mouse has an LED, my Keyboard has an LED, and only the Keyboard has an off switch.
Fuck off with that shit already, it's too fucking bright. The side of my case is glass, I have to cover the fucking thing up just so I can leave it on overnight and still sleep.

No, PC users were ALWAYS highly respected -- just not by kids. Adults were a completely different story. The respect of kids is worth dick. But adults always knew who the PC people were and had them on speed dial for when their shit broke. "Popularity" ... lol, wtf, is this high school?

>"Waaah I liked PC before it was cool"

when the fedoras invaded and started whining about us enjoying our LEDs
please tell me more about how dignified your computer box is

the majority of LED lights/colors are terrible for your eyes i don't understand this shit at all.

PC was never cool. It was respected. There's a different. High school jocks and preps are cool. But they're only respected by other high schoolers. People that actually matter want them to die and nothing of value would be lost.

>"Waaah I literally spend money on shit I hate just so I can whine about it"

Are you pretending to be an idiot? The LEDs on every single one of those things can be disabled via software

Are you that guy from the Fortnite thread who was talking about how anal just made him feel like he had to poop? I'm pretty sure that's you.

You're not people that actually matter

>the side of my case is glass
I picked out my case to NOT have that for this exact reason. Fucking awful finding parts that don't have LEDs in them these days.

>says the guy on Yea Forums defending high schoolers and LED light kits

I bought a coolermaster case online. Everything about it is perfect from the cable management to powersupply and drive storage. Except that the door is a big fucking window. Who gives a shit about looking inside a case?

Most of them have software to turn them on and off. LED fan kits have remotes sometimes to turn them off. It may take a little more hunting, but it's do-able with a glass side. The reason I say that is the glass side is fun for decorating with things other than LEDs. My computer has 1980's GI Joes battling on top of the PSU. The possibilities are endless.

sorry to disappoint, user
I actually love anal

PC > console > steam (and equivalents) > mobile

then desolder the leds you giant fucking ape

B-but he comes from 1995 when hard disks had jumpers and he had to configure IRQs and ports

Who gives a shit? I just want to play vidya, not care about street cred.

Pc gaming died after Vista.

White light strip behind the desk is nice. Otherwise my room is too dark.

Pic related
Intel halted hobbyist pc building tech growth for 13 years with quad core crap
Nvidia stunted midrange gaming gpu performance for a decade with terrible 8800 rebrands
Amd did the same with rebrandeon gcn cards since 7 series and still do
Panel tech stalled for decades while high refresh rate displays slowly crept back into the market after 3d failed. For the longer time every lcd panel was 900/1080p 60hz
Memory prices went nuts
Then crypto boom from 2017-2018
Now only just are pcs becoming affordable and accessible to people again are amd pulling themselves out of the shit with Zen navi Arcturus and new 7nm/ console hardware

Tldr
Basically hardware stalled for over a decade and desperate marketing companies saw flashy 00s custom case niche with leds and fans and decided to force it on the entire segment.
Only good thing I've seen come out of enthusiast space over the past decade is vastly better coolers

Attached: wideultrawidewojack-01.jpg (7994x3126, 1.45M)

It's also taking B*thesda record long to make an Elder Scrolls 6.

Make no mistake about it, that game when people start modding it sells a shit load of PC hardware.

I unironically hope it has proper vr support
Literally all devs need to do is mod decent vr support in gen 9 and its gonna be dope

From my observations there are more Sandy Bridge owners than Ivy Bridge and Haswell combined because SB came out during Skyrim.

This and This
Have sex

Seek help, psycho

Are you me? I do this so I can leave my pc on at night to download big games for you
Have kids and a loving family
Have leds

Bitter AMD drone: The Post

Please tell me. Who is above 15 years old and still playing PC in 2019? I hope noone. At some point you should be out of the RBG lighting, CSGO, LOL and PUBG kiddie games.

Funny you say that because I am 2700x rtx 2080 ti master race
Enjoy your space heater CPUs killing motherboard vrms

>Have kids and a loving family
How does any of this prove you have had sex? Instead of being a hipster go and take care of your wife's bull's son

Kys boomer chimps. RGB is dope

Attached: C1A684DC-4599-48A6-ABC6-B67969A07E90.jpg (3072x2304, 797K)

I have a zoomie friend online who plays all that crap
Siege isn't too bad but yeah I agree most games are absolutely poo these days.
I'm just waiting for decent vr headsets to drop so I can go back to a enjoyable niche side of vidya not this mainstream @@@ shit triple a sjw garage

>RGB lighting is a fad

a fad thats been around like 18 years now

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

You don't even have any fish in that aquarium.

