Boss's HP scales with your damage output

>boss's HP scales with your damage output

Attached: stare.png (141x58, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Values_and_Enemy_Health#Bosses_and_Minibosses
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>it is much better to go into the boss with a shit weapon than a good one because it'll take minutes longer with a good weapon

>boss health scales with your main weapon
>spells don't cause boss health to scale
>best course of action is to run into the boss with a shit weapon and pump all your spells into them

>most basses do a variety of attacks
>you can dodge most of them with a little practice and looking for tells
>one boss has one attack of firing random shots in all directions
>then he starts doing it faster
trying to make radiant feels like 99% luck

Attached: latest.png (338x352, 91K)

>boss never aims directly at you, but shoots to the sides of you so you'll roll into the blasts if you dodge

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

>enemies lead their shots based on your current movement.

Attached: 48658568.jpg (750x673, 65K)

>enemies read your inputs
>they can cancel their own animations, but you can't

None of this better be true of Hollow Knight.

You better believe it famlam

Attached: 1537549985088.png (1280x1229, 417K)

hollowknight.fandom.com/wiki/Damage_Values_and_Enemy_Health#Bosses_and_Minibosses

>enemies can see you through foliage thats too dense for the player to see through

Attached: 1551363659175.png (808x805, 446K)

I can't git gud enough to beat nightmare king lads
Literally the only move i'm having trouble with is the fucking uppercut cause for the life of me I can't gauge where the fuck those things are going to land

>Game's bosses suddenly do twice as much damage for artificial difficulty

I love hollow knight but Grimm and Radiance were downright retarded with 2 damage a hit when the entire game save for a few certain boss attacks would only do 1 damage

just dont get hit retard

Just stand next to him when he uppercuts and they'll miss you

Pretty much everything in the game can be facetanked so having the two big boy bosses do more damage to prevent that strat was more or less necessary.

Does this shit happen in hollow knight? That's fucking stupid

it does, but unlike what OP is implying, you'll still need less overall hits on a boss if you upgrade your weapon.

say you needed to hit a boss 20 times to kill him with the shittiest nail, now you upgrade your nail to the fullest, boss health scales and it's higher now, but you only need to hit him about 12 times to kill him with the fullest nail, so better nail still means you need less hits to kill the boss.

oh i guess that makes sense. You still want the bosses to pose some sort of challenge but if the best nail does like, 3 times the damage of the worst nail then the bosses will die like nothing so you gotta scale their HP up so they still put up a fight

fucking Tarkov

Attached: 1555403570678.webm (720x404, 2.27M)

So how the fuck do the bosses have set numbers for health here:
when they scale with the upgrades ?

I had developed a strategy that works 99% of the times against that move, you'll need dashmaster, sprintmaster and sharp soul for this. First off you have to stay either to the absolute right or left of the arena to manipulate which direction he'll attack from, then after he appears and he's about to attack you simply have to shadow dash through him then keep spamming the dodge till you're to the other side of the arena, at that point you should be safe but if you wanna extra sure just jump, then prepare for the next attack.

I don't know about that chart desu, but some bosses (not all) definitely do have higher health the higher your nail upgrade is, it's just that the scaling isn't linear, so upgrading your nail is still essential and definitely makes the fights easier, otherwise, what's the point?

are you blind or something son, some scale (all dream warriors and some others), some don't

Many of them have non-scaling health, but the ones that do are shown with multiple health values separated by slashes. For example, Grimm is shown as having "800 / 800 / 800 / 930 / 1000" health, because with the old nail, sharpened nail and channeled nail he has 800 health, but once you upgrade to coiled nail his health increases to 930 and when you upgrade to a pure nail his health increases to 1000.

Alright, I can see that

How the fuck am I supposed to know it means that when they dont write it next to it, I thought they appear several times with different HP

Well unless you've never faced a dream warrior you should be aware they're a one time deal.

Attached: 1531796100033.png (494x687, 297K)

It takes a lot of patience, but you can just wait for the breaks where he doesn't shoot if you want to be 100% secure

You could remove literally every single dream warrior and nobody would mind.

Hi

Attached: Boss_Hush.png (185x138, 2K)

It looks like the scale depending on what order you do them in no?

No.

Use the sharp shadow to dodge and damage at the same time for that
I'm also having trouble, but at the pufferfish part, I can't jump properly, the jumping is a little bit too floating for my taste for such tight platforming, but it's clearly not impossible. we just need to get good user, good luck

>tanks tears, bombs, knives and lasers for days
>destroyed by boogers

Were they kickstarter things?

>you could be crying literal nukes and it wouldn't even matter
sasuga steakmund

HK's bosses don't actually scale with spell power tho, so you can just go full magic build w/ Shaman Stone and wreck everything with Abyss Shriek

>Have one of the most advanced defense systems in the animal kingdom
>Be one of the smartest animals on the planet aside from humans
>Still get beaten by some faggot that buried himself in dirt
Octopii deserve better

Yeah I think they're all OCs, that still doesn't excuse how absolutely garbage the fights are though.

Well it's not like humans are any different, you could have the best gun, the best protection and the best vehicle, but a sneak attack from a hungry predator will get you killed all the same.

>Enemy bullets can leave the barrel at 90% angles, effectively shooting around corners.

name 3 games

>boss starts jumping around
Half the time i got hit in hollow knight was because of this. Still i know it's a necessity due to the nature of the game

>pogoing is punished
>shadow dodging everything isn't
ebin

i want to fuck grimm

This boss is fine. Delirium and the Matriarch aren't.

>Matriarch
jesus fuck why did you have to remind me

What's so bad about them?

She keeps covering the entire screen with fast moving summons on top of limiting your movements and shooting boomerang projectiles AND explodes into even more summons when she's close to death

The worst part is that the boomerang projectiles block your attacks.

