Why is xbox superior at making controllers?

Why is xbox superior at making controllers?

Attached: 6AF5D7F6-91D2-4482-B239-D51D024204DD.jpg (940x528, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit
theverge.com/2017/5/22/15676966/microsoft-igsky-gameest-xbox-account-hacked-points
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are owned by microsoft, so they have the ability to make the best, and I guess they choose to excercise that ability.

is that actually a controller they are making?

because that would be very cool.

It's great but I don't like the d-pad.
It's also not good for playing Taiko no Tatsujin.

The menu buttons are fucking stupid. Whenever a game says "Click on the bullet points button" I have to look to make sure I don't click on the 2 squares button. It's gay as fuck.

No controller at that price that comes without a rechargeable battery is superior

Because it was designed primarily for FPS games which is easily compatible with controls for other genres. Playstation pads are flawed because they started off copying snes design at a time when modern console fps still hadn't taken off but Dreamcast was already on the right track.

Please. Don't insult me with this. Everyone knows that Sony has mastered the art of the controller with the DualShock 4.

I AM a gamer.

>assymetrical sticks

fuck off

>those small colored dots
Is that the Autism Speaks limited edition?

except the x,y,a,b buttons are the worst of ANY controller. the round shape hurts your thumb after a few minutes, they require more pressure to push down, and the right stick is at a stupid angle to top it off.

just buy your own poorfag i did but youre probably looking for the xbox adaptive controller its better suited for your needs

Why would you even use a regular controller for Taiko over a tatacon, user?

>Click on the bullet points button
literally never happened

>Why is xbox superior at making controllers?

They fucking spent $100 million on R&D for controllers, you don't need to spend that much whoever they hired was a retard.

it would be perfect it it worked flawlessly on Windows 7

Attached: 1539951480916.jpg (2400x2400, 746K)

>$100 million on smells

fucking smellfags

Attached: Xbox One pad cost $100 million in R D - Microsoft.png (727x1004, 98K)

they're not
xbox controllers are trash

I bought one a month ago.

It's not the greatest thing. It feels like I'm missing inputs here and there, but it surprised me that the d-pad is actually usable. Sure it sucks with diagonals to be honest (so it's pretty fucking unusable with fighting games) but any precision platformers of old and new are pretty decent. Also maybe it's me, it seems laggier than the DS4.

Why haven't you upgraded to 10 yet? Its not better by any means, but Microsoft is gonna cut support for 7 by January, and it's probably going to be far less secure by then.

sounds like a subtle way of microsoft telling you to subscribe to botnet

Oh also this. No bluetooth drivers for Windows 7. That's the worst thing, to buy a controller that's supposedly more compatible with PC and yet it's actually not working over bluetooth, unlike... every other fucking gamepad out there.

They've made like 6 controllers and they still can't make a D Pad. Technology that Nintendo mastered in 1985.

Superior to whom, exactly? Madcatz? Maybe.

it's because sony is bad at it

Microsoft has been making game controllers since before your parents even knew each other. It took them 30 years of making truly awful controllers to finally get it right.

Attached: 22726022-842-640x451.jpg (640x451, 43K)

my 360 pad is still strong and so is the X1 pad I bought last year

then fucked completely with switch pro

it doesn't even work properly wired on steam. Microsoft is insidious.
Been deliberating to get that LTSC

They weren't a very critical product before they broke into the console market. Just another niche product that they made.

Switch fag here and the xbone controller is just about even or marginally better than the switch pro controller.
While both are far superior to the dualshit.
Switch has the better gyro and rumble and nicer abxy buttons (and the superior layout), while the xbone has analog triggers and a somewhat nicer form factor that fits better in your hands. And a better d-pad.
Both have a better analog stick placement and no shitty touchpad and blinding blue light unlike the ds4

>no gyro despite shooters being most prevelant on xbox for consoles
>STILL battery powered when even fucking nintendo ditched that shit
>shitty D-pad that's only slightly less poor than the mistake that was the 360's

Attached: big boy.png (391x341, 152K)

Just do it, I've been using it for months without issues. Not to mention normal Windows is getting updates that are slowing it down, legit. People are bitching about this today. LTSC benefits from no bullshit updates and you can still easily add the ms store if you want very, very easily

The D-pad is fucking great for fighting games, the fuck? It's much easier to get the correct inputs due to the "clickiness" of the pad.

that doesn't seem farfetched Tbh, seems kind of low if anything

Hahaha what a fucking pussy. Look at this guy everyone. Biggest handlet limpwristed bitch to ever post.

it uses batteries? what the fuck is this, christmas 1995?

t. butthurt Sony pony

Sony could have used some more r&d because the ds4 is the shittiest built controller in history. The design is good but the build quality is the worst.