This triggers the zoomer, nay it banishes him.

Attached: guts_new.jpg (2592x1944, 1.57M)

28 year old boomer here I liked leds back in the 00s when cases where perspex see-through but quickly grew out of it in my late teens

>buy new PC
>avoid RGB bullshit
>cheapest case has acrylic panel even though i don't give a shit about being able to see through
>motherboard comes with like 10 orange leds on it
>they are ON as long as it's connected to the plug
>disable them through bios, they turn themselves back on 2 days later.

FUCK THIS SHIT FAD. i have trouble sleeping if there are lights in my room.make a bundle of all your fucking gay leds and shove them up your butthole bcause RGB is shit.

>Incel
>NOVIDEO
Kys, shill. Nobody buys incel/NOVIDEO but shills

>poop colored vents

That's actually cfl but yeah same shit different tech I had one of those until the transformer blew

noctua is based

Huh weird I turned the leds off through software on my gpu and mobo
Stayed off
Vega 56 I had had a switch to turn the leds off as well near the power connector
Oh nice I'm getting pic related soon what am I in for?

Attached: 2018082011230996_m.png (460x460, 52K)

t.AMD pajeet CEO

I hate blue light fans from 2011.

>60hz monitors
wew lad

Amazing performance, RTX looks pretty cool in the few games that support it.
Oh and 4k is still kinda so-so.

>Having only a GeForce 208

Nah amd is dogshit for gpus atm.
Polaris is barely as fast as a 7970-290x literal 6-8 year old gpus just alot cheaper
I was looking at the Vega 7nm radeon 2 whatever the fuck it's called and it was slower than a 1080ti
Went with a 2080ti for 4k because amd just can't even for the last 5 years had Vega 56 it was shit went back to my 1080

>where did it all go wrong

linus tech tips

I only went with a 3440x1440 3.5k 100hz screen
I don't run retarded settings or give a shit about rtx atm it adds nothing to games I'll use it when dxr is a thing in amd gpus and devs bother to optimise

Isn’t the whole point of a PC that you can just not use this stuff if you don’t want to.

T. /g/
He's a gateway into hobbyist pc games
I still watch him sometimes
Not him but high refresh rate isn't worth it if your stuck at 2k/1080p shit looks like ass on 30"+ screens you need 4k 120-240hz which is barely a thing

>ultrawide

Patrician taste

So Yea Forums
>Update to a 1070
Or
>Build a new pc with a 2060

This.
Dumbass op and Co can't figure out how to download and install the led control software to turn it all off

Hm, seems to work on AMD pajeets too.

Didn’t you see the fucking product before you bought it? You should’ve known there was a window

I just can't pick a 4k screen to buy.

Got my first 29" last year for 100 bucks and love it the fov is just more natural
16:9 8:5 and 4:3/5:4 feels like aids now since I spent 3 decades stuck on that crap and 10 years with a 1920x1200x60hz samsung tn ghosting pos

20XX is not worth the money and 1070 is superseded by 1660 (which is also a joke since it's barely an improvement)

PC tuning has been a thing since decades. I've never liked leds but rgb is still an improvement over single color led fans.

Attached: 500544907.jpg (640x480, 63K)

it went when you started giving 2 fucks about what E-store you used.

remember in early '00 with pimp my car and all the neon faggotry? Almost 20 years after and we got the same thing, just applied shamessly to pc

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (582x450, 110K)

>1660
I am sure my currebt MB doesn't support it

Va if you don't wunna drop 1k+ on meme gamer shit that's outdated before it even comes out and don't mind 100hz
Wait for freesync 2 it won't crush color space on 4k 120-165hz+ like gsync 2 hdr shit

The 20 series sure is overpriced but the best you can get right now

>epic shill shilling for store exclusivity in every thread he can

The point of RGB is to change it to a particular color to match your stuff instead of a Las Vegas lightshow.

rent free

I'm looking exclusively at VA monitors, but there are very few that check all the boxes.
I want HDR600 or better and 32'' ideally, may go for 43''. Don't really mind 60 Hz.

How old is your fucking motherboard?
Yep.
Thank fuck car culture moved onto led lights and bars instead
Sadly on pc the only good use for led is oled/xled screens and they don't even really exist and won't for some time until burn in issues are fixed

based

>thinking the wife can be loving without dominating her with your cock

PC gaming used to be about horribly loud coolers

Just cut the cable dumbass

MSI Z170A

People still use CLCs.

i miss the old sound to be honest

RGB and gear with gayming design is pretty cool, honestly.
Battlestation is also an element of your room and it should look good.

