Ace Attorney Thread

What went so RIGTH OH MY FUCKING GOD, BEST GAME IN THE SERIES?!?!

Attached: Box_Art_Gyakuten_Kenji_2.jpg (730x659, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rz4ziiQoErw
youtube.com/watch?v=ziDfl6w8_QU
youtu.be/-2wRckkYdM0
youtube.com/watch?v=suqHq3xL0rs
youtu.be/U-Af99DOLZg
youtube.com/watch?v=NHlKKca5Lho
youtube.com/watch?v=k5wHKdX5NSM
youtube.com/watch?v=l9sCcZTI9Vc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>your mentor is the bad guy
>AGAIN
shitty twist but good game otherwise, ray's final boss theme was great

>Not even a single bad case
>Logic chess best gimmick in any game
>OST is not mostly forgettable like in the first one
>Newcomer characters were all god tier with his own long development
>They connect the entire AA universe in a single storyline
>Edgeworth is the fucking best

Also, bump

Which case?

so cringe with this npc tier opinion

Which game is the best in your opinion?

Professor Layton VS Ace Attorney

>Edgeworth having his third career crisis in the series
>Lotta Big Berry Circus Larry and all the annoying faggots nobody liked from the worst cases are back for filler cameos
>Muh chess autism
>
>OST couldn't even compare to AA1
>Lang isn't even a complete character without Shih-na
>Final case has 20 characters on screen, most of them doing absolutely nothing
Why do people say this is the best game in the series again? SoJ T&T and DGS1 has it beat in all regards

Attached: 609b056c8dd1570b4776c5f0f9f95cb7.jpg (683x1024, 178K)

He's just memeing, the real final boss is Kay.

Attached: cb310aabc8ab8e7d3241377d8628a88a.png (2894x4093, 3.5M)

Did Edgeworth plow that bitch on the right

it's a little cliche when you find out ray is the mastermind.

Anyone know if we'll be getting more Ace Attorney on the switch? I'm loving the trilogy so far and hope to play more :)

Attached: 1555270760446.jpg (1094x1096, 282K)

is it legal to have sex with pearl when she's possessed by mia

Attached: 42304897239847.png (203x254, 80K)

Found the contrarian.

You people are really running out of things to discuss huh?

>DGS1
Nàh

Just beat DGS and man, what a fucking disappointment.
If ending on such a shitty cliffhanger wasn't bad enough, only the 5th case was even fleshed out enough to be called a real case, and then just barely and with its own share of problems.
Feels like it was written to be a whole of an overarching plot but the substance was distributed poorly and I assume the large chunk of the intrigue is in 2, and given how easy the first game was I'm really not very enthusiastic to play it.

>game with Athena and Apollo
>being good at all
Embarrassing

Case 5-B, the true ending depending on your actions in case 3

people like you are the reason we never got DSG overseas.

with that said good riddences, that game was okay at best, good characters but terribly unsatisfying overall.

Hey guys. I got this tape for you to watch

why is this regarded so highly by so many? I beat both investigations games, they're both incredibly average with incredibly forgettable stories compared to the mainline games

Get some taste faggot. Sherlock alone is better than anything the main line games are post Apollo Justice

>le whacky antics barely offscreen man
Nah I'm good thanks

>says the characters are good
>insults me by saying the characters are good

yes, and? where's the rebuttal? your still agreeing with me on the characters being good in DGS you faggot.

I hated mommy judge's stupid fucking kid, totally ruined the ending of the last case for me.

I hated the whole courtney justine thing. Just pissed me off. Otherwise, the writing was good.

Did you guys watch the final case?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ace Attorney S2 - 22 [720p].mkv_snapshot_06.35_[2019.03.27_01.51.41].jpg (1280x720, 334K)

Not sure I got that. Can we see it again?

Remember when AAI2 was just announced and people thought Courtney was Celeste Inpax?

Attached: Celeste_Inpax.png (185x185, 40K)

Sugar, sugar...

Was it kino?

Sure, here you go.

You are wrong about everything except for the soundtrack being shit.

Get a 3DS and play the other games. Or play Conflict of Interest/Contempt of Court if you have a PC and don't mind fan games.

How playable are the DS AA games on Desmume?

Is the anime worth it? I've heard mixed things about it.

Even if you don't like the anime, it's worth it to watch it just for the finale case. Game music and Iris was cute as FUCK. They made the final conversation between Iris and Phoenix good, because her voice breaks.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ace Attorney S2 - 23 [720p].mkv_snapshot_03.27_[2019.04.02_14.01.37].jpg (1280x720, 26K)

The original trilogy runs fine. I played them that way over 10 years ago.

What about AJ and the Edgeworth games?

I really can't imagine many emulation errors for a game like this

Also fine. Not sure on AAI2 cause I played that on a flashcart when it was first translated though. But AJ and AAI1 definitely work. Just be careful because when I played AA1 the first time, Case 5 had a glitch on Desmume where a certain item wouldn't trigger a scene but it probably got fixed by now.

They're fine too.