AAs > inbuilt batteries

For cardinal directions sure thing, it's pretty amazing. I really fucking like this pad with games like hollow knight. But pulling circles on it is not pleasant. I have to plan my half circles now. On the ds3 I used to own I could pull that shit no problem.

xbox.com/en-CA/xbox-one/accessories/batteries-chargers/play-and-charge-kit

They gave a license to some shitty gamer gear company to make an official pro controller for them.

I don't know man, I fucking hated doing quarter/half/full circles on the dualshock. Felt super spongy and unresponsive.

>that dpad
Into the trash.

this confirms you as a shill, fuck off

>Buy DS4
>20 gimmicks you won't use
>End up with a battery that lasts 4 fucking minutes (even disabling the fucking annoying LED on PC)
>Can't do dick about it

>Buy Xbone controller
>Buy 4 rechargeable AAs
>Shit lasts an eternity in comparison
>When they're done just switch em up
>Will never have to disassemble the fucking controller and order a chink battery somewhere
>Even has an actual proprietary rechargeable battery if that's your style

I see everything right about it using batteries.

>Midi port
I hated it so much

But their controllers are fucking trash.

>asymmetrical sticks
Garbage.
>floaty, useless d-pad
Garbage.
>stupid fucking trigger buttons
Garbage.

*dabs on console shitters*

Attached: 9hq.jpg (500x500, 60K)

iirc because their controller research budget was 90 million dollars.

>4 minutes
quite the fucking exaggeration to try and desperately defend microshit for still skimping out on internal batteries

Attached: Bullshit_but_I_believe.png (250x242, 112K)

Sure thing pal. I'd rather have a controller I don't have to switch every now and then because the battery finally dies from charging it thrice a fucking week while rarely playing videogames.

The d-pad is great when used as auxiliary buttons in a 3D game. But yeah, it's not ideal for 2D platformers.

retard, the post was right there

plug it in after you're done playing while the ps4 is in rest mode you dumb fuck, do you even have a ps4? doubt it considering how much you gobble microsoft's cock. If MS gave half a shit the xbone controller would be as good as the WiiU pro, or even better if they finally got their heads out of their asses and implemented gyro WHEN THEIR MAIN SERIES IS A FUCKING FPS then they would stop being a joke

Attached: cory.jpg (547x692, 75K)

sega heritage

its out

that was such a good controller. confusingly almost 25 years ago it had a better dpad than almost anything today

I had that thing when it came out and it was fucking awful, what the hell are you talking about user lol.

>plug it in after you're done playing
Hahahaha how pathetic

I wish Sony would take a hint and make a 'pro' version of the DS4, or just make it in more premium colours/materials.

I really like the DS4

Attached: 5580915_sd[1].jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=550.jpg (550x345, 24K)

if takes less time to plug it in that to replace AA batteries you retarded microcuck, no wonder nobody gives a shit about xbox anymore, microsoft's decision making is non-existent. I'll laugh my ass off if the next xbox doesn't have gryo or an internal battery, it'll cement Microsoft's departure from consoles

how is this an issue but replacing batteries isn't? seriously, how much is microsoft paying you to post here?

you werent alive when it came out. i played neo geo games on it, it was great.

xbone controller is way, way, way better than any nintendo controller.