Attached: bel air.jpg (420x432, 31K)

Who the fuck gives a toss? It adds nothing to the pc gaming experience except to divert my attention away from gaming especially at night it's annoying as fuck
Hdr is a actual meme it's too soon to bother with it.
Wait until xled/oled stuff comes out it's silly to expect ancient ips/va/tn panel tech to be able to do it even with local zone dimming it's so low res you get halos and is a stepping stone to oled anyway
You are legit retarded
>WHIRRRRRRRRRRRR
I sure as fuck don't

>not even 4 years old
please say you were just meming

Sometimes I use my CIEMs when I use my computer so I don't give a shit about the loud fan noise. I used to leave the fan on when I go to sleep for ambient noise before I got a column fan.

I thought he was gonna say it was some ancient x58 or 990 shit but even they would run a modern gpu fine

>not explicitly buying shit without LEDs, or with LEDs you can disable
Using tape is for monkeys.

Sorry

PCs were pretty silent until the Pentium 4 era.

Have you ever tried even opening a modern electronic? Screws are not things anymore.

Good
Now go buy a Vega 56 or 1660ti
Unless your going big go home anything beyond that isn't worth getting unless it's a 2080ti or used 1080ti

They don't even need active cooling back then. I'm pretty sure the GHz wars changed all that.

youtu.be/Dy07b6hlUGg?t=380

>dude just buy shit that doesn't exist
>I'm so clever

Nice maxi pad on that Nvidiot card.

My 90's PC had a fairly loud cooler but not THIS bad, the HDD too.
Or maybe I was just used to it and filtered it out.

I have one LED in my entire set-up, it's the Ethernet port, and that's just because I can't be bothered figuring out how to disable it.

Why are you this fucking stupid? Almost nothing I own has LEDs in it, and the few that do can be disabled in software.

What about the 1070?
It seems slight better than the 1660.
I am trying to look up for something that will last me longer

>Damage the product instead of doing the easy and safe solution, dumbass.

Wow. Double digit IQ points

>retard doesn't even realize he wasn't talking about only the PC

you got used to it. my mom complained about my noisy computer all the time

Console players and zoomers apparently.
I wish PC gaming would have died. I wouldn't play games anymore.

>going outside so little that even the light from your rgb pc becomes too bright to not reeeee about it on the internet

the Yea Forums experience

1070 is barely midrange a 1660 is faster and you won't miss that 2gb of vram
Yep power efficiency went out the window that day.
Hopefully with 3d stacking and chiplets thermals will become more sane.
Intel have been fucking that up since 2000 and pentium 4 dogshit and still are with 14nm++

Are you retarded?

This is what I did after over 25 years of builds. Cosmos 2 and Noctua with aftermarket top GPU. Fuck all these lights. I do have RGB keyboard mouse and mousepad though but mine only flashes red when I shoot shit.

>the all acrylic fad of the early 00's
The only difference between then and now was the community was smaller with more like-minded individuals (pathetic nerds) that could circle-jerk each other without stepping on toes.

>Being a PC gamer used to come with a certain level of dignity, respect, and sophistication.

Attached: gilgamesh.jpg (1280x720, 204K)

Is your PC supposed to smell kind of plasticy?

Not everyone damages the product brainlet. BTW dont cut cord disconnect it at solder point on board and reconnect on resale.

no. shit's on fire, yo
seriously, open your case and check that shit

If it's brand new, or the PSU is brand new. I think the wires smell a bit plasticy until the chemicals burn off.

see, this is actually well made
it's an aesthetically clean design
nice

>pc from 1999 was rendered useless in 2004
>pc from 2010 is still usable in 2019
Kind of shit we hit such a big plateau but also awesome you don't have to make a new build every two years.

yes

no, your PC is disintegrating

I sincerely dont understand bfrom the bottom of my heart the hate of this board to Minimalistic + rbg cases of today , I was there at the past and I really the direction case manufacturers have gone.
Sometimes I wonder if this board is full of contrarian zoomers

Attached: cases_rlt.png (2984x801, 2.68M)

When you fags kept dropping thousands of dollars on hardware only to play Dwarf Fortress and League of Legends at 144 fps in 40k.

excuse me but I only play 80's classics such as ultima and master system emulation

If you really really hate rgb just buy one of these...

