Bad games that Yea Forums tries to shill as the best in their series

Bad games that Yea Forums tries to shill as the best in their series

Attached: MR-FF9-Cast.jpg (1280x720, 197K)

That game’s really really good though

No.

op is a faggot
ff ix was the shit, i replay every 3 years or so

Vivi killed the game for me, why should i care about a gun that can talk?

FFIX and Persona 2 are the kings of this. Dark Souls II isn't actually a bad game but the way Yea Forums tries to pretend it's the best Souls game is ridiculous.

>why should i care about a gun that can talk?
Why shouldn't you? A talking gun sounds awesome.

t.FFVIII faggot who's shitty game will never be beloved like FFIX

but that is the best in the series

Do you feel bad for your shoes when ur walking?

30 yo boomer here, one of my fav childhood games

What happened to make you people so assblasted over this game? I see threads about it all the time now.

OP here. Sorry I was drunk, here's the right pic

Attached: Final Fantasy VI - logo.jpg (800x274, 63K)

All the time. My feet are fucking rank, and nothing I do helps.

Literally just FF7 & FF8 fags seething over the fact that everyone hates their piece of shit games, and considers FF9 the best in the series behind FF6

If the gun is powered by the spirits of the dead and suddenly starts talking and developing a personality, that's probably something looking into, no?

Attached: Vivi.jpg (768x1024, 272K)

>everyone hates their piece of shit games
user don't be silly, just because OP is shitposting doesn't mean you have to do the same.

Attached: Final Fantasy IX.jpg (684x1024, 164K)

The only good FF games are IV, V, VI, VII, and Tactics. IX fags are delusional.

No? He's still a man made object.

It's good but it's not something I want to replay. I only liked Steiner, Vivi, Zidan and Garnet. Everybody else was boring as fuck or had a bullshit story that was barely wraped up. I also hated how the game seperated your party for the majority of it, not allowing you to use who you wanted.

the backpedal is real

Pic not related, naturally.

t. probably a butthurt 7, 8, or 13 fanboy

Attached: butthurt.png (641x259, 413K)

Well, yes and no, the body is man-made, but the souls that power him aren't. He's not like a robot that glitches and "develops" a mind, the mist that animates him is made up of the souls of the world's dead. I think that separates him from just being a talking gun.
t. fervent anti-robot rights activist

Attached: Black Waltz II.jpg (380x491, 86K)

Those 3 games are pretty good, 9 isn't. And 6 really is the worst.

Man, Vivi's fucking cool.

Cope more & see Pic Related

Attached: Consensus Best RPGs.jpg (2381x2194, 3.53M)

dare I say
best character in the series

Attached: 1547281672216.jpg (1414x2000, 1.07M)

Good. Your argument is ''other sites says it's good, so it must be''.
yikes

100%, I need more Freya in other media.

I'm the actual OP and I stand by my hatred of FFIX.

Freya is a legitimately cool character whose interactions with Amaranth are absolutely 10/10 for however little they last, but I hate that I can't mention how cool her design is without people assuming I want to sleep with the rat.
But also the amount of furfags that show up out of the woodwork whenever people shitpost about IX is like some crazy nuclear option mutually assured destruction thing that none of the other games actually have, so in the end it works out.

Attached: Freya.jpg (600x600, 68K)

As much as I dislike (not hate) IX i have to say I like Freya.

The entire argument in this thread is about what is generally considered the best FF Game. And he proved that the only ones people care about are FF6, Tactics, FFIX , FF7 & FFX

>IGN having the least shitty taste, being the only one to have both Deus Ex and Baldur's Gate 2
lolwtf

Attached: 1542803428213.png (466x492, 187K)

I never understood the ridiculous praise for FFVI. It's one of the blandest games I ever played, even by Final Fantasy standards.

Attached: 1836721543.jpg (2000x1616, 791K)

Give me some context for the bottom one or else the whole "two sides of the same coin" spiel is a damning offense just the same.

I find it funny that some of you still refer to it as Final Fantasy III
Hell, even on Famitsu section you guys put US cover.

So I get that the intent is that whatever the bottom speech is is supposed to be better than Kefka's spiel, but... it really isn't. That has to be one of the most generic final boss speeches I've ever heard. What's it from?

The speech pretty much spells out his motivation. He's committing what he believes is a lesser evil to protect a greater good.

Well, that's a different clear type of villain then, Kefka is very much a full destruction for the sake of destruction kind of archetype. It's like taking the Archdemon from Dragon Age I and comparing him to Delita from Final Fantasy Tactics

t. FF7 nigger faggot

Delita isn't the villain of Final Fantasy tactics.

The villain of FFT is a demonic goddess resurrected by an evil church, one of the most pervasive jrpgs cliches, so good job on undermining your own argument.

Attached: 1545606237067.png (1267x785, 99K)

Indivisible

What does that have to do with anything he just said?

>What does that have to do with anything he just said?
He made the claim that the comparison in that image is not relevant because it would be "like taking the Archdemon from Dragon Age I and comparing him to Delita from Final Fantasy Tactics". But that makes no sense, since Delita isn't the villain of FFT, whereas both characters in that image are very much the villains of their respective games.

