What would you consider a good "kill/death ratio" for a player to have in a multiplayer first person shooter?

What would you consider a good "kill/death ratio" for a player to have in a multiplayer first person shooter?

Attached: unnamed.png (512x250, 12K)

I think it depends on the game, but generally 2.0+ is good

anything higher than 1/1
any game where your k/d can get higher than 2/1 isn't worth mentioning because it's either not competitive or you're constantly matched with children and NPCs

above 1
there's some exceptions to this, for example in overwatch, mercy players won't have 1 kd ratio

depends on the game, mode and how many potential hazards there are.
Getting an insane K/D in an attack helicopter on conquest in a Battlefield game is more likely than if you just play just infantry.

in stuff like csgo i guess 1.5/2 is ok.
in a br, anything under 5 and you're a piece of shit.

in rainbow 6 if average KD in ranked is higher than 2 - you are a God

>br
what?

1/1 is acceptable
2 is good

it stands for 'battle royale' grandpa, it's all the rage with the youngsters nowadays

oh for fucks sake
what do you mean with 5?
isn't the game over if you die?

Any KDR is good when your W/L is at 2

High TTK game 5.0
Low TTK game 0.5

it is, but the lobbies are with a hundred people and full of cazuls who are literally worse than bots. if your aim is correct and you understood how a br works 5kd is really basic

1/1 means you traded, which is optimal.

Depends on game mode. If it's an objective-based mode/game it doesn't mean nothing because Objective>K/D

This, K/D means shit if your losing most of your games.

Except the part about being alive to prevent the enemy from taking the objective.

i'm constantly top scoring on tf2 but i always have almost as many deaths if not more than kills
i can't tell if my kamikaze playstyle is actually helpful or not

Depends on the game and modes. Arena style TDM? 3.0 or higher. Round based objective game like CS or Siege? Anything higher than 1.0

Except the part about having a 7 k/d and taking the backseat doesn't help your team from taking the objective. Ergo. k/d doesn't mean jack shit in objective-based games.

this
I have a high k/d in Titanfall 2 but a negative k/d in RS2 since I'm more busy taking/defending objectives and finding safe spots to let my squadmates spawn on me.
It really depends on the game.

>playing BR games

Attached: NR2N96N.jpg (259x366, 11K)

2.5, 1 just means you're trading constantly and probably aren't even alive long enough to enjoy the game, 1.5 is okay is but you're inconsistent, at 2 you're a good team player but can bottle it in a clutch situation, 2.5 means you're getting into the games mechanics and can hold your own in clutch and are usually a boon to the team.

This, depends on the game

in planetside 2 good players had 6 - 10 KDAs

getting a kill every round in CS is a huge deal

To never die. That's the golden standard. If you die, you lose.

I only play pubs and i get about 5 kills per

this

Attached: 1546277039042.gif (246x208, 747K)

But if you're any good at looter shooters your K/D ratio should be "undefined".

I have a question for statisticsfags. Can a high K/D only be achieved with a low K/D emerging elsewhere? In other words, say a game has a population of 10,000 players. If the average K/D is 2, does that mean that there MUST BE a minority of players that have dumpster K/Ds like .4 or .7?

how can you maintain anything higher than 1 in a game with sbmm?