ITT: Games you can genuinely cannot understand the near-universal acclaim for

ITT: Games you can genuinely cannot understand the near-universal acclaim for

Attached: Mass Effect 2.png (436x570, 705K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uhkEKVQizMw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It had a lot of money behind its marketing, it's visually good looking, and was a safe bet to score well because ME1 had so many fanboys who'd rage if ME2 was shot down by critics. ME2 is inoffensive and even has a couple of good characters.

For a massively marketed game to be panned it has to have something egregiously wrong with it.

> importing character and decisions from previous game
> building a crew of different scifi cliches
> space milf judge dredd, assassin, jaded sniper, perfect cloned bruiser, specops field scientist, AI synthoid, etc
> put together for suicide mission
> no clue on how to successfully pull of said mission
> fly by the seat of your pants, more than likely lose a crew member on your first playthrough
> good voice acting that fits the characters
> improved on first game's combat, graphics, gameplay. rpg system did suffer, but rest of game is so much fun + pc mods fix any nitpicks

it really was just a great experience.

Can't believe Titanfall 3 died for this garbage

Attached: apex-legends.jpg (1116x628, 207K)

Attached: 1466010009452.png (1106x479, 657K)

blonde>brown

It's fun, it looks nice and has interesting character without being bogged down with too many mandatory cutscenes or gimmicky gameplay segments

one of those games that's great at themes but also at telling a great story, very much like knights of the old republic 1

It didn't just die....

BOTW is literally Half-Life 2 of this generation, groundbreaking at release, some will remember it as a tech demo for future superior games while the masses still circlejerk it as a masterpiece

Every 3D Zelda game

2 is a really awful middle chapter for a trilogy, but who cares i guess.

The acclaim for Apex Legends is understandable since it's a part of perhaps one of the worst genres of video games to ever exist. The fact that it has competent shooting mechanics, slightly enjoyable mobility mechanics and a TTK that isn't instant puts it far above the competition.

However, it's a shit game because it's a part of a shit genre designed to waste time.

still SEETHING

Attached: 1459263763356.jpg (500x420, 29K)

IT WAS MURDERED

Seething Snoygger

It wasn't bad really, but playing it made me wonder if I'm even playing the same game as people praising it.

Attached: 23531.jpg (590x336, 43K)

I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite game in the trilogy.

Attached: Shepard.jpg (1710x900, 352K)

literally outward that got shit on for being generic

youtube.com/watch?v=uhkEKVQizMw

Idk, I couldn't beat it because I got bored but I thought the prison ship idea was so interesting.

Seemed like a morally complex problem.

Love DOS:2

But I can't play it, feel like I've done damage to my brain playing act:one 20 times.

My OCD to perfect everything + starting co-op with friends but then they stop playing after act 1....

PHYSICAL OR MAGICAL RESPEC

ETC

Prob will come back, but need to take a break for a long time.

>on transmission call with Samara before final mission in 3
>no way to paragon interrupt her fatalistic blabbering if you’ve tried to romance her through 2/3 to say
>Samara. I love you. much to her shock and contentment
I’ll never not be mad

I was a ME2 fag but now that I’m replaying the first game I have to admit it is superior. Only exception is the god awful inventory and loot system and some rehashing of environments. Once I play ME2 again I’ll be able to compare the two. I’ve never played 3 either so I’m looking forward to that (it can’t be that bad).

But you also said this about 1 ;_;

Damn that Femshep has greasy hair, reminds me of that one poster on the Bioware forums who used a mod to make the hair look even greasier. I think they even had their own fanclub with banners you put in your profile and everything.

Who else forgets that Kasumi exists?

Attached: overratedtale.jpg (460x215, 8K)

dragon age origins
it's ok, thats it. Nothing stands out from it, from the aesthetics or gameplay to the story and characters, it just screams of uninspired fantasy

I skipped 2 because I could never rent it but when I got my hands in 3 I didnt even feel like I missed anything

You missed the best game even if the main storyline is entirely irrelevant

literally a bad FPS with bad controls, 10/10 best in the series

Attached: prime.jpg (220x305, 27K)

>shepard dies to t hor before the opening credits, but he has already destroyed the stones. The rest of the movie centers around using the Quantum Universe to retrieve the stones from the past timeline.
Natasha and Clint go to retrieve the soul stone, with Clint sacrificing Natasha to access it.
>Stark builds a gauntlet to wield the retrieved infinity stones to reverse the snap.
Banner has become Hulk permanently, but retains his intelligence and memories as Professor Hulk.
Captain America fights Captain America in the Quantum Universe
Captain America in the other universe wields the Mjolnir and shield, but Thor still has the Stormbreaker
Other universe Captain America wears the old comic suit

Always been a huge DMC fan but 5 sucked ass.

Attached: Dmc.jpg (1920x1080, 869K)

>playing a "game" where you can get exactly the same experience by watching the fucking thing on youtube

The Persona series.

It’s a glorified VN with shallow gameplay. Would people even like it without the dating sim elements?

Surviv.io is the only good BR game. It get rids of all the retarded fluff these other games have.

Femshep looks like she's had the shit beaten out of her in the thumbnail.

Sad 'humour'.... if you can even call it that

Worst game I've ever played, by far.

Attached: UnfunnyAids.png (635x483, 6K)

It sucks so bad in comparison to 1 its not even funny

sucks less than 2 though

Attached: boring.jpg (220x311, 27K)

What didn't you like about it? The world seems a bit disjointed and progression is a bit odd but the combat's solid. I dropped it after the difficulty spike on Act 3, couldn't even be bothered with it anymore.

Yea Forums is full of faggots with shit taste

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x3736, 950K)