Damn those buttons look tiny! Is the mousepad on the right good?

no, it isn't. Until Xbox controllers get internal batteries and gyro, they are shit. Nevermind the poor D-pad (although this applies to the switch too)

>Use DS4
>Have to grab the cable and plug it in every single time you stop playing to reduce the risk of it dying in the middle of your session

>Use Xbone
>Almost forget
>Oh it died, time to change the batteries and play some more, I'll charge those other 2 later
>Half a month later
>Oh, these are finally dead. Oh well I'll use those 2 batteries I charged like, I don't even remember when, hang on

>using a single line to describe the ps4 controller
>using a paragraph to describe the xbox controller
thanks for proving me right, idiot

I got one of the highest THPS3 scores ever with that controller, faggot

Because the charging on the DS4 is done much more often? How is that not an issue? Jesus christ the lengths to which you will go just to prove that the pitiful battery on that piece of shit is any good.

Gyro is a piss poor gimmick and replaceable batteries are king.

I was born in 1984. I had that piece of shit and it was complete trash. Never bothered with anything besides keyboard and mouse since.

because it charges when it's not in use and doesn't cost anything extra. Unless you're a turbo neet who plays 14 hours in a row, there's no issue

>Gyro is a piss poor gimmick
confirmed never using it, gyro is the currently the best method of precise aim on consoles, without question.

because Nintendo literally trademarked the D-Pad, retard. That's why all of the other controller d-pads are dog shit. The only d-pad that has come close to (or surpassed imo) a Nintendo D-Pad is the Vita's. All others are dog shit.

that's called a serial port. Midi port is completely different.

But the Switch pro controller is vastly superior in every way

the switch's d-pad, including the pro controller, are worse than the dullshock 4. I don't know how Nintendo dropped the ball so hard on the pro controller especially. If the D-pad was good I would use the pro controller on my PC over anything else

>no gyro
literally who the fuck cares

>still battery powered
only snoyboys give a shit about this. I'd rather replace my batteries once or twice a month and get 50 hours of game time per charge then have to plug in my controller every day with a dinky 2 foot long cord that is impossible to play games with while charging because of muh always on controller light.

>shitty d-pad
anything is better than the 360's, and besides all of the d-pads except for Nintendo's are dogshit.

>any sidewinder
>good d-pad

noooooo fucking way, man. You try to tap one direction and you hit every direction on that half of the pad 5 times. Sidewinders SUUUUCKED. And then they made that same exact pad for the original xbox and it so much balls. Fighting game were nearly unplayable.

>14 hours in a row
Wow, that's two whole DS4 batteries.

>doesn't cost anything extra
It costs the time spent replacing that piece of shit when it dies. Along with of course, the replacement.

You want a trophy? Should have been playing thps2 anyways faggotass zoomer.

You should care about gyro you moron considering a large portion of the xbox's games are shooter

>only Sony fans give a shit about internal battery
Is that why everyone else except Microsoft ditched that garbage?

I've never had any controller's internal battery die on me, try not throwing your controllers in an autistic fit when you get killed

Nice argument, batterylet

I haven't had to charge my switch pro controller for almost a month now

I use a DS4 and a Switch Pro depending on the game

Attached: 14.png (210x224, 31K)

Argument for what? You had to being up an extremely rare occurance that doesnt happen to over 99% of people and treat it as a regular occurance in order to support your argument. You have no stake, AA batteries in 2019 is unacceptable and every single company aside from microshit agrees

did you ever use that specific one?

fighting games were not unplayable. I practiced neo geo combos in neoragex using that controller. i HAD a real fucking neo geo cart system AND cd system which I KNOW nobody else in the fucking thread can say, so bite my fucking dick

You either play one hour a week or are full of shit, the ds4 battery is the main reason i don't use mine ever

yeah, microsoft
>*original xbox's clock capacitor leaks and bricks your console*
only
>*red ring of death*
makes
>*releases windows me, windows vista and windows 10*
the
>*shits out crackdown 3, sea of thieves and the absolute state of decay 2*
best.

He was already confirmed casual when he admitted to using gyro.

I had a mate that told me the same thing "oh my DS4 lasts a long time"

...motherfucker was playing VNs with it on PC

Mouse + KB is still 13 times superior to any of that gimmicky gyro bullshit. Also I find extremely funny how these bitches care so much about motion controls when they used to bash Nintendo for it.

