This game is honestly so fucking good. It's so easy to just launch this game and get lost in it's beautiful world...

This game is honestly so fucking good. It's so easy to just launch this game and get lost in it's beautiful world. I updated my PC a few months ago and I run this on pretty high settings (not max) and I am occasionally in awe at how beautiful everything looks. Running through big cities like Athens or Sparta, they really feel alive and bustling like a giant city, you can even just walk by people's homes and see them doing shit. The quality of life changes have been really nice too (can have multiple loadouts, change the appearance of individual pieces of gear, etc).

But this game suffers from the same problem every Ubisoft game has...the writing is pure shit. The story isn't the worst thing in the world, but the dialogue (especially from your player character) are often times so dull and lifeless it completely breaks immersion to the game. Not to mention the controls can sometimes be clunky as fuck, and I find myself climbing structures or walls I didn't mean to climb.

I'm glad Ubisoft is getting better at gameplay/world-building, but will they ever make a game where the dialogue feels like it wasn't put together last minute by a team of socially awkward weirdos who have never had a real conversation before?

Attached: download.jpg (297x170, 14K)

Can you stop making these threads?

I've played a lot of shitty games before, but this one completely broke me. Speaking as someone who used to love the AC series and stuck with it longer than most people, AC Odyssey is so soul crushingly boring and focus tested that I couldn't physically continue.

I just got to where I upgraded Leonidas's spear for the first time and Kassandra talked to me outside of the ancient forge. My playtime is 45 hours. How far along in the main story am I?

What don't you like about it? I've been playing AC since the first one came out and I'm happy the series is finally evolving, because after Black Flag it all went to shit (and there were a lot of bad moments in Black Flag too)

>Terrible Story
>Loot box shit
>Rpg shit
>Terrible characters
>Useless busywork side quests
>Sailing is completely tedious
>Combat is awful

1. Black Flag
2. Origins
3. II

you should avoid everything else

Will pirate once all the dlc is out.

Why are AC3 and Unity so underrated? AC3 had brilliant setpieces and Connor was a brutal character. Unity had the best graphics and atmosphere in the series.

What loot box shit? Do you mean the Olympic gifts you can buy from that one guy in that one town? Who even gives a fuck about that. And I'm not sure if you are disabled and playing in a wheel chair or something because there's nothing wrong with the sailing. You literally press the button to go travel speed and just wait. Also, I like RPG shit, which is why I'm happy with a lot of changes in this game, but that's just a purely personal thing.

I think anyone that still thinks Black Flag is an amazing game are blinded by nostalgia. The sailing is still great, but so much of that game is bogged down with 10,000 trailing missions and nothing else. Literally, the ONLY good thing about Black Flag was the sailing. That was it. And why would you play Origins when Odyssey took all the great features from it and made them 10x better?

The movement in AC3 pissed me off so much and half of the optional objectives were utter bullshit

Modern day AC when.

Attached: 1551175220844.png (1357x721, 848K)

It looks better than anything before it and I always like the setting of AC games but they're fucking boring beyond comprehension.

Even at £8 in the Humble Bundle I've not taken a punt in hope that this one is just enough different. The mission structure is fucking horrific, there's too much travelling (I hate open worls at the best of times) and I refuse to believe combat has been improved enough.

>You literally press the button to go travel speed and just wait.
Not him and I haven't played the game but this sounds like an actual 0/10 design decision. What a fucking horrid idea.

>Who even gives a fuck about that.
I do faggot

About 13% in

Absolutely sublime taste my friend. Black flag and origins are the best. Ezio's games are also pretty good.

Attached: IMG_199a1643-63e4-45aa-809d-9fafa8150571.jpg (1920x1080, 2.11M)

Just whack the enemy until their health goes down. Or use your super skills because this is now WoW.

Attached: bionicle.jpg (750x687, 47K)

Kassandra is Cute. CUTE !!!!!!

