Pirates:

>pirates:
PIRACY DOESN'T AFFECT SALES BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WEREN'T GOING TO BUY THE GAME ANYWAY
>also pirates:
I'M GOING TO PIRATE THIS GAME JUST TO SPITE THE PUBLISHER BECAUSE FUCK THEM

Attached: d76.gif (256x256, 698K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a-300-page-study-that-found-piracy-do-1818629537
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

why the fuck do you even care retard

Reminder
gizmodo.com/the-eu-suppressed-a-300-page-study-that-found-piracy-do-1818629537

>me
im going to pirate this game
>you
WOW WTF MUH DEVELOPERS MUH PUBLISHERS WOOOOOW DUDE YOU CANT DO THAT LOL YOU MAD PIRETAFAG I CAN BUY THE GAME YOU'RE SO POOR IM GONNA BUY 10 COPIES JUST TO SPITE YOU LOL EVEN THOUGH THE GAME IS PROBABLY SHIT

Attached: 1554212668974.png (976x658, 272K)

Based

Either piracy affects a company or it doesn't.
Who says I also don't pirate games?

Because a lot of "Pirates" actually beta test before buying. Hence why you have this quote.
Which is stupid in a way because what hurts more than Piracy is irrelevancy. If they used their brains, they wouldn't give two shits about it and it would hurt more.

If a poorfag who won't buy the game anyway pirates it to have some fun in his life, then I don't see how publishers lose out, considering they wouldn't get that money to begin with. Besides, it's not like he'd be stealing boxes and discs, he's literally downloading pixels. Victimless crime.

Publishers only lose out if the person has the funds to pay, but chooses not to.

Neither of those things directly impact sales because in both cases the person wasn't going to buy it to begin with.

You're right, but don't act like you're sticking it to a company by pirating a game if it doesn't actually affect them, which is something I've seen said on here.

Either the EU is right and Piracy doesn’t affect sales but online publishers must pay them and article 13 is justified, or they are wrong on all account. Can’t have it bothered ways, fuckers.

Can you even read?
The EU shoah'd the study not embraced it

I’m saying their research was wrong because they are shit at everything they do.

If they hate the publisher and don't pirate the game, they won't buy it either. So it's true that no sale has been lost

Well, they can lose out. If a person has the funds to pay, and would be willing to, but chooses not to, then they actually do hurt the publisher.

>PIRACY DOESN'T AFFECT SALES BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WEREN'T GOING TO BUY THE GAME ANYWAY
This is a fact.

>I'M GOING TO PIRATE THIS GAME JUST TO SPITE THE PUBLISHER BECAUSE FUCK THEM
This is simply an alternate motivation. Admittedly, it's a shoddy excuse when you can accomplish it more directly by shitposting on social media about how you pirated the game to the devs and publishers themselves.

>doesn't count because I say so
Thanks for conceding.

Then the devs should make a better game.

Beleive it or not, both of these co exist. You can pirate for different reasons, it's about identifying which is the most common reasoning

I pirated APEX because fuck EA

>Also pirates
>I want to play the game because at the end of the day, who gives a fuck about sales, I'm not the one warranting the paychecks

The most common reasoning is it's free and has little chance for punishment.

>I'M GOING TO PIRATE THIS GAME JUST TO SPITE THE PUBLISHER BECAUSE FUCK THEM

Works extremely well, it makes these retarded executives implement anti-piracy measures that disrupt the service for paying customers., creating an even greater money loss for the future.

It's almost as if more than one person exists in the world.

>pirate games
>Lmao free games
>Pirate Baba is You
>Title screen is a "proceeds go towards charity"
I legit felt bad and bought the game

What do you mean a better game?

Pirates try to be smug, but there is nothing more pathetic than getting angry at people buying games you enjoy.

Cuck

Is there a way to find out or estimate how many times a game has been pirated?

>implying any pirate gives a shit if some retard wastes their money

Name 1 (one) thing wrong with pirating games as a demo and buying it after you beat if you liked it. It forces devs to only make good games if they want money.

Attached: 1543031944601.jpg (1359x1600, 356K)

TIANANMEN

SQUARE

They do, and they make threads about that all the time on Yea Forums. I always wondered why parasites would kill their hosts despite that being kind retarded, and I guess that is what that is, it's retarded.

You are giving money to pirate sites.

Because if I was going to pirate something, I wouldn't pay for it in the first place, therefore it didn't affect the game getting a sale from me.

How hard piracy affects a business is solely dependent on how that business handles the presence of piracy. I think the best things business can do is to ignore it unless it is so blatantly visible(aka some guy is openly sharing pirated keys on his large twitter) that their copyright could be in jeopardy if they do not enforce it.