Mine connects with no issues whatsoever.
Nowadays technology is retard proof. How the fuck do you manage to fuck it up?

because theyre not? ds4 is miles better

It's a driver issue. There are no available bluetooth drivers for it on 8.1 and 7. Wired works, and the receiver also works, but you might not want to pay the extra for the receiver.

If you have it working over bluetooth on 7 fucking tell how, Microsoft states that it's not supported or compatible and I haven't seen any unofficial drivers around.

>gyro is casual
bet you think KB+M is too

Attached: caveman.png (645x729, 145K)

maybe because gyro is actually good while that waggle shit with the wii was trash. KB+M is obviously the best for aiming, but compared to the twin stick only shit with xbox controllers, gyro is a step up

bluetooth on 7 doesnt work

if youre using 7 you are doing yourself a disservice at this point. it has all the same spying shit as 10 btw.

10 is better at this point just upgrade, you can do it free with your same win7 or 8 key.

>Stick drift
>Poor build quality
>Multiple redesigns and they still can't get it right
Roofles!

i used to use xbox 360 controllers with win 7. had to be wired, but it works. as far as BT drivers, idk. could try a ds4 and ds4windows. theres a fork of it that gets updated frequently and it works miles better.

it just works =D

Attached: 1260591_sa.jpg (500x311, 27K)

I've never liked the 360 sticks. Nothing to do with the position, I hate the convex top, and the grips barely lasted, recently I've started to feel tiny bits of the rubber coming off when I use it.
I've never used an Xbone controller though, maybe they're better.

You're thinking of Sony. You know... the ones who can't even make an r2 button that didn't break because plastic hinges. Fucking hinges of cheap shitty brittle plastic. The controllers literally break just from light use.

>convex
*concave

I like it, but whoever thought of making the stick convex needs to be shot.

the PS2 and 360 actually use less accurate sticks than the PS1 btw.

but with the ps3 and xone they switched back to the hire bitdepth. currently use a wired 360 pad.

might change one day but not sure to what.

so ya a PS1 controller is actually as sensitive as a PS4 analogue.

its quite ironic the technology hasn't improved in 20years since it was introduced. its prob already at theoretical/financial limit. they just used some cheaper to make method on ps2/360 as they was mass market

I was thinking of switching to a PSone pad in white as I like the color but they go yellow with age I think. i think ive decided the PS3 is the optimal controller with most useful features but i don't like the feel of it its plastic feels cheap. maybe hori made a ps3 controller that kept the same pressure sensitive buttons etc. hope so. spec wise PS3>PS4 the PS3 pad has way more features. i guess with google stadia coming i might just save my money and wait but a low latancy wired hori ps3 controller with pressure sensitive facebuttons would be dope.

>Be Sony
>Get hacked
lmao

shit garbage controller actually.

there is absolutely no reason to buy stuff like this when xbone controller exists.

I hate every fucking brainlet for giving this piece of garbage good reviews and convincing me to waste my time and money on it.

Why can't one company design a controller where everything works decent?

If it's not the d-pad it's the sticks. If it's not the sticks it's the analog triggers. If it's not the triggers it's the battery because it's wireless. There's nothing sturdy, nothing that screams quality. Unless you play games without analogs in which case maybe the saturn pad is the one.

>Sidewinder series.
>Bad.
The only thing bad about them was how few games were built with controllers in mind, you fucktard.

The WiiU pro controller didn't have any downsides. I wish nintendo just copy pasted it for the switch and added gyro/HD rumble instead of the shitty ass D-pad we have now

I'm so fucking sick of using my ds4 and it having problems with PC games that I might just get a Xbox one controller.

Fucking hell.

Did the WiiU pro controller have analog triggers?

no, hence why I said it didn't have any downsides. Digital trigger are superior for every genre except for racing

What I would like is a controller with a. Top tier dpad.

are you still using third party software? Connect it via steam

they are VERY tiny. Horribly so. They feel more like beads than buttons

>be microsoft
>get hacked by china
lmao
theverge.com/2017/5/22/15676966/microsoft-igsky-gameest-xbox-account-hacked-points

What if I'm buying games outside of steam.

sidewinders are still rated among the worst controllers in existence. You mexican or something?

you can still connect it via steam and use it for whatever, I played on PCSX2 like that

no you are just a dumb cunt that don't know how to install a driver.