Attached: 1539474726522m.jpg (1024x576, 76K)

could you Ubishills stop with these threads? Odyssey had a lot of potential but it's one of the most shallow and boring Openworld game i have ever played, the entire game is "go there and press button" or "Kill X's", war mechanic is pointless and pathetic( take the land for Sparda then immediately take it again for Athens, nobody gives a shit and it changes nothing), combat is mind numb boring once you get that only one "skill tree" is worth a shit and you can use the same tactic the entire game, the LVL and loot crap is awful, the world is massive but bland with very few sights worth seeing while most of the world is copy pasted, story and characters are garbage especially modern day ones. I spend 8 to 10 hours on it and i could not take it anymore, it just so repetitive and boring.

Odyssey is bretty gud too

Go back and actually play through Black Flag and try not to fall asleep every time you get forced out of the Animus to walk around at a turtles space around Abstergo, or try not to fall asleep when you have to trail someone for 15 minutes after doing it 30 other times. Black Flag was amazing because it was the first AC game that really fleshed out the sailing, but future installments have added those features and made them better while having a main story that isn't 'Trailing Missions: The Game'

>ac3
>underrated
Absolutely fucking awful everything post-Haythem. But it did give us Black Flag so I'm okay with it.

I literally just finished my 3rd playthrough last night (this time trying to get 100%). Tailing missions are lame but they're not actually difficult if you navigate the rooftops properly. Modern day stuff is garbage like any AC game but it goes by quick because usually you just have to listen to some dialogue then hack a computer

It's not that they are difficult they're just really boring. Half way through the story I was so fucking sick of it, just wanted to go back to my ship and do cool pirate things

>future installments have added those features and made them better
I hope you don't mean Odyssey.

>while having a main story that isn't '
Trailing Missions: The Game
Nah I played Odyssey and Rogue and I didn't enjoy the story anywhere near as much as Kenway's story. Tailing missions are trash but everything else makes up for it.

HERE'S YOUR STUPID FUCKING PLOT TWIST BRO

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 129K)

Best protagonists

Great tier:
Bayek
Edward
Ezio

Alright tier:
Evie
Shay
Altair
Connor

Bad tier:
Jacob
Kassandra/Alexios
Arno

Attached: 090041ebde9ec8c84122a85bf0f7a22b.jpg (640x633, 66K)

Being the daughter of the mcguffin was pretty shit in all honesty.

How was that a twist?
Every message in a bottle you find during the whole game talks about how the sage lives multiple lifetimes. I basically expected it in some form.

I haven't played Black Flag in years, but what does it have in that game that future AC sailing installments don't have? They have customization, upgrades, etc. Only differences I can think of are: no more sea creature boss fights (loved those), the ability to switch between shanties, and....going really deep underwater in that cage?

It doesn't let you play as a pirate sailing around the West Indies

North Atlantic/ River valley was kind of boring and nonsensical in rogue

Aegean sea is a cool setting but the naval combat isn't the same as having cannons and Odyssey sucks

Black Flag isn't an assassins creed game. Sailing shit is not what I signed up for when I want to be an assassin. Everything after 3 is dogshit.

Its fun for like 30-40 hours for sure.
After that its just kinda samey as fuck.
Athens and Picture Mode was great though.
More games need to add a legit camera mode.

Attached: Desktop_2018_10_08_22_48_10_251.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

That's exactly what I like about it. The Assassin/Templar/ancient Civ lore is the most contrived and stupid shit. It makes every game have the same formula and is just boring. It's the worst part of each game.

>Play as guy with DRAMATIC PAST
>Reluctantly or hesitantly ASSIST THE ASSASSINS
>Witness EVIL TEMPLARS being EVIL
>Air assassinate 5-10 CARTOON villains and hear them rant about shit as they die
>Prevent them from misusing ancient artifact
>THE END

Boom I just described every single fucking AC plot because of their stupid shitty lore.

Even origins and Odyssey which don't have Assassins/Templars follow this formula with an evil cult instead

That's why you don't keep playing a game series that has run its course. Who plays COD after Black Ops? Nostalgia and completionist mindset is why games are only rehashes now.

I can't get myself into this game. I basically quit when he left the island for the first time and I saw how massive the map is

It's genuinely fun.