The companies that go out of their way to turtle and jump through DRM hoops to try and defend their products often lose far more because they get outcompeted by companies that don't. The goal is to make yourself so visible and liked that people will buy your product at release even if they could get it for free.

Well I'm sure the 10 cents in ad revenue between a piratebay proxy and utorrent will go to good use. At least they'll use it to better their service.

The real key for devs to combat piracy is the inclusion of online elements and multiplayer.

Not him but actually their research had a very large margin or error. Papers don’t get published with that kind of margin of error.

the only people who pirate are south americans and russians, you're getting riled up over 3rd world shitposters

>i like paying money for toys
based

why did you even quote me you stupid monkey

It increases the effect of word-of-mouth, which is either positive or negative depending on if the game is good. Marketing diminishes word-of-mouth and replaces it with unanimously positive feedback.

>muh games are worth 50

piracy doesn't affect the game devs because they get their payment regardless due to it being contracted work. Any money you spend on purchasing goes directly to the publisher and whatever platform they're selling it on.
Buying a game 'supports' the dev because it shows publishers it's good for making money for the publishers, and they MIGHT contract the devs again for another game.

I have never pirated a game that has a demo.
I have pirated multiple games that I later purchased.
Call it whatever you will, since pirating I feel like I never waste money when I buy a game, no bullshit reviewers telling me what they think or were paid to think, no getting screwed over paying $60+ for a game with no content.
It's even better when I can pirate a game on PC then like it and buy a physical copy for a console.
Piracy is great.

Attached: 237B08DB-F052-4182-A692-22CB994BBD6E.jpg (755x1024, 190K)

>Caring about the modern vidya industry
The absolute state.

don't try to find logic out of pirates, it's all just gold medal mental gymnastics to try and justify free games because they're too afraid to just say they want it for free

The point is less that the study "proved" that piracy helps sales and more that the EU tried their damnedest to prove that piracy harms companies and failed miserably. There is literally no evidence that piracy hurts companies.

I will gladly pay for a good product, However i will pirate the low effort cash crab games. It's called not being a retard

>when your creepy uncle gave you the floppy disks and the xerox'd manual with the special key decoder in it to get past the copy protection

there is no argument against this
hell, they even introduced refunds for two hours of gameplay, basically for this reason
I woudn't even bother pirating games if ANYONE gave out demos, but nobody does that anymore

*ahem*

Attached: 1511614750800.png (1600x731, 685K)

the thumbnail looks like the green one is holding a razor or paint scraper

Attached: 1554467236956.png (880x1089, 902K)

>playing games that aren’t worth buying

Attached: 5B8DFE93-125D-4815-A951-4467F5FDC41B.png (465x455, 444K)

gettyimages

>games

Attached: laughing anons.png (368x231, 5K)

>someone was so SEETHING that they wastes their time making this
lmao

What should I get from fitgirl repacks today??

since epic pays for developers to stay epic exclusive, there isn't any loss when their game is pirated, is there?

Yeah, I'm sure those two minutes were a huge loss

>game should work on my PC
>huge frame rate problems while other games similar to it work no problem
>ask for refund
>denied
thanks valve support

a fit gf

Wow, it's almost like different people do things for different reasons and have different motivations and goals.

Fucking retard. Kill yourself.

Attached: 6bb32eaebfdd1e90d45f504da78ddaa4.jpg (600x485, 40K)

yep, u mad>?

What's the more likely scenario here?
>1. Qualified researchers who have dedicated their lives to the pursuit of knowledge and learning have come to a logical conclusion based on facts.
>2. Corporate suits have come to an illogical conclusion for no other reason than to increase the amount of money going being funneled into their pockets.
I know who I believe.

Attached: the pirate vs the faggot.jpg (687x819, 96K)

>be you
>see two different opinions
>surely they must be the same person
you utter retard

>STEALING A CAR DOESNT EFFECT SALES BECAUSE THEY WOULDNT BUY THE CAR ANYWAYS.

>wasn't going to buy the game so they wouldn't get money from me anyways
>piracy upsets some publishers and developers to the point that they would commit war crimes to stop pirates
I think the answer is obvious.

I am literally forced to pirate because PC is digital only and I'm not willing to pay for digital distribution. Used to pay $50 max for a physical copy that was better than today's collector's edition, now they want me to pay for a download license, fuck you I'll pirate instead.
Charging for digital distribution should be illegal and piracy should be legal, it would save gaming.

Attached: 1533383711864.jpg (1600x731, 355K)

You own the car when you buy it.

based retard
This analogy only works if you could somehow make an exact copy of the car and leave the original behind for a real customer to buy

I pirate because games are expensive as hell in my country and I need to pay bills and buy food.

Vou piratear até morrer, fodam-se os americornos, hue.