Attached: AAI21.png (958x1542, 529K)

The 1st season wasn't that good. They tried to fit 2 games into it so it was rushed and some scenes felt off because of the way it was drawn. They didn't expect the series to be a success and it was used to advertise AA6.

Because it was successful, S2 took time to flesh out the 3rd game since they now have the same number of episodes to adapt 1 game instead of 2. Animation quality was better as well. The original episodes were written by Shu and they were pretty good. Explored Edgeworth's childhood a bit.

I heard they fixed a lot of the S1 stuff in the Blurays, but I haven't watched it so I can't comment.

Attached: godot_tears_of_blood_subs.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

DGS1 has put me in an AA mood so I'm gonna replay the original Trilogy. I'm guessing I should just skip S1 and go right to S2 then?

>DGS just basically spoils the culprit of the final case instantly
>all that build-up for the cat flap that everyone probably noticed instantly
It just made me want to die the whole way through

That should be fine. Since you're familiar with the games you're not missing much as they're rushed. Maya is pretty cute in the anime so S1 was worth it for me.

I'd recommend watching the anime-only originals from S1 if you like young Edgeworth or loli Franziska.

Attached: iris_knitting.webm (1280x720, 2.62M)

the cases weren't seperate, they all added up to the overarching plot and built up the final case, there wasn't any "filler"

I think DGS is kinda like this too but we only got half of the story in the first game

That can be a positive but it can also be a negative if done too much, where every piece of evidence has to serve some secret purpose and time is spent on setting shit up for the case in the next game. AAI2 executed on it well and I think it being one of the first in that overarching cohesion helps its case.

Or just look for all the screencaps and gifs that people will inevitably compile of it afterwards. That seems to be the main reason anybody watches anime anymore: macro fodder

Too stretched out, felt like they were basically forcing me to buy 2 to answer all the dumb shit they peppered across 1.

Kay is cute.

Except that was a stupid idea IMO. The cases being self-contained means that they have to end conclusively, rather than just promise that the end case will make up for all of it.

Except all the cases in AAI2 had very concrete endings and were self contained enough to have satisfying solutions you didn't have to wait for.
It wasn't like DGS where you spent a whole case accomplishing fuckall, and then having to wait through a filler case just to reach case 5 where surprise the guy actually did it woah.

Why did they think that?

Don't think anybody on Yea Forums cares about the anime all that much.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ace Attorney S2 - 21 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.37_[2019.03.17_04.19.59].jpg (1280x720, 308K)

And yet people keep recommending it despits how I thought we all fucking agreed it was cash-grabby shit the moment we saw the first episode.

AA4-6 anime when?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ace Attorney S2 - 23 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.24_[2019.04.16_13.16.06].jpg (1280x720, 155K)

They actually made the assistant character interesting. I'm pissed the later games never did anything similar.

Attached: kay2.png (358x778, 454K)

When they have new shit to shill.

>S1 shilled for AA6
>S2 shilled for AA Trilogy

S3 will probably shill for AA7 or the 3rd spin-off.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ace Attorney S2 - 21 [720p].mkv_snapshot_11.00_[2019.03.17_04.06.49].jpg (1280x720, 400K)

WHO IS GOING TO BE HERE FOR THE ZAK GRAMAYRE TRIAL THIS FRIDAY?!?!

I don't remember this in the games. Wtf is happening?

Is she stupid?

She wants to marry a gangster son because she knows that he's gonna die because of the bullet in his heart.

She thinks she'll get the heir as a widow.

Attached: tumblr_pabyhh8MLm1tbwovuo1_r1_250.png (250x188, 23K)

You don't remember the courtroom exploding in AA3?

Attached: godot_dies.webm (1280x720, 2.75M)

youtube.com/watch?v=ziDfl6w8_QU
Name a better character theme.

3 > I2 > 6 > 1 > 5 > 2 > 4 > I1

To be honest though none of the games are particularly dislike, I just enjoyed some more than others.

Attached: fd6c64f66f932c7d3dc7359eee035076.png (2520x1440, 3.09M)

delet tthis image

She openly admits that she was just marrying a crime boss' son so that he'd die and leave her all the money, in a trial his parents (who, again, are powerful crime bosses) were watching.

So yes, she was stupid. She was probably lucky she got arrested.

She might be the most forgettable culprit in the entire franchise.

excellent ranking

youtu.be/-2wRckkYdM0

No, pretty sure that’d be the one for AAI1-3, or somebody from AAI2 or AA5.

I liked Cammy's just for how completely out of place it felt in an Ace Attorney game
youtube.com/watch?v=suqHq3xL0rs

How the fuck is this cash grabby? A short anime season that airs for free on tv (in Japan), with no merchandise of any kind to follow it. I think thats just you buddy.

Attached: IMG_0819.jpg (583x610, 78K)

>that’d be the one for AAI1-3,
Yeah, he was pretty lame too, the only memorable thing about him was his damage animation. Come to think of it, most of I1's villains were pretty lame except maybe Yew.

What is Godot doing there? He's fucking dead.

I2>3>6>4>1>DGS>5>2=I1
fixed

So's Mia

She's alive. In my heart.

