Who would end up causing more of an uproar and BTFO if they got revealed for the Smash Ultimate DLC?

Who would end up causing more of an uproar and BTFO if they got revealed for the Smash Ultimate DLC?

Shantae or Reimu?

Attached: Shantae and Reimu.png (1758x1060, 1.46M)

Steve

>Shantae or fucking Touhou
Clearly the latter.

Attached: 1507152636397.png (750x750, 582K)

This. Steve already has shitposting fuel and a group of trolls and haters. Him becoming a DLC would make Yea Forums completely unusable (or at least more than the usual).

Attached: 1525308539811.gif (300x300, 1.99M)

>unique mining, crafting and block placing mechanics
>sakurai has taste so no faggy shitpost render because wholesome actual steve gets in instead
>not only will this open the floodgates for absolutely anyone but will skyrocket Banjo's chances tenfold for the next Smash Bros
Nah

Reimu. Yea Forums would be fine. Yea Forums was fine during Ridley's trailer so they'll be fine with this too.
/jp/ on the other hand will become unusable. It will mirror that one time Yea Forums raided them and all they could do was post crying touhou images.

Considering the number of 2hu spinoff games recently I don't think Reimu is impossible. She wouldn't be until last on the reveals, though, because other than Steve there wouldn't be any way to one-up her.

Reimu for sure

Attached: 1453749018_1453652415158.jpg (568x574, 40K)

Definitely Reimu. The kind of people who keep up with this absurdity at least know about Shantae in passing. Some frilly armpit girl they've never heard of would spark a figuratively literal riot.

Reimu, easily.
Only on Yea Forums, he is a normalfag pick everywhere else.

You're forgetting about the waves of shitposts and creepy 3D images of Steve eating/killing every other character.
>sakurai has taste so no faggy shitpost render because wholesome actual steve gets in instead
Someone would mod the creppy model into the game just for shits and giggles.
>that one time Yea Forums raided them and all they could do was post crying touhou images
lel. Do you have a pic of the raid or a date so I can search it on the archives?

REIMU

I noticed Reimu not popping up much on smash threads lately, did people lose interest?

Attached: 1540166752217.jpg (1071x1600, 767K)

Saber

reimu obviously, but shantae, a spirit, becoming dlc would open one hell of a can of worms

Well /jp/ would become inhabitable if Raymoo got in Smash.
So I guess Raymoo.

Oh god you are right. It would also mean any ingame spirit/trophy deconfirmations meaning jackshit in future games.

Reimu shantae is inrelevant

Reimu but then again putting in any weeb shit like Neptunia or Miku would also achieve the same effect.

Damn, that is so true.

>Shantae restarts the Geno/Bandanna Dee/and a shit on other characters' hype trains and also other characters now getting shitposted due to "spirts equal deconfirm no longer being a thing due to Shantae.

it'd be magical.

>all the lapsed touhou fans will come back
The incline cometh

What if BOTH got revealed?

Shantae is either 3rd or 4th revealed and Reimu is the final DLC reveal?

Nintendo is in charge of the DLC so they would probably go with a safer pick like an Undertale character.

Sans. If this was confirmed Yea Forums would die.

I hope it happens.

Attached: 1529103991584.gif (621x437, 500K)

I fucking hate it to man but it has global appeal and Japan is eating it up with pleasure. The only advantages Reimu and Shantae have are being older characters.

Even toby fox would lobby for reimu over an undertale character.

>Miku is added
>a bunch of Vocaloid music gets ported into the game
>a new generation of teens spouting old ass memes and shitting up old Vocaloid PVs with smash comments
Alternatively
>Neptunia is added
>she takes a shit on compfags
>creates enough asshurt to rival the Playstation Allstars incident

people actually like Shantae and want her in smash

>a new generation of teens spouting old ass memes
Finally.

I don't read youtube comments anymore, but I'm aware of the tonal shift between 10 years ago and now so the thought of old comments being buried under a pile of new comments makes me a little tense. I'll get over it though.

Pretty much, Toby is a 2hufag, but do you really think that if Nintendo approached him with a proposition he would say something like "but wait, how about Reimu?". Sure she is massive in Japan but Nintendo would need to desire that otaku money really hard to pick her when there is already a huge library of popular third parties they can go for.

Talks cheap. There's no reason he couldn't. Nintendo probably wouldn't listen to his suggestion and would just go with their plan b if he refused.

I guess, a better question is if people like Toby, ZUN or Sakurai ever considered her in the first place.

>creates enough asshurt to rival the Playstation Allstars incident
GGreat, now I want to see Nep in Smash.

Toby is the most likely. I don't think ZUN gives a shit and Sakurai knows every character under the sun is competing for his attention.

Marisa.

Attached: 6b2076fd.png (620x550, 126K)

Unironically Freddy fazbear. His series is seen as a shitty jump scare mess and he’s not even on a Nintendo console, not to mention it would probably make Steve fans and banjo fans rage.

I would be thankful that shantae got in because it would give me a little hope.

Shantae is a spirit, why people think she still has a chance?

Serious answer? Because it's too early to tell what kind of mentality they followed with the DLC. At this moment anything is possible, maybe after the third character we will have more realistic expectations.

Since the piranha plant got in, I'm waiting for the cucco from zelda to be announced.

Reimu's final smash?
Everyone turns into clones of her.
And
>shantae
Mario is already in Smash.

Mods allow actual Touhou threads now so people just make them without the pretense

I guess some people did used the threads for general 2hu discussion. I wonder how many actually want her in the game.

Glue Man for smash

Attached: file.png (809x607, 461K)

>Reimu's final smash?
Fantasy Heaven or bust.
>Everyone turns into clones of her.
Reimu isn't Saber.

Saberfaces?

They both deserve party hats if they get in.

reimu would be met with pleasant surprise

shantae would make everybody shit their pants

On Yea Forums? Shantae because of all the shitposting about her not being in the game at launch.

Touhou for the rest of the world since it's fairly obscure outside of Japan if you're not a fan of the genre.

>did used
did use*

Would have to be included with Reimu because one implies the other.

Attached: 1166918262461.jpg (1152x1690, 172K)

Would Marina make Yea Forums and the rest of the internet gasp in shock?

Attached: Marina Mischief Makers.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

Reimu would kill two boards and the Japanese internet

probably shantae, smash players are used to getting random anime characters no one knows about

>wanting a character you can literally never win with in smash

>Reimu's final smash?
She fucks off to get drunk off of something questionable that Yukari gave her and get dicked down by some faceless man from the human village.

Attached: 1498151880357.jpg (900x1500, 156K)

Reimu, why the fuck would literally anyone want a Touhou character in Smash? The Touhou Project is such a niche of a niche of a niche that nobody outside of about 15 people would even recognize her.

reimu
>only history with nintendo is shitty spinoffs, no mainlines
>literally who outside of japan
>"a literal anime character? really sakurai?? over shantae??"
>Yea Forums and /jp/ will collectively shit their pants

>That one MMD video where faceless villagers roofie and rape Reimu and Alice
That was a good fap.

If Reimu got in Smash, it would be huge. In a good way. I mean, dude, it's fucking Touhou, and she has appeared already on Nintendo.
But c'mon, you know it won't happen.

Attached: Azure-Reflections.jpg (1152x648, 171K)

Smash has a lot of overlap with weeb communities to begin with, and I doubt most people would care about those factors besides the most autistic of Nintendo purists.