Finally watch a playthrough of Nier Automota on youtube

>finally watch a playthrough of Nier Automota on youtube
>it's pretty good

This thing was a pretty good watch. How come so few people recommend it these days?

Attached: nier automota boxart.jpg (957x1200, 248K)

You have to play the game to understand how absolutely draining the gameplay is.
Melee combat and traversal made me want to pour acid into my eyes.

>Watching Nier
kill yourself.
>how come so few people recommend it these days?
because you touch yourself at night, and apparently ignore the thousands of GOTYAY marks.

Go jump into volcano. The gameplay is great, and atmosphere superb.

The hype died down and Automata isn't nearly as memorable as Gestalt or Drakengard for that matter
I do hope we see another title in this setting but I'd prefer less robots and more fleshy humans to fight instead
The PC port is also kind of fucked so that may have speeded its decay along

Attached: 1515341423598.jpg (680x453, 37K)

>Only one of my friends to play this for the longest time
>Want to talk about it but they say no spoilers
>Other friend picks it up months later
>Beats it
>Ask him how he felt about the ending
>"I hated that mini-game so I just watched it on youtube"
>Friend doesn't understand why I'm so pissed
>My face

I'm still mad

Attached: 1488260568963.png (220x270, 121K)

>watch a playthrough
gr7 b7, m7

>The gameplay is great
It's fucking abysmal, it's literally generic Platinum combat that we've all played before but with less than half the complexity and satisfaction. Shit is deep as a puddle.
>and atmosphere superb
The world is honestly some of the most generic uninspired shit I have witnessed in years.
Shitty overgrown city ruins next to a shitty desert that is just more city ruins. Holy fuck the world made me want to sleep. apart from the Amusement park, this game's world design literally on par with Sonic 06 in terms of aesthetic.

Attached: 1549527384426.jpg (429x410, 67K)

what the fuck is wrong with you"?
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1554055296550.jpg (960x960, 108K)

automata is absolute shit and you should feel bad for liking it

Why the fuck can't they fix the god damned pc version? It's already had a second release...

I tried to play it but dropped it during the prologue. The game is seriously lacking some quality of life mechanics and overall it wasn't very fun. It was a lot more enjoyable to watch than to play.

>It's fucking abysmal
Zoomers don't even know what that word means.

No. Fuck off.

The story is great, but the gameplay is shit. Unfortunately this is a running theme in literally every Yoko Taro game.

If you want the full "experience" then you need to slog through the same game a few times. It's honestly not worth it, and it's absolutely fucking broken on PC because of an unpatched issue with the graphics and resolution.

>it's absolutely fucking broken on PC
What's broken about it? Is it better off to go for the PS4 version?

High resolutions are fucked and FPS drops to single digits are frequent, but it never received an official patch on PC. Automata was literally unplayable until the fan patch for a lot of people.

The PS4 version is the most stable, but again, the gameplay isn't great.

It's nothing special if you have played platinum games before

That last friend sounds reasonable. In the end games are meant to be fun. Many parts of the game are simply frustrating, so it makes sense you'd want to skip them.

t. shit taste

>it's absolutely fucking broken on PC
That stupid meme needs to die.
I know tons of people who've beaten the game just fine without any patches or mods.
Just because it does not tick every single wannabe-mustard demands does not make it "unplayable". It's even more so idiotic to whine about something you may fix in a FEW SECONDS by unpacking a single Zip file into the install folder.

Ignore that homo.
I've put over 100 hours to Automata on two different PCs, and it works just fine. The FAR Mod is very recommended for its performance and visual boosts, but not essential to the bone.
PS4 version is the base version, obviously.

>In the end games are meant to be fun
I absolutely despise your kind of morons, who love to triviliaze all things gaming into one vague, shallow definition of "Fun".
There's been HUNDREDS of books, films and games that are not exactly "haha so much fun!", but still were extremely engaging, moving and memorable in tons of other ways.

Kids these days are just entitled little ADHD morons, unwilling to challenge and improve themselves.

says a true zoomer shit-eater.

People only bought the game for 2B, prove me wrong.

What's wrong with the PC version?

I didn't. That was easy.

>Watching people play games
The melee combat was fluid and fun, it's basically Bayonetta with balerinas. Do you just suck at action games?