Attached: ss+(2019-04-15+at+02.40.59).jpg (327x135, 19K)

Good you're not missing much. I'm 73~ hours in, and it basically just devolves into grinding that entire time. Playing on hard (no idea if that effects exp) I found myself clearing entire regions and just barely or not even having enough EXP for the next story mission. Hundreds of copy pasted camps and fetch quests. Not to mention all the fucking loot you have to manage, upgrade, dismantle, sell. Too much menu time.

They really went for quantity over quality. Origins is way better.

4. Unity (with a Reshade that removes the disgusting blue tint)

Would be really nice if it were somewhat optimized.

>I found myself clearing entire regions and just barely or not even having enough EXP for the next story mission.

How do some people have this issue? All the fun stuff in that game to me wasn't even related to the story, I just fucked off, did side quests, hunted some cultists, fought some conquests, etc and I'm level 55 and have 77 hours. Never needed to be a higher level for the next quest.

It took me like 90 hours to beat the game. I could have done it less but I was trying to complete some side quests. I enjoyed it but it was a big waste of potential story wise. nothing was connected really besides the core characters.

stop talking about my wife like that

Attached: 1542778405687.jpg (1037x1600, 551K)

I don't know man. I guess your game is magically just more balanced than mine. I literally go from marker to marker completing everything in a region when I arrive to it. And I'm always starved for EXP. for context I only have 3 less hours than you ingame and I'm level 44, 11 levels behind you.

Unity was a complete mess with the fucktone of NPCs.

I thought Evie was cuter desu. Something looks off about Kassandra.

Attached: 759c3994f11ad4e48691323ab9bf5859.jpg (500x600, 55K)

>I literally go from marker to marker completing everything in a region when I arrive to it.

Weird cause I do the same thing, and I never bought an xp/drachmae boost. I have killed almost every cultist though, and I do a lot of the timed, boring fetch quests if it's in an area I'm questing at.

> Something looks off about Kassandra.

Attached: Diemos5.webm (1000x563, 1.73M)

>people actually played as Alexios

switch to easy mode ,pick all contracts related to athenian/spartan and then do conquests non stop.Repeat
Easiest way to farm

>I do a lot of the timed, boring fetch quests
Ah well here lies the difference. I never touch those. They're literally randomly-generated. Basically a single player MMO at this point, if you have to waste your time on filler content like that.

Yeah I agree with you, they are really boring, but at least in this game it kind of makes sense since you are a mercenary and all that. I don't go out of my way to do them, but if I'm in an area doing a bunch of quests or going marker to marker as you do I figure I might as well just for some extra drachmae.

Easy mode is -10 level requeriment or below .
You can defeat a +5 level enemy.
Its the same game but with less farming.

Origins did a much better job with the world. Odyssey's dungeons and cities are extremely samey with a lot of copy paste assets

Unironically play the game in Japanese. it will change your world. Recently upgraded from a 970 to a 1070 (for DOA6) and getting 50-60 fps 1440p on Ultra. The game is indeed gorgeous (especially the high resolution character model textures).

But does it make you cut through everything like butter? Because that's boring, might as well watch a movie instead of play a game if there's no challenge. Hard mode is challenging because the enemies have more health but I feel like it just makes me play more catiously with my stealth skills

>Unironically play the game in Japanese. it will change your world
What the fuck is wrong with weaboos?

Attached: 1555220465213.jpg (502x471, 69K)

Alexio is Kino because he pounds cougar puss to cuck the husband

Why does Yea Forums love BF so much? Is it just because of the mediocre sailing?

>I want to be a misthios when I grow up!
should we tell her?

Attached: kass4.jpg (1920x3312, 1.48M)

If you go underleveled more than +5 it can be still a challenge .
Enemies are still damage sponges .
Difficulty balance is terrible in this game though.
Also you can switch whatever you want.

Great setting, great atmosphere, great main character, great supporting cast, great soundtrack, great exploration, great ship combat, bad Asscreed shit.

The good cancels out the bad.