Why is Trucy wearing bloomers?
Trucy is 15
Mrs Kitaki also wears bloomers ..
This Stickler creep steals underwear ..

Worst final villain though. The game should've been about taking down Blaize.

Because they are pure. Only sluts wear panties.

To each their own I guess, I loved DGS.

>no merchandise of any kind
AA6, AA Trilogy.
Also, awful production values pretty much indicate how lazily it was made.

>The 1st season wasn't that good. They tried to fit 2 games
It was two cour though. Each game of the three got 12 episodes. 2nd season was spliced with filler episodes, so it was two cour, too.

Bullshit. Lang is a good character on his own. He's one of my facvourites.

>liking T&T

I never got this meme. The soundtrack is ass. Godot may be cool but hes also fucking retarded as is the final case as whole. Only good thing about the final case is playing as Edgeworth. The imposter case is the worst filler case in the OT, way worse with more grating characters then the circus.

Honestly the only redeeming feature of that dumpster fire is the admittedly awesome Mask*DeMasque case.

>Worst final villain though
Can you really say that when Alba and the phantom exist?

Yes.

>Worst final villain though
How so?

Swap 6 and 1 and add in DGS after 6 and you have a correct ranking.

Blaize was the most obvious villain in existance. Fuck you.

I wouldn't call him the worst but kinda agree that as a boss he's pretty bad. He had a great backstory and motivation but the actual confrontation with him is lackluster and too short. It's like the writer heard the complaints on Alba's dragged out battle and tried too hard to prevent that from happening again.

I want marry Phoenix!!

Attached: c4840c3d-c5d4-40ce-b721-3406ef666189.png (720x1920, 571K)

obvious doesn't mean bad, I found Blaise to be a very entertaining villain

why does that matter

AAI-AAI2 in general gets the bonus of fixing Franziska from being the garbage character Trilogy made her

Trinity of Holy Games

AAI2
SoJ
T&T

W-what about DGS2? I heard it's the best in the franchise.

this guy gets it

>it's another aai2 circlejerk thread
yawn

Truly a man of taste.

Attached: rayfa.jpg (400x240, 118K)

Yeah but he's cool as fuck
He's super memorable.

I loved SoJ a lot, it had the best variety of cases with it’s large cast

AAI2 easily had the best cases

And T&T was the best closure

I liked AAI better than AAI2, but then again fakespoilers like kinda dampened that experience for me.

Imagine the taste of those armpits... shit...

I'm sure everyone will consider it one of the best when the translation is released

I Really need to start playing the 3DS games. If only they could give us console ports or proper emulation.

>That sense of dread when you finally realize with Apollo the actual twist of 6-5

I legitimately stopped playing for a week until I stopped caring about the characters but it came back when I continued, fucking hell man

very nice

Attached: 1554060998281.png (368x608, 279K)

Probably one of the best twists in the franchise

youtu.be/U-Af99DOLZg
The soundtrack alone sometimes still gets me all bubbly

Attached: 1547107530344m.jpg (690x1024, 107K)

youtube.com/watch?v=NHlKKca5Lho

Attached: tumblr_inline_ojb7htbPtw1qkpnrw_500[1].gif (454x179, 1.28M)

You can't ignore the first one.
It has two final climax cases

shut up fujo

Every case in Edgeworth 1 is subpar except for the fourth one.

Got real sick of the bitch threatening to take away the badge

I hate to be a Capcom shill but buy the trilogy to convince them the series is still alive.
I don't know what they are waiting for with AA7.

>cash-grabby
Nigger it took em more than a decade to shit out a decent anime adaptation.

Which one? The one about his dad?

I only ever played AA1 like 8 years ago, so copped the trilogy to play the first three games and just got to case 5 in AA1 (Only one I didn't do)
What's the best way to play the rest / any to avoid?

It's ok because it's a buildup to edgeworth not giving a fuck about his badge

I only played the Trilogy pack because I don't have a DS.

AA>TT>JfA

No avoid
Play them all in release order.
After the trilogy it is:
Apollo Justice (DS, 3DS, mobile)
Investigations (DS, mobile)
Investigations 2 (DS, mobile)
Professor Layton vs. (play this if you've played Professor Layton)
Dual Destinies (3DS, mobile)
Spirit of Justice (3DS, mobile)

then you have Dai Gyakuten Saiban which just got a fan translation and Dai Gyakuten 2 which should have one soon enough

Attached: oldapollo.jpg (733x538, 46K)

fuck fujos

youtube.com/watch?v=k5wHKdX5NSM
It's still a character theme right

Thanks brother
I think I'll emulate a few since getting copies of the DS games in my neck of the woods will be a pain

H.H

>play this if you've played Professor Layton
that was my first layton game but I ended up playing them all after this one

youtube.com/watch?v=l9sCcZTI9Vc
:^)

Well it seems that half of people on Yea Forums didn't play Layton beforehand and were put off by Layton-ness of it

How was she garbage in the trilogy?

I enjoyed Holmes' character in DGS.
I've never read any of the books. How book-accurate is DGS Holmes anyway?
He comes across as kind of a fool in DGS because all his deductions are way off the mark until Naruhodou fixes them.