Attached: nzxt-silent-h230-negra.jpg (800x800, 61K)

"I don't like leds!"
>then buys something without LEDs or strips them out
"I love leds!"
>buys things that have them or strips of them so that more things can have them
wow so hard, I swear you faggots live to do nothing but bitch fruitlessly

a lot of RGB is ugly as fuck. those strips look so tacky, but everyone has them now. why can't people appreciate the blackout build?

To be fair the AMD Wraith stock cooler has a stupid led ring around the fan that can't be disabled, and it always cycles color. At least it isn't bright.

Multiplayer went to shit

Attached: IMG_7736.png (1334x750, 442K)

why are consolefags angry about people discussing tech they can't afford?

Bring back office beige

Attached: delldimension.jpg (500x373, 29K)

you're like a little baby

Attached: a93cb3bf8045261c.webm (640x640, 2.91M)

I use solid blue lights to keep my computer temperatures chill

I have several questions

Attached: WUT.jpg (480x480, 14K)

imagine the noise

Noctuas are only marginally better than many other coolers, but indefinitely uglier.

It's been my dream for years to buy the latest hardware and cram it all in an old beige box.

Attached: 1551040192956.gif (388x600, 711K)

Distilled water with anti-corrosion additives.
As if bubbling water could sound irritating.

RGB can be useful if you program it to respond to system functions. I got mines set up to change to red when it's hot, blue when it's idle, and green when I get a Windows notification.

big bubbles are nice but those small ones probably sound like annoying hissing
t. sister has lots of aquariums

I understand lights in mouse in order to recognize profiles, but it's just stupid to have it in your case. If you see the light while you're playing, it's irritating. If you don't see it, it's worthless.

Attached: 1521937426987.gif (426x426, 3.35M)

>muh professional looking cases
>muh fractal
>muh lian li
>is some 300lb neckbeard larping as a l33t hacker
why are these faggots so insufferable? they're like audiophiles and mech keyboard fags

I use fractal cases because they are the few ones without underage aesthetics.

I don't give a fuck about looks. If it holds enough 3.5" drives and has decent enough airflow, it's fine in my book.

>and slowly see my parts getting choked to death
sleeper builds are terrible

>Being a PC gamer used to come with a certain level of dignity, respect, and sophistication.
Even I don't believe that.
And my contempt for consoles is ideological.

Ok someone with high iq tell me the fuck im looking at here

Attached: 1555350592616.gif (300x225, 1.75M)

Nice cringe comp

Thanks my computer is totally cringe fellow 4channler hail long car desu senpai

**Compilation

I didn't mind gen 7 it was the last gen to have local split screen.
Pre 2012 (gamer gate) there was alot of interesting games
I will say kinect and move along with wii u fucked gaming almost as bad as mobile shit

pc cooled with some low boiling point, electrically non-conducting secret sauce

Attached: db4412643c8cc4aa.webm (640x640, 801K)

When I try to go to sleep there are god damn flashing lights on my router and oh lights up the whole fucking room with each flash. Tape and sharpie fixed it.

Yes my computer cringe copulation is quite large fellow gamer and pc hobbyist enthusiast

Attached: pepetodd1105006.jpg (459x271, 67K)

Seek help have sex

Don't make me post my incel stats

They didnt mention either epic or steam??
Its probs a comment on how over the top the store war has been. Its close to console war bad.

>please stop complaining about horrible business practices
>buy and don't think, buy and don't think

You should use your brain when making a purchas. But you cant honestly say that E store argument was necessary. Like sure a thread but its plastered all over the internet like is actually a huge deal. reality is it will be another E store to add to the pile of launchers that lurk in my task bar.

Never really minded leds, but RGB is obnoxious as fuck. It really limits mobo choices and now AIO coolers are almost all RGB crap. But I am guilty for having over exposed lighting, I wanna put cold cathodes and el wire in my new build but the lack of rgb free products is frustrating.

>ignores the fact that what people are complaining about is their cancerous exclusivity deals and not just the shitty barebones launcher

Fuck now im crapping on about it. Its like a black hole just sucks you in

AIO is shit anyway. Custom loop or bust. Or stop being a fag and get a NH-D15/Dark Rock Pro 4

Not ignoring i just dont care about it would be the honest answer and not sure why its a big deal.

Apparently building machines with aesthetics that can only be described as "sexy" is becoming mainstream. I kick myself for not realizing this sooner.

If you don't care and are ignorant on some matter then you shouldn't pretend to know enough about it to tell if people are being wrong about it.

I didnt tell you what to do. I just think that you may be giving this debate more effort then it actually deserves.

Or maybe you don't know about it enough to tell if someone is putting too much or too little effort into it.