Yeah but what if the games not on steam

You sound like someone who wasn't alive at the time or so young you didn't know better.

Stupid inbred millennial.

What do drivers have to do with the quality of the hardware, you bean-eating border hobbit?

Wtf is wrong with you and how are their people here who think this piece of shit was good. Must be trolls or 3rd world trash.

you can add it to your steam library

>library
>add a game
> add a non-steam game

yes, that's what I just said. It still works

Attached: 139483627938[1].png (569x802, 563K)

cause they can't make games

Time for your HRT you sissy queer

use x360ce incels

Right, but literally every dpad, even garbage ones like the gamecube's dpad are "great when used as auxiliary buttons in a 3d game". that's basically just saying that they function at the most basic level.

because old hardwares reviews are flooded buy people saying "it doesn't work" when it defiantly does if you look hard enough and calibrate properly

like the best HOTS joystick is still the Saitek x45 (ps3 and xbox branded ones existed also) even thou you have to do weird driver stuff to get it to work.

what was the best PS3 3rd party controller?what ever that is is probably the optimal controller and will be for ever.

Lots of testing.

So is the original xbox one controller the best for pc? Or at least I can't go wrong with that right?

>hatin on the Sidewinder

FUCK YOU!

Attached: Sidewinder_gamepad.jpg (360x359, 18K)

>xbox controllers
>superior
nigger what
the only thing xbox does right is the RT/LT, everything is fuckawful
>shit dpad
>shit stick layout
>shit buttons
complete trash

Latest one (1708) you can't go wrong with -if- you use Windows 10. It detects the thing right away and pretty much most games you can think of already support it as well. Just pair or plug and done.

I think the 360wired one is best for a windows PC. not the charging kit but the one with a physical wire attached and no battery pack area on back (which hurts hands and is main 360 flaw) these might be hard to find authentic now they was sold as Wired 360 for Windows or some thing they was specifically targeted as the WindowsLive controller

AMD and heaps of developers still use this wired 360 controller for demos as its the most reliable/fastest/native support with no drivers etc.

whats the deal with the close nubs on the dualshock3 and prior and the wider ones on the dualshock4/stadia pad compared to xbox/switch layout.

is there actually a opinion on which is best. like sure I have played alot of 360 in my life but only really 5years. I don't mind relearning a dif layout.

does the wider gap of the sticks in the PS4 help or doesn't do shit all? compared to ps3.

opinions on this? thinking about picking this up

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

even if its the best controller ever it looks like utter shit so I wouldn't.

At least it took a proper nation state to get MS lmao
Can't go back to my 360 controller after having a bluetooth xbone controller, it's just such a better design overall. I spent $20 on the proper dongle so I could use wireless audio and crap, and haven't regretted any of it once.

ya but most computers don't have Bluetooth so that's shit advice.

but we might all be using laptops that 100% have BT and google stadia in 3years so it might be good advice... idknow. but I mean even high end desktop pc motherboards still skip BT unless they ITX or obviously for HTPC.

>ya but most computers don't have Bluetooth so that's shit advice.
1. Are you 11? Can you not buy a bluetooth usb dongle for $2 off aliexpress?
2. It comes with a USB cable in the box

usb adds more delay to the BT. if its not in a m.2 slot or pcie slot on motherboard or literally soldered on its shit.

The mousepad on the right is pretty dang good. Kicks ass for mouse control, but feels weird when emulating a joystick.

Who told you this and why did you believe them? Do you use a PS/2 mouse and keyboard also?

no I use a USB mouse and keyboard.

but the BT chip after the USB stick needs a controller chip which is what slows it down. its not the USB that slows it down its that its not a serial connection like with m.2/pcie/onboard. ya 2$ adaptor is shit and prob adds like 15ms lag to already laggy BT..

You got a source for that?

I have big hands and it was a comfortable experience to play with this controller for a few minutes at an uni event

are you fucking crazy? I'd much rather bring my own batteries into the fray rather than rely on the internal battery that slowly loses charge in a few years.

Controllers convinced me to get the first Xbox.

Timesplitters 2 on the Dualshock vs Timesplitters 2 on the Xbox controller come on son.