HIRE

HIRE
youtube.com/watch?v=JHFxBpT-r7s

Attached: SEGA.png (1887x1027, 1.09M)

Sega unironically already did this for 2D Sonic

he looks like she fucks black guys

what

Looks pretty good, props to the guy for releasing it. hopefully some aspiring fan game devs will pick it up and make the best Sonic game we've had in a while.

Attached: 1551262778171.gif (374x254, 1.75M)

>boostshit

Why don't people like making distinctions between Shadow and Sonic? I liked the Chaos blast and those 3 little hits he did after a homing attack in '06.
And Sonic can have his bewst.

UUUUH NINTENDO?

that actually looks pretty solid, not gonna lie.

Why are Sonic fans always better at making Sonic games than Sega themselves?

Attached: sonic and the meaning of war.jpg (244x207, 14K)

These niggers never bother with drift controls.

The balloon footage made me realize that the best way to balance the homing attack is to just get rid of the bounce Sonic does after killing every enemy. That shit kills the flow of the game, makes combat boring, chains unsatisfying and enemy threats pointless. You can go even further by making the homing attack a piercing attack where you have to time when you home in to get the angle you want. You want to go higher? Hit them from below. Want to hit the ground running? Hit them while you're high up. Some adjustments and you can probably make chaining enemies satisfying like the Merc's dash ability in Risk of Rain 2.

Attached: Rated E For Everyone.jpg (538x505, 78K)

>non-japanese engine
>shoehorns japanese text anyway because he's a fucking weeb

Attached: 1511579889034.jpg (640x640, 73K)

that was literally a thing since I think Unleashed. There were balloons that would do exactly that when you homing attacked them and everyone thought that was perfect but then SEGA didn't listen to them and removed it.

>3d
Dropped

>sonic fan game
>it's just a sandbox and nothing else
>"Sonic has to go fast and it HAS to be open world for that to work" for real I hate how many sonic fans and fan game makers think this
>Sonic Fans: SEGA HOLY SHIT THIS IS HOW YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

I remember the Unleashed balloons, but that still gave you a hop. Still, it was a hundred times more satisfying than the badnik method.

this. fuck sonic fan games

the mechanics look quite decent tbqh and the gameplay doesn't look ugly

WOW A MODERN TITLE THAT KINDA LOOKS FAST

WHY THE FUCK DON'T DEVELOPERS MAKE THIS SPEED IN RACING GAMES AND ANYTHING THAT COULD BE FAST

NINTEN- I MEAN SEGA! HIRE THIS GUY!

shaders and lighting don't make a good game user
Sonic, as a concept, is flawed.
A character who goes extremely fast will always be hard to control. People who struggle to control it may end up blaming the game, which is where you get the "poor controls" arguments coming from. If you try to remedy this by making the levels super simple, and by hugely simplifying and limiting the player's control on sonic, you end up with the boost formula, which many people don't like, because it's just a racetrack with quicktime events. Almost mobile game tier simplicity. People often claim how 2D sonic is superior, and this is mainly attributed to the fact that a character that is difficult to control is easier to control in 2D than in 3D. If you ask me, my favourite Sonic games are SA1, SA2, Heroes and Shadow. I accept the controls are hard to manage and it takes some practise to get a handle on it, but these games allow the most player freedom and most enjoyable gameplay.

TL;DR: Sega will never make a good sonic game and adding lighting won't fix it