He's an antagonistic force, just like the dukes are, just like the Pope is, which then gets swallowed by the Stones plot later on in the game. Does he not count because he's not the thing you fight to end the game?
But again, address the point. Why are you comparing different kinds of villain? There are many different archetypes, and Kefka is definitely never meant to be a justified, "he actually might have a point" kind of villain, he's a self-destructive madman who literally tripped and gained godlike power and that's the twist that the game pulls, you show up to the big imposing floating continent to stop the villains from taking over the world like in any other game, and you actually FAIL

For her to be a good character she needed to NOT be ripped off by the faggot staff at Squaresoft. The fact that Freya holds no scene of a grudge towards Brahne, Beatrix, and Kuja just pissed me off. She deserved a chance at revenge. Even Vivi got a scene like this in Disc 2 when he said:

"I hate Brahne and when I saw Bahamut kill her I was glad this happened to her."

Or something of the sort, but nope. Freya got nothing. All because the faggots at Square Enix think that if a character is non-human they don't matter and just in case this is something that's happened before and after FF9.

Before - FF6, the Espers are genocided like nothing. They had every reason to hate humans after the mass murder of their kind which eventually led to their extinction. You'd think with their powers they'd be raining fire and monumental snow storms and thunder blasting every region and everything, but nothing.

After - FF10, the Ronso were treated just like Freya, nearly genocided and only a few of them remained alive. Do the Ronso hate Yevon going by X-2? Not particularly. You would think that seeing any kind of movement even titled "New Yevon" would make them go into a rage because the few survivors would like revenge for the actions of Seymour who was part of Yevon.

It's always the same routine, non-human they're getting ripped off in the story. Realistically non-humans are basically human characters with more superhuman abilities so the last thing the dumbass writers can do is present non-humans as incompetent. Makes me want to throw them in a lion's den and let's see how that ends.

All the recent re-releases of this game have helped it gain notoriety yet again, and all the same websites shared, and a lot more in fact, are praising it without end. OP, you may not like it, but it’s inaccurate to say only Yea Forums praises it. IX has always been beloved almost everywhere in and outside the internet.

>Does he not count because he's not the thing you fight to end the game?
He doesn't count because the church of Glabados is ultimately responsible for masterminding pretty much everything in the game. They are the real villainous force. You would know this if you had played FFT.

>Why are you comparing different kinds of villain?
The comparison isn't about what kind of villain they are, it's about execution. What possible reason is there for Kefka's dialogue to be so badly written?

Attached: 1549045785357.jpg (660x574, 31K)

Yeah, but just because two characters are both the main villains from their respective games, that doesn't mean they have to be similar in the slightest.

>t. Kuja

>Why are you comparing different kinds of villain? There are many different archetypes
So you're saying we should compare Kefka to another villain who's similar in that they're also extremely nihilistic?

Well, if you insist...

Attached: 12213248328.jpg (3009x1569, 830K)

>What possible reason is there for Kefka's dialogue to be so badly written?
It wasn't though? Simple doesn't equal bad. Not every character needs flowery speech and a Naruto-tier backstory to be a good and/or compelling character. I'm not even saying Kefka IS a good or compelling character, but that speech of his isn't really that bad. Hell, it's not even as simple as you're selling it, especially since other mediums have added nuance to it by giving the whole, "Why do people rebuild things they know are going to be destroyed?" a somber tone, as if he's actually trying to comprehend why someone would protect someone they know is eventually going to die. It's even more tragic when you consider that he can't actually comprehend that because of all the experiments that fried his mind.

Weak bait.

Kek, you can tell whoever made these just irrationally hates Kefka for whatever reason.

>What possible reason is there for Kefka's dialogue to be so badly written?
Other anons might disagree with me user, but the sample dialogue you posted is not exactly the most stellar thing I've ever read either, and I fail to see how one dialogue is horrible and the other is excellent. Kefka's dialogue is fitting to an insane, no-importance murderous lapdog that at the last second manages to take over the power that his boss spent the whole game going after. He's not making any grand statements you're supposed to agree with, he is, quite literally, a brain-damaged murderous clown man cackling because he wants to be the biggest troll imaginable. And the fact that your actual more sensible, understandable (?) villain pulls off a "these are the two sides of the same coin" and a "isn't this ironic?" that is also extremely overused makes it hard to see things through your point.

I'm not going to bother reading the image. Kreia is a fantastic antagonist, and her dialogue is extremely quotable and memorable, far more than Kefka. But she's not exactly your run-of-the-mill RPG villain, is she? The bar isn't set at Kreia, she towers above most other things the genre has to offer in her own category, so to hold her as a mean standard is intellectually dishonest.

Attached: Garland.jpg (600x829, 245K)

>PS1 babbies defending their favorite movie games
>V chads busy appreciating an actual video game

>It wasn't though? Simple doesn't equal bad. Not every character needs flowery speech
Kefka's speech (which is abridged btw) is LONGER than the one on the bottom speech, so what are you arguing against? He spends like a dozen sentences literally going 'mwauhaha look how evil I am and how I will destroy everything'.

This is Saturday morning cartoon levels of writing. If you want to establish that your villain is a crazed nihilist, there are much better ways to convey that.

Don't use V to shitpost on a nepalese throat-singing open air theater you turboslut

Attached: Galuf and Krile.jpg (500x500, 75K)

>Actually the latest threads i saw for this game were all negative on v.