How do you guys decide on what game from backlog goes next?

How do you guys decide on what game from backlog goes next?

I just finished replaying Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy and honestly cant decide what to play next. Again.

Cant even decide on genre. Since December I played expansions for AoE 2 HD, then Etrian Odyssey Nexus until two weeks ago (160 hours total) and niw those two. No idea, really. Pillars might be tempting but it would be another 150 hours I guess.

Thanks for any help!

Attached: the backlog.jpg (1820x1474, 625K)

Other urls found in this thread:

servc.eu/rsg/
howlongtobeat.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anybody?

Please respond ;_;

roll rng

I just pick something at random because I know most of the games I have on gog and emulators are worth playing but sometimes I don't want a 100 hour RPG so I save those for later. Not sure what to tell people when they have this sort of problem, it seems strange to me

Full Throttle.

I could random but it ALWAYS trigger "...but this one seems good too" feeling and whole process start anew.

I make a list, I alternate big games and small games and after that I alternate genres.

>having a backlog in the first place
>not just buying whatever game interests you at that moment, playing it and moving on
Why the fuck would you make playing vidya a literal chore

Attached: 1503805702826.jpg (1149x855, 88K)

always change genre, and stick to the order religiously.

Play Half Life 2 episodes. Drop Space Marine unless you're an absolute 40K fan other wise that game is super boring and monotonous.

Can't say much about other stuff, it's all about preference.

Some games are extremely long, unlike movies, and you can be interested in several at the time ending up with many games you want to play.
I had same mindset like you when I was under 16 and played ALL games, even shitty ones I don't like, because I've spent money on them and at them but they looked interesting. Now I can buy whatever I want but put it on hold until I beat my current game ending up with a massive "to play" list.

I don't know ;_;

Sales and bundles does to me. Especially bundles. And playing every game 100% or close so I end up playing for 150-200 hours.

Hmm. So, it was RTS, then dungeon crawler, then two action slashers... What's left in order then?

buy games when they're sale

>buying whatever game interests you at that moment
im also buying games randomly if they're cheap somewhere but i dont have a backlog cause like you said it would feel to me like a chore

literally this

i dont buy games at full price and wait for massive sales so the amount of games i have at any given time adds up quick because there's always a sale somewhere. backlog doesn't feel like a chose, it fells like like having a ton of good games to play in no particular at any time.

also really wanted to play RAGE but i couldn't fucking manage to change the FOV sadly

servc.eu/rsg/
just use this and finish that game, then move onto the next, pick again if it gives you something you've already played

i play a long game and then once i finish that game i pick 3 or 4 games that won't keep me occupied for too long (short games, multiplayer) and play those until i'm done with them, and the cycle repeats

this
The OP doesn't seem to have a lot of "small" games, he should buy more f these, as they help take a break after a big game and help start other big games fresh.
Also there are games with "infinite" gameplay, like mobile games, crafting games, etc...
You should not buy too many of these and if you have to similar games in your library (like several battle royales or several minecraft-likes), then just pick the best one to keep playing and unistall the others.

I meant "multiplayer" instead of "mobile"

I roll for it.

0 Gravity Rush 2
1 Syndicate (2012)
2 Too Human
3 God of War (2018)
4 Morph X
5 Uncharted: Golden Abyss
6 Earth Defense Force 2 (Vita)
7 Bullet Girls Phantasia
8 Red Dead Redemption 2
9 Phantasy Star (Sega Ages)

kek

Mobiles have infinite gameplay too, even if gameplay quality is very, very low.

But yeah, one of my main problem is finishing games by doing as much as I can and having long games, this result in long, 150 hours hames that takes months to finish. One could say that we truly live in both golden and cursed times - so many games, so little time.

When I was like 13, I used to play everything I had multiple times. Now I don't have time for replays as there are just too many good games to play. Even if I would go full neet for a year, it wouldn't be enough.

Guess it's time to face the Valkyries.

There is no great game longer than 12 hours. What the fuck are you doing you gayass nigger?

first of all finish all the SP campaigns in all the games in the "currently playing" section.
Then you have 3 strategy games (age of empires, age of wonders, xcom)
Pick the best one to keep playing MP or solo skirmishes and uninstall the other twos.

Then pick a SP game to start, I recomend either HL2 or theat van helsing game, which seems pleb-tier.

howlongtobeat.com/
you can use this site to check how much time games are supposed to take, it lists both regular and completionist times
you can use that to try and find the shorter games in your library and leave the really long ones for later

don't waste your time with pillars of eternity, it's pompous shit