>have to waste literally 40 minutes on trivial shit every time you want to attempt the final boss
>said boss is full of RNG bullshit

Yeah there's that too.

Does it happen with common enemies in HK too? No wonder they feel tedious as fuck if that's the case. Bosses are fair game I guess, but killing the same trash mobs isn't any fun, Metroid would have you one-shotting things in areas you commonly had to pass through and leave the tougher ones to deeper areas. My only problem with HK.

Shadow dodging is punished by boses having attacks come faster than it recharges. Pogo has no cooldown and shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. Please don't pretend you should be able to completely ignore boss mechanics because you've learned the timing on down+attack.

fuck you Octopath was great

>Does it happen with common enemies in HK too?
It doesn't. You can indeed oneshot most enemies once you have a few upgrades. Literally the only things that scale are optional dream warrior minibosses and a few optional DLC bosses.

No, normal enemies don't scale, which is part of the reason Kingdom Edge is such a fucking nightmare if you have a crappy nail.

>waste 50 minutes on boring boss rush
>die to choking on Xero into Zote/Pure Vessel/NKG/Absolute Radiance
Wow, guys, Godhome was so much fucking fun. Thanks for making me forget this game even had exploration. I hate Godhome and myself or being autistic enough to do it. Godhome made me understand just how passable and simply okay Hollow Knight combat is.

>dying to NKG
>dying to Markoth&Zote
No excuses, shitter.

>Dead Cells 1.0
>enemies' attack/health scale with your own stat boosts
>stat boosts have diminishing returns
>you can get to the point any further stat boost is actually a hindrance
what were they thinking

I'll give you Zote, PV and AR, but Xero and NKG, seriously bro?

Fuck off, fag. I did it in the end but Markoth straight into Zote was bullshit, an RNG fest to warm you up for AR.

I meant to qoute this guy.. I meant Markoth, I got confused with names. It's been a while.

true

fucking brainlet

Attached: 20190416_141035.jpg (720x871, 158K)

Should I bother fighting the Dream Warrior bosses?

It's the fastest and practically only way to amass enough essence to unlock the true ending.

This game doesn't have enough cute bugs.

Attached: 1553443401301m.jpg (916x1024, 74K)

It's a videogame, play if you want, don't play if you don't. If boss fights are a bother to you, pick a different game maybe?

You'll never get anywhere close to the sheer perfection of Hornet so why bother in the first place?

>Grimm fight is a faux battle lore-wise
>you die for real if you lose
>NKG fight is to the death
>you can't in fact die
really maketh thee thinketh

boss health scales with your weapon but not at the same rate, you still kill the bosses quicker with a better weapon if disregarding spells, just not that much quicker than you should.

see

>final boss is behind a 40+ unit boss rush

Nightmare King Grim

great boss, would let him ravage my anus again 10/10

Luckily i found that OP shadow dash only after defeating the final boss

Just got to the Queen's Gardens
wtf I thought Mantises were bros

>shadowdodging everything isnt punished
until you shadowdodge that one shitty attack and get hit with an attack that requires shadowdodge to actually dodge, before it comes back up again.

They're all dogshit, but just Abyssal Shriek them and be done with it
Especially No Eyes

Fuck you bitch, I;m not playing your shitty platformer. I'm waiting right down here at the bottom

What exactly is the function of that design?

>damage output scales
>health scales to compensate
so I can rub my dick to slightly bigger numbers? Why not just bypass the RPG shit at that point?

Buff to spells basically.

It's to prevent you from killing the bosses in two hits, it's not rocket science bro.

The bosses in question can be encountered at wildly different times in your progression
Also, there are no numbers

>What exactly is the function of that design?
as I already stated in my post, you still kill the bosses faster with a better weapon, also enemies outside bossfights dont scale with your weapon so shit you used to kill in 3 hits die in 1 hit later on. its just so bosses dont become trivial if you get the full weapon upgrade before them.

little example:

level 1 weapon = 5 damage
700/5 = 140 hits

level 2 weapon = 9 damage
750/9 = 84 hits

level 3 weapon = 13 damage
800/13 = 61 hits

level 4 weapon = 17 damage
850/17 = 50 hits

level 5 weapon = 21 damage
900/21 = 43 hits

values are taken for one specific boss and scalings are different for each boss.

>you can only deal a certain amount of damage to a boss per hit no matter how high your stats are

Attached: 1535098164173.png (1280x914, 279K)

But they're lame and dont really do anything for the game. Skipping wouldn't hinder your HK experience in the slightest. They're just lame characters made by fans.

They're mantises who succumbed to the disease as opposed to the other mantises

What were they thinking. They could of you know just gave a boss rush mode without having a the final boss at the end of it. Beating every boss back to back is a bit tedious just to get to the final boss. Couldn't they have just made a hard as fuck boss for the last patch without doing the rush mode?

If you want a lot of essence fast, then yes

>They could of
who came up with this monstrosity and do people actually believe its correct or am I just missing a meme?

Octopi are very overrated. Marine predators depend less on vision and more on advanced techniques like echolocation and electroreception.

just practice the fights outside of the trial?

what do you mean? normal enemies dont scale and even the toughest ones die in 3 hits while you one shot most of everything else later on.

>dont really do anything for the game
They are extra content.
>Skipping wouldn't hinder your HK experience in the slightest
Except for the locking you out of Godhome part.
>They're just lame characters made by fans
Xero, Galien, Markoth and God Tamer fit perfectly well into the world.

>just practice the fights outside of the trial?
And? I can do anything but AR reliably, does't make it any less of a 40 minute long chore. And AR is never a 100% guarantee, even with practice.

dont practice until you succeed, practice until you never fail.