I'd like to know about Anno 1800 and how it shapes up against Anno 2070

I'd like to know about Anno 1800 and how it shapes up against Anno 2070.

I'll be playing it with a friend soon and we'd like to start bashing the shit out of each other pretty quickly in a ground war.

Attached: 7pwycvbo01q11.png (1024x576, 1.03M)

Direct upgrade over 2070 and 1404 but don't expect land combat, only naval one.

Attached: screenshot_2019-04-13-16-20-29.jpg (1280x1024, 604K)

Better than 1404 and 2070, but no land warfare (thank fuck).

Damn son. I had expected land combat.

Are there blimps?

>1800
>Blimps
You're not real bright are you.

Blimps are a late 19th thing at the earliest. It'd be a cool new way to have trade routes though. Sadly they'll never make a game in that era because the numbers have to add up to 9.

>1800
1852 first blimp invented.

Could be there.

In what fucking capacity you dense cunt?

Not now, maybe in future DLC's

Attached: Anno-1800-DLC-expansion-free-update-.png (1024x576, 863K)

Of those DLCs #3 is the only one that seems really appealing. #2 might be nice but there was already some great aesthetic items. #1 sounds like it'll be a real on rails questline, a glorified expedition. #3 is dope though.

I was expecting the Arctic and Orient given the map but maybe the orient/middle-east will be an expansion.

>Muh blimps
Make some fantasy/dieselpunk/steampunk AU with floating islands where blimps/zeppelin replace ships

I hate steampunkshit but I like airships and floating islands. I don't think Anno would do fantasy stuff but that'd be a fun idea.

Attached: 1269554567769.gif (730x413, 11K)

Dammit user, now I want a fantasy-themed anno with elven/dwarven/human factions. Steampunk would be cool too.

I want to make an arctic outpost

A blimp prototype or some shit? Geez louise user use your brain

I'm still hoping they do this.

Attached: Anno2070.jpg (1195x1005, 132K)

>Too early for military use
>Too early for commercial use
>Too early for logistical use
Fucking pointless.

I suppose next you'll tell us they should add cars and trucks as well.

1404's best western warships also seemed to be a bit ahead of their time to me.

But the underlying technology was not.

Arctic DLC sounds amazing. Hope it's less of a minmaxing clusterfuck like 2205's arctic region.
Also I'd like to have some scenarios, kinda disappointed the full release doesn't have any.

Damn you get an auschwitz prisoner avatar?
Based fucking germans, gonna have to get that season pass.

Attached: 1325968874372.png (192x187, 94K)

Why would you say you hate steampunk but enjoy 1800 (steampunk setting age) and airships?

I hope those are actual scenarios and not glorified cheats like Station and Thundra in 2205

Because steampunk execution is always inherently cringey shit even if it contains some great design elements and concepts.

>inherently cringey
>I do not have eloquence to discuss my point, or will to hide my personal problems so I will say "cringe"
Are you a common guest in Sunny Cyberpunk threads?

>The Anno 1800 Season Pass is now available for digital purchase and is priced at 24,99$/€.

This better be meaty

Endless Legend user here, would you guys compare Anno with Civ/endless?
I've totally missed out on this lineup of games and I'm a bit curious.

Attached: birb.jpg (634x522, 69K)

>completely desinterested thanks to the Epic fuckery
>my face when arctic DLC
My mind is telling me no...

Attached: 1554829350719.png (272x204, 22K)

Fuck off cunt, Steampunks execution is the very definition of cringey.

Attached: LOLGEARSANDCOGS.jpg (1893x827, 294K)

When it will be all out? End of year?

>ebin fuckery
get it from uplay dummy

Who gives a shit just get it on Uplay. You have to download and install uplay for the Steam and Epic Store versions anyway.

You can't compare Anno to turn based 4x.

Just says throughout 2019

www.anno-union.com/en/a-glimpse-of-the-future/

>bring multi session back
>make dlc pack that adds one (1) new place to it
what a waste

I give a shit. I don't want to support shitty business practices by handing moneyto those companies, but the game sounds sweet so far.

Any chance it will return to Steam?

>not 4x
I see, would it be closer to something like 'Banished' or 'Sins of a Solar Empire' in that case?
Have a few hundred hours in those and would enjoy a new take on these kinds of conquerer-esque games

Attached: 1544097703576.gif (220x240, 459K)

>He wants to be multi tasking between more than 3 maps.
Fuck off.

pirate it fag, epic paid anyway

yeah it's closer to those but you also have to manage production chains.

In a year.

Defining genre on the base of people doing it wrong is the essence of ignorance.

1800 is based in actual industrialism and steam power, steampunk is taking that to fantastical excesses with horrible aesthetics. This is like saying "Why would you say you hate cyberpunk but enjoy the internet"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: 1year.png (381x238, 7K)

Nice ass pull faggot, but if 99% of the examples of a given genre are cringey, the genre is cringey.

And Steampunk is a special kind of cringey.

yes i do because its fun to juggle the needs the more than 3 different civs each with their own chains and intertwining needs. it was one the few things 2205 did right and since 1800 brought back the good micro and trade networking back it will actually be fun this time.

>Australian internet

Man I love the new workforce addition. They both made demands slightly lower (3 production farms feed an entire island of people), but now you gotta balance your people instead of being artifically limited in how many houses you can upgrade. I just hit the artisan stage and I'm running out of room to build new farmers, so I can upgrade them to workers, so I can upgrade those to artisans. Can't really put their production facilities on another island either, since I need artisan workforce.
Finally some complexity and depth to my Anno. I'm going to need to think how to plan this shit.

Take your fedoras with glued-on cogs and shove them up your ass.

I dunno.
I found anons playing Street Fighter calling Guilty Gear "cringe anime game".
It's like trying to get details about suspect from rape victims, all emotion and no form.

Warning, inefficient trading route.

Where did Queen Victoria touch you?

Sounds more like you're having an emotional response to someone shitting on your fucking embarrassing weeb tastes.

The internal trade route mechanics make this game literally unplayable. Why can't I fucking reserve some goods on my island? Why do you have to take literally all the beer? Fucking cancerous micro-managing busywork.

its already downloaded (preloaded a week ago), this is unpacking - steam is fucking up

you can choose how much of a good to pick up/drop off and if you're talking about selling you can set each good to stock to a certain limit where only the amount over the limit is able to be sold.

>you can choose how much of a good to pick up/drop off
And my ships will continue to do that until they have cleared out the island. Now what?

Traditionally, you produce stuff on an island for people elsewhere to consume, so it doesn't matter if stocks empty there.

No, in older Anno games you could reserve the amount of goods on an island.

He's right that it's definitely a function that should be added. It's a very simple thing which improves QoL by so much. It's strange they don't have the option yet.