Mario Maker 2 Leak

I don't really know how to do this because I never have before.

I have information I cannot prove (without endangering the job security of an undeserving person) about a Nintendo Direct coming on April 25th, 2019. The Direct will be announced the day before, on April 24th.

If there's something I can do to provide more evidence for my legitimacy (without putting my source at risk) I'm all ears. Otherwise, you're on your own. Skip this post or read on in good faith. Sorry.

The upcoming Direct will contain an (approximately?) 4-minute segment about Mario Maker 2. Here's what we will learn:

The MM2 segment will be broken into two main parts. The first part is about MULTIPLAYER. The second part is about WORLDS and COINS.

The Direct will NOT be hosted by Reggie Fils-Aime, but by Doug Bowser. I don't know if Reggie will make an appearance or not.

Neither segment will directly feature new enemies or power-ups though it remains to be seen what new elements will appear onscreen during the presentation.

[1/3]

Attached: mario maker 2 banner.png (318x159, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cTIWNS7MCqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here’s what I know about the MULTIPLAYER segment:

• Up to four players can play multiplayer-designated courses together simultaneously. The playable characters are: Mario, Luigi, a (blue-spotted) Toad, Toadette, and Nabbit.
• There is no mention of a Super Crown power-up as far as I know. Peach is not listed.
• Except for Nabbit, characters behave in functionally the same way (Luigi doesn’t have a higher jump and so on).
• Nabbit behaves the way he does in NSMBU Deluxe.
• Courses are designated as multiplayer or single-player. In order to upload a multiplayer course, the course must be beaten by exactly two (or fewer) players simultaneously (which means that a course can’t contain elements that require three or more players to beat it).
• Nabbit-enabled courses must be beaten with and without Nabbit in order to be uploaded. Players may choose to play Nabbit but can always choose to play another character instead.
• Makers can build a course collaboratively and save progress independently. It works about like you’d expect. When you collaborate on a course, parameters and permissions are set up at the outset but can be changed later.
• They’ll talk briefly about Yoshi. Yoshi comes in Red, Blue, Yellow, and (obviously) Green and functions similarly to their Super Mario World counterparts.

[2/3]

Here's what I know about the WORLDS and COINS segment:

• Makers can create short "Worlds" of interconnected levels. There will be a world editor but the number of levels-per-world is finite and the order that a World’s levels are played in is linear. There is no mention about Worlds being strung together or connected.
• Worlds can be designated as multiplayer Worlds, even if they do not include multiplayer courses (players alternate play the way they do in Super Mario World).
• Coins, power-up status, and lives are carried over from course to course within a World. Like in the original SMM1, Mario can only collect a set number (2, now) of lives from 1-ups in each course during World play, and another 2 lives-per-course from coins.
• Makers can set a required number of coins to beat a stage (in any mode, not just World mode). The player must still reach the flagpole, but the flagpole will not appear until the requisite number of coins have been collected.
• Makers can place up to 5 Purple Coins in each stage. Purple Coins have a value which depends on how many coins were collected from the course after it is completed. Players can unlock Mystery Mushroom costumes with this currency.
• There is another way to unlock Mystery Mushroom costumes but that won't be discussed in this Direct (costumes are still exclusive to SMM1 style).

I know VERY LITTLE about the rest of the Direct. I know it opens with Smash Bros news and will announce the next fighter. I don’t know anything about a Stage Builder announcement but that doesn’t mean there won’t be one.

I know there’s an Animal Crossing announcement and that’s about all I’ve got.

[3/3]

Just kidding LOL [3/3]

You were SO close.

Nice try, user.

Attached: Simple Flips.jpg (733x462, 16K)

>If there's something I can do to provide more evidence for my legitimacy (without putting my source at risk) I'm all ears.
That's quite simple OP, just state your favorite Godzilla movie

Can you idiots fuck off, they aren't going to do another full Nintendo Direct when they had one two months ago and when E3 is in two months.

I've never liked Godzilla.

Do I pass?

You're fucked mate

Attached: shinnnn.jpg (1664x696, 141K)

>ctrl+F smash
>1 result
Discarded immediately without reading. Impressive how smash turds use other games to pass their shitty fake leak, to the point of writing 99% of unrelated stuff

I didn't leak anything about Smash. I don't care about Smash Bros or Autism Crossing, etc.

This sounds pretty good fake lea-
>Luigi plays exactly like Mario
It's real.

Attached: Mario what.jpg (214x235, 15K)

Sounds fine, thanks OP
I'd be down for all this, sounds pretty fun

I understand how it simplifies uploading but yeah, it's fucking retarded; I agree.

>Up to 4 players
>Collaborate on levels
>Worlds
>Currency letting you buy costumes
>Alternate level goals outside of just getting the flagpole

I want it to be real. I wish this was real. I just want this one to actually be enjoyable.

Attached: Waluigi.png (393x464, 327K)

I gotta be honest, OP. This is a pretty convincing leak. You did a pretty good job with this one. It even builds upon some elements that have only been hinted at. I want to believe it, but I can't.

Attached: 1539743397815.png (360x333, 184K)

youtu.be/cTIWNS7MCqM

>I have information I cannot prove

stopped reading there, eat shit

k

> characters behave in functionally the same way (Luigi doesn’t have a higher jump and so on)

Excuse me while I put a gun in my mouth.

> The Direct will NOT be hosted by Reggie Fils-Aime, but by Doug Bowser.
This is fake. Neither Reggie or Doug will host a Direct in this post-Iwata period. It will be some random Japanese dude.

>Nintendo is STILL playing catchup to SMBX
rofl

Yup, this.

Chances are good that OP is full of shit, but this information is absolutely untrue.