>More games need to add a legit camera mode.
It's becoming commonplace in modern games as of late, even more niche titles are starting to add it now.

jorraptor is ourguy

Attached: 1555233948192.png (1161x1067, 857K)

>great main character, great supporting cast
This is the hardest part to believe.

>Hunter build is boring & useless
>assassin is strong but boring
>warrior is fun & strong but shit like input delay & bad parry animations makes it annoying

the fake greek accents suck ass dude. better to play the game in mute than have to listen to it. also the actual japanese logalized dialogue (script) is better edited than the english dialogue for some strange reason (i.e. the english dialogue seems dumbed down in places, probably not to confuse burgers).

Edward Kenway & his pirate friends are awesome. And they all have a good arc throughout the game because they're forced the change as their lifestyle is unrealistic and unsustainable.

In summary Edward basically realizes he's been a selfish prick to everyone around him. In his search for wealth and glory, he burned all his bridges, and now they're all dead or gone and he can't fix it.

The twist is how that subplot was solved in the comic series and the not games. What a disgrace.

Oh, you mean the ancient civilisation villain lady? That's fine. That stuff made for decent twists in the 1st and 2nd game but just became ridiculous contrived bullshit afterwards.

I'm surprised they haven't just dropped modern day story altogether. Nobody buys the games to play as some retard in the present day with a side cast of hipster hacker buddies

Do you play dress up with your spartan boi/grill?

Attached: Assassin's Creed® Odyssey_20190409182858.jpg (3840x2160, 776K)

you fucking retarded weeb cunt, most of the cast is greek. The accent isnt fake.

Not really. I stick with this as looks the most practical and least stupid to me. I always hated flashy outfits when the goal is to blend in.

Attached: IMG_a9731388-e824-46a4-bbaa-b6ed68bb906d.jpg (486x934, 413K)

rogue was pretty great

its boring

I don't recognize that chest piece

>his pirate friends are awesome
They're barely around. The only ones who get any development out of the lot are Mary and Adewale. Bonnet literally disappears after the second time you meet him until you find out he got hung and everyone else is around for like two scenes and then they're done. Blackbeard is only there for like two scenes and you only ever interact with him for more than a couple seconds in his one mission. The final song is fantastic, but I just don't get how you formed such a rapport with the side characters when they're either never around or scheming against you.

Edward has a really good arc, but the problem is you spend 70-80% of the game with him being completely unlikable, selling people out, not giving a shit that people are dying because of him to the point that Adewale mutinies, telling virtually everyone to go away, and a whole host of other things. It's so hard to play as him at times because he's just such an asshole and such a callous and horrible human being yet he's supposed to be the protagonist. That scene at the end where he's in his drunk fever dream losing his mind about everyone he's let die and wanting to repent was great. I get that's the point, I just found him hard to like which I guess was the point and he's a good protagonist in the end.

Attached: 1421660170636.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

Brotherhood is still the best. The problem I have with Odyssey is that as large and open as it is, it's still the same repetitive tasks and missions outside of the main story.

The only difference is that in previous games with the exception of black flag, these tasks were much less spread out. If you're a completionist like me it's incredibly frustrating to have to run hundreds of meters between every point of interest just to do the same thing over and over.

You'll probably enjoy it best if you just focus on the main mission and maybe the merc/cultist trees while ignoring the actual world.

They're around for a little more than you think. You spend at least a mission with each of them and they're always hanging around in the cutscenes in the earlier parts of the game.

I liked how he was such a shameless scoundrel, it's exactly what I want a pirate to be like. Also his outfit is my favorite design. Something about it is just very sleek and it doesn't look too outlandish when he has the hood down

Will the Vikang game be good?

Attached: czrho7rol2ltqus9pthu.jpg (1215x2160, 2.95M)

Greek Americans aren’t Greek dumbshit

If they speak the language natively then the accent is reasonably accurate.

Of course nobody is going to have the actual Greek accent from 2,300 years ago so it's a fine compromise. Better than playing in Japanese, that's just retarded. Anime rots your brain.